Herman Cain Calls for Creation of Third Party

Personally I don't care if the absolutist crazies leave the Republican Party or if the Republican Party splits off from the absolutist crazies and does its own thing. As long as one or the other happens.

We can't continue with one part of one party in one third of the government shutting everything down. We're on the edge as it is.

Former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is calling for the creation of a third political party — saying it is clear to him that neither major political party is willing to address the nation’s economic problems.

“We need a third party to save this country,” Cain told American Family Radio host Bryan Fischer. “This country is in trouble and it is clear that neither party — is going to fix the problems we face.”

Cain agreed with Fischer’s assessment that conservatives are growing tired of being ignored by Republican party leadership — and that many believe the GOP no longer speaks for them.

Cain said it was troubling that Mitt Romney received fewer votes than John McCain did in 2008 — suggesting that many conservatives did not vote on Tuesday.

“I don’t believe the Republican Party has the ability to rebrand itself against the mainstream media machine that blatantly works to support this president and other liberals as well as the Democrats,” Cain told the radio host.

Cain said it would take money, leadership and at least 50 coalitions to create a viable third political party.

“You need one for every state because of the whacky rules state by state that they have that make it difficult for a third party to emerge,” he said.

He said the new party could be made up of not only disenfranchised Republicans — but also Democrats.

“There are just as many disgruntled Democrats would probably be a part of this movement as there are Republicans — who are sick of the political class,” Cain told American Family Radio. “Realistically, it is more viable today than it has ever been.”

Herman Cain Calls for Creation of Third Party | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Sounds like,

"The American party of the 1850s derived its informal name from its members replying, when asked about their role, 'I know nothing.' The party was anti-Catholic and anti-immigrant. It grew out of the Order of the Star-Spangled Banner, a secret society apparently founded in New York City in 1849. In the wake of the collapse of the Whigs and the Democratic split over the Kansas-Nebraska Act in 1854 and 1855, its supporters won several offices, including mayor of Philadelphia and control of the Massachusetts legislature. Some northern Know-Nothings also sought to cooperate with antislavery forces not yet prepared to join an official Republican party.

"When the Know-Nothing party endorsed the Kansas-Nebraska Act at its presidential nominating convention in 1856, northern members bolted. Southern members nominated former president Millard Fillmore of New York for president and Andrew J. Donelson of Tennessee for vice president. Most northern Know-Nothings tenuously supported the Republican candidate, John C. Frémont. Fillmore tried to distance himself from the party's nativist tendencies but carried only Maryland. The Know-Nothing party soon dissolved."

Know-Nothing party — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

I can see it now, Herman Cain for President; Rick Perry for Vice President.

Take one: Camera focus on Rich Perry holding a shotgun at the ready.

Perry, "Pull"

Cain, "Nine, Nine, Nine, PULL!"

Perry, raises his gun to his shoulder on the second Nine and blasts the pizza out of the sky.

Cain, "Vote for us; we may know nothing but we always hit our target. My VP is no Dick Cheney."

Last edited:
I love Herman Cain. He's a brilliant man and he's right on about this. The ESTABLISHMENT GOP types created this entire mess in regard to getting Obama elected in the first place with dumping George W on everyone.. then they come and force Mitt Romney on the Conservative base..

Time to break free from the establishment and focus on FISCAL conservatism.. we can hold on to our values but we don't need to legislate morality.. that doesn't mean I am not an ardent pro-life supporter.. I am and I always be.. most conservatives are.. We need to worry ourselves with the state of our Union.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

You're funny, welsher!

You will never hear the Left call for a third party.

They eagerly embrace the calls of conservative-mined types to create one.

I voted for Ross Perot, and got Clinton because of it.

F that.

Change the Republican party from within, which has been happening albeit slowly since '08.

From all the blogs I've been reading, there is going to be a major shake up in the GOP on January 3rd when Boehner gets ousted as Speaker. If enough of the old timers are booted from the leadership, perhaps there won't be a need for a 3rd party. If there aren't, I'll be the first to sign up for the new party.

If these folks are so sure that (1) they'll be able to attract a ton of people with hardcore conservative absolutism and (2) they don't need those wimpy RINO's around to ruin things, hell, they should jump on this opportunity with both feet.

Let's go, time's a-wastin'.

A third party to the right of the GOP. How many votes will that party take from the Democrats?

Roughly zero. But I bet it would allow the GOP to attract many Independents and even some Blue Dogs.

The GOP would end up as the Center Party? That would be interesting. They could actually end up with more power than the Democrats or the third party, because neither of those two could move anything without the center on their side.

A third party to the right of the GOP. How many votes will that party take from the Democrats?

Roughly zero. But I bet it would allow the GOP to attract many Independents and even some Blue Dogs.

The GOP would end up as the Center Party? That would be interesting. They could actually end up with more power than the Democrats or the third party, because neither of those two could move anything without the center on their side.

Yup, that's my guess too.

Not holding my breath, though.

What cracks me up is that the absolutists think they can win without any help.

Former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is calling for the creation of a third political party — saying it is clear to him that neither major political party is willing to address the nation’s economic problems.http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/herman-cain-calls-for-creation-of-third-party.html
This is true. The problem is: Are Americans willing to address the nations economic problems? I'm not so sure. Economic collapse may have to happen first.

No, Americans are just going to vote for free stuff until people like the Saudis stop taking our play money in exchange for things like oil.

I believe this election will finish America off.

<snipped>

Cain said it was troubling that Mitt Romney received fewer votes than John McCain did in 2008 — suggesting that many conservatives did not vote on Tuesday.

<snipped>

I don't dislike Cain. However, I'm fed up with people who are numerically careless.

From Wikipedia:

McCain in 2008: 59,948,323, 45.65% of the vote

Romney in 2012: 60,861,683, 47.28% of the vote

That kind of carelessness with the numbers permeates rightwing talking points. It leads to serious errors and symbolizes the cognitive disconnect which is turning people away from the right.

I'm not saying the Democrats aren't similarly careless. Obama is a terrible offender in that department. But Obama wins hands down in the fluffy touchy feely stuff. We can't get away with what he does. If we want to convince people that we have good ideas for the economy and other practical areas of the government, the vocal people on our side need to start being more careful with the easily checkable facts.

Forum List

Back