Hillary won the popular vote ... so???

What would have happened if the rules in the last election were switched to popular vote?

• Hillary would still have won by the exact same 3 million popular vote margin

• Trump would have run a different campaign and won the popular vote

• It still would have been close, but there's no way to know who would have won

Results are only viewable after voting.
You hear this from leftists all the time. It's irrelevant because that isn't how Presidential elections are run according to the Constitution. But this thread isn't about that. This thread is about how it's still irrelevant because:

1) Voters know if their candidate has a chance in their State. There are tens of millions of Republicans in California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland and other deep blue States who knew Trump had no chance. And there are millions of Democrats in deep red States. Three million is a small margin, there is no way to know who would have shown up or how they would have voted if we had different rules. Many Republicans voted for Gary Johnson (I know many of them) or didn't show up. And many leftists voted for Jill Stein or didn't show up

2) Neither Hillary nor Trump would have run the campaign they did if the election had different rules. That was decisive in this election as Trump won because he focused more on the light blue States in the Midwest than Hillary. Something he'd have never done if the rules were the popular vote

So Democrats, are you just lying or are you actually so stupid you really don't grasp this?
I don't think it is stupidity...entirely. They like to spout this popular vote line because they hear it so often from the D Party media.

Since we've clearly established that CA Gov. Jerry Brown doesn't believe in following the rules, it's highly possible that many of the extra 2.8 million votes Hillary got after Trump won the election were illegally manufactured.

Yeah, there's also a possibility we could get slammed with a ten mile wide asteroid tomorrow and it's just as probable as your loony conspiracy theory.
It's less likely that the Sanctuary state of California that thinks it can get away with murder, wasn't counting illegals votes for days after the election was decided so they could use this fake popular vote argument against Trump. Funny, how states like CA, OR, CO, and WA all have decided that elections aren't needed anymore. They just issue absentee ballots and mail-in ballots to everyone so they won't need to have their I.D.s checked anymore to make sure they're legal residents.This totally removes the need for citizenship in our elections.

Last edited:
You hear this from leftists all the time. It's irrelevant because that isn't how Presidential elections are run according to the Constitution. But this thread isn't about that. This thread is about how it's still irrelevant because:

1) Voters know if their candidate has a chance in their State. There are tens of millions of Republicans in California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland and other deep blue States who knew Trump had no chance. And there are millions of Democrats in deep red States. Three million is a small margin, there is no way to know who would have shown up or how they would have voted if we had different rules. Many Republicans voted for Gary Johnson (I know many of them) or didn't show up. And many leftists voted for Jill Stein or didn't show up

2) Neither Hillary nor Trump would have run the campaign they did if the election had different rules. That was decisive in this election as Trump won because he focused more on the light blue States in the Midwest than Hillary. Something he'd have never done if the rules were the popular vote

So Democrats, are you just lying or are you actually so stupid you really don't grasp this?
I don't think it is stupidity...entirely. They like to spout this popular vote line because they hear it so often from the D Party media.

Democrats aren't entirely stupid because they're repeating things they don't really understand? Hmm ... sounds like you're supporting that they're stupid ...

Point is....the popular vote didn't matter in the election. That's not how our presidential election is decided.
But then again.....Democrats don't give a flying fuck about rules...especially when they lose.
Rules only apply to their opponents.

Since we've clearly established that CA Gov. Jerry Brown doesn't believe in following the rules, it's highly possible that many of the extra 2.8 million votes Hillary got after Trump won the election were illegally manufactured.

Yeah, there's also a possibility we could get slammed with a ten mile wide asteroid tomorrow and it's just as probable as your loony conspiracy theory.

Wow, that's a terrible analogy. I mean it's the worst. Mudwhistle was talking about something that actually happened and we don't know how many illegals voted in the election. You equated that with something that is very unlikely to happen at all in our lifetime much less "tomorrow."

Given the size of California and their policy of giving the rights of citizens to illegal aliens, 2.8 million is pretty likely in California alone

It's less likely that the Sanctuary state of California that thinks it can get away with murder, wasn't counting illegals votes for days after the election was decided so they could use this fake popular vote argument against Trump. Funny, how states like CA, OR, CO, and WA all have decided that elections aren't needed anymore. They just issue absentee ballots and mail-in ballots to everyone so they won't need to have their I.D.s checked anymore making sure they're legal residents.

For Democrats, the "rules" constantly change, and it's always in their favor

Democrats aren't entirely stupid because they're repeating things they don't really understand? Hmm ... sounds like you're supporting that they're stupid ...
yeah...they merely mimic what their media leaders tell them. Somehow they believe the lying talking heads with an over-the-top bias for Democrats, will tell them the truth.

Look at Rachel Maddow. She is a shill for corporatism, militarism, crony capitalism, and crazy left wing causes...but always supports big government statism. Some of us can clearly see she is not to be trust, but others think she is great.

yeah...they merely mimic what their media leaders tell them. Somehow they believe the lying talking heads with an over-the-top bias for Democrats, will tell them the truth.

Look at Rachel Maddow. She is a shill for corporatism, militarism, crony capitalism, and crazy left wing causes...but always supports big government statism. Some of us can clearly see she is not to be trust, but others think she is great.

I watch her sometimes because she cracks me up. We were a Nielsen family for a couple years, meaning they monitored us for ratings. We represented 10K people. My oldest daughter kept getting mad at me for watching Maddow and "giving her ratings." I was like, but she's so funny. My daughter didn't see it that way. She kept turning on Fox to balance me out

I second the motion. Motion carried... Liberals are stupid.

Hillary didn't win anything.

She lost the election.

If you were to add the caveat that the popular vote should be limited to citizens of this country and predicated upon the notion of one person, one vote, I'd say it would have probably been close to a draw.

She lost the election.

I smiled just reading that.

I always smile when I type:

Hitlary lost...

giphy.gif

Hitlary lost...

giphy.gif

Hitlary lost...

giphy.gif

Hitlary lost...

tWTBQDq.gif

Hitlary lost...

tumblr_oaio0kk1eU1v4drc7o1_500.gif

Hitlary lost...

tumblr_m9tdt6a5ih1qfc8cw.gif

Hitlary lost...

tenor.gif

I could do this all fuckin day...

Nonsense. 30 out of 50 states voted for Trump. Only 20 voted for Hillary. One region can not decide for an entire country, thus why the electoral college was put in place.
She lost even though she received three million more votes. If the Republicans want to pretend that the EC vote gives them some kind of mandate, right in the face of the popular vote, that's up to them. You'd think they would realize that losing the popular vote should at least be a mitigating consideration, but that has not happened.

The next elections are coming up, and we'll see how that worked out for them.

Don't remeber the bit that said 'all regions will be created equally', pretty sure it say all people.

She lost the election.

You know I said that, right?

Nonsense. 30 out of 50 states voted for Trump. Only 20 voted for Hillary. One region can not decide for an entire country, thus why the electoral college was put in place.
She lost even though she received three million more votes. If the Republicans want to pretend that the EC vote gives them some kind of mandate, right in the face of the popular vote, that's up to them. You'd think they would realize that losing the popular vote should at least be a mitigating consideration, but that has not happened.

Don't remeber the bit that said 'all regions will be created equally', pretty sure it say all people.

You don't know how to use quote marks? Isn't that middle school level English?

BTW, hint. They aren't called paraphrase marks ...

She lost the election.

I smiled just reading that.

I always smile when I type:

Hitlary lost...

giphy.gif

Hitlary lost...

giphy.gif

Hitlary lost...

giphy.gif

Hitlary lost...

tWTBQDq.gif

Hitlary lost...

tumblr_oaio0kk1eU1v4drc7o1_500.gif

Hitlary lost...

tumblr_m9tdt6a5ih1qfc8cw.gif

Hitlary lost...

tenor.gif

I could do this all fuckin day...

Remembering that no matter what happens, Hillary will never be President. Yes, that does bring a smile to the lips

If you were to add the caveat that the popular vote should be limited to citizens of this country and predicated upon the notion of one person, one vote, I'd say it would have probably been close to a draw.

Three million? Trump probably would have won. Democrats know that too, which is why they reflexively oppose every attempt to reduce election fraud

So you actually believe that either who voted or how they voted would have been different with different rules. Never mind my criticizing your English comprehension, obviously you're maxing out your intellectual ability

Forum List

Back