General Areas of History You'd Like to Know More About

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
The history quiz was a great thread, lots of fun and nice talk. I'm curious about areas of history you think you'd like to know more about. There is a thread on Mamluk in Egypt.

For me: all the Edwards and Richards in England.

The French Revolutions-have they stopped yet?

Africa

Said1 said:
Don't forget the Henry's!

For me also, the Caribbean.

Henry's for sure! As for the Caribbean, well I'm still trying to understand the Candian! :smoke:

Kathianne said:
The history quiz was a great thread, lots of fun and nice talk. I'm curious about areas of history you think you'd like to know more about. There is a thread on Mamluk in Egypt.

The French Revolutions-have they stopped yet?

Africa

I enjoy all history.

I know a little about a lot, but not a lot about anything, so I could use more depth on everything.

Like Korea in 1872, and Kaganovich in the 1930s!

I love history and I truly believe we can learn a lot from it.

Asian history has always been an interest of mine. As is the history of US involvement in Asia. It goes further back than most Americans know.

Of course, since I began reading the Bible a few weeks ago, that has stoked my interest in middle eastern history. And, being from Texas (you know the old saying, "American by birth, but Texan by the grace of God!"), I love the history surrounding Texas.

European history never has been all that interesting to me. Probably because growing up we always were taught European history but not the history of other parts of the world (not in the same level of depth anyway).

freeandfun1 said:
I love history and I truly believe we can learn a lot from it.

Asian history has always been an interest of mine. As is the history of US involvement in Asia. It goes further back than most Americans know.

Of course, since I began reading the Bible a few weeks ago, that has stoked my interest in middle eastern history. And, being from Texas (you know the old saying, "American by birth, but Texan by the grace of God!"), I love the history surrounding Texas.

European history never has been all that interesting to me. Probably because growing up we always were taught European history but not the history of other parts of the world (not in the same level of debth anyway).

I know a little about a lot. I'm certified to teach 'social studies' 'american history' and 'geography.' Have endorsements in 'far east and near east studies' 'russian history' 'Western Civilization' and 'Global studies.' Don't you love education?

Kathianne said:
I know a little about a lot. I'm certified to teach 'social studies' 'american history' and 'geography.' Have endorsements in 'far east and near east studies' 'russian history' 'Western Civilization' and 'Global studies.' Don't you love education?

I sure do. I just wish I had taken it more seriously as a youngster!

freeandfun1 said:
I sure do. I just wish I had taken it more seriously as a youngster!

The query about education is what endorsements they give. I have a lot of freaking hours, but NO ONE could have all those specialties, not enough to have 'mastered.' Now American history, sure. I know more than many.

Kathianne said:
The query about education is what endorsements they give. I have a lot of freaking hours, but NO ONE could have all those specialties, not enough to have 'mastered.' Now American history, sure. I know more than many.

I like studying the periods of history that are "quiet". Everybody learns about certain periods of US history, but in those oft ignored times there are some very interesting events that occured!

I am interested in most places/civilizations, but what I find very interesting is the psychology and sociology behind it. Not necessarily the great events, but the little people and their daily living. Like, in the Old West, the mail order brides... what would motivate a woman to do this? Or, I love looking at pictures of ancient tools and imagining what it was like to break entire fields of soil without engines.

mom4 said:
I am interested in most places/civilizations, but what I find very interesting is the psychology and sociology behind it. Not necessarily the great events, but the little people and their daily living. Like, in the Old West, the mail order brides... what would motivate a woman to do this? Or, I love looking at pictures of ancient tools and imagining what it was like to break entire fields of soil without engines.

Cultural anthropology, covers a wide range of stuff.

Does it mean the Kings ?
The Plantagenêt dynasty ?

For the Revolution, the best way is to look in a book, it's very complex and long, there is too many faces : civilan wars, wars against Europe on the french soil, on the foreign soil, and of course the very very hard side of the politic.

But i'll try to give some things to you in a special thread ;)

OK, here's one for historians: of all the events that happen during a day which ones, if any, go into the history books and why?

Forum List

Back