Herschel Walker: ‘Why Are We Penalizing People for What Their Ancestors Did?’

The claim that reparations doesnt work is racism personified.
reparations would be a problem since we'd have to give Indians back their land and pray they would rent it back to us at affordable rents.
Sounds like you have a problem with giving things back your ancestors stole. Thats the problem with most whites.
I surrender, you are absolutely right. I never owned slaves, I had nothing to do with slavery and I didn't choose my race. You are absolutely right, us white folks are at all the fault all the time. I don't know WHY or how. I am sure you black pseudo intellectuals can fill in the blanks. You Always do.
You arent surrendering. Youre whining. The fact is that white people have a problem giving back what their ancestors stole. If youre claim is that its impossible or difficult youre just making excuses. Its not hard or complicated.
Actually we could start with the tax rolls beginning from the time when segregation and discrimination were legal in the U.S. I've seen several threads in just the last few days regarding studies that show that black property owners were deliberately assessed at inflated rates as opposed to whites.

To more thoroughly understand this though you would need some background on topics like redlining (loans denied), subprime lending (loans granted but at terms that are comparable to unlawful usary), black people having their taxes go to pay for schools for white kids while their children had their schools shut down for 5 years, etc.

Dr. Carol Andersen explains and analyzes all of this and more in her book "White Rage" (The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide). The book sheds light on why so many black people continue to raise the issue of institutional racism and why when we say that racism is woven into the fabric of society, it's due in large part, according to Dr. Andersen, to economics.
Robot Check
You realize time moves on? 99% of us (including YOU) aren't connected with slavery. Institutional racism is basically an anti white liberal thing.
Wrong. i am definitely still connected with slavery, racism and the racism that created and maintained this racist system in the US.

reparations would be a problem since we'd have to give Indians back their land and pray they would rent it back to us at affordable rents.
Sounds like you have a problem with giving things back your ancestors stole. Thats the problem with most whites.
I surrender, you are absolutely right. I never owned slaves, I had nothing to do with slavery and I didn't choose my race. You are absolutely right, us white folks are at all the fault all the time. I don't know WHY or how. I am sure you black pseudo intellectuals can fill in the blanks. You Always do.
You arent surrendering. Youre whining. The fact is that white people have a problem giving back what their ancestors stole. If youre claim is that its impossible or difficult youre just making excuses. Its not hard or complicated.
Actually we could start with the tax rolls beginning from the time when segregation and discrimination were legal in the U.S. I've seen several threads in just the last few days regarding studies that show that black property owners were deliberately assessed at inflated rates as opposed to whites.

To more thoroughly understand this though you would need some background on topics like redlining (loans denied), subprime lending (loans granted but at terms that are comparable to unlawful usary), black people having their taxes go to pay for schools for white kids while their children had their schools shut down for 5 years, etc.

Dr. Carol Andersen explains and analyzes all of this and more in her book "White Rage" (The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide). The book sheds light on why so many black people continue to raise the issue of institutional racism and why when we say that racism is woven into the fabric of society, it's due in large part, according to Dr. Andersen, to economics.
Robot Check
You realize time moves on? 99% of us (including YOU) aren't connected with slavery. Institutional racism is basically an anti white liberal thing.
Wrong. i am definitely still connected with slavery, racism and the racism that created and maintained this racist system in the US.
Ok you should pay reparations then. That's on you. Most of us aren't going to pay for something we never did too people we never met. If YOU feel so inclined, go for it, Charlie Brown. I won't stop YOU.

Whites already are penalizing all Black people. Its called racism.

And there is no black racism against whites?
Name one law, just one that Blacks have passed that penalized whites while benefiting Blacks.
He can't. Whites like these guys think criticism of what whites have actually done is racism.

Your racism is not in criticizing slavery or even modern day white racism. Your racism is in talking about "white" racism. You assign racism to the white race. You blame people for what other white people did - from yesterday all the way back to 1619 - because we have the same skin color as some people who did bad things. You're a racist, through and through.

Having lived and worked in the heart of the Bible belt for the past 35 + years, I've seen it first hand. You can't deny there's racism, magnified in the south- which is the heart of the GOP base - of course they'll play the race card.

It would have gone away if it wasn't still there.
I lived in the North 38 years
South 14 years and the North is way more racist and segregated then the south is today.

You cant deny there is huge anti-racism manifested in the $trillions spent/wasted on social welfare programs, affirmative action etc etc.

Actually, the racism in those programs is Democratic racism against black people. Democrats give black people a pittance on which to live rather than allow them to move into the left's social circles. The alternative, affirmative action, is Democrats telling black people that they're second class and cannot make it on their own.

Robot Check
No, it's not an "anti-white liberal thing". If you would quit focusing exclusively on slavery (as I've already explained in my first comment to this thread) and instead look at what's going on in the U.S. today, you should be able to understand and follow along with what we're explaining.

I looked this up specifically for you because I realize this is not intuitive, we had to learn about how this works ourselves:

"Structural racism is a complex, dynamic system of conferring social benefits on some groups and imposing burdens on others that results in segregation, poverty, and denial of opportunity for millions of people of color. It comprises cultural beliefs, historical legacies, and institutional policies within and among public and private organizations that interweave to create drastic racial disparities in life outcomes.​
Because structural racism operates invisibly, and is difficult to define succinctly except in abstract academic prose (like the preceding para-graph), the best way to convey a sense of what it is and how it functionsis by concrete examples.​
***Take the original exclusion of agricultural and domestic workers from eligibility for Social Security benefits in 1935. Because they could not collect old-age or unemployment benefits, fieldhands, sharecroppers, maids, and nannies -constituting the bulk of the black labor force in the New Deal South - were shut out from even the most modest opportunity that whites enjoyed for wealth accumulation and survival assistance in economic downturns.​
In this example, blacks were not explicitly excluded, but the proxy phrase 'agricultural and domestic workers' did the job effectively. Nor was this anomalous: African Americanswere excluded implicitly or through administrative fiat from all major NewDeal welfare programs, including the National Labor Relations Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the National Industrial Recovery Act, and the Agricultural Adjustment Act. This exclusion of African Americans from the opportunities offered by New Deal programs originated in traditional racism: the determination of powerful southern Democrats in the Senate to preserve the racial order of the Jim Crow South. But once set in motion, the structure of exclusion and discrimination operated automatically. Coupled with other examples of mid-century discrimination, such as overtly racist Federal Housing Administration mandates for segregation, New Deal policies stunted black wealth accumulation at the same time that they createda cornucopia of opportunity for whites. Though the nation moved slowly away from Jim Crow, the structure endured, as powerful as ever, even if no longer deliberately racist. The most effective agent perpetuating that structure has been the Supreme Court's refusal to recognize it.​
Structural racism may be familiar to some lawyers by its other name, institutional racism, thanks largely to Ian Haney L6pez's path breaking exploration of the problem in 2000. Haney-Lopez described the "unexamined social practices or patterns [that] at once structure and give meaning to human interaction," analyzing the practices of California Superior Court judges in selecting grand jurors, which resulted in a near-total exclusionof Chicanos. He found that the "unconsidered repetition of cognitively familiar routines," the "routinized sequences of behavior," structured social institutions (here, grand jury proceedings). Haney-Lopez examined "racial institutions," those "understanding of race ... within a community"that enable individuals to understand and explain reality. These beliefs in turn reinforce a racial hierarchy of status resulting in "social domination" by a superordinate group (Anglos) over a subordinated group (Chicanos).​
Eight characteristics distinguish structural racism from 'its traditional Jim Crow predecessor:​
  • Structural racism is to be found in racially-disparate outcomes, not invidious intent.
  • Structural racism ascribes race as a basis of social organization to groups through a process of "racialization."
  • " White advantage is just as important an outcome as black subordination, if not more so.
  • Structural racism is invisible and operates behind the illusion of colorblindness and neutrality.
  • Structural racism is sustained by a model of society that recognizesonly the individual, not the social group, as a victim of racial injustice. This individualist outlook refuses to acknowledge collective harm, group responsibility, or a right to collective redress.
  • The effects of structural racism are interconnected across multiple social domains (housing, education, medical care, nutrition, etc.).
  • Structural racism is dynamic and cumulative. It replicates itself over time and adapts seamlessly to changing social conditions.
  • Structural racism operates automatically and thus is perpetuatedsimply by doing nothing about it.
Let us briefly examine each of these in turn.
1. Outcome vs. Intent.-Structural racism is manifested in disparate out-comes between racial groups, not the intent of an alleged discriminator..."​

Robot Check

There are a good many people here, including the one you responded too - who grew up under legally mandated segregation. Who's parents had to work hard to shelter their kids as much as possible from the ugly realities of that system. Imagine...planning a cross country trip knowing that you can't count on hotels accepting you, or restaurants serving you. That is not a "anti white liberal thing" and it's entirely in the living memory of Americans today.

I did that's how I know cops kill proportionately more whites than blacks. Do you have any facts from your history books? Or are you content parroting BLM even when you know they are lying to you on assumption you are a fool who wont think on your own. ?

Cops kill more whites than blacks in total numbers. Proportionately, to the population, they kill more blacks. But IM2 doesn't like ratios or proportions - except the one that says blacks are killed more than whites - ignoring black crime rates, of course. Otherwise, he wants to talk only about totals, always about totals. Whites murder more whites than blacks murder whites.. Totals.. He says it's all that matters - until it doesn't matter.

Robot Check
No, it's not an "anti-white liberal thing". If you would quit focusing exclusively on slavery (as I've already explained in my first comment to this thread) and instead look at what's going on in the U.S. today, you should be able to understand and follow along with what we're explaining.

I looked this up specifically for you because I realize this is not intuitive, we had to learn about how this works ourselves:

"Structural racism is a complex, dynamic system of conferring social benefits on some groups and imposing burdens on others that results in segregation, poverty, and denial of opportunity for millions of people of color. It comprises cultural beliefs, historical legacies, and institutional policies within and among public and private organizations that interweave to create drastic racial disparities in life outcomes.​
Because structural racism operates invisibly, and is difficult to define succinctly except in abstract academic prose (like the preceding para-graph), the best way to convey a sense of what it is and how it functionsis by concrete examples.​
***Take the original exclusion of agricultural and domestic workers from eligibility for Social Security benefits in 1935. Because they could not collect old-age or unemployment benefits, fieldhands, sharecroppers, maids, and nannies -constituting the bulk of the black labor force in the New Deal South - were shut out from even the most modest opportunity that whites enjoyed for wealth accumulation and survival assistance in economic downturns.​
In this example, blacks were not explicitly excluded, but the proxy phrase 'agricultural and domestic workers' did the job effectively. Nor was this anomalous: African Americanswere excluded implicitly or through administrative fiat from all major NewDeal welfare programs, including the National Labor Relations Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the National Industrial Recovery Act, and the Agricultural Adjustment Act. This exclusion of African Americans from the opportunities offered by New Deal programs originated in traditional racism: the determination of powerful southern Democrats in the Senate to preserve the racial order of the Jim Crow South. But once set in motion, the structure of exclusion and discrimination operated automatically. Coupled with other examples of mid-century discrimination, such as overtly racist Federal Housing Administration mandates for segregation, New Deal policies stunted black wealth accumulation at the same time that they createda cornucopia of opportunity for whites. Though the nation moved slowly away from Jim Crow, the structure endured, as powerful as ever, even if no longer deliberately racist. The most effective agent perpetuating that structure has been the Supreme Court's refusal to recognize it.​
Structural racism may be familiar to some lawyers by its other name, institutional racism, thanks largely to Ian Haney L6pez's path breaking exploration of the problem in 2000. Haney-Lopez described the "unexamined social practices or patterns [that] at once structure and give meaning to human interaction," analyzing the practices of California Superior Court judges in selecting grand jurors, which resulted in a near-total exclusionof Chicanos. He found that the "unconsidered repetition of cognitively familiar routines," the "routinized sequences of behavior," structured social institutions (here, grand jury proceedings). Haney-Lopez examined "racial institutions," those "understanding of race ... within a community"that enable individuals to understand and explain reality. These beliefs in turn reinforce a racial hierarchy of status resulting in "social domination" by a superordinate group (Anglos) over a subordinated group (Chicanos).​
Eight characteristics distinguish structural racism from 'its traditional Jim Crow predecessor:​
  • Structural racism is to be found in racially-disparate outcomes, not invidious intent.
  • Structural racism ascribes race as a basis of social organization to groups through a process of "racialization."
  • " White advantage is just as important an outcome as black subordination, if not more so.
  • Structural racism is invisible and operates behind the illusion of colorblindness and neutrality.
  • Structural racism is sustained by a model of society that recognizesonly the individual, not the social group, as a victim of racial injustice. This individualist outlook refuses to acknowledge collective harm, group responsibility, or a right to collective redress.
  • The effects of structural racism are interconnected across multiple social domains (housing, education, medical care, nutrition, etc.).
  • Structural racism is dynamic and cumulative. It replicates itself over time and adapts seamlessly to changing social conditions.
  • Structural racism operates automatically and thus is perpetuatedsimply by doing nothing about it.
Let us briefly examine each of these in turn.​
1. Outcome vs. Intent.-Structural racism is manifested in disparate out-comes between racial groups, not the intent of an alleged discriminator..."​

This is where I wish for the "informative" rating - because it's a good explanation of something I don't really understand.

3 Jul 2020 ~~ By Hannah Bleau
NFL legend and Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker responded to the growing tensions across the country by appealing to the Bible, stressing the power of forgiveness and asking, “Why are we penalizing people for what their ancestors did?”
“I was reading the greatest book ever written, the Bible, and I read ‘But if you don’t forgive others, your Father will not forgive your offenses.’ – Matthew 6:15,” the NFL great wrote, appealing to the words of Jesus.
“Why are we penalizing people for what their ancestors did?” he asked. “Forgiveness doesn’t mean you get something in return.”

Comment:
Thank you Mr. Walker. Who in the #BLM will be the first to stand up to Mr. Walker? Recently he offered air fare to the destination of a persons choice that they find better than 'existing' in this TWSH! Takers? Didn't think so.
Why is #BLM accusing the sons and daughters of immigrants that came to America in the latter part of the 19 and 20th Centuries after slavery was abolished for the actions of people long turned to dust? Is it because all the other victim cards are played out or have been ignored?
Are we to condemn Adam Schiff for his great uncle Jacob Schiff that financed Trotskii (Antony Sutton "Wall Street and The Bolshevik Revolution") who crisscrossed Russia on the personal armored train to whip up communist fighters in the Russian Civil War after the Bolshevik power grab in October 1917? More than 30 million Russian, Polish, Ukranian, Latvian, Georgian, and Siberian Christians predominantly were liquidated in the red terror between the 1917 Revolution and WW2 started. Should Sciff apologize on behalf of the family's involvment for deaths and suffering caused by Communists?
All told Communist ideology has liquidated more than 200 million people and enslaved millions more over the span of a century. Should Adam Schiff be held responsible? I don't think so and neither do Americans of all color be responsible for those who came before them.
I can forgive and I have. Its the forgetting and the trusting that can no longer be done where I am concerned and to me, when the trust is gone, what reason is there to stick around any longer?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To answer the asked question, why are we penalizing people for what their ancestors did? The only answer that I have is that some of us are punished one way or another just by related to who it is that we share a DNA with. I sprang from the loins of a word that I can't say who jumped head first into several different swimming pools of sin and stayed in every last one of them for way too long. Since when is that alone a day at the beach no pun intended?

3 Jul 2020 ~~ By Hannah Bleau
NFL legend and Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker responded to the growing tensions across the country by appealing to the Bible, stressing the power of forgiveness and asking, “Why are we penalizing people for what their ancestors did?”
“I was reading the greatest book ever written, the Bible, and I read ‘But if you don’t forgive others, your Father will not forgive your offenses.’ – Matthew 6:15,” the NFL great wrote, appealing to the words of Jesus.
“Why are we penalizing people for what their ancestors did?” he asked. “Forgiveness doesn’t mean you get something in return.”

Comment:
Thank you Mr. Walker. Who in the #BLM will be the first to stand up to Mr. Walker? Recently he offered air fare to the destination of a persons choice that they find better than 'existing' in this TWSH! Takers? Didn't think so.
Why is #BLM accusing the sons and daughters of immigrants that came to America in the latter part of the 19 and 20th Centuries after slavery was abolished for the actions of people long turned to dust? Is it because all the other victim cards are played out or have been ignored?
Are we to condemn Adam Schiff for his great uncle Jacob Schiff that financed Trotskii (Antony Sutton "Wall Street and The Bolshevik Revolution") who crisscrossed Russia on the personal armored train to whip up communist fighters in the Russian Civil War after the Bolshevik power grab in October 1917? More than 30 million Russian, Polish, Ukranian, Latvian, Georgian, and Siberian Christians predominantly were liquidated in the red terror between the 1917 Revolution and WW2 started. Should Sciff apologize on behalf of the family's involvment for deaths and suffering caused by Communists?
All told Communist ideology has liquidated more than 200 million people and enslaved millions more over the span of a century. Should Adam Schiff be held responsible? I don't think so and neither do Americans of all color be responsible for those who came before them.
It goes further then that, my ancestors were in Europe, not yet here, the people wanting something might have had ancestors not even here and if they were there's a chance they are not in this discussion or even were victimizers rather then victims. But further then even that: those living today are not the ones owed restitutions by Judaic principles and values of Teshuva, it has to be done to the victims not the offspring of victims and done by the victimizer not the offspring of people who may or may not have victimized another human being.
And yet given this common sense reasoning the society has been making up for wrongs done to people whether their ancestors were involved or not, creating new injustices and reverse racism.
It's because people don't think with their minds, they only act on emotions. They can't grasp that sometimes you think something is the right thing to do, but it's not what's best or fair in the end. They also can't grasp action and reaction.
So their acts can cause more reactive problems then thet sought to solve. Example: protesting 1 black criminals life (INSTEAD OF ALLOWING JUSTICE PLAYED OUT) and creating 10x more INNOCENT BLACK LIVES TO BE SENSIBLY MURDERED in the process.
Hypocracy: protesting founding fathers occupying Native lands then turning around and occupying a section of a city illegally.
Then Protesting police brutality while policing your own illegally seized turf where you proceed to brutally beat the living daylight out of a thief.

I did that's how I know cops kill proportionately more whites than blacks. Do you have any facts from your history books? Or are you content parroting BLM even when you know they are lying to you on assumption you are a fool who wont think on your own. ?

Cops kill more whites than blacks in total numbers. Proportionately, to the population, they kill more blacks. But IM2 doesn't like ratios or proportions - except the one that says blacks are killed more than whites - ignoring black crime rates, of course. Otherwise, he wants to talk only about totals, always about totals. Whites murder more whites than blacks murder whites.. Totals.. He says it's all that matters - until it doesn't matter.
9 out of 44 unarmed men killed by cops in most recent year were black. If anything this shows black privilege and yet BLM knows white quilt and anti racism is so strong that they can use it to foment their anti-family Marxist revolution even after Marxism just killed 120 million innocent souls. Very sick.

I lived in the North 38 years
I was born in Brooklyn, NY, and grew up mostly in NE Ohio until I was 22 ( 1983 around )
There was racism in the 60's and 70's but nothing like the south , from my experience.
I guess it goes to show that killing the south in the War and events like Shermans march to the sea did not help their attitude toward blacks. Slow conservative change would have been much better for blacks and whites.

HUH??? system in USA is anti-racist and white guilt. USA spent $trillions in social programs, affirmative action etc to help blacks and that is true even after rioting and looting, and huge crime rate among blacks.

HUH??? system in USA is anti-racist and white guilt. USA spent $trillions in social programs, affirmative action etc to help blacks and that is true even after rioting and looting, and huge crime rate among blacks.
Show me just one social program that was specifically for Black people. After you do that lets compare the figures for all the freebies whites have received and total up their values. I will wait.

You can leave anytime you know, Somalia is lots of fun I hear
You can leave anytime as well. I hear Russia is lots of fun.
My Grandparents were all from Hungary......................

Where were yours from?
Go back to Hungary.
Why I love the USA, you are the one filled with hate and contempt
I love the US too. My issue is with the racist whites. I'm not going to leave it to them.
Are there any racist black people in the USA?
If you can show me where even one Black person passed a law benefiting Blacks while harming whites I would say yes there is at least one racist Black person.
LOLOL good luck wit dis one

Mr. Walker probably speaks for a lot of thoughtful African Americans who have used the opportunities now available to them to lead successful lives.

They have realized, as have other (current) minorities, that some of the people who have helped them the most in their lives have been Euro-Americans, not necessarily people of their "own kind."

I have NO doubt whatsoever that many African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans want Euro-Americans to continue to play a key role in running this country.

Correct Black people dont.

so are the black slave traders in Africa stepping up to compensate those they sold into slavery??
Thats a white boy fable. However I know officially Ghana is offering land. Unofficially they tell us not to believe white boy fables.
Sorry kid you are clearly in denial now.

The US is not in Africa. Didnt you take a geography class in school?
Jesus was not from America, I hate to break it to you
I know. He was made up in Rome. Yashua was Black like the Egyptians and Canaanites which is why they were frequently mistaken for each other. Dont you find it odd that if Jesus was real and white that sending him to Africa would make him more not less conspicuous?
Yea blacks and whites looked exactly like each other then........................

OKEEDOKEE

Is Santa Clause black too?

What about Mother Teresa, was she black too?
No they didnt look like each other. Even the Greeks talked about how amazing the Black people were.

Santa Clause is a pagan myth. St Nicholas was a Moor.

I believe Mother Teresa was a white Italian.
When you are able to see people instead of only color you may be able to find peace. As you are now you are trapped in hell and BLM has no power to free you so choose Christ

Last edited:
LOL Whitney Houston said she was from there, before she overdosed in her bathtub

Whitney Houston was Black so she may have come from there.
Do you ever want to chop off your hands because of your white palms
No. Do you ever want to suntan because youre pale?
The Sun creates health vitamin D levels, but you will never feel the warmth of the Son

21readers-jesus3-facebookJumbo.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back