Help Me Pick a 'Nom de Plume'

Status
Not open for further replies.
farmer's markets rock.

we have lobstermen at ours

$3.50/lb for fresh larrys

:clap2:

Absofriggnlootly! :thup:

Now, if only I could keep the mother*&^%'n chipmunks from eating all the strawberries in our garden. God damn varmints!

yeah, they wrought havoc on my zucchinis last year.

i was going to try fox urine, but the little bastard had performance anxiety
Heh, I got an owl with a solar powered rotating (on occasion) head to keep the squirrels away from my mangoes. So far, so good!

Absofriggnlootly! :thup:

Now, if only I could keep the mother*&^%'n chipmunks from eating all the strawberries in our garden. God damn varmints!

Heh, I got an owl with a solar powered rotating (on occasion) head to keep the squirrels away from my mangoes. So far, so good!
Really?

I passed on planting tomatoes this year because 80% of them would get eaten.

If that works, it's tomatoes next year for me!

Really?

I'll let you know. In about a week or two they should all start getting perfectly ripe. I really hate sharing them with the little devils.

I move him around once a day, lol. Something knocked him off his pedestal one night and tore his head off, hahahaha! I think it was a cat, he's too big for a squirrel to tackle.

Whole Paycheck! I love it, too, but try to hit the farmer's markets as much as possible.

Farmers' markets usually prove to be an exercise in modern-day highway robbery.
Maybe in Canada, but not here. Much cheaper than the stores.

Previous IP address checks have revealed that I live in (and post from) the UK. But let's not let that obstruct your on-going naivity re. the modern-day farmers' market. I can just picture what you've got in your shopping list...

Olives from Staten Island... pancetta from Brooklyn.. and (lest we forget) those divine tomatoes which grow only on the gentle, south-facing slopes of Capitol Hill.

The modern incarnation of a farmers' market is a rip-off.

Really?

I'll let you know. In about a week or two they should all start getting perfectly ripe. I really hate sharing them with the little devils.

I move him around once a day, lol. Something knocked him off his pedestal one night and tore his head off, hahahaha! I think it was a cat, he's too big for a squirrel to tackle.
Yeah, damn varmints ate my zucchini, eggplant, and cukes as well. I was soooooo bummed. I got two cukes, one zucchini and one eggplant out of all that.

Yeah, if that works, that is great to know.

Farmers' markets usually prove to be an exercise in modern-day highway robbery.
Maybe in Canada, but not here. Much cheaper than the stores.

Previous IP address checks have revealed that I live in (and post from) the UK. But let's not let that obstruct your on-going naivity re. the modern-day farmers' market. I can just picture what you've got in your shopping list...

Olives from Staten Island... pancetta from Brooklyn.. and (lest we forget) those divine tomatoes which grow only on the gentle, south-facing slopes of Capitol Hill.

The modern incarnation of a farmers' market is a rip-off.
I go to the ones that sell local produce. And I don't like olives or pancetta.

:thup:

Anybody had Pink Lady apples? Those are amazing. Anyway - the difference in taste between organic and non is unbelievable. Taste, texture, size; everything. The non are bigger, less flavorful, and not as crisp.

Anybody had Pink Lady apples? Those are amazing. Anyway - the difference in taste between organic and non is unbelievable. Taste, texture, size; everything. The non are bigger, less flavorful, and not as crisp.

They are the best. My MIL sends packages of them out as presents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back