Hobo Shoestring

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
So this guy is making money as a hobo, he knows everything about types of trains and their schedules, he has been riding them for 33 years. And he has an online store selling his swag, and he has people sending him money. This is the kind of person who can survive a SHTF scenario.

So this guy is making money as a hobo, he knows everything about types of trains and their schedules, he has been riding them for 33 years. And he has an online store selling his swag, and he has people sending him money. This is the kind of person who can survive a SHTF scenario.

If the Shit really hits the fan his knowledge is useless.

I'm guessing if the stuff really does it the proverbial fan ... there won't be any trains to ride so that skillset will be as useless as the ability to program a VCR.
Your imagination is lacking, and you wrongly assumed I was talking about trains. Forgaing, camping, carrying the essentials, sleeping on the ground, in the elements. Maybe try watching some of his videos.

Last edited:
Your imagination is lacking, and you wrongly assumed I was talking about trains. Forgaing, camping, carrying the essentials, sleeping on the ground, in the elements. Maybe try watching some of his videos.

There'a a lot of people in the south that know how to do those things.
As kids we went out in the woods without much more than a couple cans of beans and made it through a 3 day weekend.
We'd run trap lines,trotlines,Yo Yo's and many other ways to get protein.

As kids we went out in the woods without much more than a couple cans of beans and made it through a 3 day weekend.
I shot rabbits, mostly.

It's great to do that over a weekend, but after a couple of days you can't wait to get home. It's different for people who can thrive for weeks at a time outdoors and are seasoned to live in the elements. Most people in this country are not prepared to live that way.

It's great to do that over a weekend, but after a couple of days you can't wait to get home. It's different for people who can thrive for weeks at a time outdoors and are seasoned to live in the elements. Most people in this country are not prepared to live that way.

Thats not the issue.
It's can you survive over a long period of time in the woods.
I know I can and I know it's gonna suck.

Forum List

Back