Hobby Lobby Raises Minimum Wage to $14 for Full-Time Employees

If a company can't make money paying 10 bucks an hour, then it should go out of business and leave it to the companies who can.

So if a business owner is making 75K off of his/her business of 3 employees...and raising the minimum wage on his 3 employees $2 an hour or $240 a week which, when you add in 15% for the cost of payroll is 275 a week, with the annual addition of expenses being over 14,000 a year...

He/ she will lose about 20% of his or her income.

So that person who was making 75K a year WHILE employing 3 people should shut his or her business?

Wow. You really are clueless about what makes up the majority of our small business owners.

Hint....most don't make 100 Million a year..

I have no problem with that. Three people generating 75,000 a year for their employer because they're working at minimum wage sounds a bit exploitative to me.

Seeing as they can leave that job anytime they want, and therefore there by choice, I don't see how it is exploitive.

Your way of thinking is...well.....kind of immature.

The left wants every business run by the federal government.

Actually, it seems the left wants the business owner to come up with the idea, invest the money, get it going for 2 or 3 years before it starts to grow, and then share the rewards with the employees. And if the company fails, the employees have no reason to share the losses.

That does it..No more Hobby Lobby for me! I refuse to shop at a place that incorporates high wages but refuses to provide a morning after pill.

Let's see how much of their staff has been or will be reduced to part time, as Sallow mentions. That's the key that you silly pinheads overlook in the very first paragraph.

Most large corporations both public and privately held have reduced many of their employees to part time in order to duck the ACA laws.

And why shouldn't they?

If they can achieve success by doing so, then they should.

Why isnt the title of this Hobby Lobby pays people more than they are worth?

Or "Hobby Lobby creates living wage for peple who clearly dont deserve it"

or "Hobby Lobby overpays lazy people rewarding them for not making themselves marketable"

Hobby Lobby can do what it sees fit. its when government forces businesses to pay more than an employee is worth that there is a problem.

And at $9.50 an hour part time, and $14 an hour full time to start, Hobby Lobby probably gets a better quality of employee.
Ya, for $14/hour you can get someone who went clean through the 8th grade!

Wow. Good news for Hobby Lobby employees! I'm glad their employer is making so much money off those multicolored coat hangers they buy from Chinese sweat shops made by five years olds. Their Christian asses should be soooo proud!

And likely from some state owned companies in China where the state still practices forced abortions.

Is it not excruciatingly incomprehensible that Hobby Lobby's owners can profess so much righteous outrage over the idea of a woman using an IUD and on the other hand be willing to make a buck dealing with a regime like China's?

It's such a basic example of hypocrisy...

...and what did the Bible say about hypocrisy?

How sad. You have just proven to us something we always knew about you.

You continue to criticize an ideology without having taken any time to understand it.

One does not need to agree with it to understand it.....one just needs to have the ability to reason.

But you just don't understand it...as is evident by your pathetic post.

or "Hobby Lobby overpays lazy people rewarding them for not making themselves marketable"

Someone here said you could use trained monkeys to work a McDonald's. How much harder is working at Hobby Lobby?

A lot harder...about double harder. But now I fear that prices at Hobby Lobby will go thru the roof since "the employers pass the cost onto the consumer". Oh dear lord how will anyone afford another nickle in costs?

"And at $9.50 an hour part time, and $14 an hour full time to start, Hobby Lobby probably gets a better quality of employee"

This is a guarantee. It is so simple. Less pay = lower quality... higher pay = higher quality. A lower wage means one need not be as productive as someone with a higher wage. Can't have it both ways. It doesn't work that way.

The leftists are unhinged. They simply can't imagine a private company deciding to raise wages without being compelled by government.

:rofl:

you mean like the burger joint in Seattle they all pointed too about a month ago?
Insults work better when they are grounded in actual facts.

Someone here said you could use trained monkeys to work a McDonald's. How much harder is working at Hobby Lobby?

A lot harder...about double harder. But now I fear that prices at Hobby Lobby will go thru the roof since "the employers pass the cost onto the consumer". Oh dear lord how will anyone afford another nickle in costs?

You have it backwards. HL is raising pay because they already have the ability to do so, not because they didn't and were forced to so a liberal can feel good about himself.

It's awesome that they have the freedom to do it for whatever reason they wish to. That's true freedom of choice. They can decide to do it and don't have to justify their action to anyone.

Your idiocy is boring. Do you wish to deny that there has been a constant conservative drumbeat that such increases in wages would INEVITABLY lead to layoffs and inflation?
Read carefully, for in this post I will illustrate your utter dumbassery.

Hobby Lobby raised their wages because their business model allowed them to. They could afford to absorb and pass on the costs, which their customers were willing to cover.

Forcing EVERY company to raise wages would indeed be disaster, because not every company could absorb and pass on the cost. Some would cut employees to reduce the increased overhead; some would have no choice but to close their doors.

Do you get it now, or are you going to continue being stupid and acting superior?

Do you have any objection to companies paying a dollar an hour, if they can find people willing to work for that?

Of course. My brother in law apprenticed himself to a cabinet maker for several years at little to no pay at all in order to learn the business. He's now one of the top businessmen in his state. He was willing to sacrifice in order to better his lot. Why make that impossible?

You have it backwards. HL is raising pay because they already have the ability to do so, not because they didn't and were forced to so a liberal can feel good about himself.

OH good, Its a good thing they just got the ability to do so this week. Sales must've been shit last week.

Isnt that how it works? :lol:

OH good, Its a good thing they just got the ability to do so this week. Sales must've been shit last week.

You sir, are a complete idiot.

HL has the juices flowing at the trailer parks don't they

Seriously, now you attack all people living in trailers because you think they are all conservatives. Typical. Or maybe you're just jealous because you don't work at Hobby Lobby and can't afford that double wide.

Last edited:

Because last week they didnt make enough or they would've raised wages then. Either that or they were pocketing the money and their ability was already there but the ability didnt match the greed.

Because last week they didnt make enough or they would've raised wages then. Either that or they were pocketing the money and their ability was already there but the ability didnt match the greed.

Or maybe they looked at their books, did their due diligence and came to a reasoned decision.
Your understanding of economics is quite possibly the lowest on this board.

Interesting, when not forced by a government agency to raise their wages, to $14 an hour the left gets upset and attacks the company.

If forced by the government to raise wages to $10 an hour, the left is all for it.

So I'm not sure what the left wants.

Anyone with half a brain knows what this was all about.

Hobby Lobby was well aware of how the left reacts when a decision is made against them.

Hate, vitriol, boycotts, petitions, protests, etc...

I mean...Jeez...have you seen facebook this week? It is pathetic.

Anyway....they needed to do something to offset the unwarranted attack on their business, family and ideology.

Forum List

Back