Herman Cain Calls for Creation of Third Party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by beretta304, Nov 8, 2012.

1. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is calling for the creation of a third political party — saying it is clear to him that neither major political party is willing to address the nation’s economic problems.

“We need a third party to save this country,” Cain told American Family Radio host Bryan Fischer. “This country is in trouble and it is clear that neither party — is going to fix the problems we face.”

Cain agreed with Fischer’s assessment that conservatives are growing tired of being ignored by Republican party leadership — and that many believe the GOP no longer speaks for them.

Cain said it was troubling that Mitt Romney received fewer votes than John McCain did in 2008 — suggesting that many conservatives did not vote on Tuesday.

“I don’t believe the Republican Party has the ability to rebrand itself against the mainstream media machine that blatantly works to support this president and other liberals as well as the Democrats,” Cain told the radio host.

Cain said it would take money, leadership and at least 50 coalitions to create a viable third political party.

“You need one for every state because of the whacky rules state by state that they have that make it difficult for a third party to emerge,” he said.

He said the new party could be made up of not only disenfranchised Republicans — but also Democrats.

“There are just as many disgruntled Democrats would probably be a part of this movement as there are Republicans — who are sick of the political class,” Cain told American Family Radio. “Realistically, it is more viable today than it has ever been.”

Herman Cain Calls for Creation of Third Party | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,489
    Thank you, dear Jesus!

Go, crazies, run don't walk to the nearest recruiter.

I will even make a donation to the new party of Cain.

3. TNHarley

TNHarley Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,674
    Damn right we do!

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    This is true. The problem is: Are Americans willing to address the nations economic problems? I'm not so sure. Economic collapse may have to happen first.

5. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    He should start it.

Call it the Pokemon party.

6. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    You will never hear the Left call for a third party.

They eagerly embrace the calls of conservative-mined types to create one.

I voted for Ross Perot, and got Clinton because of it.

F that.

Change the Republican party from within, which has been happening albeit slowly since '08.

7. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,085
    I've been saying the same thing for years now.

We need a viable third party to ensure that no party can ever achieve total control over the house and senate.

We need to end the possibility of super majorities and veto proof laws.

8. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Is this a Pokeman party?

9. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    I love Herman Cain. He's a brilliant man and he's right on about this. The ESTABLISHMENT GOP types created this entire mess in regard to getting Obama elected in the first place with dumping George W on everyone.. then they come and force Mitt Romney on the Conservative base..

Time to break free from the establishment and focus on FISCAL conservatism.. we can hold on to our values but we don't need to legislate morality.. that doesn't mean I am not an ardent pro-life supporter.. I am and I always be.. most conservatives are.. We need to worry ourselves with the state of our Union.

10. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    It won't worked.. The GOP is entrenched and quite frankly, they've tarnished the name.. let them have it.. Who gives a shit, honestly? It's time for Libertarians and Conservatives to unite IMO. They're basically one in the same.. No group of people agree on EVERYTHING.. not even in your own family.. we come together and agree to disagree on things..compromise, each giving and we take back our NATION!