Hitchhiker murdered for bad-mouthing military

“(Brooks) says that the victim called him a baby killer and he called him a murderer because of his service in Vietnam and was actually downgrading the military in general, which evidently really set off the defendant in a rage,“ Harris said.

Harris says after that argument Brooks drove the man to the overlook and shot him multiple times. According to Harris, Brooks confessed to everything.

An alternative to shooting him would have been to pull over and tell him to get out of the car.

But, the murderer will have the rest of his life to contemplate this.

“(Brooks) says that the victim called him a baby killer and he called him a murderer because of his service in Vietnam and was actually downgrading the military in general, which evidently really set off the defendant in a rage,“ Harris said.

Harris says after that argument Brooks drove the man to the overlook and shot him multiple times. According to Harris, Brooks confessed to everything.

An alternative to shooting him would have been to pull over and tell him to get out of the car.

But, the murderer will have the rest of his life to contemplate this.

Must of had a flashback.

I have never met a man I wanted to kill. (And I once sold shoes for a living.)

Even in the miltiary, not even a Marine!

Not in the wars I was in.

You may have to, but I really don't get wanting to kill a man.

Last edited:
I have never met a man I wanted to kill.

Even in the miltiary, not even a Marine!

Not in the wars I was in.

You may have to, and it is easy if you want to survive, but I really don't get wanting to kill a man.

It's called self-defense or survival.

I hate shooting animals...but some people....I remember when I would have done it without thinking about it.

Wanting and survival reflex are two different things.

I was in the First Gulf War, I watched the movie Jar Head, and all his angst about not killing anyone annoyed the shit out of me. I wanted to bitch slap him!

I thanked God I did not have to kill anyone in the First Gulf War.

THANK YOU, we win, I get out easy.

There is plenty of people I would like to kill but getting around their bodyguards and henchmen is another matter. Plus I dont like South American weather.

I was pretty chuffed no one killed me too.

Are you one of those guys that blames his screwed up life on the war or do you blame it on your own imperfections?

Mr. Mud Whistle my friend; I blame it all, every last bit of it, on my balls.

My testicles have caused every bit of pain, failure, grief, tragic misdirection, misery, failure, in my life.

If I did not love sex so much I would lop them off and become a Philosopher King.

But I can't do that.

I love ...love.

My balls gave me my son.

And I am eternal and grateful for that.

Last edited:
Anyone who voluntarily joins the military is a fool.Anyone who went by force is a bigger fool.
I say this from experience. I was a fool.
The "proud ones" are bigger fools.
That's retarded Army Doodz, Sarges, Gunnorheas and the rest of the flag waving idiots.

Anyone who voluntarily joins the military is a fool.Anyone who went by force is a bigger fool.
I say this from experience. I was a fool.
The "proud ones" are bigger fools.
That's retarded Army Doodz, Sarges, Gunnorheas and the rest of the flag waving idiots.

Thank goodness you moved out of the USA you freakazoid.

During the Progressive era, the time of WWI, this kind of thing was not that rare.

There were cases where folks were beaten and even shot for not standing during the national anthem, and for 'bad-mouthing military .'

“The Nation, on April 17, 1920, recounted how a clothing salesman received six months in jail for saying that Vladimir Lenin was smart.” "The Most Brainiest Man?" The Red Scare and Free Speech in Connecticut

Because the Oklahoma Council of Defense was an extralegal organization, numerous incidents of extreme measures occurred to eliminate dissent. Men were beaten with leather straps and tarred and feathered. OKLAHOMA COUNCIL OF DEFENSE

a man calls you a murderer so in defense to that statement you murder him....makes perfect since to me..have fun in prison smart guy

Don't know how quite to react. I sympathize with the outrage of a worthless hippie being intolerate and bitching about the US military. I truly hate their types.

However, bitching about he military and being a ungraceful shithead is no where close to warranting a death sentence.

Personally more justifiable punishment and a much better alternative, would have been stopping the car in the middle of no where and telling him to "get the fuck out of my car, you piece of shit and have a nice walk to town!"

But he didn't do that and he took it to the extremes and deserves a punishment for unjustifiable homicide.

Forum List

Back