Hillary was awarded 3 delegates by coin toss!

Sanders and Clinton will split Iowa’s delegates.
Iowa’s 44 Democratic national convention delegates will be distributed almost evenly among the two candidates. Early Tuesday morning, the Associated Press reported that Clinton had captured at least 22 delegates and Sanders had secured 21.
Link, if you please.

The links are embedded in the text.

"delegates" and "reported".

There were over a dozen coin tosses. Hillary got 6 called for her.

The coin tosses were used when the candidates tied, For example if they tied over A group of five delegates they each got two and flipped for the delegate that couldn't be split in two.

It isn't rocket science. Unless you are a Republican.

Awesome thread!

Sanders and Clinton will split Iowa’s delegates.
Iowa’s 44 Democratic national convention delegates will be distributed almost evenly among the two candidates. Early Tuesday morning, the Associated Press reported that Clinton had captured at least 22 delegates and Sanders had secured 21.
Link, if you please.

The links are embedded in the text.

"delegates" and "reported".
Actually, no. The quote is from a later report. (Today) I looked up the headline and couldn't find it.

I just now learned - by using the language in the quote, it was from Think Progress.

"Iowa’s 44 Democratic national convention delegates will be distributed almost evenly " - Google Search

[They didn't. The calls for heads / tails winner differed in different places.

Unman is so clueless/

So you claim the odds of correctly calling the correct side 6 times consecutively are better than the coin falling on the same side 6 times in a row?

:eek:

No, the odds are actually exactly the same.

1/64.

I already demonstrated that isn't correct. But still your buddy PPV claims it makes a difference...
No, I didn't. Liar. I was pointing out to the Doc it was not called for the same face in each toss. (some reports say it was called heads each time) to his comment:

"There was no "streak" - Hillary's campaign won 6 different coin tosses in 6 different places. There's no reason to believe that all of those coins landed on the same face, either."

And you demonstrated nothing -- other than you are window-licking retarded.

They didn't. The calls for heads / tails winner differed in different places.

Sure sploogy

You said nothing of the kind... :eusa_whistle:

The coin tosses were used when the candidates tied, For example if they tied over A group of five delegates they each got two and flipped for the delegate that couldn't be split in two.

Awesome thread!
Everything I have read said there were seven coin tosses. Can you provide evidence there were "over a dozen?"

[They didn't. The calls for heads / tails winner differed in different places.

Unman is so clueless/

So you claim the odds of correctly calling the correct side 6 times consecutively are better than the coin falling on the same side 6 times in a row?

1/64.

I already demonstrated that isn't correct. But still your buddy PPV claims it makes a difference...
No, I didn't. Liar. I was pointing out to the Doc it was not called for the same face in each toss. (some reports say it was called heads each time) to his comment:

"There was no "streak" - Hillary's campaign won 6 different coin tosses in 6 different places. There's no reason to believe that all of those coins landed on the same face, either."

Sure sploogy

^ Not content to proudly display how skullfuckingly poor his math skills are, Uncens shines a red blinking light on his comprehension skills.

Waydda go, Un-man.

Awesome thread!
Everything I have read said there were seven coin tosses. Can you provide evidence there were "over a dozen?"
OK, Ravi -- I just saw this:

Was the Iowa Caucus Decided by Coin Flips?

"The Democratic caucuses in Iowa on Monday were so close that more than a dozen delegates were awarded based on coin flips.

How many is not exactly clear—the state party doesn’t track all the games of chance that occur as part of the complex process for divvying up delegates at hundreds of caucus sites across the state. But despite initial reports that Hillary Clinton had improbably run the table, it appears that Bernie Sanders won a sizable share of coin tosses as well, according to information provided on Tuesday by the state Democratic Party."

Awesome thread!
I heard it driving on All Things Considered

1/64.

Sure sploogy

^ Not content to proudly display how skullfuckingly poor his math skills are, Uncens shines a red blinking light on his comprehension skills.

Waydda go, Un-man.

Actually sploogy, i linked to Dr. Dobbs, who is slightly known, to explain it.

But you go on gloating about, um, well whatever it is you're gloating about.

I'm just here to laugh at you morons cheering what is obvious corruption.

1/64.

Sure sploogy

Waydda go, Un-man.

Actually sploogy, i linked to Dr. Dobbs, who is slightly known, to explain it.

But you go on gloating about, um, well whatever it is you're gloating about.

I'm just here to laugh at you morons cheering what is obvious corruption.
Is Dr. Dobbs related to Dr. Phil? Lol

Games of chance have been included in the Democratic caucus rules “forever,” said Norm Sterzenbach, a former executive director of the state part who oversaw the nominating contests in 2008 and 2012. “It happens, but it’s not frequent,” he said in an interview on Tuesday afternoon. They usually occur when calculations for electing delegates to the county convention result in an extra delegate that can’t be assigned to one candidate by rounding. The county delegates are distinct from the “state delegation equivalents,” which is what the party uses to determine how many delegates each candidates secures for the national convention in Philadelphia. Clinton finished with 700.59 state delegate equivalents to 696.82 for Sanders, yet because county delegates are worth a “tiny fraction” of the state delegates, Sterzenbach said he could say “with absolute certainty” that the coin flips did not determine the outcome in Iowa.

Was the Iowa Caucus Decided by Coin Flips?

Awesome thread!
I heard it driving on All Things Considered

where is tim russert when you need him? :cry:

i think from everything i've read, there is some confusion regarding the number delegates at stake within a number of coin tosses...

Iowa Caucus Coin Toss

Update: The initial 6-for-6 report, from the Des Moines Register missed a few Sanders coin-toss wins. (There were a lot of coin tosses!) The ratio of Clinton to Sanders wins was closer to 50-50, which is what we'd expect.

Here’s just how unlikely Hillary Clinton’s 6-for-6 coin-toss victories were

In fact, there were at least a dozen tiebreakers — and "Sen. Sanders won at least a handful," an Iowa Democratic Party official told NPR.

Coin-Toss Fact Check: No, Coin Flips Did Not Win Iowa For Hillary Clinton

Gone unmentioned so far is that even if Clinton won that Miracle Six — and there were no other coin tosses — it would make little difference in the outcome. That is, in part, because of the complicated way Iowa Democrats allocate their delegates — and what was being reported on election night and what wasn't.

Given the closeness of the race and the complexity of the caucus system, you'd be forgiven for assuming that Clinton earned her four-delegate statewide margin with six delegates earned via coin toss. But she didn't. The Iowa caucus process is thoroughly complicated, from start to finish. What matters here is that the delegates that were won with the coin toss were not actual convention delegates but county delegates. The tally that Clinton won by four delegates was "state delegate equivalents," a calculation that estimates how many delegates to the state Democratic convention will result from each side's winning enough county delegates.

Update: The initial 6-for-6 report, from the Des Moines Register missed a few Sanders coin-toss wins. (There were a lot of coin tosses!) The ratio of Clinton to Sanders wins was closer to 50-50, which is what we'd expect.

Here’s just how unlikely Hillary Clinton’s 6-for-6 coin-toss victories were

In fact, there were at least a dozen tiebreakers — and "Sen. Sanders won at least a handful," an Iowa Democratic Party official told NPR.

Coin-Toss Fact Check: No, Coin Flips Did Not Win Iowa For Hillary Clinton

Gone unmentioned so far is that even if Clinton won that Miracle Six — and there were no other coin tosses — it would make little difference in the outcome. That is, in part, because of the complicated way Iowa Democrats allocate their delegates — and what was being reported on election night and what wasn't.

Given the closeness of the race and the complexity of the caucus system, you'd be forgiven for assuming that Clinton earned her four-delegate statewide margin with six delegates earned via coin toss. But she didn't. The Iowa caucus process is thoroughly complicated, from start to finish. What matters here is that the delegates that were won with the coin toss were not actual convention delegates but county delegates. The tally that Clinton won by four delegates was "state delegate equivalents," a calculation that estimates how many delegates to the state Democratic convention will result from each side's winning enough county delegates.
So a Iowa Democrat operative told NPR that there were a dozen coin tosses and Bernie won about five. Sounds like bullshit.

Forum List

Back