Herman Cain Calls for Creation of Third Party

The Republicans destroyed Cain in the primaries, and they'll destroy any of his third party attempts. Or they'll let it flow a bit, then jump in and take it over, as they did with the Tea party and libertarians.

(Yes, I'm aware some libertarians think that their party isn't a GOP shill organization. It's cute, how naive they are. They actually thought Gary Johnson was an independent.)

Rove had his last kick at the can. We had no option but to run with Romney. And kudos to the man and his family.

I'm not going to slag Romney. He's a good man. His family is drop dead wonderful. But the problem was from the get go you had Karl pulling the strings.

This...:clap2:

The Republicans destroyed Cain in the primaries, and they'll destroy any of his third party attempts. Or they'll let it flow a bit, then jump in and take it over, as they did with the Tea party and libertarians.

(Yes, I'm aware some libertarians think that their party isn't a GOP shill organization. It's cute, how naive they are. They actually thought Gary Johnson was an independent.)

Rove had his last kick at the can. We had no option but to run with Romney. And kudos to the man and his family.

I'm not going to slag Romney. He's a good man. His family is drop dead wonderful. But the problem was from the get go you had Karl pulling the strings.
He is NOT a good man. Were you not paying attention to the campaign and all the information that came out about this guy???

<snipped>

Cain said it was troubling that Mitt Romney received fewer votes than John McCain did in 2008 — suggesting that many conservatives did not vote on Tuesday.

<snipped>

I don't dislike Cain. However, I'm fed up with people who are numerically careless.

From Wikipedia:

McCain in 2008: 59,948,323, 45.65% of the vote

Romney in 2012: 60,861,683, 47.28% of the vote

That kind of carelessness with the numbers permeates rightwing talking points. It leads to serious errors and symbolizes the cognitive disconnect which is turning people away from the right.

I'm not saying the Democrats aren't similarly careless. Obama is a terrible offender in that department. But Obama wins hands down in the fluffy touchy feely stuff. We can't get away with what he does. If we want to convince people that we have good ideas for the economy and other practical areas of the government, the vocal people on our side need to start being more careful with the easily checkable facts.

I disagree, and find him a bit distant and cold. He's no Bill Clinton in that regard. Even Bush was better at it than Obama.

The problem is that Romney is such a robot, Obama is practically Mr. Emotion compared to him.

The way Obama wins in that area is by being the master of the strawman. Talking about how he's not like the Republicans who want to destroy the planet and throw families onto the street.

Distant and cold and deceptive. It's amazing how he gets away with it, but somehow he does. It's a surreal phenomenon.

That's why we need to up our game and be more disciplined with the facts than we have been.

He is NOT a good man. Were you not paying attention to the campaign and all the information that came out about this guy???

Decades of service, hundreds of millions to charity, a beautiful family, good deeds you'll never know about because he didn't do them for the cameras.

He's as good a man as national politics ever sees.

we need to take over the Republican Party and deStarkify it

I agree. Get it back to what it once actually stood for. Tell the mclame style RINO's to beat it.
Yes! take away all of the Repubs who want to comprimise with the Democrats and kick them to the curb! institute a party of men and women who believe tax systems that constitute three numbers is an acceptable form of government. while were at it lets start stoning women who purchase birth control and making sure everyone has an assault rifle. we either adapt or die buddy and by looking at members of the hard line conservative groups it looks like you are facing the latter.

...and splitting the conservative vote will ensure this country is fucked for good because Democraps will win back the HoR and never lose the Senate or White House.

This 3rd party shit is for morons.

It's been said Romney didn't get the GOP voter turnout like McCain thanks to this "3rd party/Ron Paul" shit, so fuck anyone that helped Obamination win by staying home last election.....you're as low as a liberal.

...and splitting the conservative vote will ensure this country is fucked for good because Democraps will win back the HoR and never lose the Senate or White House.

It's been said Romney didn't get the GOP voter turnout like McCain thanks to this "3rd party/Ron Paul" shit, so fuck anyone that helped Obamination win by staying home last election.....you're as low as a liberal.

I think it could be the opposite. Removing the hardcore right from the GOP would automatically attract independents, moderates and Blue Dogs, moving what remains in the Democrat party far to the Left.

And all those who hate what would remain in the GOP would be very happy with Cain and his group. My suspicion is that this group would be relatively small.

Oh sure....the casual 4-year GOP voter like granny would have no clue between the GOP nominee and the Tea Party nominee, she would just vote for the GOP nominee while some others would vote for the Tea Party nominee.

Meanwhile, every Democrap lemming would x the Democrap box and that person would beat the others on the ballot. Democraps would probably funnel money to the Tea Party to destabilize the GOP because a few nuts are pissed the GOP can't get things done in DC right now.

The GOP would get NOTHING done in DC if they were the minority in every branch of Govt because the Tea Party killed it from within.

I think it could be the opposite. Removing the hardcore right from the GOP would automatically attract independents, moderates and Blue Dogs, moving what remains in the Democrat party far to the Left.

And all those who hate what would remain in the GOP would be very happy with Cain and his group. My suspicion is that this group would be relatively small.

Oh sure....the casual 4-year GOP voter like granny would have no clue between the GOP nominee and the Tea Party nominee, she would just vote for the GOP nominee while some others would vote for the Tea Party nominee.

Meanwhile, every Democrap lemming would x the Democrap box and that person would beat the others on the ballot. Democraps would probably funnel money to the Tea Party to destabilize the GOP because a few nuts are pissed the GOP can't get things done in DC right now.

The GOP would get NOTHING done in DC if they were the minority in every branch of Govt because the Tea Party killed it from within.

This is what I don't understand.

The hardcore Right tells us that they have the answers, that true conservatism always wins at the ballot box, and that the only reason they lose is that they run people who aren't conservative enough. They also tell us - daily - how much the "RINOs" and the moderates are killing the GOP.

Okay, so here's a perfect opportunity for these folks to put their money with their mouth is, to clearly separate themselves from the "RINOs" and the moderates, to run as "real conservatives", and they're afraid to do it.

I'd think they would jump at the chance.

GoneBezerk, a non-Republican, criticizing a lifetime Republican.

GB, you don't count since your kind lost us the election.

You will never hear the Left call for a third party.

They eagerly embrace the calls of conservative-mined types to create one.

I voted for Ross Perot, and got Clinton because of it.

F that.

Change the Republican party from within, which has been happening albeit slowly since '08.

What the fuck do you think the Green Party, ass monkey?

Uh, the GOP is full of conservatives, moderates and probably some closet liberals. Each comes from a different part of the country, so they have to sell themselves differently. A GOP nominee from MA is more liberal than one from SC, otherwise they would never win anything in MA.

This crap of splitting off the conservatives from the moderates is the plan of the Democrap party. They would love John McCain having to battle some fringe kook nominee of a 3rd party running on no tax increases period. The Democraps would just need to beat whoever got the most votes from the split.

When races are close today, the GOP doesn't need some kook 3rd party person stealing some votes with promises of free gun ammo, no taxes, etc.

This is what I don't understand.

The hardcore Right tells us that they have the answers, that true conservatism always wins at the ballot box, and that the only reason they lose is that they run people who aren't conservative enough. They also tell us - daily - how much the "RINOs" and the moderates are killing the GOP.

Okay, so here's a perfect opportunity for these folks to put their money with their mouth is, to clearly separate themselves from the "RINOs" and the moderates, to run as "real conservatives", and they're afraid to do it.

I'd think they would jump at the chance.

Cocksucker...you're the only person on this board claiming I'm not a Republican. Meanwhile there are many like me that have pointed out you're full of shit and always side with the liberals here.

Only a losertarian or liberal would call for a 3rd party to destroy the GOP.

Your act is old, get lost asswipe.

GoneBezerk, a non-Republican, criticizing a lifetime Republican.

GB, you don't count since your kind lost us the election.

The plan of the sane GOP is not to let the far right crazees lose a third national election in a row for us.

Forum List

Back