Help Me Pick a 'Nom de Plume'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're out of your mind if you think there is no difference between an organic apple and one covered in pesticides.
Well, I was talking about nutritional compounds.

I just wash. That's still cheaper.

At the risk of sounding overtly sanctimonious, I recommend you educate yourself a little bit more on the subject rather than relying on flippant assumptions. ;)

My assumption is that the organic growers don't use stuff in the soil that can do Bad Things.

I should probably educate myself, too.

You're out of your mind if you think there is no difference between an organic apple and one covered in pesticides.

At the risk of sounding overtly sanctimonious, I recommend you educate yourself a little bit more on the subject rather than relying on flippant assumptions. ;)

Sure, pesticides are used, but as I said, I wash.

If you'd like to tell me what I am missing, I sure am open to it. I don't pretend to know that much about it, but on its face, it doesn't seem all that worth the extra cost.

My assumption is that the organic growers don't use stuff in the soil that can do Bad Things.

'Organic' doesn't just apply to fruits and vegetables. Around here, the locally produced organic eggs taste a thousand times better than the alternatives. You know you have a tasty egg when the yolk is a deep, thick orange rather than a runny light yellow.

Sure, pesticides are used, but as I said, I wash.

If you'd like to tell me what I am missing, I sure am open to it. I don't pretend to know that much about it, but on its face, it doesn't seem all that worth the extra cost.

Washing them often doesn't remove the pesticides.

According to the Environmental Working Group‘s analysis of USDA data, pesticides showed up on 98 percent of the more than 700 apple samples tested (yes, they were washed). And it wasn’t just one pesticide either – apples from around the country, domestically grown and imported, were found to have up to 48 different kinds of pesticides on them. While less than the 69 types used on cucumbers, that’s still far more than the single pesticide found in sweet corn (shucked) or the 15 on oranges (peeled).

Five Reasons to Eat Organic Apples: Pesticides, Healthy Communities, and You - Forbes

'Organic' doesn't just apply to fruits and vegetables. Around here, the locally produced organic eggs taste a thousand times better than the alternatives. You know you have a tasty egg when the yolk is a deep, thick orange rather than a runny light yellow.

that's got less to do with organic and more to do with freshness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back