History Quiz

No. If you all want, I'll say, but someone else needs to do the next question. I'm exhausted. LOL!
once I thought about it he wouldn't be older would he!

How about the first real war between Colonist and Native Americans, but one of the only ones where colonist had an alliance with native americans? And was an early battle of extermination?

Someone else ask the next, but the answer here was Confucius.

did i stutter? :lol:

once I thought about it he wouldn't be older would he!

How about the first real war between Colonist and Native Americans, but one of the only ones where colonist had an alliance with native americans? And was an early battle of extermination?

Someone else ask the next, but the answer here was Confucius.

did i stutter? :lol:

Dang, I missed that. Told you I was exhausted! :lol:

When people fall out of Windows its usually bad for them, but when people fall out of windows in a particular town things get nasty for everyone.

In which town did people falling out (or rather beeing thrown out) of windows lead to 2 prolonged, long, and really nasty wars?

When people fall out of Windows its usually bad for them, but when people fall out of windows in a particular town things get nasty for everyone.

In which town did people falling out (or rather beeing thrown out) of windows lead to 2 prolonged, long, and really nasty wars?

In September, 2000, in Ramallah, two Israeli reservists were murdered at a Palestinian police outpost, and one was thrown out a window and his body beaten and trampled upon by the crowd. Murders of Israelis were avenged by rockets and bombs hitting Palestinian offices and targets in Gaza and the West bank.

Speedy and political chick, both not what I meant, the incidients were a fair bit more notorious, the language of the city in question even got an idiom translated as "the windows get opened" for when the shit is going to hit the fan.

To make it easier/clearer, there were 2 seperate cases of people beeing thrown out of windows, leading to 2 seperate wars.

One of these wars had a catholic monarch fighting on behalf of Protestants.

Speedy and political chick, both not what I meant, the incidients were a fair bit more notorious, the language of the city in question even got an idiom translated as "the windows get opened" for when the shit is going to hit the fan.

To make it easier/clearer, there were 2 seperate cases of people beeing thrown out of windows, leading to 2 seperate wars.

One of these wars had a catholic monarch fighting on behalf of Protestants.

the hundred years war??
really have no clue!

or whatever the war was that was at the same time as the French and Indian war!
man I have killed a lot of brain cells!

30 Years war is one of the correct ones.
The 30 years war started when the Protestant citizens of Prague threw the Habsburg gouvernors out of the window and offered the crown of Bohemia to the elector count of the Palatinate.

The 30 years war was a drastic change for Germany, most of Germany got looted by Swedish, Danish, Kroatian or French soldiers (in theory, the Swedes, Danes and Frenchmen were the to protect them from the Austrians, which used Kroatian troops as Raiders, but it didnt turn out like that), Brandenburg, which was hit especially hard, may have developed its later Prussian Militarism as a response to beeing powerless and abused for 30 years.

The other war starting because (not only) Prague citizens threw someone out of the window was the Hussite war.
The Hussites were an early sect, attacking church corruption on grounds very similiar to the Protestants. When Jan Hus, the leader of the movement, was burned by the church despite his safety beeing guaranteed by the Holy Roman Emperor, the Hussites rose up, threw some gouvernors and bishops out of various windows and resisted all of catholic Europe by using their revolutionary Wagenburg tactics.

The Rhode Island answer is incorrect. It was actually 1791.

The answer to the Bismarck question is the Ems telegram.

Now I'll ask a question about US history.

How many different political parties have occupied the Presidency since its foundation?

Prague (aka Praha)

Historically these events are know as The Defenestrations of Prague.

The first defensetration resulted in first war of Protestant reformation, AKA the Hussite wars. (There's good reason to believe this was as much a class war as a religious war, but class and religion were closely intertweined in this case)

This war also created another religio-cidal outcome

Numbers are impossible to really establish, but some historians think that nearly three million Hussites (AKA Moravian brothers) were killed in Bohemia, Moravia Poland, and Germany to stamp out that developing Protestant religion.

The second defenestration was ALSO religiously divided war, but I suspect that was more of a nationalistic power struggle than a real religious war.

My family was involved (whether they wanted to be or not!) in both of them, would be my guess.

Here's an interesting historical footnote...

Sometimes, the name the third defenestration of Prague is used, although it has no standard meaning. For example, it has been used [3] to describe the death of Jan Masaryk, who was found below the bathroom window of the building of the Czechoslovak Ministry of Foreign Affairs on March 10, 1948, almost certainly[citation needed] murdered by Communists, though the official Communist line claimed this to be a suicide.

Last edited:
speaking of communism.
Who is considered the father of The Republic of China?
it is easy but everyone I ask always get it wrong.

speaking of communism.
Who is considered the father of The Republic of China?
it is easy but everyone I ask always get it wrong.

I cheated and googled. Sun Yat-sen

Modern China: Sun Yat-sen

In Chinese history he is known as "The Father of the Revolution" or "The Father of the Republic." In the West he is considered the most important figure of Chinese history in the twentieth century. As a revolutionary, he lived most of his life in disappointment. For over twenty years he struggled to bring a nationalist and democratic revolution to China and when he finally triumphed with the establishment of the Chinese Republic in 1912 with him as president, he had it cruelly snatched from him by the dictatorial and ambitious Yüan Shih-kai. He died in 1924, with China in ruins, torn by the anarchy and violence of competing warlords. His ideas, however, fueled the revolutionary fervor of the early twentieth century and became the basis of the Nationalist government established by Chiang Kai-shek in 1928.

Sun Yat-sen based his idea of revolution on three principles: nationalism, democracy, and equalization. These three principles, in fact, were elevated to the status of basic principles: the Three People's Principles. The first of these held that Chinese government should be in the hands of the Chinese rather than a foreign imperial house. Government should be republican and democratically elected. Finally, disparities in land ownership should be equalized among the people, wealth more evenly distributed, and the social effects of unbridled capitalism and commerce should be mitigated by government. The latter principle involved the nationalization of land; Sun believed that land ownership allows too much power to accrue to the hands of landlords. In his nationalization theory, people would be deprived of the right to own land, but they could still retain other rights over the land by permission of the state.

In Sun's theory of democracy, government would be divided into five separate branches: the executive, legislative, judicial, the censorate, and the civil service system. The latter two branches primarily functioned as a check on the first three, which are the more familiar branches of government to Westerners. The latter two were also traditional branches of the Chinese government and functioned indepedently. The civil service had been around since the Han period and the censorae had been created by the Hong Wu emperor at the beginning of the Ming dynasty (1368-1644). This form of government, however, was never really instituted in Nationalist China.

In addition, his theory of democracy itself, that is, "rule by the people," was based on the "four powers of the people." These four powers were: a.) the right to vote; b.) the right to recall; c.) the power of initiative (the power to initiate legislation); d.) the power of referendum (the power to amend an old law)....

Forum List

Back