Here's a story about privacy invasion, tell me what you think

Brick Gold

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2022
Here's a true story, the names and labels were changed to protect the innocent parties involved.

There is this man who has been a serious target for privacy invasion most of his adult life and part of his childhood. To protect himself he has invested in home security measures with cameras. He has removed the wifi card from his laptop, disconnected the internal antenna and disabled and deleted all the drivers and software that connect to the internet through all sources. When he checks his computer for connections with Command Prompt and Shell, he is assured that there is no internet connection into his computer.

Yet, he swears up and down that although he has taken all of these outrageous measures for a tiny slice of privacy, that somehow there is a hack into his computer through a back door that he is unable to detect and that his enemies are taunting him with parodies of what he does on his supposedly internet-free computer.

What if he is right? How can they access what he does on his computer with no internet connection that he is aware of? Is there hardware installed that he cannot detect? Perhaps hard-wired through an invisible back door? Should I tell him that he is being overly paranoid and that his taunters are purely mimicking what he does out of coincidence? Anyone got something insightful to add to this topic?

Let me put it this way, if I wanted to install a backdoor onto a laptop where if the internet is disabled and the wifi card and antenna were removed so that I could spy on the activity, how would I go about doing so and what would I need to make this happen undetected?

You can still connect locally to a computer through Bluetooth.

I'm not sure I helped you. You don't seem to have event he basic level of knowledge to connect to a device wirelessly, let alone do it covertly.

I'm sure your "friend's" data is safe.
Although that isn't true I am unsure about my friend. Perhaps his mockers and taunters are so dead on psychic no amount of precaution will ease his mind.

Here's a true story, the names and labels were changed to protect the innocent parties involved.

There is this man who has been a serious target for privacy invasion most of his adult life and part of his childhood. To protect himself he has invested in home security measures with cameras. He has removed the wifi card from his laptop, disconnected the internal antenna and disabled and deleted all the drivers and software that connect to the internet through all sources. When he checks his computer for connections with Command Prompt and Shell, he is assured that there is no internet connection into his computer.

Yet, he swears up and down that although he has taken all of these outrageous measures for a tiny slice of privacy, that somehow there is a hack into his computer through a back door that he is unable to detect and that his enemies are taunting him with parodies of what he does on his supposedly internet-free computer.

What if he is right? How can they access what he does on his computer with no internet connection that he is aware of? Is there hardware installed that he cannot detect? Perhaps hard-wired through an invisible back door? Should I tell him that he is being overly paranoid and that his taunters are purely mimicking what he does out of coincidence? Anyone got something insightful to add to this topic?
Of course there are lots of ways to do that. A simple RFID chip can remotely connect to any point in the computer and and read anything that point is doing. Those RFID chips are bad news. They can even read how much money you have in your pocket, and transmit pictures from under your clothes.

Of course there are lots of ways to do that. A simple RFID chip can remotely connect to any point in the computer and and read anything that point is doing. Those RFID chips are bad news. They can even read how much money you have in your pocket, and transmit pictures from under your clothes.
So, maybe there is an RFID chip in my computer and all that a hacker needs is to ping it remotely?

Here's some RFID articles:

Perhaps you can load your own RFID chips with false data so when they scan you they're being led on to a dead end.

Last edited:
It does not.
We are looking in the device manager and there's no bluetooth devices listed anywhere, all wifi devices are listed inoperable and undetectable. Same with ethernet. While there is Bluetooth ability in this computer the devices were already uninstalled and disabled. Only one Bluetooth Adapter is detectable with PowerShell, could the adapter alone allow unauthorized access? No Bluetooth connections or devices are listed anywhere else.

My assessment is that all front doors on this PC are secure, there is no accessing this computer remotely through commonly known means. That however doesn't rule out a hidden transmitter inside the PC invisibly connected to the hard drive, completely undetectable through using Windows. And while that is definitely possible I find it highly unlikely and have suggested to my friend that he carefully document the "mockery" using timestamps to prove his paranoia wasnt imagined. Such documentation isn't proof of a secret hack into his obviously network disabled computer, but if that isn't enough to be suspicious considering his history being a stalking target, then I will sell you London for $20.00 tomorrow at 1:35pm.

Sounds like a wetware problem.

So, maybe there is an RFID chip in my computer and all that a hacker needs is to ping it remotely?

Here's some RFID articles:

Perhaps you can load your own RFID chips with false data so when they scan you they're being led on to a dead end.
:itsok:

We are looking in the device manager and there's no bluetooth devices listed anywhere, all wifi devices are listed inoperable and undetectable. Same with ethernet. While there is Bluetooth ability in this computer the devices were already uninstalled and disabled. Only one Bluetooth Adapter is detectable with PowerShell, could the adapter alone allow unauthorized access? No Bluetooth connections or devices are listed anywhere else.
Just because devices are uninstalled doesn't mean they can't be temporarily be installed, and then uninstalled again. A simple 5 line program triggered to be run by an internal timer can do that. Unless you check when it is installed, you will never know. You should install the computer in a faraday cage, and only input commands into the computer with Hollerith cards that have been punched at a secret off site facility, or, you might consider that the person complaining of being spied on is a paranoid, batshit crazy conspiracy theory nut.

Forum List

Back