Hobby Lobby Raises Minimum Wage to $14 for Full-Time Employees

tumblr_m7stmewcnw1r64mmp.gif

Average abortion costs $350 at a clinic, $900 at Dr. office -- so a week to a week and half's salary to cover the cost of an unwanted pregnancy.

Walgreens sells Plan-B for $49.99 - or 4 hours working at Hobby Lobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RQ3H2tnxfw
Thank you for illustrating that Plan B is so affordable, anyone can buy it. No need to have it provided by insurance. :eusa_clap:

Yes because having to work a week to a week and a half just to get it, not factoring in all other bills one might have, means it's affordable.

I guess that Porsche is affordable to me...if I work 6 months and not pay any of my bills.

The Plan B pill is not suppose to be used very often and used rarely. It is used in an emergency.
The Birth Control pill is used every day. That's covered under Hobby Lobby.

Wait... I thought raised salaries means that the store will have to raise it's prices.

Isn't that what you guys say will happen if McDonald's has to pay it's workers more? $20 Big Macs, and so on?

Does this mean that Hobby Lobby will raise the prices on their shitty Chinese merchandise?

The family is making a mint off of Michael's, Joanne's and local business cheap imitations; if you want Made in China flags, and flimsy Christmas decorations, Junk Warehouse is the place to go. Sam's is cheaper, but quality means little next to religious music and HARD SELL.

WalMart has an actual garden department for those who dare try genuine flowers, and "wood" made from trees, Junk Warehouse has a good ad gimmick, everything is 50% off every other week, there are thousands born everyday, and JW to take them.

Are you baked?

From last year:

BY LEONARDO BLAIR , CP REPORTER
April 18, 2013|5:29 pm

Arts and crafts giant Hobby Lobby Stores Inc. announced on Monday that effective immediately, the minimum wage for its full-time hourly employees at its stores and affiliate Hemisphere was increased to $14. The hourly wage for part-time employees was also increased to $9.50.

In a report on Thursday, founder and CEO of the company David Green said the decision was simply an acknowledgement of the hard work and dedication of his employees.

"We are very fortunate to be able to increase hourly wages for our employees, because we know our company would not be successful without the great work they do each day in our stores across the nation," said Green.

"We know that if we reward our employees for their hard work, we will be rewarded in turn with their loyalty and dedication to their job and to our customers," he added.

Hobby lobby, one of America's largest privately owned companies headquartered in Oklahoma City, Okla., employs 22,000 workers in 525 stores nationwide. This is the fifth successive year the company has increased wages for hourly paid full-time workers and the fourth for those working part-time. In 2012, full-time workers were paid $13 per hour while part-time workers earned $9. Full-time employees at Hobby Lobby and its affiliate now earn nearly two times more than the national minimum wage set at $7.25 per hour.

"As a family-owned business, we want our employees to feel like they are part of a family," said Green. "This is one way we can show our appreciation for their work and make them feel like part of a team."​

Imagine that! A business owner did something to benefit his employees without being forced into it by the dogooder knowitalls in Gutmint. What's that about?

You sir, are a complete idiot.

Because last week they didnt make enough or they would've raised wages then. Either that or they were pocketing the money and their ability was already there but the ability didnt match the greed.

Or maybe they looked at their books, did their due diligence and came to a reasoned decision.
Your understanding of economics is quite possibly the lowest on this board.

I expect July 1 was the beginning of a quarter, or even their next fiscal year.

Last edited:
OH good, Its a good thing they just got the ability to do so this week. Sales must've been shit last week.

Isnt that how it works? :lol:

You sir, are a complete idiot.

Because last week they didnt make enough or they would've raised wages then. Either that or they were pocketing the money and their ability was already there but the ability didnt match the greed.

They raised their wages in April of 2013. Last year.

Wow. Good news for Hobby Lobby employees! I'm glad their employer is making so much money off those multicolored coat hangers they buy from Chinese sweat shops made by five years olds. Their Christian asses should be soooo proud!

You sound bitter. Why do you hate their employees so much that you begrudge them this good news?

This is bitter?

Good news for Hobby Lobby employees!

Anyone with half a brain knows what this was all about.

Hobby Lobby was well aware of how the left reacts when a decision is made against them.

Also Known as "The Market". Continue..

Hate, vitriol, boycotts, petitions, protests, etc...

I mean...Jeez...have you seen facebook this week? It is pathetic.

Anyway....they needed to do something to offset the unwarranted attack on their business, family and ideology.

Oh dear, you're right. When someone makes a decision everyone either supports it or they are haters right?
No. Haters are haters. Or do you think saying that HL should be burned down is a rational viewpoint, calmly arrived at?
What happens on FB doesnt matter remember? Remember when Michelle did the hashtag and you said it does nothing? Now you are blaming social media for Hobby Lobby paying more money?

which is it? Social Media works but it doesnt? Wheres any boycott? Petition? :badgrin: Shut up stupid

Boycotting Hobby Lobby (Update x3)

Hobby Lobby Hobbyists Lobby To Pursue Hobbies Elsewhere

https://www.facebook.com/HobbyLobbyBoycott

http://www.change.org/petitions/hobby-lobby-boycott-hobby-lobby

UltraViolet | Hobby Lobby: Drop your suit or I'm dropping your store

Perhaps YOU should shut up, stupid.

tumblr_m7stmewcnw1r64mmp.gif

Average abortion costs $350 at a clinic, $900 at Dr. office -- so a week to a week and half's salary to cover the cost of an unwanted pregnancy.

Walgreens sells Plan-B for $49.99 - or 4 hours working at Hobby Lobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RQ3H2tnxfw
Thank you for illustrating that Plan B is so affordable, anyone can buy it. No need to have it provided by insurance. :eusa_clap:

Yes because having to work a week to a week and a half just to get it, not factoring in all other bills one might have, means it's affordable.

I guess that Porsche is affordable to me...if I work 6 months and not pay any of my bills.
If the Porsche only cost you four hours' labor -- it IS affordable.

Dumbass.

From last year:

BY LEONARDO BLAIR , CP REPORTER
April 18, 2013|5:29 pm

Arts and crafts giant Hobby Lobby Stores Inc. announced on Monday that effective immediately, the minimum wage for its full-time hourly employees at its stores and affiliate Hemisphere was increased to $14. The hourly wage for part-time employees was also increased to $9.50.

In a report on Thursday, founder and CEO of the company David Green said the decision was simply an acknowledgement of the hard work and dedication of his employees.

"We are very fortunate to be able to increase hourly wages for our employees, because we know our company would not be successful without the great work they do each day in our stores across the nation," said Green.

"We know that if we reward our employees for their hard work, we will be rewarded in turn with their loyalty and dedication to their job and to our customers," he added.

Hobby lobby, one of America's largest privately owned companies headquartered in Oklahoma City, Okla., employs 22,000 workers in 525 stores nationwide. This is the fifth successive year the company has increased wages for hourly paid full-time workers and the fourth for those working part-time. In 2012, full-time workers were paid $13 per hour while part-time workers earned $9. Full-time employees at Hobby Lobby and its affiliate now earn nearly two times more than the national minimum wage set at $7.25 per hour.

"As a family-owned business, we want our employees to feel like they are part of a family," said Green. "This is one way we can show our appreciation for their work and make them feel like part of a team."​

Imagine that! A business owner did something to benefit his employees without being forced into it by the dogooder knowitalls in Gutmint. What's that about?
And it's completely pissing off the leftists here.

My goodness, you morons sure do seem proud of the fact that you haven't read the decision.

Does their insurance pay for boner pills? One word answer to this. Yes or No.

Does it matter? No.. because it is their choice.. I don't care if they offer insurance that covers hair plugs and not birth control.. their voluntary benefit to employees is their choice
But it's not really 'just a benefit' Dave, it's actually a substitute for salary, by LAW/code, and the employer expense on health care insurance for employees gets the same tax deduction assignment, as if it is the employee's salary....their compensation.

At the bequest of businesses, Congress passed a law in the early 1900's, when their was a freeze on salary increases, to allow businesses pay for healthcare insurance in lieu of wage increases for employees and get the same tax privileges as if it was wages....

And Congress obliged and wrote it in to the tax code regarding employee salaries, to include the employer purchase of health care insurance for their employees as employee compensation.

The law/code has existed ever since...

so, it is actually part of the employee's salary/compensation....once the owner has decided to provide it and pay for it, in the name of each employee, and TAKE THE TAX DEDUCTION for it as compensation for the employee, then there is a strong argument that can be made that it is the employee's choice to handle and choose what they may or may not want to use this insurance policy for....

plus the employee always pays a portion of these policies out of their own pocket....you'd think they should have some say? unless the employer is paying the whole thing and the employee has to pay nothing at all for it out of pocket each month, maybe....though the policy is employee compensation...I dunno????

They employees dont have no say they choose to sign on to the employer health insurance or buy their own

Forum List

Back