"No, I ain't got a Case, but I got a John Deere."
The lawyer said, "No, I mean, do you have a grudge?" The farmer said,
"Yes, I got a grudge, that's where I parks the John Deere."
The lawyer said, "Does your wife beat you up or something?" The farmer
said, "No, we both get up at 4:30."
The lawyer said, "Is your wife a nagger?" The farmer said, "No, she's a
little white gal, but our last child was a nagger and that's why I wants
a dayvorce.

A West Virginia Dad took his teenage daughter in for a check up.

Doctor: How old is your Daughter?
HillBilly: 15
Doctor: Is she sexually Active?
HillBilly: She just sort of lays there, like her mother.

In some nations, that would be fact, not humor.

I often wonder if age in our nation should be discarded as a factor down to or up to some proven number based on maturity, intellect and age.

Seems some adults are far less qualified to be such than some 17 year olds.

Originally posted by NewGuy

you got that right, there are jsut some people who dont need to be procreating!

Q: What does a West Virginia virgin say?

A; "Get up off me, Daddy--you're crushin' my cigarettes!"

In some nations, that would be fact, not humor.

I often wonder if age in our nation should be discarded as a factor down to or up to some proven number based on maturity, intellect and age.

Interesting you would bring that up. I was thinking about that on the way to work, while listening to the Lex and Terry Morning Show (not necessarily safe for work). Anyway, they worship the Olson twins, who turn 18 in a few weeks. So they are throwing a huge Olson Twins birthday party in Las Vegas to celebrate their "legality."
However, in most states, the age of consensual sex is less than 18. In Washington, it's 16. In Hawaii, it's 14 (or was until very recently). In many southern states, it's 14-15. Why, then, is 18 considered the "legal" age?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Interesting you would bring that up. I was thinking about that on the way to work, while listening to the Lex and Terry Morning Show (not necessarily safe for work). Anyway, they worship the Olson twins, who turn 18 in a few weeks. So they are throwing a huge Olson Twins birthday party in Las Vegas to celebrate their "legality."
However, in most states, the age of consensual sex is less than 18. In Washington, it's 16. In Hawaii, it's 14 (or was until very recently). In many southern states, it's 14-15. Why, then, is 18 considered the "legal" age?

I was told, (and I don't believe it can be proven) that Mary and Joseph were supposed to be LESS than 17 when they hooked up. -It would then make an interesting note about our society and how we determine LEGAL if that were true.

I know we are getting way off the humor topic, but it really makes you wonder how logical our system is when the variables are so many.

I was told, (and I don't believe it can be proven) that Mary and Joseph were supposed to be LESS than 17 when they hooked up. -It would then make an interesting note about our society and how we determine LEGAL if that were true.

I know we are getting way off the humor topic, but it really makes you wonder how logical our system is when the variables are so many.

It was a difference culture and many marriages were arranged by the parents. There was also the fact that a couple saw marriage as forever, rather than the divorce ridden society we have now. In today's society, we have deemed that children can't make that kind of decision by themselves until they're 16 or 18, dependant on the state. It's still o.k. with parental permission, but 14 is a bit early to be picking a soul mate.

Forum List

Back