History Quiz

Dr Grump said:
Uh uh...your turn...

Meanie...heh! ;)

OK, fair enough... we've all heard of the midnight ride of paul revere. But there were other midnight riders as well...

Who was hand-picked by George Washington, on October 19, 1781, to carry the news of tbe defeat of Cornwallis and the British, following their defeat at Yorktown, to Congress. What was his job at the time he was picked?

Tench Tilghman, Washington's aide-de-camp.

Q :The decisive Franco-American victory of Yortown forced UK to negociate the Peace (Treaty of Paris, 1783).
But UK had a lot of soldiers in America (31,000 in USA, 13,000 in Cananda) and in UK (64,000), so they would have been able to follow the fight.
But They surrender because before Yorktown, UK had several problems with France : unfavourables events were known in London just before the Yorktown's defeat news. This pushed UK to reddition.

What were these events ?

Well, question probably to complex, with to many parameters, sorry.

Why Hobbes should have been always affraid during his life (psychanalysts theory), leading him to write the Leviathan, with this Omnipotentia State ?

padisha emperor said:
Why Hobbes should have been always affraid during his life (psychanalysts theory), leading him to write the Leviathan, with this Omnipotentia State ?

Sorry Padisha...don't think I understand the question. Is it: Why was Hobbes afraid during his lifetime leading him to write the Leviathan, which was about an Omnipotentia (onomatopoeia??) State? Got no idea who Hobbes is/was anyway... :happy2:

Dr Grump said:
Sorry Padisha...don't think I understand the question. Is it: Why was Hobbes afraid during his lifetime leading him to write the Leviathan, which was about an Omnipotentia (onomatopoeia??) State? Got no idea who Hobbes is/was anyway... :happy2:

Yes, it was something like that ;) sorry.

Hobbes, famous english philosopher of the XVIIth, was an absolutist, his most famous book, "Leviathan", describes his idea of the State, with all the power ("omnipotent" in french, with all the might, i believe this word was in english too).

For the psychanalysts, it the translation of his fear, and they explained this fear by something special, quite hard to believe.

He was born in 1588, and his mother, when she was pregnant of him, was totally affraid by the news of the coming of the Invincible Armada. This fear, for the psychanalysts, was given to him while his mother was pregnant.

Go on ;)

padisha emperor said:
Yes, it was something like that ;) sorry.

Hobbes, famous english philosopher of the XVIIth, was an absolutist, his most famous book, "Leviathan", describes his idea of the State, with all the power ("omnipotent" in french, with all the might, i believe this word was in english too).

Go on ;)

He had a fear of death?

Here is my question?

Did the First U. S. Congress really elect Chaplains for the purpose of having the Chaplains perform prayers to open each daily session of Congress?

FVF

padisha emperor said:
Name of the false landing operation in France to make believe to the german the DDay will take place in Pas-de-Calais ?
I had to google it: Operation Fortitude.

Question: Small Virginia city (1944 pop. approx 3500),
my home town, which lost 19 men killed in action
on Omaha Beach.

In 1775, on April 19th, as the British retreated from Concord and Lexington, the stopped and killed a bunch of patriots in what town? The house is still standing where they did this.

Forum List

Back