daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
From last year:

Hobby Lobby Raises Minimum Wage to $14 for Full-Time Employees
BY LEONARDO BLAIR , CP REPORTER
April 18, 2013|5:29 pm

Arts and crafts giant Hobby Lobby Stores Inc. announced on Monday that effective immediately, the minimum wage for its full-time hourly employees at its stores and affiliate Hemisphere was increased to $14. The hourly wage for part-time employees was also increased to $9.50.

In a report on Thursday, founder and CEO of the company David Green said the decision was simply an acknowledgement of the hard work and dedication of his employees.

"We are very fortunate to be able to increase hourly wages for our employees, because we know our company would not be successful without the great work they do each day in our stores across the nation," said Green.

"We know that if we reward our employees for their hard work, we will be rewarded in turn with their loyalty and dedication to their job and to our customers," he added.

Hobby lobby, one of America's largest privately owned companies headquartered in Oklahoma City, Okla., employs 22,000 workers in 525 stores nationwide. This is the fifth successive year the company has increased wages for hourly paid full-time workers and the fourth for those working part-time. In 2012, full-time workers were paid $13 per hour while part-time workers earned $9. Full-time employees at Hobby Lobby and its affiliate now earn nearly two times more than the national minimum wage set at $7.25 per hour.

"As a family-owned business, we want our employees to feel like they are part of a family," said Green. "This is one way we can show our appreciation for their work and make them feel like part of a team."​

From last year:

Hobby Lobby Raises Minimum Wage to $14 for Full-Time Employees
BY LEONARDO BLAIR , CP REPORTER
April 18, 2013|5:29 pm

Arts and crafts giant Hobby Lobby Stores Inc. announced on Monday that effective immediately, the minimum wage for its full-time hourly employees at its stores and affiliate Hemisphere was increased to $14. The hourly wage for part-time employees was also increased to $9.50.

In a report on Thursday, founder and CEO of the company David Green said the decision was simply an acknowledgement of the hard work and dedication of his employees.

"We are very fortunate to be able to increase hourly wages for our employees, because we know our company would not be successful without the great work they do each day in our stores across the nation," said Green.

"We know that if we reward our employees for their hard work, we will be rewarded in turn with their loyalty and dedication to their job and to our customers," he added.

Hobby lobby, one of America's largest privately owned companies headquartered in Oklahoma City, Okla., employs 22,000 workers in 525 stores nationwide. This is the fifth successive year the company has increased wages for hourly paid full-time workers and the fourth for those working part-time. In 2012, full-time workers were paid $13 per hour while part-time workers earned $9. Full-time employees at Hobby Lobby and its affiliate now earn nearly two times more than the national minimum wage set at $7.25 per hour.

"As a family-owned business, we want our employees to feel like they are part of a family," said Green. "This is one way we can show our appreciation for their work and make them feel like part of a team."​

More power to private enterprise! If the company thinks it is in their best interest so be it!
But please don't buy this across the board Federal one size fits all minimum wage of $10.80!
If a state wants or local then so be it!!! Each situation is different then a blanket one size fits all federal approach!
Hurrah for Hobby Lobby and any other business!

That EVIL heartless bastard of a Corporation pays DOUBLE the national average nearly, for an hourly wage?? NO WAY.. They are racist, homophobes, hate women, hate insurance, hate people, destroyer of all things free!!! This can't be right??!!!!

Last edited:
Clearly this is a war on women. They will have the freedom to take home that additional pay and spend it as they see fit.

Bastards!

What they have figured out is that if you pay more you will attract better employees who will produce more. Less pay = less productivity. More pay = more productivity. Its a fundamental of capitalism.

That does it..No more Hobby Lobby for me! I refuse to shop at a place that incorporates high wages but refuses to provide a morning after pill.

HL has the juices flowing at the trailer parks don't they

Once again, reality and progressive belief collide.

Once again, progressive belief is utterly destroyed by the impact.

Illustrated:

Last edited by a moderator:
When a company like Hobby Lobby treats their employees as well as they do for the life of me I cannot understand the absolutely deplorable over the top psycho posts and comments I've been reading today because the SCOTUS ruled in favor of the company.

The left wing whackos are out in full force over this ruling.

Last edited:
That does it..No more Hobby Lobby for me! I refuse to shop at a place that incorporates high wages but refuses to provide a morning after pill.

bet that'll show HL ... as if you've ever been inside a HL

I need to do some shopping this weekend. I will make it a point to do some additional shopping at Hobby Lobby.

bet that'll show HL ... as if you've ever been inside a HL

sarcasm-smiley1.jpg

Forum List

Back