Hmmm..Should I keep it?

Puppy update.. She's growing by leaps and bounds. Doing well with housebreaking and has a dominant streak about a mile wide. :) Not aggression, just really wants to run the "pack".

DSC00834.jpg

You could name her Lassie. I know, kind of obvious.

The best name you could give her? MINE! I want her! lol Everyone should have a dog . . . or two or three.

Vel, so sorry for your older dog but hoping this cutie brings your Great Pyrenees and your family friendship and comfort.

The best name you could give her? MINE! I want her! lol Everyone should have a dog . . . or two or three.

Vel, so sorry for your older dog but hoping this cutie brings your Great Pyrenees and your family friendship and comfort.

Thanks. We finally settled on Aubree. Now we just have to agree on the spelling. I like ee and he likes ey. And yes, we're having alot of fun with her. She and the Pyr are very different. The pyr was always placid and eager to please even as a puppy. This little girl has two speeds...wide open or comatose. :)

Thanks. We finally settled on Aubree. Now we just have to agree on the spelling. I like ee and he likes ey. And yes, we're having alot of fun with her. She and the Pyr are very different. The pyr was always placid and eager to please even as a puppy. This little girl has two speeds...wide open or comatose. :)

Your pup is a cutie. Glad you decided to keep her.

When I got my latest pup I named her Abbey. Had to decide on ie or ey. Went for the ey.

Good luck with your decision.

I was minding my own business when my spouse gets home from work, gets out of the car and sets this...

DSC00816.jpg

on the ground. My very old dog is within weeks of no longer being with me and I had already told my family NOT to show up with a new dog so what does he do?
mans best friend:eusa_angel:

What do you expect any of us to say? " PUT THE PUPPY DOWN?!"

Of course you keep it.

Thanks. I think she's beautiful too. She's a good girl but still as headstrong as they come. I'm glad she's finally old enough for a formal obedience class. :)

Thanks. I think she's beautiful too. She's a good girl but still as headstrong as they come. I'm glad she's finally old enough for a formal obedience class. :)

I have a very headstrong dog, and I think it's because she is so intelligent. : ) I took her to almost a year of classes when I got her...Puppy Class, Advanced Puppy, Puppy Agility, Begininning Obedience, Advanced Obedience, Beginning Agility...

She was a challenge. In Puppy Class, all the other puppies ran through the agility tunnel, but not my girl. She wouldn't do it, prompting me to order online and spend a bunch of money getting practice agility equipment, including a tunnel. You know, so I could give her the "extra effort" she "apparently" required? Well, before the practice tunnel ever arrived the instructor had some baked chicken one day...Greta really liked it. So to get the chicken she started blazing through the agility tunnel like a freaking bullet. LOL She was capable all along. She just needed the right motivation.

And that's how she was throughout her training. You'd think she wasn't getting it. For example, she wouldn't sit stay, she'd start breaking when they'd do stuff to distract the dogs. But one day there was a contest...who would remain in a sit stay the longest. Much to my astonishment, we won. I think she sensed that I really, really wanted her to stay. And she did!!!

When she got a little older, by about two years old, she was very obedient and responsive to commands. She just had to grow up a bit.

Anyway, the point of my long-winded comment, is never underestimate a headstrong dog. They may be some of the smartest ones in the end. : )

P.S. Your dog is very beautiful!

Last edited:
Yeah puppies are cute and all.....but you know what comes with puppies....PUPPY POOP!
And I'm not the type of person who enjoys cleaning it up....so I go without a puppy, and I do just fine :)

I have a very headstrong dog, and I think it's because she is so intelligent. : ) I took her to almost a year of classes when I got her...Puppy Class, Advanced Puppy, Puppy Agility, Begininning Obedience, Advanced Obedience, Beginning Agility...

She was a challenge. In Puppy Class, all the other puppies ran through the agility tunnel, but not my girl. She wouldn't do it, prompting me to order online and spend a bunch of money getting practice agility equipment, including a tunnel. You know, so I could give her the "extra effort" she "apparently" required? Well, before the practice tunnel ever arrived the instructor had some baked chicken one day...Greta really liked it. So to get the chicken she started blazing through the agility tunnel like a freaking bullet. LOL She was capable all along. She just needed the right motivation.

And that's how she was throughout her training. You'd think she wasn't getting it. For example, she wouldn't sit stay, she'd start breaking when they'd do stuff to distract the dogs. But one day there was a contest...who would remain in a sit stay the longest. Much to my astonishment, we won. I think she sensed that I really, really wanted her to stay. And she did!!!

When she got a little older, by about two years old, she was very obedient and responsive to commands. She just had to grow up a bit.

Anyway, the point of my long-winded comment, is never underestimate a headstrong dog. They may be some of the smartest ones in the end. : )

P.S. Your dog is very beautiful!

It sounds as if you and your dog have a great relationship. I really enjoy training and hope that my puppy will enjoy it too. She's already very good with basic commands, but we haven't spent much time on a leash yet. And so far, this puppy seems to be super smart. She's just very high spirited and truthfully, I wouldn't want it any other way. :)

Yeah puppies are cute and all.....but you know what comes with puppies....PUPPY POOP!
And I'm not the type of person who enjoys cleaning it up....so I go without a puppy, and I do just fine :)

Puppies DO bring puppy poop, but they also bring laughter, loyalty and love. Shit washes off, but laughter, loyalty and love stay forever. :)

i was minding my own business when my spouse gets home from work, gets out of the car and sets this...

dsc00816.jpg

on the ground. My very old dog is within weeks of no longer being with me and i had already told my family not to show up with a new dog so what does he do?
Give the dog a try, at least a week maybe more. Just don't expect the new dog to replace the old dog. If the dog is a stray, keep in doors as much as you can until he bonds.

i was minding my own business when my spouse gets home from work, gets out of the car and sets this...

dsc00816.jpg

on the ground. My very old dog is within weeks of no longer being with me and i had already told my family not to show up with a new dog so what does he do?
Give the dog a try, at least a week maybe more. Just don't expect the new dog to replace the old dog. If the dog is a stray, keep in doors as much as you can until he bonds.

Of course I kept her. I just updated this thread with a recent picture. She's been with me since April.

New Topics

Forum List

Back