Holy crap - this has to stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when the next instance comes out where there is someone killed by a Trump supporter, which will happen shortly, are the Trump supporters going to make threads praising him as a soldier for their cause? I'd bet on it.

One name: Sarah Palin.

That's just how divided Trump has made this country. I have never, in my entire life seen a country so politically divided as it is right now.

I guess you must have been hibernating the eight years before this year started.

No, even with Obama in office it was nothing like this. Obama was not going out and instigating hatred.

Well, I agree with you but I'll never forgive him for the Blacklivesmatters violence. He wasn't perfect but he was a hell of a lot better then Trump.

BLM was a creation caused by the new social networking system. If not for Twitter, which Trump now uses as his own weapon, BLM would have never spread and become what it is today.
...except they were invited to Obama's White House many times.

I've come to the point where I think liberal parts of America should be governed by liberals and conservatives should be governed by their own...

Maybe divide it up by blue areas and red areas. I don't see how we can ever agree on issues of maintaining this country.

We can work together in matters of national defense and be kind to each other.

I am NOT going to stop opposing cutting education, science and infrastructure. I'll oppose violence and beg people on both sides to be civilized but I have a right to my opinion.
And the rest of us have the right to reject it. And, for the record, HANDOUTS from the Taxpayer, do not equal advancement in "science." More money, spent on government "education," does not equal a more educated country.

Funded by Soros in order to fire up Black vote for Hillary. Dallas police officers died.

And what a shocker ... post after post of (insert ideology of choice) accusing (insert ideology of choice) of being the MOST hateful.

I'm sure no one expected this.

It's called "evidence" and "proof".

You should have expected it, if you didn't. Because it is irrefutable.

The left is the enemy of mankind, and of our country. They have chosen that path, and now they're going to suffer the consequences.

Of course we will suffer too. There are consequences for letting them get away with their garbage for as long as we have.

Seriously. This toxic partisan political culture is poisoning civil society.

What the hell is wrong with us?

The left and the right pulling hair and screeching their bumpersticker slogans and broad brush pig ignorant partisan blamegaming? What's wrong with us?

I'm no youngster. I've never seen such a dangerous ambient.

We have someone shooting at one of our few remaining bipartisan non political fun charitable events because he wants to kill a bunch of (insert political party).

The rhetoric flooding the country is poisoning us. And no one wants to take responsibility for stepping up and saying "enough already". For changing it.

Our representatives are colleagues first and foremost. Political opponents second. They recognize it. That violence against one is violence against the others and against our very institutions. Why are we unable to recognize that?

It's a damn shame that our president played such a big role in the hatred and isn't the leader we need to heal the wounds.

How would you know? You have yet to give him even a least chance. So for me your opinions are way to biased to take serious. You just want to blame. It's time to lay away the blame and try to heal a bit.

Remember I attacked Obama for years so I aint as bias you may think....The problem with Trump is he encouraged such violence at his rallies and ran on a platform that believed that America was too weak and needed to toughen up. This Kat is exactly what we don't need.

And no, I will never accept cutting infrastructure, science and education.

This is the second response I read about "Trump rallies." So let me ask, did Trump ask his followers to attack people everywhere or did he say attack the trouble makers that came to his event to try and stop or disrupt it?

I am NOT going to stop opposing cutting education, science and infrastructure. I'll oppose violence and beg people on both sides to be civilized but I have a right to my opinion.

And so do I. But, please tell me who said you didn't have a right to your opinion? Be sure to post links.

Bernie Sanders:

"I have just been informed that the alleged shooter at the Republican baseball practice is someone who apparently volunteered on my presidential campaign," Sanders said. "I am sickened by this despicable act. Let me be as clear as I can be: Violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms. Real change can only come about through nonviolent action, and anything else runs against our most deeply held American values."

Seriously. This toxic partisan political culture is poisoning civil society.

What the hell is wrong with us?

The left and the right pulling hair and screeching their bumpersticker slogans and broad brush pig ignorant partisan blamegaming? What's wrong with us?

I'm no youngster. I've never seen such a dangerous ambient.

We have someone shooting at one of our few remaining bipartisan non political fun charitable events because he wants to kill a bunch of (insert political party).

The rhetoric flooding the country is poisoning us. And no one wants to take responsibility for stepping up and saying "enough already". For changing it.

Our representatives are colleagues first and foremost. Political opponents second. They recognize it. That violence against one is violence against the others and against our very institutions. Why are we unable to recognize that?
TRANSLATION: This is the first time I've ever seen Republicans fight back! How can we possibly keep control if they keep telling the truth about us! It's not fair, I tell you!

P.S. Especially since they are winning!

And a perfect example of what I was talking about...
The HATE is on your side. You (collectively) get these nuts worked into a frenzy of hate until one of them thinks he's doing God's service. This is on you. Live with it.

uh-huh. trump rallies were nothing but giant love fests, right? & i am positive you were incredulous & outraged at the portland alt right white supremacist who stabbed to death innocent men defending innocent muslim women on that train right?

Donald Trump:

"We may have our differences, but we do well in times like these to remember that everyone who serves in our nation's capital is here because above all they love our country," Trump said from the White House. "We can all agree that we are blessed to be Americans. That our children deserve to grow up in a nation of safety and peace. That we are strongest when we are unified and when we work together for the common good."

Now these idiots are going to come to Oregon and crap all over the place, spread disease and vermin, probably kill a couple of people, and totally outnumber and terrorize the tiny populations of the areas they target...

Rainbow Family of Living Light Unofficial Home Page

The sheriff of Grant county says they're already showing up and there have already been arrests and hospitalizations.

Democrats are hell-bent on destroying this administration.

Any rational person can see it on this board.

And a perfect example of what I was talking about...

Exactly. And it doesn't seem to dawn on them that their own thought process is exactly the same as the shooter's --- "Kill a bunch of (insert political party) because all (insert political party)s are "hell-bent on destroying", are "violent", are "insane" and "this is on you people". Same flawed thought process-- absurd partisan blanket generalizations and Composition Fallacies.

None so fucking blind as those who don't own a mirror.
Since you are blaming everyone else the answer to your question is no, you do not own a mirror.

The O. P. has long been one of the most divisive among us. One of the most polarizing. One of the quickest to try to stifle opinions which differ from hers.

If she is announcing that her behavior will change; its very good news, as she is also a Moderator who should set an example...rather than be one of the blindest and most passionate partisans.

I want to believe she is turning over a new leaf..I hope she is turning over a new leaf...but I am harassed by doubts.

More likely it is a lecture implicitly directed to us Heartland Americans.

Time will tell.

Meanwhile, I am still very angry that Bolsheviks have decided that they will spend all their time trying to undermine the duly elected Government of the United States.

It's always the others guys who are doing it???

What about all of undermining of the Obama Administration? The violent and hateful rhetoric coming from Trump.

Conservative violence against minorities and Muslims is ignored.

Both sides have ramped up the rhetoric, none more than Trump, exhorting his followers to beat up protesters and throw them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back