Herman Cain Calls for Creation of Third Party

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is calling for the creation of a third political party — saying it is clear to him that neither major political party is willing to address the nation’s economic problems.

“We need a third party to save this country,” Cain told American Family Radio host Bryan Fischer. “This country is in trouble and it is clear that neither party — is going to fix the problems we face.”

Cain agreed with Fischer’s assessment that conservatives are growing tired of being ignored by Republican party leadership — and that many believe the GOP no longer speaks for them.

Cain said it was troubling that Mitt Romney received fewer votes than John McCain did in 2008 — suggesting that many conservatives did not vote on Tuesday.

“I don’t believe the Republican Party has the ability to rebrand itself against the mainstream media machine that blatantly works to support this president and other liberals as well as the Democrats,” Cain told the radio host.

Cain said it would take money, leadership and at least 50 coalitions to create a viable third political party.

“You need one for every state because of the whacky rules state by state that they have that make it difficult for a third party to emerge,” he said.

He said the new party could be made up of not only disenfranchised Republicans — but also Democrats.

“There are just as many disgruntled Democrats would probably be a part of this movement as there are Republicans — who are sick of the political class,” Cain told American Family Radio. “Realistically, it is more viable today than it has ever been.”

Herman Cain Calls for Creation of Third Party | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Last edited:
Thank you, dear Jesus!

Go, crazies, run don't walk to the nearest recruiter.

I will even make a donation to the new party of Cain.

Former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is calling for the creation of a third political party — saying it is clear to him that neither major political party is willing to address the nation’s economic problems.http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/herman-cain-calls-for-creation-of-third-party.html
This is true. The problem is: Are Americans willing to address the nations economic problems? I'm not so sure. Economic collapse may have to happen first.

You will never hear the Left call for a third party.

They eagerly embrace the calls of conservative-mined types to create one.

I voted for Ross Perot, and got Clinton because of it.

F that.

Change the Republican party from within, which has been happening albeit slowly since '08.

I've been saying the same thing for years now.

We need a viable third party to ensure that no party can ever achieve total control over the house and senate.

We need to end the possibility of super majorities and veto proof laws.

I love Herman Cain. He's a brilliant man and he's right on about this. The ESTABLISHMENT GOP types created this entire mess in regard to getting Obama elected in the first place with dumping George W on everyone.. then they come and force Mitt Romney on the Conservative base..

Time to break free from the establishment and focus on FISCAL conservatism.. we can hold on to our values but we don't need to legislate morality.. that doesn't mean I am not an ardent pro-life supporter.. I am and I always be.. most conservatives are.. We need to worry ourselves with the state of our Union.

F that.

Change the Republican party from within, which has been happening albeit slowly since '08.

It won't worked.. The GOP is entrenched and quite frankly, they've tarnished the name.. let them have it.. Who gives a shit, honestly? It's time for Libertarians and Conservatives to unite IMO. They're basically one in the same.. No group of people agree on EVERYTHING.. not even in your own family.. we come together and agree to disagree on things..compromise, each giving and we take back our NATION!

The nation was taken back from the soc cons, the neo-corporatists, and imperialists: thank heavens you guys want to get out of the GOP. Don't want you. Go be weirdos elsewhere. Good luck, LGS, and just leave. No, don't want no kisses. Just go. Don't write either. Good bye. You still here? Go.

His 9-9-9 Plan makes more sense than any other tax reform proposal we have seen.

The Republicans destroyed Cain in the primaries, and they'll destroy any of his third party attempts. Or they'll let it flow a bit, then jump in and take it over, as they did with the Tea party and libertarians.

(Yes, I'm aware some libertarians think that their party isn't a GOP shill organization. It's cute, how naive they are. They actually thought Gary Johnson was an independent.)

F that.

Theodore Roosevelt headed a liberal third party, the Progressive party. I would accept the Republican party of Lincoln as also being a liberal third party. Third parties are not successful in the US because of the electoral system. Change the electoral college and we could have third parties but there is little chance of that. We have a two party system and generally if the third party has any backing it turns out badly for one of the major two parties. Nope, it's two parties.

F that.

In other words hijack it....or act like a fucking parasite and leech the life's blood out of it replacing it with your own.

Yeah....btw....how did that work out the other night? You got your asses kicked....your Tea Party VP lost and barely held onto his Congressional seat, you lost about 6 or 7 others and a few more that were in the fight for their lives and barely held on.

If you REALLY want the Dems to lose....you'll start your own party or attach yourselves to one that is closer to your values....like the Constitution Party. Then Republicans can go back to being Republicans.

Thank you, dear Jesus!

Go, crazies, run don't walk to the nearest recruiter.

I will even make a donation to the new party of Cain.

Oh by all means. We did it up here. I was in Tennessee when I watched my old party go into a melt down. Full scale and total meltdown.

I came back in 1995.

Progressive Conservatives are dead in the water. The Conservative Party is now firmly in charge.

It can be done conservatives.

HEY HERMAN!! It ain't about the need for a THIRD PARTY. WE ALREADY HAVE A THIRD PARTY. It's called the LIBERTERIAN PARTY. Any additional parties would further dilute the conservative vote. What we need is a revolution to re-take our country.

HEY HERMAN!! It ain't about the need for a THIRD PARTY. WE ALREADY HAVE A THIRD PARTY. It's called the LIBERTERIAN PARTY. Any additional parties would further dilute the conservative vote. What we need is a revolution to re-take our country.

What YOU need is a straight jacket and strong(er?) meds.

F that.

Don't give up.

You really can create another party. After 2010 we didn't have enough time.

Forum List

Back