Hmmm...I thought churches didn't have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this...

Serious question....

Who in their right mind would want to force someone who clearly despises them to officiate over what is supposed to be the highlight of their life?

It just smacks of sheer stupidity & selfishness
hey, if i had fought for a long time to gain a right and when i did bigots out there were still trying to prevent the exercise of that right I'd probably take a little pleasure in making them have a part in my celebration.
Ultimately that's what's behind every gay demand that service people participate in gay events. It isn't enough to have the wedding. It's all about getting others to violate their principles. It will last until those others figure out avoidance techniques.

Serious question....

Who in their right mind would want to force someone who clearly despises them to officiate over what is supposed to be the highlight of their life?

It just smacks of sheer stupidity & selfishness
hey, if i had fought for a long time to gain a right and when i did bigots out there were still trying to prevent the exercise of that right I'd probably take a little pleasure in making them have a part in my celebration.
Ultimately that's what's behind every gay demand that service people participate in gay events. It isn't enough to have the wedding. It's all about getting others to violate their principles. It will last until those others figure out avoidance techniques.
"Participate"? If you're a baker tasked with baking a wedding cake for a heterosexual wedding, aside from delivering and setting up said cake, what level of 'participation' are you expected to take? Is a wedding photographer expected to make a toast? Are florists expected to bring a gift? Do DJs have an expectation of dancing with the bride after slipping an envelope of cash to the best man?

Why would wedding vendors be expected to 'participate' in same sex weddings while vendors at heterosexual weddings are not? It's your world, give me some truth.

PA laws came into being in the 1960s. AAAAHHHH tyranny! :lol:
But only recently have been used to force homosexual acceptance onto business owners. Did the law change or did the political agenda change? The fact that you think starting a business is a privilege granted by the state is the root of the difference. We are not subjects of the state. At least not yet.

Yes the laws in SOME states also protect gays the same way blacks and Christians are protected in ALL 50. Get rid of all or quit sniveling because in some places they also protect gays.

Sounds good to me

Great, call your Congressman.

But only recently have been used to force homosexual acceptance onto business owners. Did the law change or did the political agenda change? The fact that you think starting a business is a privilege granted by the state is the root of the difference. We are not subjects of the state. At least not yet.

Yes the laws in SOME states also protect gays the same way blacks and Christians are protected in ALL 50. Get rid of all or quit sniveling because in some places they also protect gays.

Sounds good to me

Sure thing SeaBytch

Sounds good to me

Sure thing SeaBytch

Let me know what response you get from your representative.

This entire thread is a lie. No one threatened these two with jail. What a shining example of Christians these two attention whores are.

Sounds like another rightwing load of bullshit

Someone let me know what the REAL story is

The real story was covered, at length, in previous threads on this stupidity.

They are NOT "ministers", they're business men, running a for-profit business.

They broke the law. It has nothing at all to do with being "liberal" except that RWs are in favor of breaking equality laws.

If they did not charge for their services, then there is a violation of the government intruding on their religion.

Since they do charge, then they are subject to different laws.

The last thing is, that I would not go to a minister and ask them to preform a wedding for me, if his beliefs were not in align with mine. The homosexuals are being petty.
The wedding chapel charges for renting the premises. The minister does not charge for his services. A gratuity is suggested. Gays are going to lose this one.

Like most of the nonsense you post, this has no actual basis in reality.

The chapel is a for-profit business enterprise. It is not a "religious organization". They are not aligned with any specific religion or church, and offer civil as well as "religious" marriages.

The real story was covered, at length, in previous threads on this stupidity.

They are NOT "ministers", they're business men, running a for-profit business.

They broke the law. It has nothing at all to do with being "liberal" except that RWs are in favor of breaking equality laws.

The government doesn't get to decide who is a minister or not, that pesky first amendment again.

Whether or not he is a "minister" is entirely irrelevant and has nothing to do with the case.

I'm an ordained minister too. Does that mean I'm allowed to break the law?

Too late for denial. Our usual same sex fascists already have responded to a thread on this, and go with the usual "submit or be punished" line of logic.
no they didnt...

Yes, they did

Hmmm...I thought churches didn t have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this... Page 9 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
no they didnt....This isnt a church.....Deal with it...we have laws for a reason

Again, you are concentrating on the building, not the people, who are ordained ministers. And yes, their position is submit or be punished.

Do you enjoy being a lying hacky twat?
Their status is irrelevant. ..the store is a public store and thus subject to local and state laws like this...

Keep crying

They are running a business, not a religion.

Hence they fall under business law and must not discriminate.

I disagree. They're a church that performs weddings. I don't see how they must be forced to perform gay weddings, when it directly violates freedom of religion.

Not according to the City.

Additionally, city officials say the chapel is a for-profit business meaning the owners must comply with local non-discrimination ordinances.

In 2013, the city passed an ordinance prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation. That ordinance applied to housing, employment and “public accommodation” and exempted religious entities. But city attorney Warren Wilson said in May the Hitching Post would likely be required to follow the ordinance.

Idaho ministers face arrest jail for refusing to perform same-sex weddings - Spokane Conservative Examiner.com

If they were a religious entity they would have been exempted but since they are running a for profit business they have violated the law.

Just keep moving those goalposts you miserable fascist hack.

That all you have is spurious insults says volumes about the vacuousness of your mind.

I notice you did not deny being a fascist hack.

Doubling down on your vacuity?

And now we see the way they might go after churches...since churches charge fees...

Nope!

If it was registered as a church it would be exempt. But according to the city it is registered as a for profit business.

So if a Church loses its tax exempt status for political advocacy it has to perform gay marriages?

Non sequitur!

I.e, I made a good point and you have nothing to refute it with.

Only in what passes for the vacuum between your ears!

This isn't a church.

It's a wedding chapel which is a place of business.

If they're not willing to serve all of the public then they shouldn't be in business.

I support the law of Idaho and hope that these business people either start obeying the law or go to jail.
It's a business that performs a religious ceremony. You don't own the business, pay their taxes or lease/mortgage/overhead. The fags can go to a fag friendly chapel. Tyrants that want to deny one's religious freedoms need to go to jail.

It is a business that advertising performing a secular wedding ceremony. They are not a tax exempt church, get over it.

Again, what does tax exemption have to do with faith? Why is that a qualifier for being able to exercise your 1st amendment rights?
Tax exemption has to do with whether it is a church or a business. You know that, I know that....you just want to play dumb.

He isn't playing!

your opinion. case law and the courts don't support it.

I is so so sorry massah, them unelected lawyers say sumptin, and we gots to follow it.

So i guess Citizens United is a settled matter, after all the courts said so.

Baaaaa.
until the courts reverse the decision, or until the constitution is amended, yes, it's a settled matter.
i may disagree with it, but that doesn't change reality.

That makes you a quitter.
it makes me a resident of reality. try it some time.

Fuck off.

I guess having an opinion oppposite what a court says is something "bad" according to you. again. Fuck off.
Awww tissue? You lost..

Forum List

Back