Hillary: 'I Made A Mistake' In Voting For The Iraq War

After days of Republican presidential candidates wrestling with questions on the Iraq war, Hillary Clinton weighed in Tuesday, telling reporters that her vote in favor of the war in 2002 was a “mistake.”

“I made it very clear that I made a mistake, plain and simple. And I have written about it in my book, I have talked about it in the past,” Clinton told reporters at an event in Cedar Falls, Iowa, adding that “what we now see is a very different and very dangerous situation.”

In her comments Tuesday she made clear that she viewed her past vote as a mistake, with no qualifications.

Read more: Hillary Clinton says her Iraq vote was a mistake - POLITICO

Now, when will the Bushes admit the same mistake?
A mistake? She deserves as much wrath as bush.

No, she doesn't - because she didn't intentionally lie. Bush lied and pulled the trigger on Iraq.

Yes she did, she didn't pull the trigger but she backed her husband and Bush on the Iraq intelligence. So if Bush lied, she lied.

After days of Republican presidential candidates wrestling with questions on the Iraq war, Hillary Clinton weighed in Tuesday, telling reporters that her vote in favor of the war in 2002 was a “mistake.”

“I made it very clear that I made a mistake, plain and simple. And I have written about it in my book, I have talked about it in the past,” Clinton told reporters at an event in Cedar Falls, Iowa, adding that “what we now see is a very different and very dangerous situation.”

In her comments Tuesday she made clear that she viewed her past vote as a mistake, with no qualifications.

No, she doesn't - because she didn't intentionally lie. Bush lied and pulled the trigger on Iraq.

Yes she did, she didn't pull the trigger but she backed her husband and Bush on the Iraq intelligence. So if Bush lied, she lied.

So what? President Bush invaded Iraq - not the Clintons. Bush "manipulated" the intelligence to support his agenda.

So what? President Bush invaded Iraq - not the Clintons. Bush "manipulated" the intelligence to support his agenda.

I have had this argument with you nutters over and over and you nut jobs are like the birthers, and the Bush stole the election idiots. Both Clinton's believed saw and knew the intelligence and confirmed it. So all your blather means squat. You want to continue a lie, I'll continue to call you on it.

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members...

It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well, effects American security.

This is a very difficult vote, this is probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make. Any vote that might lead to war should be hard, but I cast it with conviction."

Senator Hillary Clinton (Democrat, New York)
Addressing the US Senate
October 10, 2002

Last edited:
"There is a very easy way to prevent anyone from being put into harm's way, and that is for Saddam Hussein to disarm, and I have absolutely no belief that he will. I have to say that this is something I have followed for more than a decade.

For now nearly 20 years, the principal reason why women and children in Iraq have suffered, is because of Saddam's leadership.

The very difficult question for all of us, is how does one bring about the disarmament of someone with such a proven track record of a commitment, if not an obsession, with weapons of mass destruction.

I ended up voting for the Resolution after carefully reviewing the information and intelligence I had available, talking with people whose opinions I trusted, trying to discount political or other factors that I didn't believe should be in any way a part of this decision, and it is unfortunate that we are at the point of a potential military action to enforce the resolution. That is not my preference, it would be far preferable if we had legitimate cooperation from Saddam Hussein, and a willingness on his part to disarm, and to account for his chemical and biological storehouses.

With respect to whose responsibility it is to disarm Saddam Hussein, I do not believe that given the attitudes of many people in the world community today that there would be a willingness to take on very difficult problems were it not for United States leadership. And I am talking specifically about what had to be done in Bosnia and Kosovo, where my husband could not get a Security Council resolution to save the Kosovar Albanians from ethnic cleansing. And we did it alone as the United States, and we had to do it alone. It would have been far preferable if the Russians and others had agreed to do it through the United Nations -- they would not. I'm happy that, in the face of such horrible suffering, we did act."

Senator Hillary Clinton (Democrat, New York)
During a meeting with "Code Pink" at the US Capitol
March 6, 2003

Last edited:
Flip Flopper.
At least she will admit when she is wrong.
No. She says she's wrong when she knows her earlier decision was unpopular. Did she admit she was wrong when she claimed to be under sniper attack? Did she admit she was wrong when she said she couldnt run 2 email accounts from 2 devices (and she had two devices)?
She isnt admitting to being wrong. She is admitting she made an unpopuilar decision and now wants to erase it by apologizing so rubes like you will think highly of her. Smart people know better.
I said that she admitted that she was wrong, I did not say I thought highly of her, or that I would even vote for her.
Speaking of voting, what loser do you think you will back this time?

Do you mail in your vote?
Yes

I have had this argument with you nutters over and over and you nut jobs are like the birthers, and the Bush stole the election idiots. Both Clinton's believed saw and knew the intelligence and confirmed it. So all your blather means squat. You want to continue a lie, I'll continue to call you on it.

Did the Clintons invade Iraq?

Not the point, the point is they had access to the info and both validated the reports as true. Hillary voted to move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the point, the point is they had access to the info and both validated the reports as true. Hillary voted to move forward.

Actually, it's very much the point. When Congress authorized Bush to use military force in Iraq, it was based on Bush saying that he would only use military force as a last resort. Then, he ordered weapons inspectors out of Iraq and invaded.

Did anybody get to vote for Clinton's little war in Bosnia while the freaking 9-11 terrorists were attending flight school in the U.S? The thing that democrats don't seem to understand is that once you vote for "boots on the ground" and commit to American Troops in combat you don't get to take back the vote and engage in treason and undermine the mission. Harry Reid should have been perp walked to jail in handcuffs when he tried to impact the morale of the Troops and the American people by saying "the war is lost" just before the Troop Surge. The democrat operatives who chipped in to purchase a full page ad in the NY Times ($10,000 a pop) calling the commander of U.S. Troops in combat "betray-us" should have been arrested for giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

...Now, when will the Bushes admit the same mistake?
Doesn't matter.

Shrub isn't running.

We don't need anyone with that kind of cloud over her head, running the country.

Time for somebody without that (and a lot of other) baggage, to get a turn at the wheel.

Actually, it's very much the point. When Congress authorized Bush to use military force in Iraq, it was based on Bush saying that he would only use military force as a last resort. Then, he ordered weapons inspectors out of Iraq and invaded.
^^^
Another lie.

^^^
Another lie.

No, sparky, those are well-documented facts.

^^^
Another lie.

No sparky, you are lying again. Do you every get dizzy with your spinning?

^^^
Another lie.
It doesn't matter how many times you repeat your lie, its still a lie.

Forum List

Back