Hmmm..Should I keep it?

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
I was minding my own business when my spouse gets home from work, gets out of the car and sets this...

DSC00816.jpg

on the ground. My very old dog is within weeks of no longer being with me and I had already told my family NOT to show up with a new dog so what does he do?

Kiss and love him. Cuddle and play with him. And see how you feel. I think your spouse know you better then you think. :)

She's adorable - and a gift.

I would keep her if I were you.

Caddy, for Cadeau.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Take it from me, the pet food giver to three cats and a dog: If you're thinking about names for this dog, you're keeping her. :)

I love those stumpy little legs. How cute is this dog???

Take your time in naming her. Get to know her personality. She is adorable and your husband knows your heart. What a guy.

name her 'love' that is what your man showed you.....he knows your in for a hard time when your older dog passes plus it such a compliment to your older dog.....that your family knows the void that will be in your heart....and brought this fur ball....so when you are mourning....she will nudge you with her nose.....you will suddenly find yourself pushing her off and then slowly petting her....then she will be comforting her mistress....

• Thanks
plus he will just tell you what i tell my man when he is bitching about the lastest kitten/puppy i have found/gotten/rescued/somehow come by....

i tell him....if you dont want it....wont let me have it...take it to the humane ...go on....drive it on over there....

works everytime.

plus he will just tell you what i tell my man when he is bitching about the lastest kitten/puppy i have found/gotten/rescued/somehow come by....

i tell him....if you dont want it....wont let me have it...take it to the humane ...go on....drive it on over there....

works everytime.

The ex wouldn't DARE tell me no. He knows better.
When we were packless, I hated coming home from work. All three were gone. Empty house. Empty heart. Cold. Dead place. Hated it.
So I marched my ass to the pound and got a puppy. Walked in, handed him the dog and said "this one is yours. I will not live without a pack". He took it and that was that.
Then he went to the swap meet to look for antiques and brought me mine. Then we both went out and got the last one. We already had the cat, who was in mourning due to the other 3 passing within 6 months of each other. No more dead house. No more cold. No more dread. I have my pack now. I will always have a pack.

• Thanks
vel, I think you're keeping her. From the photo she looks like a Sheltie, am I right? If so, you're in for some of the best cuddling and loving you've ever had from a dog. I had one growing up, and no dog I've ever had since has been able to replace Lad in my heart.

I had to give up my horse a couple months ago, and that nearly killed me, emotionally. When I move I'm going to have to leave my cat behind (with my roommates), and that's going to rip me apart inside again. So I understand the hole that these animals can leave in our hearts and our souls. Love that little fluffball with all your heart and it'll help ease the loss of your older friend when it comes.

• Thanks
Sorry to read that your old dog is fading, Vel.

What do to about that puppy?

Flip a coin. Call heads for keeping it

While the coin is in the air, then you'll KNOW what you hope the outcome of the toss it.

Ignore the outcome and do THAT.

Forum List

Back