Holy crap - this has to stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The O. P. has long been one of the most divisive among us. One of the most polarizing. One of the quickest to try to stifle opinions which differ from hers.

If she is announcing that her behavior will change; its very good news, as she is also a Moderator who should set an example...rather than be one of the blindest and most passionate partisans.

I want to believe she is turning over a new leaf..I hope she is turning over a new leaf...but I am harassed by doubts.

More likely it is a lecture implicitly directed to us Heartland Americans.

Time will tell.

Meanwhile, I am still very angry that Bolsheviks have decided that they will spend all their time trying to undermine the duly elected Government of the United States.

So, what your saying is if everyone agrees and thinks like you everything will be ok. Correct? No 2 sides or 3 anymore? Just a bunch of zombies.
...or accept the fact that you can't take the country without a fight.

Seriously. This toxic partisan political culture is poisoning civil society.

What the hell is wrong with us?

The left and the right pulling hair and screeching their bumpersticker slogans and broad brush pig ignorant partisan blamegaming? What's wrong with us?

I'm no youngster. I've never seen such a dangerous ambient.

We have someone shooting at one of our few remaining bipartisan non political fun charitable events because he wants to kill a bunch of (insert political party).

The rhetoric flooding the country is poisoning us. And no one wants to take responsibility for stepping up and saying "enough already". For changing it.

Our representatives are colleagues first and foremost. Political opponents second. They recognize it. That violence against one is violence against the others and against our very institutions. Why are we unable to recognize that?

It's a damn shame that our president play such a big role in the hatred and isn't the leader we need to heal the wounds.

He's a sucko piece of crap president BUT he is OUR elected representative. His office does stand for something and that includes basic respect. If he's not the leader to heal wounds - WE HAVE TO BE. We can't just crawl around crying and blaming and damaging our society and blaming the election. We CAN'T allow OUR rhetoric to energize our wingnuts into unspeakable actions because we have a p.o.s. president.

???????? I thought you were sincerely trying to come to any solution that would help us pull together, yet you merely used this to attack Trump by calling him a piece of shit. How does that help? :dunno:

I could fight back and say ''well yeah but it started with Obama'', but I did not realize things were going to the blame game.

/unwatch

The O. P. has long been one of the most divisive among us. One of the most polarizing. One of the quickest to try to stifle opinions which differ from hers.

If she is announcing that her behavior will change; its very good news, as she is also a Moderator who should set an example...rather than be one of the blindest and most passionate partisans.

I want to believe she is turning over a new leaf..I hope she is turning over a new leaf...but I am harassed by doubts.

Time will tell.

Meanwhile, I am still very angry that Bolsheviks have decided that they will spend all their time trying to undermine the duly elected Government of the United States.

So, what your saying is if everyone agrees and thinks like you everything will be ok. Correct? No 2 sides or 3 anymore? Just a bunch of zombies.

Exactly,,,

They want to push violence but when something does happen to them...Well, lets blame the other side and silence them with unfounded shame.

_96288419_kathygriffin-620x436.jpg

-qfzqBr1qh0.jpg

Companies End Sponsorship Over Trump Killing Scene In Play

And a perfect example of what I was talking about...
The HATE is on your side. You (collectively) get these nuts worked into a frenzy of hate until one of them thinks he's doing God's service. This is on you. Live with it.

No need to be attacking Coyote. She is not hating anyone........not to mention that hate is coming from all sides.
Wasn't a personal attack, but the violence is from ONE side only. Let's not pretend otherwise.

The left and the right pulling hair and screeching their bumpersticker slogans and broad brush pig ignorant partisan blamegaming? What's wrong with us?

We have someone shooting at one of our few remaining bipartisan non political fun charitable events because he wants to kill a bunch of (insert political party).

The rhetoric flooding the country is poisoning us. And no one wants to take responsibility for stepping up and saying "enough already". For changing it.

Our representatives are colleagues first and foremost. Political opponents second. They recognize it. That violence against one is violence against the others and against our very institutions. Why are we unable to recognize that?
Corporate American Media - on both Left and Right - continues to fan the flames.

After all, it "sells papers" - translation: it generates viewers and readers and clicks and likes and such.

Which, in the Corporatists' minds, is FAR more important than individual lives.

I believe the term you couldn't bring yourself to mention is REPUBLICAN

It's a damn shame that our president played such a big role in the hatred and isn't the leader we need to heal the wounds.

How would you know? You have yet to give him even a least chance. So for me your opinions are way to biased to take serious. You just want to blame. It's time to lay away the blame and try to heal a bit.

Remember I attacked Obama for years so I aint as bias you may think....The problem with Trump is he encouraged such violence at his rallies and ran on a platform that believed that America was too weak and needed to toughen up. This Kat is exactly what we don't need.

And no, I will never accept cutting infrastructure, science and education.

:eusa_hand:

So when the next instance comes out where there is someone killed by a Trump supporter, which will happen shortly, are the Trump supporters going to make threads praising him as a soldier for their cause? I'd bet on it.

That's just how divided Trump has made this country. I have never, in my entire life seen a country so politically divided as it is right now.
Trump caused division the same way Reagan and Bush did. He won. How stupid do you think people are? Any Republican would get the exact same treatment.

And a perfect example of what I was talking about...
The HATE is on your side. You (collectively) get these nuts worked into a frenzy of hate until one of them thinks he's doing God's service. This is on you. Live with it.

You can't even see it. You're just like those you attack.
No, she's right. It isn't Republicans attacking Democrats.

tumblr_static_e0z5ly3z7lcsgg04wck0sg0gk_640_v2.jpg

fight+your+local+facho.jpg

images

KG - I can show you emblems and hateful stuff from your "Republicans" too. But what's the point? Attempting to demonize one side so you can sanctify the other's bad behavior or pretend it doesn't exist or pretend it's justified?

Things have gone to far for that. I was very afraid that Obama was going to get assassinated given the heated attacks on him and there were attempts. I'm even more scared Trump might be given not just the heated attacks but the seeming empowerment given to fringe groups on both sides by this election. I can't stand him but I certainly don't want him or anyone attacked or assassinated.

Honestly - things have gone too far and blaming only one side isn't going to change a thing. We need to blame ourselves - for what we've allowed, what we've excused and what we've given power to.

It's a damn shame that our president played such a big role in the hatred and isn't the leader we need to heal the wounds.

How would you know? You have yet to give him even a least chance. So for me your opinions are way to biased to take serious. You just want to blame. It's time to lay away the blame and try to heal a bit.

Remember I attacked Obama for years so I aint as bias you may think....The problem with Trump is he encouraged such violence at his rallies and ran on a platform that believed that America was too weak and needed to toughen up. This Kat is exactly what we don't need.

And no, I will never accept cutting infrastructure, science and education.

:eusa_hand:

Right up until the republican party started to attack Science and education I was a republican. I voted for Bush, McCain and Romney...Bias my ass.

So when the next instance comes out where there is someone killed by a Trump supporter, which will happen shortly, are the Trump supporters going to make threads praising him as a soldier for their cause? I'd bet on it.

One name: Sarah Palin.

That's just how divided Trump has made this country. I have never, in my entire life seen a country so politically divided as it is right now.

I guess you must have been hibernating the eight years before this year started.

Time will tell.

...or accept the fact that you can't take the country without a fight.

Sorry got the wrong person I am not a part of any group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back