History Channel Movie debunks "1913 seeds" leftist propaganda clip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to bet that Monti will call this video "Zionist Hasbara propaganda' :lol:

No Toast, I will just point out that the Mufti wasn't the Mufti in 1913, the year that the period covered by the documentary ends. There has been no debunking. Just a feeble Hasbara attempt at suppressing the facts.

He was the son of the Mufti destined to become the Mufti. he was a pan-arabist and fought against the British. Sentenced to 10 years in prison for inciting arab violence against the Jews in 1920. He also believed that Palestine was a southern province of Syria once again destroying monte's claims about the Palestinians.

Whatever he was he had nothing to do with the events of 1913 - the director of the film was very specific in that his intention for the film was a brief snapshot of history - 1913. Folks start complaining about why isn't the Mufti in it - he had nothing to do with it - continuing on that line is a derailment.

Maybe there will be a sequel.. So let's discuss the Mufti --- but that wasn't in the scope of the documentary.

What I saw was the typical NPT style emotional appeals. Like that flight of fantasy about that picture of the founding settlement for Tel Aviv -- and "being able to see Jaffa if you just turned around".. That settlement WAS built on largely bare dunes. And the picture I posted of what the settlers accomplished in just 2 years is amazing. THAT should have included in such a documentary. But instead, we got exaggerated emotional commentary.

I liked it. Historical dialogue was interesting. The fact that there WERE Pali leaders of statesmanship class was great. Unfortunately, it was demonstrated, but never actually stated in the film that there was no large nationalist movement for the Palis back then and certainly not anything close to national govt with a Palestinian identity. That's my other beef with the film. NPT actually ended the film with a statement like -- "This is where is all went wrong".. Tipped their hand and hearts a bit there --- didn't they? I can live with some compassion for a doomed displaced people who didn't adapt to the situation.. And you kinda EXPECT that bias from a "prog-lite" TV network anyway.

So what did Mr. Mufti DO to move the cause of Palestinian governance and statehood forward? Is this the analogue of Monte's "Zionist conspiracy caused Wilson to enter WW1" theory? Where I could claim that the Mufti advised on Hitler's war on Jews in order to get a favorable land grant when Germany won the war??

The Mufti encouraged Hitler to do to the Jews, what the Ottomans (the army he served in) did to the Armenian Christians. His goal was to create a Jew and Christian free Middle East.

So -- did this guy DO anything to advance Palestinian nationalism? Form a government, develop diplomatic credibility, plan for the development of a Palestinian nation? Or did he just want to cleanse the HolyLand of Jews and Christians?

No Toast, I will just point out that the Mufti wasn't the Mufti in 1913, the year that the period covered by the documentary ends. There has been no debunking. Just a feeble Hasbara attempt at suppressing the facts.

He was the son of the Mufti destined to become the Mufti. he was a pan-arabist and fought against the British. Sentenced to 10 years in prison for inciting arab violence against the Jews in 1920. He also believed that Palestine was a southern province of Syria once again destroying monte's claims about the Palestinians.

Whatever he was he had nothing to do with the events of 1913 - the director of the film was very specific in that his intention for the film was a brief snapshot of history - 1913. Folks start complaining about why isn't the Mufti in it - he had nothing to do with it - continuing on that line is a derailment.

Maybe there will be a sequel.. So let's discuss the Mufti --- but that wasn't in the scope of the documentary.

What I saw was the typical NPT style emotional appeals. Like that flight of fantasy about that picture of the founding settlement for Tel Aviv -- and "being able to see Jaffa if you just turned around".. That settlement WAS built on largely bare dunes. And the picture I posted of what the settlers accomplished in just 2 years is amazing. THAT should have included in such a documentary. But instead, we got exaggerated emotional commentary.

I liked it. Historical dialogue was interesting. The fact that there WERE Pali leaders of statesmanship class was great. Unfortunately, it was demonstrated, but never actually stated in the film that there was no large nationalist movement for the Palis back then and certainly not anything close to national govt with a Palestinian identity. That's my other beef with the film. NPT actually ended the film with a statement like -- "This is where is all went wrong".. Tipped their hand and hearts a bit there --- didn't they? I can live with some compassion for a doomed displaced people who didn't adapt to the situation.. And you kinda EXPECT that bias from a "prog-lite" TV network anyway.

So what did Mr. Mufti DO to move the cause of Palestinian governance and statehood forward? Is this the analogue of Monte's "Zionist conspiracy caused Wilson to enter WW1" theory? Where I could claim that the Mufti advised on Hitler's war on Jews in order to get a favorable land grant when Germany won the war??

The Mufti encouraged Hitler to do to the Jews, what the Ottomans (the army he served in) did to the Armenian Christians. His goal was to create a Jew and Christian free Middle East.

So -- did this guy DO anything to advance Palestinian nationalism? Form a government, develop diplomatic credibility, plan for the development of a Palestinian nation? Or did he just want to cleanse the HolyLand of Jews and Christians?

For him it was all about Islamic religious fanaticism, and nothing to do with the Palestinian people or nation. When the Ottoman Empire fell, he wanted the land and by extension the entire region to remain under Muslim rule, which is why he moved into action by aligning himself with the Nazis when the British Mandate took over. He traveled to many Arab capitals, informing them of the alliance with Hitler, and encouraging the Arabs to do the Muslim version of the Final Solution on the indigenous Jews. The Arabs gladly obliged. He partially succeeded in his mission, as today most of those Muslim Arab countries have only a handful of Jews, despite having a rich ancient history in those lands that went back over 2500 to the fall of the first and second temples.

So yes, it was all about the ethnic cleansing and genocide of Jews and Christians. As it is today.

Last edited:

His goal was to prevent the mass migration of Europeans to Palestine. The Christians and Muslims of Palestine were allied and were members of various Christian-Muslim Associations, the first one was formed in Jaffa in 1918 to try to dissuade the British from following through with the Balfour Declaration 7 months earlier.

In 1913 the Mufti wasn't the Mufti, he was an 16-18 yr old youth of no importance in Ottoman regime. Haj Amin al-Husseini - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Mufti is a position, not a person. That Husseini was young is utterly irrelevant.

The point is the period covered by the film starts in the middle 1800s, when the Europeans began migrating to Palestine and ends in 1913, before WW1 started. Husseini was irrelevant at the time, he was 16 years old in 1913. Born in 1897.

His goal was to prevent the mass migration of Europeans to Palestine. The Christians and Muslims of Palestine were allied and were members of various Christian-Muslim Associations, the first one was formed in Jaffa in 1918 to try to dissuade the British from following through with the Balfour Declaration 7 months earlier.

Bullshat. He was a genocidal racist. If that was the case then why did he convince the Arab leaders to kill or evict all the ancient indigenous Jews from their countries? He was also responsible for killing tens of thousands of Christians. The Christians were certainly NOT allied with the Mufti, you are lying again, scumbag.

Hitler s Mufti Catholic Answers

Portrayed by the Nazis as the spiritual leader of all Islam, al-Husseini was given a grand formal welcome in Berlin. The official Nazi newspaper, Volkischer Beobachter, proudly published a photo of Hitler and al-Husseini, and Radio Berlin proclaimed on January 8, 1942 that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem had consented to take part in the effort against the British, the Communists, and the Jews.

Satisfied with his newly concretized relations with the Nazis, al-Husseini chose to remain in the service of the Axis and settled in Berlin in a lavish mansion that had been confiscated from a Jewish family. The Nazis paid him a monthly stipend of 62,500 Reichsmarks (approximately 20,000 dollars), payments that continued until April 1945, when only the fall of Berlin to the Red Army ended Hitler’s financial support. From his post, al-Husseini headed the Nazi-Arab Cooperation Section and helped build a network of German spies across the Middle East through his followers. Scheming for a desired dark future of Nazi-Islamic leadership, the Mufti founded an Islamic Institute in Dresden to provide training for young radical Muslims who would serve as chaplains for his field units and also head out across the Middle East and the world to sow the seeds of jihadism and anti-Semitism.

According to the testimony of Adolf Eichmann’s chief deputy Dieter Wisliceny (who was hanged for war crimes) the Mufti played a role in encouraging the Final Solution and was a close friend and advisor to Eichmann in the Holocaust’s implementation across Europe. Wisliceny testified further that al-Husseini had a close association with Heinrich Himmler and visited the gas chambers at Auschwitz, where he exhorted the staff to be even more dedicated in its important work.

To assist the practical slaughter of Jews and Christians, al-Husseini built an army of Muslim volunteer units for the Waffen-SS (the combat units of the dread SS) to operate for the Nazi cause in the Balkans. While the appeal for volunteers from among Muslims always struggled to meet the demands for new recruits, al-Husseini was able to organize three divisions of Bosnian Muslims who were then trained as elements of the Waffen-SS. The largest radical Muslim unit was the 13th Waffen-SS Handzar ("Dagger") division that boasted over 21,000 men. They were joined by the Bosnian 23rd Waffen-SS Kama Division and the Albanian Skanderbeg 21st Waffen-SS Division. The Muslim Waffen-SS forces fought across the Balkans against Communist partisans and then assisted in the genocide of Yugoslavian Jews and in the persecution and slaughter of Gypsies and Christian Serbs in 1944 and 1945. The brutality extended to Catholics as well, for the Muslim Waffen-SS cut a path of destruction across the Balkans that encompassed a large number of Catholic parishes, churches, and shrines and resulted in the deaths of thousands of Catholics. By the end of the war, al-Husseini’s fanatical soldiers had killed over 90 percent of the Jews in Bosnia.

Last edited:
In 1913 the Mufti wasn't the Mufti, he was an 16-18 yr old youth of no importance in Ottoman regime. Haj Amin al-Husseini - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Mufti is a position, not a person. That Husseini was young is utterly irrelevant.

The point is the period covered by the film starts in the middle 1800s, when the Europeans began migrating to Palestine and ends in 1913, before WW1 started. Husseini was irrelevant at the time, he was 16 years old in 1913. Born in 1897.

Bzzzzz wrong again, liar.

Despite the many invasions and programs, the Jews always maintained a presence and always kept coming back to their religious, spiritual, and cultural holy land.

History of Jews and Judaism in the Land of Israel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_and_Judaism_in_the_Land_of_Israel
Byzantine period (324–638)

Jews probably constituted the majority of the population of Palestine until the 4th-century, when Constantine converted to Christianity.

Jews lived in at least forty-three Jewish communities in Palestine: twelve towns on the coast, in the Negev, and east of the Jordan, and thirty-one villages in Galilee and in the Jordan valley. The persecuted Jews of Palestine revolted twice against their Christian rulers. In the 5th century, the Western Roman Empire collapsed leading to Christian migration into Palestine and development of a Christian majority. Jews numbered 10–15% of the population. Judaism was the only non-Christian religion tolerated, but there were bans on Jews building new places of worship, holding public office or owning slaves. There were also two Samaritan revolts in this period.[65]

In 438, The Empress Eudocia removed the ban on Jews' praying at the Temple site and the heads of the Community in Galilee issued a call "to the great and mighty people of the Jews": "Know that the end of the exile of our people has come"!

In about 450, the Jerusalem Talmud was completed.

According to Procopius, in 533 Byzantine general Belisarius took the treasures of the Jewish temple from Vandals who had taken them from Rome.

In 611, Sassanid Persia invaded the Byzantine Empire. In 613, a Jewish revolt against the Byzantine Empire joined forces with these Persian invaders to capture Jerusalem in 614. The Jews gained autonomy in Jerusalem, until in 617 when the Persians betrayed agreements and withdrew their forces from the region. With return of the Byzantines in 628, the Byzantine Emperor Heraclius promised to restore Jewish rights and received Jewish help in ousting the Persians with the aid of Jewish leader Benjamin of Tiberias.
Middle Ages (636–1517)After the conquest, Jewish communities began to grow and flourish. Umar allowed and encouraged Jews to settle in Jerusalem. It was first time, after almost 500 years of oppressive Christian rule, that Jews were allowed to enter and worship freely in their holy city.
In the mid-8th-century, taking advantage of the warring Islamic factions in Palestine, a false messiah named Abu Isa Obadiah of Isfahan inspired and organised a group of 10,000 armed Jews who hoped to restore the Holy Land to the Jewish nation.

In 1039, part of the synagogue in Ramla was still in ruins, probably resulting from the earthquake of 1033. Jews also returned to Rafah and documents from 1015 and 1080 attest to a significant community there.

A large Jewish community existed in Ramle and smaller communities inhabited Hebron and the coastal cities of Acre, Caesarea, Jaffa, Ashkelon and Gaza.[citation needed]Al-Muqaddasi (985) wrote that "for the most part the assayers of corn, dyers, bankers, and tanners are Jews." Under the Islamic rule, the rights of Jews and Christians were curtailed and residence was permitted upon payment of the special tax.

Between the 7th and 11th centuries, Masoretes (Jewish scribes) in the Galilee and Jerusalem were active in compiling a system of pronunciation and grammatical guides of the Hebrew language. They authorised the division of the Jewish Tanakh, known as the Masoretic Text, which is regarded as authoritative till today.

Ottoman rule (1517–1917)

The 16th-century nevertheless saw a resurgence of Jewish life in Palestine. Palestinian rabbis were instrumental producing a universally accepted manual of Jewish law and some of the most beautiful liturgical poems. Much of this activity occurred at Safed which had become a spiritual centre, a haven for mystics. Joseph Karo's comprehensive guide to Jewish law, the Shulchan Aruch, was considered so authoritative that the variant customs of German-Polish Jewry were merely added as supplement glosses. Some of the most celebrated hymns were written at in Safed by poets such as Israel Najara andSolomon Alkabetz. The town was also a centre of Jewish mysticism, notable kabbalists included Moses Cordovero and the German-born Naphtali Hertz ben Jacob Elhanan. A new method of understanding the kabbalah was developed by Palestinian mystic Isaac Luria, and espoused by his student Chaim Vital. In Safed, the Jews developed a number of branches of trade, especially in grain, spices, textiles and dyeing. In 1577, a Hebrewprinting press was established in Safed. The 8,000 or 10,000 Jews in Safed in 1555 grew to 20,000 or 30,000 by the end of the century.
Old YishuvJewish life in the Land of Israel

Key events

Key figures

In around 1563, Joseph Nasi secured permission from Sultan Selim II to acquire Tiberias and seven surrounding villages to create a Jewish city-state. He hoped that large numbers of Jewish refugees and Marranos would settle there, free from fear and oppression; indeed, the persecuted Jews of Cori, Italy, numbering about 200 souls, decided to emigrate to Tiberias.Nasi had the walls of the town rebuilt by 1564 and attempted to turn it into a self-sufficient textile manufacturing center by planting mulberry trees for the cultivation of silk. Nevertheless, a number of factors during the following years contributed to the plan's ultimate failure. Nasi's aunt, Doña Gracia Mendes Nasi supported ayeshiva in the town for many years until her death in 1569.

In 1567, a Yemenite scholar and Rabbi, Zechariah Dhahiri, visited Safed and wrote of his experiences in a book entitled Sefer Ha-Musar. His vivid descriptions of the town Safed and of Rabbi Joseph Karo’s yeshiva are of primary importance to historians, seeing that they are a first-hand account of these places, and the only extant account which describes the yeshiva of the great Sephardic Rabbi, Joseph Karo.[127]

In 1576, the Jewish community of Safed faced an expulsion order: 1,000 prosperous families were to be deported to Cyprus, "for the good of the said island", with another 500 the following year.[128] The order was later rescinded due to the realisation of the financial gains of Jewish rental income.[129] In 1586, the Jews of Istanbul agreed to build a fortified khan to provide a refuge for Safed's Jews against "night bandits and armed thieves."[128]

In 1569, the Radbaz moved to Jerusalem, but soon moved to Safed to escape the high taxes imposed on Jews by the authorities.

In 1610, the Yochanan ben Zakai Synagogue in Jerusalem was completed.[130] It became the main synagogue of the Sephardic Jews, the place where their chief rabbi was invested. The adjacent study hall which had been added by 1625 later became the Synagogue of Elijah the Prophet.[130]
Installation of the Chacham Bashi at the Ben Zakai Synagogue, 1893. According to legend, the synagogue stands on the site of the study hall of 1st-century sage, RabbanYochanan ben Zakai. The current building was constructed in 1610.

The Near East earthquake of 1759 destroys much of Safed killing 2000 people with 190 Jews among the dead, and also destroys Tiberias.

The disciples of the Vilna Gaon settled in the land of Israel almost a decade after the arrival of two of his pupils, R. Hayim of Vilna and R. Israel ben Samuel of Shklov. In all there were three groups of the Gaon's students which emigrated to the land of Israel. They formed the basis of the Ashkenazi communities of Jerusalem and Safed, setting up what was known as the Kollel Perushim. Their arrival encouraged an Ashkenazi revival in Jerusalem, whose Jewish community until this time was mostly Sephardi. Many of the descendants of the disciples became leading figures in modern Israeli society. The Gaon himself also set forth with his pupils to the Land, but for an unknown reason he turned back and returned to Vilna where he died soon after.

During the Peasants' Revolt under Muhammad Ali of Egypt's occupation, Jews were targeted in the 1834 looting of Safed and the 1834 Hebron massacre. By 1844,some sources report that Jews had become the largest population group in Jerusalem and by 1890 an absolute majority in the city.

STOP LYING the evidence of his own words show that he was against any other religion but islam to hold sway in Palestine. He was instrumental in starting the attacks on Christians that are still going on to this day

Does not mean anything as theattacks on the Jews had been going on since Medina. And it is a command in the Koran to "KILL THE UNBELIEVERS" and these are Jews, Christians and Hindu's. Only an islamonazi LIAR would claim that the muslims werew protecting the Jews and Christians

Bullshat. He was a genocidal racist. If that was the case then why did he convince the Arab leaders to kill or evict all the ancient indigenous Jews from their countries? He was also responsible for killing tens of thousands of Christians. The Christians were certainly NOT allied with the Mufti, you are lying again, scumbag.

Portrayed by the Nazis as the spiritual leader of all Islam, al-Husseini was given a grand formal welcome in Berlin. The official Nazi newspaper, Volkischer Beobachter, proudly published a photo of Hitler and al-Husseini, and Radio Berlin proclaimed on January 8, 1942 that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem had consented to take part in the effort against the British, the Communists, and the Jews.

Satisfied with his newly concretized relations with the Nazis, al-Husseini chose to remain in the service of the Axis and settled in Berlin in a lavish mansion that had been confiscated from a Jewish family. The Nazis paid him a monthly stipend of 62,500 Reichsmarks (approximately 20,000 dollars), payments that continued until April 1945, when only the fall of Berlin to the Red Army ended Hitler’s financial support. From his post, al-Husseini headed the Nazi-Arab Cooperation Section and helped build a network of German spies across the Middle East through his followers. Scheming for a desired dark future of Nazi-Islamic leadership, the Mufti founded an Islamic Institute in Dresden to provide training for young radical Muslims who would serve as chaplains for his field units and also head out across the Middle East and the world to sow the seeds of jihadism and anti-Semitism.

According to the testimony of Adolf Eichmann’s chief deputy Dieter Wisliceny (who was hanged for war crimes) the Mufti played a role in encouraging the Final Solution and was a close friend and advisor to Eichmann in the Holocaust’s implementation across Europe. Wisliceny testified further that al-Husseini had a close association with Heinrich Himmler and visited the gas chambers at Auschwitz, where he exhorted the staff to be even more dedicated in its important work.

To assist the practical slaughter of Jews and Christians, al-Husseini built an army of Muslim volunteer units for the Waffen-SS (the combat units of the dread SS) to operate for the Nazi cause in the Balkans. While the appeal for volunteers from among Muslims always struggled to meet the demands for new recruits, al-Husseini was able to organize three divisions of Bosnian Muslims who were then trained as elements of the Waffen-SS. The largest radical Muslim unit was the 13th Waffen-SS Handzar ("Dagger") division that boasted over 21,000 men. They were joined by the Bosnian 23rd Waffen-SS Kama Division and the Albanian Skanderbeg 21st Waffen-SS Division. The Muslim Waffen-SS forces fought across the Balkans against Communist partisans and then assisted in the genocide of Yugoslavian Jews and in the persecution and slaughter of Gypsies and Christian Serbs in 1944 and 1945. The brutality extended to Catholics as well, for the Muslim Waffen-SS cut a path of destruction across the Balkans that encompassed a large number of Catholic parishes, churches, and shrines and resulted in the deaths of thousands of Catholics. By the end of the war, al-Husseini’s fanatical soldiers had killed over 90 percent of the Jews in Bosnia.

Oh, good grief, do I have to debunk this nonsense yet again? Most of this is drivel and you know it.

Despite the many invasions and programs, the Jews always maintained a presence and always kept coming back to their religious, spiritual, and cultural holy land.

Jews probably constituted the majority of the population of Palestine until the 4th-century, when Constantine converted to Christianity.

Jews lived in at least forty-three Jewish communities in Palestine: twelve towns on the coast, in the Negev, and east of the Jordan, and thirty-one villages in Galilee and in the Jordan valley. The persecuted Jews of Palestine revolted twice against their Christian rulers. In the 5th century, the Western Roman Empire collapsed leading to Christian migration into Palestine and development of a Christian majority. Jews numbered 10–15% of the population. Judaism was the only non-Christian religion tolerated, but there were bans on Jews building new places of worship, holding public office or owning slaves. There were also two Samaritan revolts in this period.[65]

In 438, The Empress Eudocia removed the ban on Jews' praying at the Temple site and the heads of the Community in Galilee issued a call "to the great and mighty people of the Jews": "Know that the end of the exile of our people has come"!

According to Procopius, in 533 Byzantine general Belisarius took the treasures of the Jewish temple from Vandals who had taken them from Rome.

In 611, Sassanid Persia invaded the Byzantine Empire. In 613, a Jewish revolt against the Byzantine Empire joined forces with these Persian invaders to capture Jerusalem in 614. The Jews gained autonomy in Jerusalem, until in 617 when the Persians betrayed agreements and withdrew their forces from the region. With return of the Byzantines in 628, the Byzantine Emperor Heraclius promised to restore Jewish rights and received Jewish help in ousting the Persians with the aid of Jewish leader Benjamin of Tiberias.
Middle Ages (636–1517)After the conquest, Jewish communities began to grow and flourish. Umar allowed and encouraged Jews to settle in Jerusalem. It was first time, after almost 500 years of oppressive Christian rule, that Jews were allowed to enter and worship freely in their holy city.
In the mid-8th-century, taking advantage of the warring Islamic factions in Palestine, a false messiah named Abu Isa Obadiah of Isfahan inspired and organised a group of 10,000 armed Jews who hoped to restore the Holy Land to the Jewish nation.

In 1039, part of the synagogue in Ramla was still in ruins, probably resulting from the earthquake of 1033. Jews also returned to Rafah and documents from 1015 and 1080 attest to a significant community there.

A large Jewish community existed in Ramle and smaller communities inhabited Hebron and the coastal cities of Acre, Caesarea, Jaffa, Ashkelon and Gaza.[citation needed]Al-Muqaddasi (985) wrote that "for the most part the assayers of corn, dyers, bankers, and tanners are Jews." Under the Islamic rule, the rights of Jews and Christians were curtailed and residence was permitted upon payment of the special tax.

Between the 7th and 11th centuries, Masoretes (Jewish scribes) in the Galilee and Jerusalem were active in compiling a system of pronunciation and grammatical guides of the Hebrew language. They authorised the division of the Jewish Tanakh, known as the Masoretic Text, which is regarded as authoritative till today.

Ottoman rule (1517–1917)

The 16th-century nevertheless saw a resurgence of Jewish life in Palestine. Palestinian rabbis were instrumental producing a universally accepted manual of Jewish law and some of the most beautiful liturgical poems. Much of this activity occurred at Safed which had become a spiritual centre, a haven for mystics. Joseph Karo's comprehensive guide to Jewish law, the Shulchan Aruch, was considered so authoritative that the variant customs of German-Polish Jewry were merely added as supplement glosses. Some of the most celebrated hymns were written at in Safed by poets such as Israel Najara andSolomon Alkabetz. The town was also a centre of Jewish mysticism, notable kabbalists included Moses Cordovero and the German-born Naphtali Hertz ben Jacob Elhanan. A new method of understanding the kabbalah was developed by Palestinian mystic Isaac Luria, and espoused by his student Chaim Vital. In Safed, the Jews developed a number of branches of trade, especially in grain, spices, textiles and dyeing. In 1577, a Hebrewprinting press was established in Safed. The 8,000 or 10,000 Jews in Safed in 1555 grew to 20,000 or 30,000 by the end of the century.

Key events

Key figures

In around 1563, Joseph Nasi secured permission from Sultan Selim II to acquire Tiberias and seven surrounding villages to create a Jewish city-state. He hoped that large numbers of Jewish refugees and Marranos would settle there, free from fear and oppression; indeed, the persecuted Jews of Cori, Italy, numbering about 200 souls, decided to emigrate to Tiberias.Nasi had the walls of the town rebuilt by 1564 and attempted to turn it into a self-sufficient textile manufacturing center by planting mulberry trees for the cultivation of silk. Nevertheless, a number of factors during the following years contributed to the plan's ultimate failure. Nasi's aunt, Doña Gracia Mendes Nasi supported ayeshiva in the town for many years until her death in 1569.

In 1567, a Yemenite scholar and Rabbi, Zechariah Dhahiri, visited Safed and wrote of his experiences in a book entitled Sefer Ha-Musar. His vivid descriptions of the town Safed and of Rabbi Joseph Karo’s yeshiva are of primary importance to historians, seeing that they are a first-hand account of these places, and the only extant account which describes the yeshiva of the great Sephardic Rabbi, Joseph Karo.[127]

In 1576, the Jewish community of Safed faced an expulsion order: 1,000 prosperous families were to be deported to Cyprus, "for the good of the said island", with another 500 the following year.[128] The order was later rescinded due to the realisation of the financial gains of Jewish rental income.[129] In 1586, the Jews of Istanbul agreed to build a fortified khan to provide a refuge for Safed's Jews against "night bandits and armed thieves."[128]

In 1569, the Radbaz moved to Jerusalem, but soon moved to Safed to escape the high taxes imposed on Jews by the authorities.

In 1610, the Yochanan ben Zakai Synagogue in Jerusalem was completed.[130] It became the main synagogue of the Sephardic Jews, the place where their chief rabbi was invested. The adjacent study hall which had been added by 1625 later became the Synagogue of Elijah the Prophet.[130]
Installation of the Chacham Bashi at the Ben Zakai Synagogue, 1893. According to legend, the synagogue stands on the site of the study hall of 1st-century sage, RabbanYochanan ben Zakai. The current building was constructed in 1610.

The Near East earthquake of 1759 destroys much of Safed killing 2000 people with 190 Jews among the dead, and also destroys Tiberias.

The disciples of the Vilna Gaon settled in the land of Israel almost a decade after the arrival of two of his pupils, R. Hayim of Vilna and R. Israel ben Samuel of Shklov. In all there were three groups of the Gaon's students which emigrated to the land of Israel. They formed the basis of the Ashkenazi communities of Jerusalem and Safed, setting up what was known as the Kollel Perushim. Their arrival encouraged an Ashkenazi revival in Jerusalem, whose Jewish community until this time was mostly Sephardi. Many of the descendants of the disciples became leading figures in modern Israeli society. The Gaon himself also set forth with his pupils to the Land, but for an unknown reason he turned back and returned to Vilna where he died soon after.

During the Peasants' Revolt under Muhammad Ali of Egypt's occupation, Jews were targeted in the 1834 looting of Safed and the 1834 Hebron massacre. By 1844,some sources report that Jews had become the largest population group in Jerusalem and by 1890 an absolute majority in the city.

Well not really, seems some Israelis disagree with you.

"Following 70 years of intensive excavations in the Land of Israel, archaeologists have found out: The patriarchs' acts are legendary, the Israelites did not sojourn in Egypt or make an exodus, they did not conquer the land. Neither is there any mention of the empire of David and Solomon, nor of the source of belief in the God of Israel. These facts have been known for years, but Israel is a stubborn people and nobody wants to hear about it.

This is what archaeologists have learned from their excavations in the Land of Israel: the Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not conquer the land in a military campaign and did not pass it on to the 12 tribes of Israel. Perhaps even harder to swallow is the fact that the united monarchy of David and Solomon, which is described by the Bible as a regional power, was at most a small tribal kingdom.

And it will come as an unpleasant shock to many that the God of Israel, Jehovah, had a female consort and that the early Israelite religion adopted monotheism only in the waning period of the monarchy and not at Mount Sinai. Most of those who are engaged in scientific work in the interlocking spheres of the Bible, archaeology and the history of the Jewish people - and who once went into the field looking for proof to corroborate the Bible story - now agree that the historic events relating to the stages of the Jewish people's emergence are radically different from what that story tells."---Zeev Herzog, professor of archaeology at The Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures at Tel Aviv University. Deconstructing the walls of Jericho

Oh, good grief, do I have to debunk this nonsense yet again? Most of this is drivel and you know it.

You never debunked it last time, apart from in your own fantasy world

Ottoman rule (1517–1917)

Key events

Key figures

"Following 70 years of intensive excavations in the Land of Israel, archaeologists have found out: The patriarchs' acts are legendary, the Israelites did not sojourn in Egypt or make an exodus, they did not conquer the land. Neither is there any mention of the empire of David and Solomon, nor of the source of belief in the God of Israel. These facts have been known for years, but Israel is a stubborn people and nobody wants to hear about it.

This is what archaeologists have learned from their excavations in the Land of Israel: the Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not conquer the land in a military campaign and did not pass it on to the 12 tribes of Israel. Perhaps even harder to swallow is the fact that the united monarchy of David and Solomon, which is described by the Bible as a regional power, was at most a small tribal kingdom.

And it will come as an unpleasant shock to many that the God of Israel, Jehovah, had a female consort and that the early Israelite religion adopted monotheism only in the waning period of the monarchy and not at Mount Sinai. Most of those who are engaged in scientific work in the interlocking spheres of the Bible, archaeology and the history of the Jewish people - and who once went into the field looking for proof to corroborate the Bible story - now agree that the historic events relating to the stages of the Jewish people's emergence are radically different from what that story tells."---Zeev Herzog, professor of archaeology at The Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures at Tel Aviv University. Deconstructing the walls of Jericho

OFF TOPIC DEFLECTION AND TROLLING is this what you are reduced to rat boy ?

And it is from 1999 so well out of date now

Ottoman rule (1517–1917)

Key events

Key figures

That is a bunch of Hasbara nonsense, that's why you won't provide a link. I don't link to Electronic Intifada, so please don't use information from Hasbara sites.

Ottoman rule (1517–1917)

Key events

Key figures

That is a bunch of Hasbara nonsense, that's why you won't provide a link. I don't link to Electronic Intifada, so please don't use information from Hasbara sites.

What a complete idiot you are as the link is provided and is shown at the top. No wonder you are losing support from everyone

You've completely missed the point. The Mufti in contention has zip to do with the events of 1913 covered in the film. Somehow, people fail to understand the film was not about WW2 but 1913.

You've completely missed the point. The Mufti in contention has zip to do with the events of 1913 covered in the film. Somehow, people fail to understand the film was not about WW2 but 1913.

I've not watched nor even heard of the film. In 1913 Hussieni was not Grand Mufti, Almed Faisal - cousin of Prince Faisal, the ruler of Syria, was the "Mufti," or governor. Remember this was Ottoman ruled at the time and Jerusalem was just part of Bilad ash-Sham. Palestine had no meaning, it was a regional name like "the plains" or "hill country," there has never been any such country.

Ottoman rule (1517–1917)

Key events

Key figures

Posting bullshit from a "bible myth" garbage website won't cut it. Try again, Achmed. :rofl:

Actually for seven hundred years there was no such thing as "Palestine" to the Ottomans. They called it Southern Syria and their maps confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back