History Channel Movie debunks "1913 seeds" leftist propaganda clip

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1913 the Mufti wasn't the Mufti, he was an 16-18 yr old youth of no importance in Ottoman regime. Haj Amin al-Husseini - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Mufti is a position, not a person. That Husseini was young is utterly irrelevant.

You've completely missed the point. The Mufti in contention has zip to do with the events of 1913 covered in the film. Somehow, people fail to understand the film was not about WW2 but 1913.
I suppose that's a damning statement on the state of the American system of education today.

My education was longer ago than I care to admit - but the history of the Middle East was not covered except as an elective.

I graduated as an electrical engineer but I took electives in history, classical mostly but a few courses in North African and Middle East history. Believe it or not I was a super supporter of Israel before university. And this was a long time ago. In a course that addressed the Palestinian issue, the professor actually had recordings played in class that demonstrated that the Arab radio stations broadcast requests for the Arabs to not leave their homes. The Arabic was transcribed by CIA and BBC "auditors" and provided in the class. They are still available. Irskine

JSTOR An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
Hey guys - lets not delve into the predictable histories that derail threads - let's stay on topic - it's generating a good discussion :)
Well, Monte was talking about The Jews coming in the late 1800s. That may or may not be true.
Since so much has been said of a documentary covering 1913, I thought I would bring up something earlier than that.

9 000 Photographs from 1800 s British Mandate of Palestine with no trace of Palestinians Palestine-Israel Conflict

The film is from the first arrival of the European Zionists to 1913. Posting propaganda does not make a point. Only a few maniacs believe that there were only Jews in Palestine in 1800. It is all part of the Zionist myth. Quit making a fool of yourself.

All the Wikipedia article seems to be saying is that there was a Jewish presence in the Holy Land between 70 A.D. and the 1800's. Any educated Jew would know that. The Shulchan Aruch, the Kabbalah and the Friday night prayer service were produced in "Palestine" during this time, and the cities of Tiberias and Sefad were built.

The Wikipedia article is absolutely designed to tell a story the supports the Zionist myth.

If you go to pre-Wiki histories the story is different even pro-Jewish sites like the one below which exaggerate the Jewish presence admit that even in the 1880s Jews were no more than 10% of the population. Just because a few Arab Jews (who spoke Arabic and were culturally Arab had continued to live in Palestine does not justify the dispossession of the non-Jews that lived there by the Europeans.

"135 - Judea Renamed Palestine During a final Jewish uprising against the Romans (the Bar Kochva Revolt) Jerusalem was once again, for a short, three-year period, under Jewish control. After the Romans' inevitable, crushing victory many hundreds of thousands of Jews were either deported, sold as slaves or killed. The Roman Emperor Hadrian leveled Jerusalem to the ground, and barred Jews from entering the city.

In an attempt at definitively eliminating the Jewish connection to the land, the Romans renamed Judea to "Palaestina", a word believed to be derived from the "Philistines", a people from Crete, which a thousand years earlier roamed the Mediterranean coast of Judea. Jews still lived in the area, though, and less than 100 years later they were once again allowed access to Jerusalem......

313 - The Byzantine Era The Roman Emperor Constantine decreed that Christianity would henceforth be the official religion of the Roman Empire, and in 331 AD he moved its capital from Rome to Byzantium, which he then renamed Constantinople (today Istanbul in Turkey). At the end of the century Judea too, now known as Palestine, was a mainly Christian area. Churches and monasteries were being built in the holy places in Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Galilee, and Jews again were denied access to Jerusalem.

637 - Arab Rule In the 630's a new religion, Islam, bagan spreading from the Arabian peninsula, and within only a few years both the Persian and Byzantine empires were defeated. In 638 Jerusalem fell to the Arab caliph Omar and became part of the Muslim empire, which was ruled from the caliphate in the city of Medina (in today's Saudi-Arabia). Omar founded the first mosque at the site in Jerusalem, where the Jewish temple had previously been located.

The following centuries were caracterized by internal strife in the Muslim world. Changing caliphs ruled over most of the Middle East from Damascus (from 661) and Baghdad (from 750). Jews and Christians were tolerated, but subject to special restrictions, which led many to either emigrate or convert to Islam. In 969 Jerusalem was conquered by the Fatimid dynasty, the rivaling caliphate in Cairo, and in 1071 the Arab dominance ended, when the Fatimids were ejected by the Seljuk Turks.

1099 - The CrusadersPope Urban II called for a crusade against the Muslims in order to reclaim the Holy Land for the Christians, and in 1099 the first crusaders conquered Jerusalem, while massacring a large number of Jews and Muslims. During the following two centuries the European crusaders fought various Muslim rulers for control of the area. In 1187 Saladin, a Kurdish general who ruled over both Egypt and Syria, succeeded in recapturing Jerusalem for the Muslims.

1291 - The Mamelukes
In 1250 the Mamelukes (originally an army of slaves mainly from Turkey and northern Caucasia) seized power in Egypt from Saladin's Ayyubid dynasty. The Crusaders' last bastion in the Holy Land, the port city of Acre, fell to the Mamelukes in 1291. In the next 200 years, with Palestine being ruled from Damascus, the province ceased to function as a centre for trade from the Far East, and the population, including the few thousand Jewish families that are left, lives in extreme poverty. Several towns lay in ruins, and even Jerusalem was almost deserted. In 1351 Palestine was struck by the plague, and around 1500 the area's population numbered a mere 200.000 souls. The Mamelukes ruled the area from Egypt to Syria until they were defeated by the Ottoman Turks.

1880 - The Jews in Palestine
The Turks had ruled Palestine as part of the Ottoman Empire's Syrian province since conquering the entire Middle East in the early 1500's. During all these years a Jewish presence had continued to exist in the area, mainly in the four holy cities of Safed, Tiberias, Hebron and Jerusalem. The size of the Jewish community had varied, in 1880 numbering around 25.000, comprising about 1/10 of the total population.

The History of Israel - A Chronological Presentation - About

Wikipedia is useless for fact regarding controversial issues.

"Aligning text to the right: Is a political organization editing Wikipedia to suit its interests?

An employee of NGO Monitor was recently banned from editing articles about the Israeli-Arab conflict for bias and not revealing his place of work."

Aligning text to the right Is a political organization editing Wikipedia to suit its interests - Features - Haaretz Daily Newspaper Israel News

There you go lying again. What you posted did not disprove the historical fact that the Jews had been migrating back and forth for over 2000 years and this culminated during the Ottoman Empire starting in the 1500's as Jews were escaping the crusades and inquisition. These historical facts are indictable and corroborated by other sources, however you continue to make baseless allegations and making absolute bullshit claims because you are committed to your Palestinian Nazi myth and Jew hatred.

It doesn't matter that a few Jews were traveling back and forth to Palestine over the years. Until the European colonization facilitated by the British, they were a small number of Arab Jews that had no intention of of displacing the Christians and Muslims. The fact that Christians and Muslims were the vast majority of the population is no myth. It's fact.

What you are posting is Zionist lies. I do agree that what you claim are fact are "indictable facts" in the sense they should be arrested. LOL

There is no "Jew hate" associated with stating the facts.

Look at this pathetic antisemtic asshole minimizing the Jewish presence. Jews defended Hebron during the crusades, and that's over 500 years ago. Jews were a majority in Jerusalem in the 1800's, and had been migrating into the holy land in large numbers during the Ottoman Empire.

And get off the internet you fucking Jew hating troll. 16 hours already today. Sheeeesh. The guy has no life.

Jews were not a majority in Jerusalem until after the migration of Europeans in the late 1800s. They were still less than 5% of the population of Palestine in 1922.

You are becoming every bit ridiculous as your friend in accusing anyone that disagrees with you of "Jew hate". Grow up.

I find it hilarious that a 24/7 Hasbara poster complains about the time others spend posting.

The more obscenities you spew, the more you demonstrate your ineffectualness.

Nah, you are the paid propagandist troll who's so effective he keeps loosing every argument but since you are shameless liar you keep coming back for more. Hey, it's a living eh? Especially for a Jew hater like you.

EARLY MODERN JEWISH HISTORY Overview d Ottoman Empire

EARLY MODERN JEWISH HISTORY: Overview

In the period after the Expulsion, some exiles made their way to Egypt, Syria and the Holy Land. Their numbers were small, though, because these areas were held by the Mamlukes, and were quite inhospitable places for settlement. This changed, however, in 1516-1517, with the Ottoman conquest of these territories. Exiles, descendants of exiles and conversos began making their way to ancient Jewish communities in the east: Cairo and Alexandria in Egypt, Damascus, Halab and Beirut in Syria, and Jerusalem and Safed in Israel. In a colorful and probably exaggerated account from 1517-1523, an Ashkenazic author writes as follows:

“In the time of the great Rabbi Ovadia [of Bertinora] the prayers were said according to the rite of the Mustarabim [indigenous Jews] who follow Maimonides in matters of custom and law. But now that the Sephardim have been added to the population, they have practically eliminated every other usage, and they do as they please. Three of the cantors are Sephardim and one is Mustarab, and each does as he pleases.”

We have especially good data on the growth of Sephardic settlement in Safed in the sixteenth century, the period of this community’s great material and spiritual flowering. Turkish tax records show that in 1525 there were some 48 European (probably Spanish-Jewish) families in Safed; by 1555 there were 143 Portuguese-Jewish and 324 Spanish-Jewish households. Incidentally, this data illustrates that the movement of Iberian Jews through the Mediterranean was an extended one that continued for many years after the expulsion.

Hey guys - lets not delve into the predictable histories that derail threads - let's stay on topic - it's generating a good discussion :)
Well, Monte was talking about The Jews coming in the late 1800s. That may or may not be true.
Since so much has been said of a documentary covering 1913, I thought I would bring up something earlier than that.

9 000 Photographs from 1800 s British Mandate of Palestine with no trace of Palestinians Palestine-Israel Conflict
Well done. Monte's crap is so easy to refute. Even that list he produced, the document mutilator conveniently avoided the Ottoman Empire. I wonder why? Ha ha ha.

The Part Monte cut out:

1517-1917 - The Ottoman EmpireIn 1517 Kairo fell to the Ottoman Turks, who then ruled the entire Middle East from Constantinople (now Istanbul) for the next 400 years. The area known as Judea or Palestine was no longer considered a province of its own, but became part of the Ottoman Empire's Syrian province with Damascus as its local, administrative capital. The region remained neglected and underdeveloped, and largely isolated from the outside world.

So what, a few migrants from the Iberian peninsula (Europeans) were in Palestine. They were welcomed by the Muslims after being expelled by us Christians because they were Muslim allies in Iberia. That doesn't change anything moron.

Well done. Monte's crap is so easy to refute. Even that list he produced, the document mutilator conveniently avoided the Ottoman Empire. I wonder why? Ha ha ha.

The Part Monte cut out:

1517-1917 - The Ottoman EmpireIn 1517 Kairo fell to the Ottoman Turks, who then ruled the entire Middle East from Constantinople (now Istanbul) for the next 400 years. The area known as Judea or Palestine was no longer considered a province of its own, but became part of the Ottoman Empire's Syrian province with Damascus as its local, administrative capital. The region remained neglected and underdeveloped, and largely isolated from the outside world.

Ok, so how is that germane? You are truly a moron.

The Part Monte cut out:

I have to give Sally credit for that link I posted. But I don't understand why Monte is wasting his time on USMB when he should be running for Prime Minister. With Tinmore as his propa.....er, Information Minister,

The Part Monte cut out:

I have to give Sally credit for that link I posted. But I don't understand why Monte is wasting his time on USMB when he should be running for Prime Minister. With Tinmore as his propa.....er, Information Minister,

Propaganda links are easy to link to. We neutrals could link to Palestine Remembered or Electronic Intifada, but we don't because we are neutrals and only present facts.

You are the constant propagandists.

The Part Monte cut out:

Propaganda links are easy to link to. We neutrals could link to Palestine Remembered or Electronic Intifada, but we don't because we are neutrals and only present facts.

:dig:

So what, a few migrants from the Iberian peninsula (Europeans) were in Palestine. They were welcomed by the Muslims after being expelled by us Christians because they were Muslim allies in Iberia. That doesn't change anything moron.
They weren't expelled by "you" Christians. YOU had nothing to do with it, other than you still subscribe to the same ideology that caused them to leave. YOU also are not an authority on how many Jews actually made it to the holy land. YOU need to stop grouping people based on their religion, bigot.

The Part Monte cut out:

You link to propaganda links all the time. What a delusional moron you are.

They weren't expelled by "you" Christians. YOU had nothing to do with it, other than you still subscribe to the same ideology that caused them to leave. YOU also are not an authority on how many Jews actually made it to the holy land. YOU need to stop grouping people based on their religion, bigot.

Of course we expelled the Jews. You were our enemies allied with the Muslims. You always make a fool of yourself Roufti. This is so entertaining.

"Crusader Rule. The crusader rule (1100-1260) brought a temporary end to the Jewish settlement in Hebron. In 1100 the Crusaders captured the city, turned the mosque and the adjoining synagogue into a church and monastery, and expelled the Jews. "

http://www.hebron.com/english/article.php?id=178

The Part Monte cut out:

If it's not germane then why did you leave it out of the chronology, asshole? You keep getting caught with your hands in the cookie jar.

It's germane because it mentions 500 years of Ottoman rule, the time period where many Jews came into the Ottoman Empire, AS MENTIONED.

The Part Monte cut out:

If it's not germane then why did you leave it out of the chronology, asshole? You keep getting caught with your hands in the cookie jar.

It's germane because it mentions 500 years of Ottoman rule, the time period where many Jews came into the Ottoman Empire, AS MENTIONED.

The Jews were a small minority Roufti and they came from Europe because they were kicked out by Spain and Portugal. They weren't many.

Challenger, et al,

This is a interesting map.

Actually for seven hundred years there was no such thing as "Palestine" to the Ottomans. They called it Southern Syria and their maps confirm this.

Ottoman Army maps call it Palestine.
(COMMENT)

You have to study it for a minute to understand the names as they are color coded.

ottoman1683_shepherd.jpg

Notice the map --- bottom center. You will see the name "Palestine" in RED; that puts the time frame on the range of 1920---1922.

The territory of over which the Mandate of Palestine applied, was prior to the surrender, under Ottoman rule and was composed of two areas
SOURCE:
  • The Independent Sanjak (district) of Jerusalem was subject to the High Porte in Constantinople.
  • Rhe Sanjak extended from Jaffa to the River Jordan in the East and from the Jordan south to the borders of Egypt.
The name "Palestine" was the regional name, known from Roman times. But the political development and its subdivisions were changing and evolving.

Under the Ottoman Turks (1516-1918), Palestine’s administration was divided several times. First tied to Damascus, then to Sidon, then to Acre and then to Damascus again, at the end of the 19th century the region was eventually divided into the districts of Nablus and Acre, both belonging to the province of Beirut, and the autonomous district of Jerusalem, placed directly under Constantinople. SOURCE: Chronicle

0504-03OttomanEmpire.jpg

Most Respectfully,
R​

Of course we expelled the Jews. You were our enemies allied with the Muslims. You always make a fool of yourself Roufti. This is so entertaining.

"Crusader Rule. The crusader rule (1100-1260) brought a temporary end to the Jewish settlement in Hebron. In 1100 the Crusaders captured the city, turned the mosque and the adjoining synagogue into a church and monastery, and expelled the Jews. "

And yet, here they were, back again in the 1800's, only to be attacked by Arab Muslim savage invaders. these guys don't look European, they look like native Jews to me:

1834 looting of Safed

Old Yishuv

Jewish life in the Land of Israel
Key events
Key figures
Economy
Philanthropy
Communities
Synagogues
Related articles
The 1834 looting of Safed (Hebrew: ביזת צפת בשנת תקצ"ד, "Plunder of Safed, 5594 AM") was prolonged attack against the Jewish community of Safed, Palestine, during the 1834 Peasants' Revolt. It began on Sunday June 15 (7 Sivan), the day after the Jewish holiday of Shavuot, and lasted for the next 33 days. Most contemporary accounts suggest it was a spontaneous attack which took advantage of a defenceless population in the midst of the armed uprising against Egyptian rule.[3][4] The district governor tried to quell the violent outbreak, but failed to do so and fled. The event took place during a power vacuum, whilst Ibrahim Pasha of Egypt was fighting to quell the wider revolt in Jerusalem.

Accounts of the month-long event tell of large scale looting,as well as killing and raping of Jews and the destruction of homes and synagogues by local Druse and Muslim Arabs. Many Torah scrolls were desecrated[3] and many Jews were left severely wounded. The event has been described as a pogrom or "pogrom-like" by some authors. Hundreds fled the town seeking refuge in the open countryside or in neighbouring villages. The rioting was quelled by Lebanese Druse troops under the orders of Ibrahim Pasha following the intervention of foreign consuls. The instigators were arrested and later executed in Acre.
Attack

Letter to the Jewish community of London from a resident of Safed describing the event and appealing for assistance, 10 August 1834
The account of Neophytos, a monk of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre described the looting of the town, alongside similar events in Ramla, Lydda, Jaffa, Acre and Tiberias, noting that the perpetrators "robbed the Jews, who lived in these towns, of immense property, as is reported, for there was no one to offer any opposition".[24]

The 1850 account of Rabbi Joseph Schwartz stated that "Everything was carried off which could possibly be removed, even articles of no value; boxes, chests, packages, without even opening them, were dragged away; and the fury with which this crowd attacked their defenceless victims was boundless... [The perpetrators] were perfectly safe and unmolested; for they had learned that Abraim Pacha was, at the moment, so much occupied at Jerusalem and vicinity with his enemies there, that he could not go into Galilee."[6]

One account suggests the rioting was premeditated, organised by a local anti-Semitic Muslim cleric,[23] According to Kinglake, when June 15 arrived, Muhammad Damoor appeared to the gathered Muslim crowd and incited them to fulfill his prophesy. Kinglake only mentions the occurrence of looting, writing that "the most odious of all outrages, that of searching the women for the base purpose of discovering such things as gold and silver concealed about their persons, was perpetrated without shame."[23] Kinglake's is the only account which mentions the individual involvement of a local Muslim clergyman.

Other reports suggest the attack was more violent in nature. Isaac Farhi (d. 1853) described how several Jews were killed and raped in the attack. Men, women and children were robbed of their clothes and then beaten. Some fled into the surrounding fields and remained there naked "like wild animals" until the danger passed.[25] 12 year-old Jacob Saphir was among a number of refugees who found sanctuary in the adjacent village of Ein al-Zeitun assisted by a sympathetic Arab sheikh.[5] He describes how for the first three days they had nothing to eat and how they hid in fear of their lives for forty days. Afterwards they had found their homes completely ransacked and emptied, "not even small jugs, doors or windows had been left behind."[26] Menachem Mendel Baum, a prominent member of the Ashkenazi community, published a book (Korot Ha-Eytim, 1839) vividly detailing his recollections. He describes an aggressive onslaught, including one incident in which a group of elderly Jews including pious rabbis were beaten mercilessly while hiding in a synagogue.[27] In May 1934, an article appearing in Haaretz by historian and journalist Eliezer Rivlin (1889-1942) described the event of 100 years earlier in detail. His article, based on similar first hand accounts, tells of how the head of the community, Rabbi Israel of Shklov, was threatened with his life and another rabbi who had fled to the hills seeking refuge in a cave was set upon and had his eye gouged out. Rivlin states many Jews were beaten to death and severely wounded. Thirteen synagogues along with an estimated 500 Torah scrolls were destroyed.[28] Valuable antique books belonging to the 14th-century rabbi Isaac Aboab I were also lost. Jewish homes were ransacked and set on fire as looters searched for hidden gold and silver.[29]

Some Jews managed to escape to a nearby fortress and held out there for a few weeks. The mob unsuccessfully tried to break into the building to reach the fugitives.The sources do not indicate how many Jews died. It seems to have not been many, though hundreds were wounded

British philanthropist Sir Moses Montefiore furnished Israel Bak with a new printing press (pictured) after his original one was destroyed in the pogrom
The sole Hebrew printing press in Palestine was destroyed along with many copies of the Bible. It was three years before the press started functioning again. Israel Bak, who established the printing house in Safed, incurred a wound on his foot which left him with an enduring limp. Among the distinguished men who gave their lives helping others were Rabbis Leib Cohen, Shalom Hayat and Mendel of Kamnitz, who wandered around the streets without fear of the attackers, to return little children to their mothers, rescuing the victims physically and emotionally, and burying the dead

Last edited:

And yet, here they were, back again in the 1800's, only to be attacked by Arab Muslim savage invaders. these guys don't look European, they look like native Jews to me:

1834 looting of Safed

Old Yishuv

Key events
Key figures
Economy
Philanthropy
Communities
Synagogues
Related articles
The 1834 looting of Safed (Hebrew: ביזת צפת בשנת תקצ"ד, "Plunder of Safed, 5594 AM") was prolonged attack against the Jewish community of Safed, Palestine, during the 1834 Peasants' Revolt. It began on Sunday June 15 (7 Sivan), the day after the Jewish holiday of Shavuot, and lasted for the next 33 days. Most contemporary accounts suggest it was a spontaneous attack which took advantage of a defenceless population in the midst of the armed uprising against Egyptian rule.[3][4] The district governor tried to quell the violent outbreak, but failed to do so and fled. The event took place during a power vacuum, whilst Ibrahim Pasha of Egypt was fighting to quell the wider revolt in Jerusalem.

Accounts of the month-long event tell of large scale looting,as well as killing and raping of Jews and the destruction of homes and synagogues by local Druse and Muslim Arabs. Many Torah scrolls were desecrated[3] and many Jews were left severely wounded. The event has been described as a pogrom or "pogrom-like" by some authors. Hundreds fled the town seeking refuge in the open countryside or in neighbouring villages. The rioting was quelled by Lebanese Druse troops under the orders of Ibrahim Pasha following the intervention of foreign consuls. The instigators were arrested and later executed in Acre.
Attack

Letter to the Jewish community of London from a resident of Safed describing the event and appealing for assistance, 10 August 1834
The account of Neophytos, a monk of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre described the looting of the town, alongside similar events in Ramla, Lydda, Jaffa, Acre and Tiberias, noting that the perpetrators "robbed the Jews, who lived in these towns, of immense property, as is reported, for there was no one to offer any opposition".[24]

The 1850 account of Rabbi Joseph Schwartz stated that "Everything was carried off which could possibly be removed, even articles of no value; boxes, chests, packages, without even opening them, were dragged away; and the fury with which this crowd attacked their defenceless victims was boundless... [The perpetrators] were perfectly safe and unmolested; for they had learned that Abraim Pacha was, at the moment, so much occupied at Jerusalem and vicinity with his enemies there, that he could not go into Galilee."[6]

One account suggests the rioting was premeditated, organised by a local anti-Semitic Muslim cleric,[23] According to Kinglake, when June 15 arrived, Muhammad Damoor appeared to the gathered Muslim crowd and incited them to fulfill his prophesy. Kinglake only mentions the occurrence of looting, writing that "the most odious of all outrages, that of searching the women for the base purpose of discovering such things as gold and silver concealed about their persons, was perpetrated without shame."[23] Kinglake's is the only account which mentions the individual involvement of a local Muslim clergyman.

Other reports suggest the attack was more violent in nature. Isaac Farhi (d. 1853) described how several Jews were killed and raped in the attack. Men, women and children were robbed of their clothes and then beaten. Some fled into the surrounding fields and remained there naked "like wild animals" until the danger passed.[25] 12 year-old Jacob Saphir was among a number of refugees who found sanctuary in the adjacent village of Ein al-Zeitun assisted by a sympathetic Arab sheikh.[5] He describes how for the first three days they had nothing to eat and how they hid in fear of their lives for forty days. Afterwards they had found their homes completely ransacked and emptied, "not even small jugs, doors or windows had been left behind."[26] Menachem Mendel Baum, a prominent member of the Ashkenazi community, published a book (Korot Ha-Eytim, 1839) vividly detailing his recollections. He describes an aggressive onslaught, including one incident in which a group of elderly Jews including pious rabbis were beaten mercilessly while hiding in a synagogue.[27] In May 1934, an article appearing in Haaretz by historian and journalist Eliezer Rivlin (1889-1942) described the event of 100 years earlier in detail. His article, based on similar first hand accounts, tells of how the head of the community, Rabbi Israel of Shklov, was threatened with his life and another rabbi who had fled to the hills seeking refuge in a cave was set upon and had his eye gouged out. Rivlin states many Jews were beaten to death and severely wounded. Thirteen synagogues along with an estimated 500 Torah scrolls were destroyed.[28] Valuable antique books belonging to the 14th-century rabbi Isaac Aboab I were also lost. Jewish homes were ransacked and set on fire as looters searched for hidden gold and silver.[29]

Some Jews managed to escape to a nearby fortress and held out there for a few weeks. The mob unsuccessfully tried to break into the building to reach the fugitives.The sources do not indicate how many Jews died. It seems to have not been many, though hundreds were wounded

British philanthropist Sir Moses Montefiore furnished Israel Bak with a new printing press (pictured) after his original one was destroyed in the pogrom
The sole Hebrew printing press in Palestine was destroyed along with many copies of the Bible. It was three years before the press started functioning again. Israel Bak, who established the printing house in Safed, incurred a wound on his foot which left him with an enduring limp. Among the distinguished men who gave their lives helping others were Rabbis Leib Cohen, Shalom Hayat and Mendel of Kamnitz, who wandered around the streets without fear of the attackers, to return little children to their mothers, rescuing the victims physically and emotionally, and burying the dead

Well Roufti, you did read in your link that the only people that were targeted were the Europeans, not the Arab Jews. The Arab Jews chose to protect the colonizers. Wasn't that traitorous?

1834 looting of Safed

Old Yishuv

Key events
Key figures
Economy
Philanthropy
Communities
Synagogues
Related articles

Attack

Well Roufti, you did read in your link that the only people that were targeted were the Europeans, not the Arab Jews. The Arab Jews chose to protect the colonizers. Wasn't that traitorous?

Hah? Lying again, asshole? Here let me put it in big print for the stinky Jew hating liar:

Accounts of the month-long event tell of large scale looting,as well as killing and raping of Jews and the destruction of homes and synagogues by local Druse and Muslim Arabs. Many Torah scrolls were desecrated and many Jews were left severely wounded. The event has been described as a pogrom or "pogrom-like" by some authors. Hundreds fled the town seeking refuge in the open countryside or in neighbouring villages. The rioting was quelled by Lebanese Druse troops under the orders of Ibrahim Pasha following the intervention of foreign consuls. The instigators were arrested and later executed in Acre.

In 1913 the Mufti wasn't the Mufti, he was an 16-18 yr old youth of no importance in Ottoman regime. Haj Amin al-Husseini - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Mufti is a position, not a person. That Husseini was young is utterly irrelevant.

You've completely missed the point. The Mufti in contention has zip to do with the events of 1913 covered in the film. Somehow, people fail to understand the film was not about WW2 but 1913.

The preaching of hate and violence from the minbar and radio is what incited the the arabs. They look for trouble. short fuse.
It was not a message of peace and friendship.

Muslims don't have a pope figure but a mufti is almost like an archbishop. They set the tone and message for the muslims and mosques in the Jerusalem sanjuk, mandate area.

Ya - but everyone is missing the point. The Mufti being talked about is the one that met with Hitler - he has nothing to do with the events in this film.

He was raised and influenced by the same hate. He just took it to a wider audience. His brother and him had the same teacher. Just because he was young, does not mean he was not actively inciting sentiments against jews. He picked where his brother ended.

How many young boys in there early teens are out there fighting with ISIS. They are killing, involved in the massacres, making propaganda videos, spreading the idea of jihad.

There are many ways to be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back