Hollande asked Netanyahu not to attend Paris memorial march

It sounds like an impressive turn out - unbelievable with 40 world leaders from around the world and
I think asking Netanyahu to not attend the March was a bit harsh towards Jewish people. You have to realize that Netanyahu represents Jewish folks whether he himself is likable or not.

Yes, sort of - he represents Israel. Saying he represents Jewish people is like saying France can not represent french Jews. It's kind of sticky in my opinion. Also, I understand not wanting someone there (both Abbas and Netanyahu) who might bring other issues into it and fracture what should be an attempt at unity against terrorism. I'm not saying it's right or wrong - but I understand the reasoning.

so why is it appropriate for abu mazen to be there? whom does he represent? muslims from Algeria?

He was NOT originally invited. He was only invited after Netanyahu insisted on coming (it's in the original article).

Is Abbas linked to terrorism? If not then there is no reason why he should have not been invited.

You're kidding, right?

Abbas is Fatah. They're responsible for too many to count terror attacks

He's a head of state. To invite one and not the other is a slap in the face.

Netanyahu hardly has clean hands.

It sounds like an impressive turn out - unbelievable with 40 world leaders from around the world and
Well, that was not very nice of Pres. Hollande, especially considering that four jews were murdered by savage islamic beasts and he, Pres. Hollande, invited Abbas. To invite one but exclude the other, under these circumstances, would be just plain old stupid. Bibi did the right thing by appearing.

According to the article:
Absence sought as part of attempt to keep Israeli-Palestinian conflict out of European show of unity; After Netanyahu insisted on coming, French made it clear Abbas would be invited as well.

I think asking Netanyahu to not attend the March was a bit harsh towards Jewish people. You have to realize that Netanyahu represents Jewish folks whether he himself is likable or not.

Yes, sort of - he represents Israel. Saying he represents Jewish people is like saying France can not represent french Jews. It's kind of sticky in my opinion. Also, I understand not wanting someone there (both Abbas and Netanyahu) who might bring other issues into it and fracture what should be an attempt at unity against terrorism. I'm not saying it's right or wrong - but I understand the reasoning.

That's nonsense. The most suiting to represent the interest of the Jewish people is the Jewish state, and Netanyahu is its current leader. He is not just allowed, but also expected, to be present there. 50 leaders were to be there, but not one coming from the Jewish state? That's insane.

Again, not wanting someone there, they should have kept Abbas home. He tried to evade the 'festival' from the beginning. our people were killed there, and someone to speak for us was needed there. This is absurd.

I disagree. Many people were killed there, not just Jews and above all they were French. Abbas has has much right to be there as Netanyahu but Abbas was not invited until Netanyahu insisted he would come.

Well, that was not very nice of Pres. Hollande, especially considering that four jews were murdered by savage islamic beasts and he, Pres. Hollande, invited Abbas. To invite one but exclude the other, under these circumstances, would be just plain old stupid. Bibi did the right thing by appearing.

According to the article:
Absence sought as part of attempt to keep Israeli-Palestinian conflict out of European show of unity; After Netanyahu insisted on coming, French made it clear Abbas would be invited as well.

Then Abbas should have been the one un-invited, not Netanyahu. Netanyahu is the current leader of the Jewish state. I'm hardly his fan, but I find the will to not invite him because of Abbas rediculous, unrespectful, and even appalling. Netanyahu represents 4 of the victims who were killed, and an entire french community. Who Abbas came to represent, besides his ego?

Abbas WAS NOT INVITED until AFTER Netanyahu said he would come. Sheesh. How many times does this need to be repeated? Netanyahu represents Israel. He's a politician, not a religious leader.

:lmao:

Geeze louize here come the freaking anti Jews. This will be a fun thread to watch today.

Idiots pretending to be a Native American indulging in extreme ethnic hatred. What's wrong with this picture, folks?

What's next -- a person claiming to be black promoting the KKK?

so why is it appropriate for abu mazen to be there? whom does he represent? muslims from Algeria?

He was NOT originally invited. He was only invited after Netanyahu insisted on coming (it's in the original article).

Is Abbas linked to terrorism? If not then there is no reason why he should have not been invited.

You're kidding, right?

Is that a requirement for attendance? The clean-hand club?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

You're kidding, right?

Is that a requirement for attendance? The clean-hand club?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Nope.

Israel is the most dangerous squatter nation on the planet. They even have nukes - but won't admit it.

Why won't Israel admit it has nukes?

The Ninjews are coming to get you shitting bull.

latest

Vanishing the Palestinians

When the Zionists decided in 1897 to establish a Jewish state in Palestine, the Jews of Vienna despatched a delegation to examine the country for its suitability. The delegation reported back as follows: "the bride is beautiful but she is married to another man". They had found that Palestine to their dismay was already inhabited by another people. And this has been Zionism’s central problem ever since. How to "vanish the Palestinians" and get an empty land? The latest manifestation of this imperative is the barrier wall, which Israel is currently building to separate and enclose Palestinian towns and villages in the lands it occupied after 1967. There are those who rightly point to the wall’s illegality and infringement of human rights. And the International Court of Justice has just affirmed this view resoundingly in its ruling, passed on 9.7.04 by 14 of the 15 judges, that the wall was an illegal structure when in the occupied Palestinian territories and that Israel would have to tear it down and make restitution for the damage it has caused to thousands of Palestinians. This position is entirely valid, but critics, in my view, have missed one crucial aspect of the wall’s purpose, which is, to "vanish" the Palestinians, to make them so invisible that Israelis can go on pretending that there is no "other man".

Much More: Vanishing the Palestinians: CounterPunch Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Palestinians don't have much hope as long as Israel is ruled by bullies and hardliners.

Vanishing the Palestinians

When the Zionists decided in 1897 to establish a Jewish state in Palestine, the Jews of Vienna despatched a delegation to examine the country for its suitability. The delegation reported back as follows: "the bride is beautiful but she is married to another man". They had found that Palestine to their dismay was already inhabited by another people. And this has been Zionism’s central problem ever since. How to "vanish the Palestinians" and get an empty land? The latest manifestation of this imperative is the barrier wall, which Israel is currently building to separate and enclose Palestinian towns and villages in the lands it occupied after 1967. There are those who rightly point to the wall’s illegality and infringement of human rights. And the International Court of Justice has just affirmed this view resoundingly in its ruling, passed on 9.7.04 by 14 of the 15 judges, that the wall was an illegal structure when in the occupied Palestinian territories and that Israel would have to tear it down and make restitution for the damage it has caused to thousands of Palestinians. This position is entirely valid, but critics, in my view, have missed one crucial aspect of the wall’s purpose, which is, to "vanish" the Palestinians, to make them so invisible that Israelis can go on pretending that there is no "other man".

Much More: Vanishing the Palestinians: CounterPunch Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Palestinians don't have much hope as long as Israel is ruled by bullies and hardliners.
Let me get this straight. If the US Congress passed a law saying that we should build a wall around, let's say, Detroit, he International Court of Justice could rule that we would have to tear it down and pay restitution?
The ICJ is an impotent gas bag with no jurisdiction in this dispute. What you call "occupied territory" is entirely withing Israeli borders.

Actually none of the Politicians mention attended the paris memorial march, they had a "photo opportunity" taken on a side street
B7GYMdBCEAEI-Xo.jpg

surrounded by bodyguards and Police, and then fucked off for lunch

plus ça change plus la meme chose

Last edited:
Actually none of the Politicians mention attended the paris memorial march, they had a "photo opportunity" taken on a side street
B7GYMdBCEAEI-Xo.jpg

surrounded by bodyguards and Police, and then fucked off for lunch

plus ça change plus la meme chose
And there you go. A fucking photo-op for pols, but hey, Obama should have been there right kids?

w-netanyahuhollandemarch-11015.jpg

French President Francois Hollande asked Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu not to come to Paris for the march against terror on Sunday, but the Israel premier decided to attend anyway after hearing that political rivals were going to be there, according to an Israeli source who was involved in the contacts between the Elysees Palace and the Prime Minister’s Office in Jerusalem. The fact that this message had been conveyed was first reported by Channel 2.

After the French government began to send invitations to world leaders to participate in the rally against terror, Hollande’s national security adviser, Jacques Audibert, contacted his Israeli counterpart, Yossi Cohen, and said that Hollande would prefer that Netanyahu not attend, the source said.

More: Why Benjamin Netanyahu Attended Paris Anti-Terror March Over France's Objections - Forward.com

Aside from further inflaming the situation, that strikes me as supreme arrogance after being asked not to attend.

The rudeness is from France, not Netanyahu It was important for him to be there for his people, and it was an insult to his status, respected leader or not, that all other state's PMs were to attend, appart from him, who actually represents the victims.

The arrogance is from the French government, not him

Forum List

Back