Hollande asked Netanyahu not to attend Paris memorial march

It sounds like an impressive turn out - unbelievable with 40 world leaders from around the world and
Yes, sort of - he represents Israel. Saying he represents Jewish people is like saying France can not represent french Jews. It's kind of sticky in my opinion. Also, I understand not wanting someone there (both Abbas and Netanyahu) who might bring other issues into it and fracture what should be an attempt at unity against terrorism. I'm not saying it's right or wrong - but I understand the reasoning.

so why is it appropriate for abu mazen to be there? whom does he represent? muslims from Algeria?

He was NOT originally invited. He was only invited after Netanyahu insisted on coming (it's in the original article).

Is Abbas linked to terrorism? If not then there is no reason why he should have not been invited.

You're kidding, right?

Abbas is Fatah. They're responsible for too many to count terror attacks

He's a head of state. To invite one and not the other is a slap in the face.

Netanyahu hardly has clean hands.

Isn't "inviting one but not inviting others" is what the French government tried to pull on ours? You realize you make my point for me, here.

Never said Netanyahu is clean. I think he's an arrogant asshole, but the humiliation towards him in his case, is a humiliation on each of the world's Jew. By not inviting the PM of the Jewish state, they basically said they're not important enough to invite, while masters of fascist states DO attend, while being Fascist.

I mean, REALLY? did you see who was there? Saudi represents support for liberty all of a sudden? Can women drive there, yet? TURKEY standing for freedom? same state that jails and haunts reporters who dare challenging the leadership? THOSE thugs can be there, but not our prime minister??? really?!

That's just pure insulting to our people, period. And it would have been under any case, had it been ANY political figure representing Israel.

w-netanyahuhollandemarch-11015.jpg

French President Francois Hollande asked Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu not to come to Paris for the march against terror on Sunday, but the Israel premier decided to attend anyway after hearing that political rivals were going to be there, according to an Israeli source who was involved in the contacts between the Elysees Palace and the Prime Minister’s Office in Jerusalem. The fact that this message had been conveyed was first reported by Channel 2.

After the French government began to send invitations to world leaders to participate in the rally against terror, Hollande’s national security adviser, Jacques Audibert, contacted his Israeli counterpart, Yossi Cohen, and said that Hollande would prefer that Netanyahu not attend, the source said.

More: Why Benjamin Netanyahu Attended Paris Anti-Terror March Over France's Objections - Forward.com

Aside from further inflaming the situation, that strikes me as supreme arrogance after being asked not to attend.

The rudeness is from France, not Netanyahu It was important for him to be there for his people, and it was an insult to his status, respected leader or not, that all other state's PMs were to attend, appart from him, who actually represents the victims.

The arrogance is from the French government, not him

What do you expect from a wimp like Hollande? Who has to sneak off on his motor scooter to visit mistress number 2.

so why is it appropriate for abu mazen to be there? whom does he represent? muslims from Algeria?

He was NOT originally invited. He was only invited after Netanyahu insisted on coming (it's in the original article).

Is Abbas linked to terrorism? If not then there is no reason why he should have not been invited.

You're kidding, right?

He's a head of state. To invite one and not the other is a slap in the face.

Netanyahu hardly has clean hands.

Isn't "inviting one but not inviting others" is what the French government tried to pull on ours? You realize you make my point for me, here.

The only one who was not initially invited was Abbas. How is that making your point?

Never said Netanyahu is clean. I think he's an arrogant asshole, but the humiliation towards him in his case, is a humiliation on each of the world's Jew. By not inviting the PM of the Jewish state, they basically said they're not important enough to invite, while masters of fascist states DO attend, while being Fascist.

What fascist states?

I mean, REALLY? did you see who was there? Saudi represents support for liberty all of a sudden? Can women drive there, yet? TURKEY standing for freedom? same state that jails and haunts reporters who dare challenging the leadership? THOSE thugs can be there, but not our prime minister??? really?!

That's just pure insulting to our people, period. And it would have been under any case, had it been ANY political figure representing Israel.

Good point. But then why should Abbas NOT be invited?

I see the point for the Saudi's being there - they are instrumental in promoting a more radical Islamic ideology, they are going to need to be instrumental in putting the reins on it.

Didn't say he shouldn't be there. I just said that in case it was this or that, it should have been Abbas to stay home.

Netanyahu was not invited, I don't know about Abbas, It's possible that Abbas was invited only after Netanyahu insisted on appearing. Which is also kind of insulting towards Abbas (not that I very much care about him at the moment, but just for general knowledge). Basically Hollande says, "Netanyahu, stay home." and Netanyahu says, "Say wut? 4 Jews were killed, I speak for the entire Jewish population, I should be there." Then Hollande goes- "Stay home, there's security problem, no one likes you anyway, and we don't need problem with the Palestinians," and Netanyahu says, "Who cares about security, I pay for it all, and I don't care what the Arabs say." And Hollande says- "Ya know what? if you're coming, then Abbas comes, too!"

Seriously? what, the dude is like, 5 years old?? He THREATENS now with this? he invites Abbas just to piss Bibi off? I mean, SERIOUSLY? wow, what a bunch of little kids rule France. no wonder terror makes fun of them.

If I were in Abbas' place, I would have been quiet pissed that they use me this way, too.

btw---just as there are few jewish alcoholics---same is true of Italians------those kids get to TOUCH wine too.

I have worked with a few Italians in past and gone out with them for dinner, drinks, etc. Those folks drank a lot.

but not to inebriation------you need to meet Irish people ----besides------what does-----uhm a person of your background know about -------DRINKING ------face facts-----uhm ---BHANG LASSI yes----but alcohol?

Lassi is just a yogurt beverage. I love it and it is good for your stomach. Bhang is a weird drink that I could never handle. I have only drank it few times in my life and it always gave me intense headache.

I do not drink alcohol much either. In my youthful days I used to drink somewhat on weekends. But not now.

see??? I told you-----good you stay away from the "BHANG" it's not good for you

I think they put cannabis in bhaang.

Alcohol gave me stomach problem. So I have to stay from it as much as I can.

It sounds like an impressive turn out - unbelievable with 40 world leaders from around the world and
I think asking Netanyahu to not attend the March was a bit harsh towards Jewish people. You have to realize that Netanyahu represents Jewish folks whether he himself is likable or not.

Yes, sort of - he represents Israel. Saying he represents Jewish people is like saying France can not represent french Jews. It's kind of sticky in my opinion. Also, I understand not wanting someone there (both Abbas and Netanyahu) who might bring other issues into it and fracture what should be an attempt at unity against terrorism. I'm not saying it's right or wrong - but I understand the reasoning.

You're kidding, right?

I am little rusty at the moment about Palestinian issues especially concerning Abbas. I was not aware that he had terror ties. Either way, since Palestinians have no quarrel with France, I doubt France will be anything but neutral towards Palestinians and Israelis even if Palestinians engage in terrorism against Israel. It is not right but that is the way world is - particularly Europe; they like to play one against another in non European theaters.

Didn't say he shouldn't be there. I just said that in case it was this or that, it should have been Abbas to stay home.

Netanyahu was not invited, I don't know about Abbas, It's possible that Abbas was invited only after Netanyahu insisted on appearing. Which is also kind of insulting towards Abbas (not that I very much care about him at the moment, but just for general knowledge). Basically Hollande says, "Netanyahu, stay home." and Netanyahu says, "Say wut? 4 Jews were killed, I speak for the entire Jewish population, I should be there." Then Hollande goes- "Stay home, there's security problem, no one likes you anyway, and we don't need problem with the Palestinians," and Netanyahu says, "Who cares about security, I pay for it all, and I don't care what the Arabs say." And Hollande says- "Ya know what? if you're coming, then Abbas comes, too!"

Seriously? what, the dude is like, 5 years old?? He THREATENS now with this? he invites Abbas just to piss Bibi off? I mean, SERIOUSLY? wow, what a bunch of little kids rule France. no wonder terror makes fun of them.

If I were in Abbas' place, I would have been quiet pissed that they use me this way, too.

That's exactly what the article said. Neither was initially invited I guess. I doubt he invited Abbas to piss Bibi off, but to equalize things.

Forum List

Back