Hillary: I am a better candidate to beat McCain

Considering McCain has had 2 months or so to bring about the polls in his favor, while the press are treating him with kid gloves, Obama and Hillary are attacking each other and the RNC/McCain is also attacking them...and yet its still pretty much even in the polls says something about the electability of McCain.

Good luck with that...once the Democratic nominee is able to really focus on McCain, he will go down in a puff of smoke.

Considering McCain has had 2 months or so to bring about the polls in his favor, while the press are treating him with kid gloves, Obama and Hillary are attacking each other and the RNC/McCain is also attacking them...and yet its still pretty much even in the polls says something about the electability of McCain.

Good luck with that...once the Democratic nominee is able to really focus on McCain, he will go down in a puff of smoke.

Ha!

This is shaping up to be another 1968 McGovern special in Denver: riots, burning cars and whatnot.

No. I don't think so. The dems will get unified. None of us wants to see McCain in the white house, so most of us will get on board with whomever is the nominee.

It's kind of a right wing fantasy that it will still be fractured in November and I simply don't see it.

I thought McGovern ran in 1972. Is that what you're referring to?

This is shaping up to be another 1968 McGovern special in Denver: riots, burning cars and whatnot.

Nope, no draft. But thanks for reminding us that white people riot if it is important enough to them.

Have you seen the movie about them? It sounds pretty good.

No. I don't think so. The dems will get unified. None of us wants to see McCain in the white house, so most of us will get on board with whomever is the nominee.

It's kind of a right wing fantasy that it will still be fractured in November and I simply don't see it.

I thought McGovern ran in 1972. Is that what you're referring to?

They won't unify. They aren't unified now. Half of those voting have already said they're voting for McCain if their candidate doesn't get the nomination.

You guys are toast!

They won't unify. They aren't unified now. Half of those voting have already said they're voting for McCain if their candidate doesn't get the nomination.

You guys are toast!

I thought you were convinced that democrats are dishonest. Doesn't that mean you can't take them at their word?

McGovern came on after Kennedy was assassinated in 68 and split the party, jillian. Him and McCarthy went at it but Humphrey won the nomination. McGovern won the dem nom in 72 but 68 is known for the big dem rioting and car burning.

McGovern came on after Kennedy was assassinated in 68 and split the party, jillian. Him and McCarthy went at it but Humphrey won the nomination. McGovern won the dem nom in 72 but 68 is known for the big dem rioting and car burning.

If I recall correctly, Humphrey won the nomination without participating in a single primary and that's why people freaked out.

My old boss got tear-gassed at the '68 convention. He was very proud of that til the day he died. lol...

Stephen Colbert Larry King [1 of 4] 4/14/08

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rc1nRkQvYeM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rc1nRkQvYeM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

shit

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc1nRkQvYeM[/ame]

The idea of riots in Denver would be comical if it weren't so ludicrous. In 1968, anti-war candidate Eugene McCarthy faced Vice President Hubert Humphrey who was saddled with his boss's war. MLK and Bobby Kennedy had been murdered earlier that year, and riots were breaking out over the war and civil rights. The divisions then make the divisions today seem petty.

Without a draft, few people have a personal stake in the war. Those who want to end it don't see that goal as a matter of their own survival. I'm not sure what it would take to motivate the current generation to take to the streets; maybe another draft or collection of taxes sufficient to pay for Mr. Bush's War.

So dream on, Republicans. It's a long time to November. In January, we can begin the Second American Reconstruction with Clinton or Obama in the White House.

The idea of riots in Denver would be comical if it weren't so ludicrous. In 1968, anti-war candidate Eugene McCarthy faced Vice President Hubert Humphrey who was saddled with his boss's war. MLK and Bobby Kennedy had been murdered earlier that year, and riots were breaking out over the war and civil rights. The divisions then make the divisions today seem petty.

Without a draft, few people have a personal stake in the war. Those who want to end it don't see that goal as a matter of their own survival. I'm not sure what it would take to motivate the current generation to take to the streets; maybe another draft or collection of taxes sufficient to pay for Mr. Bush's War.

So dream on, Republicans. It's a long time to November. In January, we can begin the Second American Reconstruction with Clinton or Obama in the White House.

This group is not a Republican's dream, rather a Democrats nightmare, the really far left, (IE Ayers) coming home to claim their stake.

Forum List

Back