Hillary: I am a better candidate to beat McCain

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
WASHINGTON: Fresh from a resounding victory over rival Barack Obama in the crucial Pennsylvania Democratic primary, Hillary Clinton on Wednesday claimed she is the "stronger" of the two candidates to defeat presumptive Republican nominee John McCain in November's presidential poll.

Basking in her win with a solid ten percentage point margin over Obama, that gave the former first lady the much needed momentum to keep her presidential bid alive, Clinton said she has the broad support of the electoral college needed to re-enter the White House.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...o_beat_McCain_Hillary/articleshow/2976476.cms

You know, I think she's gonna take this to Denver and win the damn thing. She'll more than likely have the popular vote and the big states and Obama has no message plus a few albatrosses hanging around his neck.

Think of her what you like, she's certainly a fighter.

Pretty admirable, IMO.

She's supposedly set to raise 10 million in 24 hours.

an albatross like her vote for invading iraq?

fuck hillary clinton.

Nobody votes on war.

I looked it up. We didn't officially declare war against Saddam or against terror, but both come under the heading "military engagements authorized by Congress."

I don't see the difference between declaration of war and authorization of fighting. It means the same thing. That's why they're called "wars" regardless.

yea.. spin that dradle.

:rolleyes:

Hilary clinton is going to let her own hubris cost America another 4 years. Like I said, fuck hilary clinton.

you suckers can believe what you need to but the fact still remains that the giant clusterfuck war of Bush the junior was facilitated by a congress in which her very own vote allowed a green light. There is no polishing that turd. She uses politiking of the day much like a sailer uses a sail. I don't let pieces of shit in my own party off the hook so easy. Maybe you wold be better served in the republican party where gladhanding teammates is par for the course.

Bless her black heart!

Clintons have never been adverse to making the US suffer for their egos....and their pocket books. Though in this case, it actually is working for us.

yea.. spin that dradle.

Hilary clinton is going to let her own hubris cost America another 4 years. Like I said, fuck hilary clinton.

you suckers can believe what you need to but the fact still remains that the giant clusterfuck war of Bush the junior was facilitated by a congress in which her very own vote allowed a green light. There is no polishing that turd. She uses politiking of the day much like a sailer uses a sail. I don't let pieces of shit in my own party off the hook so easy. Maybe you wold be better served in the republican party where gladhanding teammates is par for the course.

I just converted after the primary.

:)

yea.. spin that dradle.

Because certainly the fact that about half the party is supporting Hillary has no bearing and she should go away because the other half wants someone else.

How democratic.

Bless her black heart!

Clintons have never been adverse to making the US suffer for their egos....and their pocket books. Though in this case, it actually is working for us.

that does appear to be the case. However, she will never be what her husband was and with this futile effort, even if she does win, will stain the dems for a couple elections. To be honest, I can stomach 4 years of Mccain and will probably skip the general if she insists on taking her party down with her.

The dems can't be any more stained.

Da da da da da da da da da da da da....

That's "Hail to the Chief" for McCain.

Because certainly the fact that about half the party is supporting Hillary has no bearing and she should go away because the other half wants someone else.

How democratic.

HALF the party? my ass. Half the Penn. primary voters but certainly not half the party. And no, not just because the other half wants someone else. I'll give you two reasons that you can't avoid:

1. spin it however, it was votes like hers that allowed bush the jr to seek phantom WMDs and crete a clusterfuck war.

2. Having a bush or clinton in the white house since fucking 88, not to mention how far back the bush fam has been imbedded into old school, baby-boomer generation politics, only guarentees that we will be dealing with te same fucking talking points for another 4 years. lewinsky blowjobs, whitewater scandals and what amounts to a fucking apparent presidential BIRTHRIGHT won't do anything but further polarize the US after some of it's most vitriolic elections in 04 and 00.

Sorry, Clinton and Bush are not our Tudors and Stuarts.

The even split in the Democratic reflects the strength of our candidates, as well as a few other factors. Clinton started out with near universal name recognition, and presumptive front runner status. Obama has overcome that with phenomenal fundraising and fervent support from new voters, many of them young and inspired.

Despite the damage each has done the other in the past two months, the two remain statistically tied with McCain in most polls. This persists as McCain gets a free ride from his opposition and the media. Obama and Clinton get tough questions from the press; McCain gets (and this is literally true) donuts with sprinkles from the so-called liberal media.

This looks bad for Democrats only as long as the primaries persist. But McCain has significant vulnerabilities, including his lobbyist ties, temper, and truly dismal fund-raising. Once the campaign begins in earnest, and Democrats turn their efforts on McCain, he’ll be forced to explain his close ties to Bush/Cheney policies on the economy and the wars. When the free ride ends, he’ll have nowhere to go but down.

Nobody votes on war.

I looked it up. We didn't officially declare war against Saddam or against terror, but both come under the heading "military engagements authorized by Congress."

I don't see the difference between declaration of war and authorization of fighting. It means the same thing. That's why they're called "wars" regardless.

I disagree, strenuously. It leaves the legislators with an 'out', such as 'my vote for a resolution didn't mean what the executive took it to mean.' Nope, there are good reasons that the power to declare war rests with the legislature, they being the closest to 'the people.' They are cowards and it's in the nature of the executive to usurp power.

The even split in the Democratic reflects the strength of our candidates, as well as a few other factors. Clinton started out with near universal name recognition, and presumptive front runner status. Obama has overcome that with phenomenal fundraising and fervent support from new voters, many of them young and inspired.

Despite the damage each has done the other in the past two months, the two remain statistically tied with McCain in most polls. This persists as McCain gets a free ride from his opposition and the media. Obama and Clinton get tough questions from the press; McCain gets (and this is literally true) donuts with sprinkles from the so-called liberal media.

This looks bad for Democrats only as long as the primaries persist. But McCain has significant vulnerabilities, including his lobbyist ties, temper, and truly dismal fund-raising. Once the campaign begins in earnest, and Democrats turn their efforts on McCain, he’ll be forced to explain his close ties to Bush/Cheney policies on the economy and the wars. When the free ride ends, he’ll have nowhere to go but down.

We will see. Y'all should have nominated Biden. He runs circles around Clinton and Obama.

Nobody votes on war.

You looked it up?

You're welcome.

And, no, it isn't the same thing.

Forum List

Back