Higher Education????

AtlantaWalter

Nov 8, 2003
small cave outside Atlanta
Harvard Hates The White Race?
By Paul Craig Roberts

Is the multicultural campaign really about diversity? Or is it about stamping out Western civilization and the “white race” itself?

College students will tell you that a university education today is a guilt trip for whites. The purpose is to prevent whites from appreciating and absorbing their own culture and to make it difficult for whites to resist the unreasonable demands (quotas, reparations, etc.) from “people of color.”

To the questions, “who am I, what am I,” the white university graduate answers: “a racist, sexist, homophobic oppressor.”

Neither parents, trustees, alumni, nor the public are aware of the anti-white propaganda that masquerades as education. When someone who is aware tells them, they think the person is exaggerating in order to make a point.

Now comes Harvard educated Noel Ignatiev, an academic at Harvard’s W.E.B. DuBois Institute for African-American Research. Dr. Ignatiev is the founder of a journal, Race Traitor, which has as its motto, “treason to whiteness is loyalty to humanity.”

The journal’s purpose is “to abolish the white race.”

At the least, Dr. Ignatiev intends cultural and psychological genocide for whites. It is unclear whether physical extermination is part of the program. A statement by the editors on the web site says that the new abolitionists

“do not limit themselves to socially acceptable means of protest, but reject in advance no means of attaining their goal.”

Dr. Ignatiev does not believe his agenda is controversial. He writes:

“The goal of abolishing the white race is on its face so desirable that some may find it hard to believe that it could incur any opposition other than from committed white supremacists.” Thus does he put whites on notice. If they oppose their abolition, they are “white supremacists.”

According to Dr. Ignatiev,

“The key to solving the social problems of our age is to abolish the white race.”

“Make no mistake about it,” he says,

“we intend to keep bashing the dead white males, and the live ones, and the females too, until the social construct known as ‘the white race’ is destroyed--not ‘deconstructed’ but destroyed.”

What “social construct” will be left? A black one? An Hispanic one? Muslim? Asian? What about Jewish?

The Washington Times reports that Dr. Ignatiev is himself Jewish. If Jewish intellectuals and Israeli political leaders can be believed, Jews have a cultural and racial consciousness. Israel is the Jewish homeland, and Israelis seem determined to keep it that way. Can anyone imagine a gentile at an Israeli university founding a magazine devoted to abolishing the Jewish race?

Yet, Dr. Ignatiev believes that it is self-evident that whites in their homelands should be abolished.

Where did he get this view? His only education was at Harvard where he received two graduate degrees.

Is Harvard embarrassed? No. Dr. Ignatiev [[email protected]] is showcased in the current issue of Harvard Magazine. Getting rid of whiteness is not controversial at Harvard, because it is the business of American universities.

A white skin, you see, is a mark of privilege. It is not the privilege of being admitted to Harvard even though you don’t meet the entrance requirements. It is not the privilege of being hired independently of ability because of government enforced racial quotas. It is not the privilege of being able to sue whites and “white companies” if blacks are not proportionately represented in the work force. It is not the privilege of being able to call whites every name in the book and sue if a white replies in kind.

The privilege of being white is that whites can secretly believe they are superior and, as long as they don’t mention it, be loyal to the white race.

“The white race is like a private club,” says Dr. Ignatiev.

I am sure Dr. Ignatiev is well-informed, but I see no signs of this white loyalty. Most of the multiculturalists and radical feminists are white. Whites disadvantaged whites by imposing racial quotas. Despite widespread opposition to quotas, neither “white” political party will act to stop unconstitutional quotas, which have made a mockery of equality under law. Whites are inundated by massive non-white immigration, and neither “white” political party will act to restrain immigration. To the contrary, both parties pander to the immigrants.

But Dr. Ignatiev has an idea like Hitler. A race is guilty and must go. The communists said it was a guilty class that had to go.

If you thought genocide was left behind in the 20th century, be apprised that today genocide has a home in the educational system.

Abolish the White Race

"The good news is that there are now a host of writers and a growing number of courses and workshops designed to enlighten white people as to the real benefits and the great cost of their property in whiteness," writes former Harvard Law School professor Derrick Bell in his epilogue to When Race Becomes Real: Black and White Writers Confront Their Personal Histories, edited by Bernestine Singley, LL.M. '76 (Lawrence Hill Books, $26.95). Many of those engaged in this Herculean task are white, Bell notes, among them Noel Ignatiev, Ed.M. '85, Ph.D. '94, C.A.S. '95, author of How the Irish Became White and a fellow at the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute, who writes:

In the interests of survival, Afro-Americans have always studied whiteness. There is a long tradition among them that the white race is a peculiar sort of social formation, one that depends on its members' willingness to conform to the institutions and behavior patterns that reproduce it. By the early 1900s...it was becoming commonplace in the academy to speak of race, along with class and gender, as a social construct....

In addition to the notion of race as a social construct, [an old friend, John Garvey, and I] shared another, which we owed to the West Indian Marxist C.L.R. James: that ordinary Americans are drawn by the conditions of their lives in two opposite directions, one that mirrors and reproduces the present society of competition and exploitation, and another that points toward a new society based on freely associated activity. We believed that this internal antagonism played itself out as a civil war within the white mind, between the desire of whites to wall themselves off from black Americans and their desire to overcome the boundaries that kept them apart.

John and I decided that it was time to launch a journal to document that civil war. The result was Race Traitor, whose first issue appeared in the fall of 1992 with the slogan "Treason to whiteness is loyalty to humanity" on its cover. The aim was to chronicle and analyze the making, remaking, and unmaking of whiteness. My book on the Irish was the story of how people for whom whiteness had no meaning learned its rules and adapted their behavior to take advantage of them; Race Traitor was an attempt to run the film backwards, to explore how people who had been brought up as white might become unwhite....

The goal of abolishing the white race is on its face so desirable that some may find it hard to believe that it could incur any opposition other than from committed white supremacists. Of course we expected bewilderment from people who still think of race as biology. We frequently get letters accusing us of being "racists," just like the KKK, and have even been called a "hate group." ...

Our standard response is to draw an analogy with anti-royalism: to oppose monarchy does not mean killing the king; it means getting rid of crowns, thrones, royal titles, etc....

Every group within white America has at one time or another advanced its particular and narrowly defined interests at the expense of black people as a race. That applies to labor unionists, ethnic groups, college students, schoolteachers, taxpayers, and white women. Race Traitor will not abandon its focus on whiteness, no matter how vehement the pleas and how virtuously oppressed those doing the pleading. The editors meant it when they replied to a reader, "Make no mistake about it: we intend to keep bashing the dead white males, and the live ones, and the females too, until the social construct known as 'the white race' is destroyed—not 'deconstructed' but destroyed."

As Doc Holiday would say: "Kiss my Rebel ass"!!!!!

It needs to be said that this guy certianly doesn't represent the values of most educators. I had some great teachers, and none were WHACKJOBS like this guy. Some were better than others, but none preached bullshit like this. If they did, the PTA would have them removed pronto!

So I wholeheartedly disagree with the opening of this article:

"Is the multicultural campaign really about diversity? Or is it about stamping out Western civilization and the “white race” itself?

College students will tell you that a university education today is a guilt trip for whites. The purpose is to prevent whites from appreciating and absorbing their own culture and to make it difficult for whites to resist the unreasonable demands (quotas, reparations, etc.) from “people of color.”

To the questions, “who am I, what am I,” the white university graduate answers: “a racist, sexist, homophobic oppressor.” "

I feel no guilt. Responsibility, but not guilt. I have pride in my heritage.

Originally posted by AtlantaWalter
So, you hide your head in the sand, pretend the problem isn't there and leave it for your kids /grandkids to deal with.
I am not burying my head in the sand but I can no more control what that person writes or what Harvard teaches than I can the sun.

I don't read that filth and I don't teach it to my son. I teach my son the truth and make sure that anyone else teaching him espouses my views.

I also know that at no time in the future will he and his ilk be successful in completely getting rid of the white culture and race. We are way to prevalent, powerful and intelligent.

So, you hide your head in the sand, pretend the problem isn't there and leave it for your kids /grandkids to deal with.

So, you posted this article just so you could attack anyone who made any response to it? Wouldn't Moi's statement "my kid will never go to Harvard" entail her dealing with it, rather than her kid? What would be your solution to this, Atlanta?

And, I'm with NYCFlasher, I've had a lot of really great teachers, and I'm getting tired of everyone thinking I'm being brainwashed into liberalism or atheism or whatever because I'm in college. It must be really hard to be a hardworking teacher who teaches equality and kindness while obvious morons like the guy in this article get constant national coverage.

No, I posted this article to demonstrate the inequality that exists when it comes to the issues of race in this country. It's perfectly acceptable for a Harvard professor to put forth his ideas on destroying the white race but let a white professor take the opposite stand and all hell breaks loose because he is considered a racist.

Why should I feel guilty for what happened 100 or 200 years ago just because I am white? While it is true that I don't have to read his sick diatribe concerning the evils of the white race, it is equally true that I cannot ignore the fact that there are morons like him out there that wish to destroy my kind.

If I were the school he teaches at, I would remove him from his teaching position, but, in todays America, that would not be politically corect. I'd be considered a racist because I was attempting to censure his personal thoughts even though he teaches hatred and promotes the destruction of a large number of the U.S. population.

This is one of those situations where I would like to be able to show him what his life would have been like had there not been slavery. Instead of living in a fine house , driving a nice car, and teaching at Harvard, had his ancestors not been brought to America, he'd be running around the jungle right now trying to survive attacks from his own black brothers. I am not saying slavery was a benefit to him or his kind, but he needs to look at the life he would've had were he still in Africa.

Forum List

Back