Here It Is---Trump's New Food Stamp Plan: A Basket Of U.S. Food, Direct To Your Doorstep!

Have you even bothered to consider the logistics in doing something like this? Home delivery of food baskets? Who's gonna deliver them, and how often?
yeah

I actually work in direct mail; it's really not that complicated or expensive
to ship over night delivery? perishables...milk, cheese, meats would have to be next day delivery....and that ain't cheap at all!

I'm a truck driver, and trust me, they make trucks and trailers with refrigerators in them.
My niece sends me huge boxes of beef every year at Christmas.

Yes, Virginia, food can be shipped and fast in the US.

And Amazon is going to be integral to Trump's plan. Invest in Amazon Fresh. It's going to make markets obsolete.

I know Amazon is building a huge place over here. They took over a the property of a closed down mall which was once the largest mall in the country (during the 70's) and I also believe they will be shipping that food out over here.

The homeless may have a doorstep but not a kitchen.

Homeless people are not on the SNAP's program; nowhere to send their cards to.
Yes homeless people are on snap. A LOT of homeless people are snap. they just use general delivery. EBT cards are issued in the office.

I had to look that up. According the the feds, you can get SNAP's if you live in a homeless shelter.

https://www.usich.gov/resources/uploads/asset_library/myths-homeless.pdf

You can be homeless and living in the street, you just have to have a mailing address. And the mailing address can be general delivery.

The link doesn't say that. It only mentions shelters. That's beside the fact of where would a homeless person put all that food unless they were at the store every day or so?

It doesn't matter. Homeless people get foodstamps. $192 per month if they have no income.

They buy canned foods, bread, processed meats.

Incidentally, most of the *homeless* aren't really homeless. They just don't have their own fixed residence. They live with family, with friends, in a trailer on relatives' property. Here our national forests are full of whole communities of them, in RVs and tents.

Homeless people are not on the SNAP's program; nowhere to send their cards to.
Yes homeless people are on snap. A LOT of homeless people are snap. they just use general delivery. EBT cards are issued in the office.

I had to look that up. According the the feds, you can get SNAP's if you live in a homeless shelter.

You can be homeless and living in the street, you just have to have a mailing address. And the mailing address can be general delivery.

The link doesn't say that. It only mentions shelters. That's beside the fact of where would a homeless person put all that food unless they were at the store every day or so?

It doesn't matter. Homeless people get foodstamps. $192 per month if they have no income.

Incidentally, most of the *homeless* aren't really homeless. They just don't have their own fixed residence. They live with family, with friends, in a trailer on relatives' property. Here our national forests are full of whole communities of them, in RVs and tents.

With the exception of tents, I don't consider the others homeless. In downtown Cleveland we have plenty of them, and they are truly homeless. Most of them are skinny little guys and collecting aluminum cans to turn in for cash. If you talk to them, they really do have mental challenges and really can't take care of themselves.

I recently made a donation to a church that uses the money for food, blankets, sleeping bags and tents for the homeless. Even in our dangerous weather we have up north, some of those people refuse to go inside. They would rather be out facing the elements. It's really pretty sad. I don't have much to give, but when I do, homeless people are my first choice.

Have you even bothered to consider the logistics in doing something like this? Home delivery of food baskets? Who's gonna deliver them, and how often?
yeah

to ship over night delivery? perishables...milk, cheese, meats would have to be next day delivery....and that ain't cheap at all!

I'm a truck driver, and trust me, they make trucks and trailers with refrigerators in them.

And Amazon is going to be integral to Trump's plan. Invest in Amazon Fresh. It's going to make markets obsolete.
Someone should notify Omaha Steaks that they need to go ahead and close their doors since their business model is unpossible...

With the exception of tents, I don't consider the others homeless. In downtown Cleveland we have plenty of them, and they are truly homeless. Most of them are skinny little guys and collecting aluminum cans to turn in for cash. If you talk to them, they really do have mental challenges and really can't take care of themselves.

I recently made a donation to a church that uses the money for food, blankets, sleeping bags and tents for the homeless. Even in our dangerous weather we have up north, some of those people refuse to go inside. They would rather be out facing the elements. It's really pretty sad. I don't have much to give, but when I do, homeless people are my first choice.
I don't consider them homeless either, but they meet the definition and that gets the states $$$ for snap.

It's all a scam. We change the definitions to meet the requirements to get the money...which mostly is used to line the pockets of upper level bureaucrats and their friends.

yeah

Someone should notify Omaha Steaks that they need to go ahead and close their doors since their business model is unpossible...
I'm not telling them.

I love that stuff!

This is what the Right ultimately envisions for America's poor:

1025045177.jpg

That's a great idea!!!!

Now you are thinking outside the box :)

You know, for all you people screaming that people on SNAP are buying lobster and steak, here is what they are REALLY buying, as shown by surveys of actual stores. Know what the number one meat is? Hamburger. Know what the second most popular meat is? Chicken breasts.

No, they are not dining like kings. Yes, the top item bought is soda, but they are also buying regular food, and not the luxury items you people are screaming about.

People on Food Stamps Buy These Items the Most at the Grocery Store
They should not be able at all to buy foods with little to no nutritional value. Otherwise we might as well give them vouchers for meth for all the good those products don't do for the body.

try to control yourself------who is going to DECIDE WHAT THEY SHOULD EAT-----if you ask my mom---
NO ONE SHOULD EAT WHITE SUGAR OR WHITE FLOUR OR WHITE RICE. -----you want to insist that
no one eat a potato chip?

No, we don't decide what they should eat.
We decide what we will give them to eat.

Two different things. They can eat whatever they want.
But we will only give them certain things. If they want something different than what they are given, they are free to find a way to get it themselves.

This generation today is nothing but pussies and commies....give them commodities and if they don't like it tough shit. Everyone has a fucking excuse....this wont work, that wont work, you cant do that. Its a take it or leave it deal. The greatest generation survived and was tough as hell. My grandparents as kids picked berries, collected nuts, and hunted ramps. Look at the kids today.

You know, for all you people screaming that people on SNAP are buying lobster and steak, here is what they are REALLY buying, as shown by surveys of actual stores. Know what the number one meat is? Hamburger. Know what the second most popular meat is? Chicken breasts.

No, they are not dining like kings. Yes, the top item bought is soda, but they are also buying regular food, and not the luxury items you people are screaming about.

People on Food Stamps Buy These Items the Most at the Grocery Store
They should not be able at all to buy foods with little to no nutritional value. Otherwise we might as well give them vouchers for meth for all the good those products don't do for the body.

try to control yourself------who is going to DECIDE WHAT THEY SHOULD EAT-----if you ask my mom---
NO ONE SHOULD EAT WHITE SUGAR OR WHITE FLOUR OR WHITE RICE. -----you want to insist that
no one eat a potato chip?

No, we don't decide what they should eat.
We decide what we will give them to eat.

Two different things. They can eat whatever they want.
But we will only give them certain things. If they want something different than what they are given, they are free to find a way to get it themselves.

This generation today is nothing but pussies and commies....give them commodities and if they don't like it tough shit. Everyone has a fucking excuse....this wont work, that wont work, you cant do that. Its a take it or leave it deal. The greatest generation survived and was tough as hell. My grandparents as kids picked berries, collected nuts, and hunted ramps. Look at the kids today.

A couple of years ago our deer population was out of control. So the park system hired professional hunters to thin the herd. Of course, the liberals went nuts about that, but it had to be done.

To help calm their nerves, all the venison was donated to the homeless shelters. That's where it rotted and was thrown out. None of the homeless would eat any of it.

Last edited:
yeah

so every area will have their own refrigerated truck, delivering the food??? or are you looking at Fedx, or UPS?

yeah

so every area will have their own refrigerated truck, delivering the food??? or are you looking at Fedx, or UPS?

Amazon-s-new-site-start-of-2-500-job-drive.jpg

yeah

Just guessing. I don't know how old you are, but back in the day when most were one car families and moms stayed home, we had milk men deliver to the house. They carried milk, cheese, eggs, and all had refrigerated trucks.

We still have refrigerated trucks today except they don't do house deliveries.....yet. It's just to get food from the producers to the warehouses.

yeah

Just guessing. I don't know how old you are, but back in the day when most were one car families and moms stayed home, we had milk men deliver to the house. They carried milk, cheese, eggs, and all had refrigerated trucks.

We still have refrigerated trucks today except they don't do house deliveries.....yet. It's just to get food from the producers to the warehouses.

Ever hear of a company called Swann's? They are here in Amarillo, and my roomie used to get regular deliveries from them, but we quit when we needed to spend our money on other things because that was kind of a luxury. However, many of my neighbors still get deliveries.

yeah

That didn't happen in my day, but I have seen old movies with Milk Men..... :)

so it would have to be a local run program, with warehouses locally? All over the USA, each local area would have to have a staging area and truck drivers to deliver?

I'm sorry, but that seems like such a waste of money??

Once again, Trump is doing the right thing!

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

Progressives will, of course, complain about this and find fault

Why do our friends on the left want poor people to go hungry?

States already have existing delivery systems. :)

http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=38933

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

They do? Refrigerated?

Do they have a warehouse with refrigerators to store the food before all the truck drivers arrive to load their trucks t deliver to each and every home receiving snap?

I truly do not think there is any way this could be cost effective...

Though who wouldn't love to have their groceries delivered once a week?? :p I would be jealous that a neighbor on snap gets their food delivered in a box, while I have to spend hours in the store, and lugging the groceries up to the house.... :D

They do? Refrigerated?

Do they have a warehouse with refrigerators to store the food before all the truck drivers arrive to load their trucks t deliver to each and every home receiving snap?

I truly do not think there is any way this could be cost effective...

Though who wouldn't love to have their groceries delivered once a week?? :p I would be jealous that a neighbor on snap gets their food delivered in a box, while I have to spend hours in the store, and lugging the groceries up to the house.... :D

You can get your groceries delivered, but you have to pay for it yourself just like you pay for your own food.

Food warehouses have huge refrigerated sections. In fact we had a regular stop years ago to one of those places, and I kept my jacket in the truck even in the middle of summer. Very refreshing when you first walk in, but if you have to spend 20 minutes in there, it gets cold fast.

I think if this plan would ever go through, food could be purchased from your grocery store, and nothing is going to melt or go bad in the 20 minute ride.

yeah

Ever hear of a company called Swann's? They are here in Amarillo, and my roomie used to get regular deliveries from them, but we quit when we needed to spend our money on other things because that was kind of a luxury. However, many of my neighbors still get deliveries.

Deliveries are the new wave of the future. it's closing down brick and mortar stores. As for myself, I like to see what I buy before I buy it if possible.

yeah

That didn't happen in my day, but I have seen old movies with Milk Men..... :)

so it would have to be a local run program, with warehouses locally? All over the USA, each local area would have to have a staging area and truck drivers to deliver?

I'm sorry, but that seems like such a waste of money??

Don't they have those drones delivering pizza and subs now I read about?

And this is an old article from huff post 2014

These Are All The Foods You Can Get Delivered By Drones | HuffPost

Forum List

Back