Here It Is---Trump's New Food Stamp Plan: A Basket Of U.S. Food, Direct To Your Doorstep!

That didn't happen in my day, but I have seen old movies with Milk Men..... :)

That's what it was back then. We had a milk man, a Charlie's Chips man, a juice man, a rag man, everything was delivered. Our doctor used to come to our house when we kids were sick. Many women didn't drive back then and the ones that did didn't have their own car in most cases.

My mothers house still has a milk chute that hasn't been used in over 45 years.

to ship over night delivery? perishables...milk, cheese, meats would have to be next day delivery....and that ain't cheap at all!

I'm a truck driver, and trust me, they make trucks and trailers with refrigerators in them.
so every area will have their own refrigerated truck, delivering the food??? or are you looking at Fedx, or UPS?

Just guessing. I don't know how old you are, but back in the day when most were one car families and moms stayed home, we had milk men deliver to the house. They carried milk, cheese, eggs, and all had refrigerated trucks.

We still have refrigerated trucks today except they don't do house deliveries.....yet. It's just to get food from the producers to the warehouses.

so it would have to be a local run program, with warehouses locally? All over the USA, each local area would have to have a staging area and truck drivers to deliver?

I'm sorry, but that seems like such a waste of money??

Don't they have those drones delivering pizza and subs now I read about?

And this is an old article from huff post 2014

These Are All The Foods You Can Get Delivered By Drones | HuffPost

not where I live..... no one delivers here.... no pizza, no Chinese, no nothing.... if gas was cheaper, a real business could be made in deliveries up here! I know I wouldn't mind paying double in delivery charges, if they'd only do it....especially if it is snowing out! :D

That's what it was back then. We had a milk man, a Charlie's Chips man, a juice man, a rag man, everything was delivered. Our doctor used to come to our house when we kids were sick. Many women didn't drive back then and the ones that did didn't have their own car in most cases.

That sounds awesome! The good ole days!

I'm a truck driver, and trust me, they make trucks and trailers with refrigerators in them.
so every area will have their own refrigerated truck, delivering the food??? or are you looking at Fedx, or UPS?

Just guessing. I don't know how old you are, but back in the day when most were one car families and moms stayed home, we had milk men deliver to the house. They carried milk, cheese, eggs, and all had refrigerated trucks.

We still have refrigerated trucks today except they don't do house deliveries.....yet. It's just to get food from the producers to the warehouses.

so it would have to be a local run program, with warehouses locally? All over the USA, each local area would have to have a staging area and truck drivers to deliver?

not where I live..... no one delivers here.... no pizza, no Chinese, no nothing.... if gas was cheaper, a real business could be made in deliveries up here! I know I wouldn't mind paying double in delivery charges, if they'd only do it....especially if it is snowing out! :D

Why don't they ride a moose and deliver on that?

It's like cable television. It starts out in densely populated areas and not everybody has it. But eventually somebody gets the idea and makes a killing by opening up a delivery business.

I had the same idea years ago when movie rental places were around. I thought it would be a great idea if I started a rental place that delivered and picked up. I figured I'd clean up. However understanding the progress of technology, I knew my venture would be short lived. I was right. Now our movies are made to order and you don't have to worry about waiting for somebody to bring it back to the store or getting charged yourself with a late fee. Just press some buttons on your cable or satellite receiver and you have your new movie right on your television set.

When I was on food stamps I'd buy nothing but steak and wine. Then I'd walk down the street spitting on homeless people.

It's like cable television. It starts out in densely populated areas and not everybody has it. But eventually somebody gets the idea and makes a killing by opening up a delivery business.

I had the same idea years ago when movie rental places were around. I thought it would be a great idea if I started a rental place that delivered and picked up. I figured I'd clean up. However understanding the progress of technology, I knew my venture would be short lived. I was right. Now our movies are made to order and you don't have to worry about waiting for somebody to bring it back to the store or getting charged yourself with a late fee. Just press some buttons on your cable or satellite receiver and you have your new movie right on your television set.

I remember when I lived in a appartment in Chicago, I would order movies, food and a 6 Pack of beer and they would deliver my smokes also...lol..

Actually it was great. I remember coming home from school and my mother yelling at me to empty out the milk chute on the way in. Getting gasoline meant driving to the pumps and an attendant came out and pumped your gas, checked your tire pressure, checked your oil, and added any necessary items. You gave him cash or credit card, and he'd come back with your change or the charge machine and you signed your name and took the receipt.

Actually it was great. I remember coming home from school and my mother yelling at me to empty out the milk chute on the way in. Getting gasoline meant driving to the pumps and an attendant came out and pumped your gas, checked your tire pressure, checked your oil, and added any necessary items. You gave him cash or credit card, and he'd come back with your change or the charge machine and you signed your name and took the receipt.

My next door neighbor had the milkman, I remember them coming twice a week ( I think) then they were gone when I was around in the 2nd grade. ( 1972?)

I remember all of the gas stations being full service...... the state I lived in, unlike most all other states had no SELF SERVE....it was against the state law....

so when I ended up in Florida in my early 20's I had to pump the gas myself....and I admit I was clueless! :D

I had a VW Bug at the time.....and drove it for 3-5 years without ever adding oil to it..... I just didn't know any better....? I was dying my hair blonde at the time, maybe that had something to do with my ditziness..... ;)

Anyway, one day on the way home from work or school....can't remember, the Bug made this gosh awful noise like a fork or ten, was in the garbage disposal being chewed up....then it died. I killed my transmission....

Who knew you had to add oil to the car?? The full service guys always did everything?? :dunno:

:lol:

Last edited:
I love it. The plan is winning!
Hopefully, this will avoid shopping carts full of stealing, lobster and junk food.I’m for it!

Trump’s new food-stamps plan: A basket of U.S. food, direct to your doorstep
What plan kkk boi?

Your fat white kmart trash are going to get very cranky
Umm... it's the Mexican population that keeps Kmart in business.

nice fantasy.
Pardon me. African Americans AND Hispanics.

Know your demographics before you spout off your usual liberal kook crap.

KMart Shopper Insights and Demographics

Here It Is---Trump's New Food Stamp Plan: A Basket Of U.S. Food, Direct To Your Doorstep!

That is sad. Trump has lots of horrible plans - including this one:

5a7e19091e000038007ab48f.gif

Trump's 'Tip-Pooling' Plan Could Screw Your Bartender

I really don't care

To me....200 bucks a month is 200 bucks a month
I don't care if you spend it on healthy organic food or $200 worth of Doritos

What do you want? A nanny state?
No fucker. I want a state where an expensive food program doesn't render out into an even more expensive healthcare loss. Again: it's called logic & wise investing. You want another deficit from stupid planning?

We have pigs chickens & goats who can live off of municipal wastes. We have fallow municipal lands that could be converted to truck produce farms. The wastes from the farms also can feed pigs chickens & goats for protein & eggs. These direct & fresh food sources will improve the health of the poor, cost less & cost less in healthcare.

Unless you're a lobbiest for the junk food industry keen on retaining subsidies for your company at the gross expense of everyone. Got stock in Frito lay rightwinger? :popcorn:

Nanny state

You take a $4000 a child tax deduction....maybe the state should monitor how you are feeding them
Then again, maybe it's none of the state's business.

Why would you say that? Would you like your government selecting your food for you? It's patently unfair and typically Trump idiotic.

It is? So tell us, how did you like Mooochelle's school lunch program?
It was a good program requiring nutritious lunches

It was a program that starved children and likely interrupted their ability to learn, not to mention a huge waste of taxpayer dollars.

I remember all of the gas stations being full service...... the state I lived in, unlike most all other states had no SELF SERVE....it was against the state law....

so when I ended up in Florida in my early 20's I had to pump the gas myself....and I admit I was clueless! :D

I had a VW Bug at the time.....and drove it for 3-5 years without ever adding oil to it..... I just didn't know any better....? I was dying my hair blonde at the time, maybe that had something to do with my ditziness..... ;)

Anyway, one day on the way home from work or school....can't remember, the Bug made this gosh awful noise like a fork or ten, was in the garbage disposal being chewed up....then it died. I killed my transmission....

Who knew you had to add oil to the car?? The full service guys always did everything?? :dunno:

You're not alone. Many women don't like the combustion engine or know anything about it. My mother refuses to operate any engine device. She even had an electric snow blower. Electricity and water? Not such a hot idea.

My sister is college educated, but like my mother, doesn't want to deal with anything that has an engine. Her driveway is two cars wide and two and a half cars in length. She hires a plow guy to remove the snow. A snowblower would have that drive cleared in about five minutes.

We lease our trucks through Penske. They have full serve diesel fuel islands. It's great, especially in the winter. Just like the old days with cars, they check the oil, refill the windshield washer fluid, add oil if needed, and of course, pump the fuel. Then the guy prints out a receipt and comes to the truck for a signature. Unless you want to clean your windshield and windows, you never have to get out of the truck.

I always wondered what would happen if a gas station started a full service island and would we be willing to pay more for gasoline for the service? I think I would. I really miss those days.

You're not alone. Many women don't like the combustion engine or know anything about it. My mother refuses to operate any engine device. She even had an electric snow blower. Electricity and water? Not such a hot idea.

My sister is college educated, but like my mother, doesn't want to deal with anything that has an engine. Her driveway is two cars wide and two and a half cars in length. She hires a plow guy to remove the snow. A snowblower would have that drive cleared in about five minutes.

We lease our trucks through Penske. They have full serve diesel fuel islands. It's great, especially in the winter. Just like the old days with cars, they check the oil, refill the windshield washer fluid, add oil if needed, and of course, pump the fuel. Then the guy prints out a receipt and comes to the truck for a signature. Unless you want to clean your windshield and windows, you never have to get out of the truck.

I always wondered what would happen if a gas station started a full service island and would we be willing to pay more for gasoline for the service? I think I would. I really miss those days.

We have a few full service stations here in central Pa......but few and far between.

Forum List

Back