Heroin use spreads to suburbia!

On a beautiful Sunday last October, Detective Dan Douglas stood in a suburban Minnesota home and looked down at a lifeless 20-year-old — a needle mark in his arm, a syringe in his pocket. It didn't that day.
The original photo for this article showed a Black addict using a syringe to inject something into one of his arms. That kind of imagery is misleading and trivializes the burgeoning presence of heroin in White suburbia. The photo I used depicts a scene more in line with the content of the article and is likely to attract the attention of readers who may be better suited to address the problem!
drug_addiction.jpg

"
Heroin is spreading its misery across America. And communities everywhere are indeed paying.
The death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman spotlighted the reality that heroin is no longer limited to the back alleys of American life. Once mainly a city phenomenon, the drug has spread — gripping postcard villages in Vermont, middle-class enclaves outside Chicago, the sleek urban core of Portland, Ore., and places in between and beyond.
An emerging surbuban reality like this can no longer be swept under the rug and ignored. People who have looked down their noses at Black heroin users may now be sticking straws in the nostrils of those noses when the wagon comes around.

My son has dabbled with pot as a high school teenager. He is now in his senior year and he said he isn't smoking it anymore because they are now lacing it with heroin to get kids addicted to heroin, and it's working. Very quickly, heroin is becoming the drug of choice in our suburb. The bad thing is that most of these kids getting hooked on it never intended to take it to begin with.
Have you ever wondered why 99.9% of the people who are given pure opioids in hospital do not become addicts?

I think you might want to do a little research on your numbers there. I think you'll find that actually a significant number of heroin addicts started out using prescription pain killers.

On the other hand, laced weed wouldn't make someone an addict.

What it does is provide a much better high compared to pot alone. When these kids get used to such a great high and then just smoke regular pot, guess what? They don't get as good of a high, so guess what? They then want the harder shit, and magically there is someone there willing to provide it to them.

well, expect it to get much worse. our savior Obama government is AGAIN going to restrict pain meds

SNIP:
DEA RESTRICTS NARCOTIC PAIN DRUG PRESCRIPTIONS
AUGUST 21, 2014WPENGINE

By Louise Radnofsky And Joseph Walker The Obama administration moved Thursday to restrict prescriptions of the most commonly used narcotic painkillers in the U.S. in an attempt to curb widespread abuse.
The Drug Enforcement Administration said it would reclassify hydrocodone combination drugs such as Vicodin and put them in the category reserved for medical substances with the highest potential for harm. The “rescheduling” means people will be able to receive the drugs for only up to 90 days without obtaining a new prescription.
The opioid pills are taken by millions of Americans, including after dental surgery, for back problems and broken bones. Currently the pills can be refilled up to five times and prescriptions can cover a 180-day period. The new classification will take effect in 45 days, the DEA said.
“Today’s action recognizes that these products are some of the most addictive and potentially dangerous prescription medications available,” said DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart.
The change means that, in most instances, patients will have to present to a pharmacy a prescription from a health-care provider and no longer can rely on a phoned or faxed-in one.

DEA Restricts Narcotic Pain Drug Prescriptions Industries News Press

well, expect it to get much worse. our savior Obama government is AGAIN going to restrict pain meds

SNIP:
DEA RESTRICTS NARCOTIC PAIN DRUG PRESCRIPTIONS
AUGUST 21, 2014WPENGINE

By Louise Radnofsky And Joseph Walker The Obama administration moved Thursday to restrict prescriptions of the most commonly used narcotic painkillers in the U.S. in an attempt to curb widespread abuse.
The Drug Enforcement Administration said it would reclassify hydrocodone combination drugs such as Vicodin and put them in the category reserved for medical substances with the highest potential for harm. The “rescheduling” means people will be able to receive the drugs for only up to 90 days without obtaining a new prescription.
The opioid pills are taken by millions of Americans, including after dental surgery, for back problems and broken bones. Currently the pills can be refilled up to five times and prescriptions can cover a 180-day period. The new classification will take effect in 45 days, the DEA said.
“Today’s action recognizes that these products are some of the most addictive and potentially dangerous prescription medications available,” said DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart.
The change means that, in most instances, patients will have to present to a pharmacy a prescription from a health-care provider and no longer can rely on a phoned or faxed-in one.

DEA Restricts Narcotic Pain Drug Prescriptions Industries News Press

"The Obama administration moved Thursday to restrict prescriptions of the most commonly used narcotic painkillers in the U.S. in an attempt to curb widespread abuse."

Key word abuse trailer dweller, there is a epidemic in this country of prescription drug abuse , Looks like you will have to find another way to get your drugs steph

I hear meth is big with your trailer park crowd

Last edited:
I grew up in the suburbs and a few people I went to high school with became addicted and died from heroin ODs. It's been in the suburbs for years now. The kids will go into the city to get it. Really sad when you see how a person changes from that drug.

We have heroin in the valley from the plush southeast to the harder west neighborhoods: drug that transcends race, age, sex, religion, culture.

]

auditor007 said:
I pretty much agree with that. The problem though is that high school kids still would not be able to buy pot legally even if it was legalized because the legal age will be 21.
Sorry if i gave the impression that legalization would mean juveniles could buy marijuana legally. That was not the message I intended to convey.

It is understood that the legal age to buy pot legally will likely be the same as for the sale of tobacco and alcohol. INHO, it is plausible to believe that kids are going to get marijuana anyway, just as they do alcohol and tobacco. However, with the shadowy dealers out of business it is reasonable to believe the heroin lacing will disappear.

Admittedly, that reasoning is faulty since kids may seek the more potent effects of laced marijuana, thereby giving surreptitious dealers and vendors an incentive to keep the heroin laced variety alive and booming!

I've been hoarding mine for such a day that I had a feeling was coming..........Just wait till big pharma has their day at lobbying to resume the sales and dispensary of the meds...

Forum List

Back