HELP! Any of you Computer Guru's?! S.O.S.

Sitarro, how do I get the web cam to work with the Imac. It says it won't work with system 10, but shouldn't have a higher OP system higher than that? It's brand new (not mine).

What are you doing with the camera? I haven't used mine, I'm sure it shouldn't be hard to use. OSX is the latest OS, the latest version is 10.6 Snow Leopard.

The camera does work with iMovie...... open and go to file .......... import from camera. A new box will open up and in the lower left hand corner will be a selection for camera........ click on built-in isight. When you hit capture, you will begin a movie of yourself.

It also comes up in ichat, you need an account with one of a number of groups to use that.

I'm sure there are other ways to access it but I don't know them.

You two really ought to be proud of yourselves for fastest thread derailed by insignificant bullshit.. If you didn't have anything helpful to add, you *could* have just STFU and moved on.

Really???? Who gives a shit dis? What have you added to this thread. These imaginary rules of "thread etiquette" are really cute and all but really, you fuck up threads every time you post on them.:razz:

You two really ought to be proud of yourselves for fastest thread derailed by insignificant bullshit.. If you didn't have anything helpful to add, you *could* have just STFU and moved on.

Really???? Who gives a shit dis? What have you added to this thread. These imaginary rules of "thread etiquette" are really cute and all but really, you fuck up threads every time you post on them.:razz:

Quick instructions, and a legitimate link, puppy. Which is a far cry better than your attempted slam at anything that isn't a Mac.

EZ, RAM looks like long thin black wafers:

ram.jpg

They fit into slots on your PC's motherboard.

There are different kinds, do not just buy 'any' RAM it may not be compatible.

To add RAM, you have to open the PC case, remove the old RAM from the slots and install the new. Most PCs run best if you have two equal amounts of ram, one to a channel (the dual arrangment makes for smoother running).

Be VERY CAREFUL if you open the case, if you touch the board or the chips and have a static charge you can fry them and ruin your PC.

If you are not PC savy take it to someone like Geek squad and let them do the work, it will cost more but you will be sure you didn't mess it up.

Hmmmm, with all of the MACs I have owned, I just plug the printer in and print, never had a problem......... come to think of it, I have never had a problem with any of my MACs, no one that I know with a MAC has ever had a problem either.......... I guess that means they suck, right?:razz:

This is all I remember about macs:

mac-bomb.gif

Hmmmm, with all of the MACs I have owned, I just plug the printer in and print, never had a problem......... come to think of it, I have never had a problem with any of my MACs, no one that I know with a MAC has ever had a problem either.......... I guess that means they suck, right?:razz:

yes, that is exactly what that means. I wouldn't wipe my mexican chilli explosion asshole with a mac. Go rub on your single button mouse, computer failure.

Single mouse button :lol:

It would be like having one hole through which you shit, piss, have sex, and eat.

EZ, RAM looks like long thin black wafers:

ram.jpg

They fit into slots on your PC's motherboard.

Do we really need to bring family into this conversation?

Especially something as graphic as inserting long black things into a bored mother's slots.

I bought a new color printer today, keep trying to install it, but it is telling me my computer is not meeting the Ram required to install the program.

It says:

Current is 447 megabytes

Minimum is 512 megabytes

Recommended is 1024

WTH do I do to increase the computers RAM? :confused:

HELP! I'm going crazy!

Thanks!

{It's an HP Officejet J4580 all in All-in-one}

From one computer dummy to another(?), I would suggest that you delete the old print programs and see if that frees up some RAM. That was the problem with the last printer I bought, and realized I still had two old programs taking up space.

That said, printers in general suck. When I worked full-time, most of the problems the staff encountered that required a computer tech to fix concerned the printers. It's amazing the number of them that wound up at the recycling center because after a few months they began acting up and just weren't worth the trouble, so the company would simply replace them with more dogs. We tried everything: HPs, Canons, Epsen, Kodak and reliability was always a problem.

The last one that went goofy from my home was the last time I have even had a printer. Now when I need a hard copy, which is rare, I just forward it on to either my office to print or my next-door neighbor to print out for me.

Echo, one thing, how much on board RAM do you have (ie the total)? If you have enough on board RAM reboot your computer in "safe mode" (assuming it's Windoze), in Windoze that's the lowest possible memory used. If that doesn't offer enough free RAM for installation then you'll have no choice but to upgrade your OS (to Linux) or your on board RAM (what everyone else already recommended).

I bought a new color printer today, keep trying to install it, but it is telling me my computer is not meeting the Ram required to install the program.

It says:

Current is 447 megabytes

Minimum is 512 megabytes

Recommended is 1024

WTH do I do to increase the computers RAM? :confused:

HELP! I'm going crazy!

Thanks!

{It's an HP Officejet J4580 all in All-in-one}

This might help you with upgrading your RAM Hack Attack: How to install RAM - DIY - Lifehacker

From one computer dummy to another(?), I would suggest that you delete the old print programs and see if that frees up some RAM.
This is a good suggestion. There is actually a utility I believe, in Windows that finds this type of stuff and clears it up.

post the model number of your pc, or the motherboard model, and someone will tell you what ram to buy. If you are rocking 256mb and take Koder's ubuntu advice all you are doing is putting a band aid on a hemorrhaging wound. Just so you know, installing ubuntu doesn't make 256 mb of ram perform like 8 fucking gigs of ram even if the zombies let you assume as much. sometimes, ram goes bad and needs to be replaced. I'm a little unsurprised that our local experts didn't mention this already.

post the model number of your pc, or the motherboard model, and someone will tell you what ram to buy. If you are rocking 256mb and take Koder's ubuntu advice all you are doing is putting a band aid on a hemorrhaging wound. Just so you know, installing ubuntu doesn't make 256 mb of ram perform like 8 fucking gigs of ram even if the zombies let you assume as much. sometimes, ram goes bad and needs to be replaced. I'm a little unsurprised that our local experts didn't mention this already.

Okay, now I know you work for a MS brainwashed company, no sane person who knows anything about computers would say anything like that. You also didn't even read what Echo was asking.

Sorry to burst the bubble, I know one person who had a lot of problems with one. Got a new one, that seems to be fine though.

Go to crucial.com

Choose "scan my computer" and it will check to see how much RAM you have and how much your computer will allow. Then it will give you the option to purchase.

I purchased from this company because I found the RAM they were selling was competitive with other prices. But once you find out what you need, you can shop around.

Make sure once you have purchased your new RAM, that you find a MAN that can install it.

BTW...what printer did you purchase (or steal)?

EDIT: I see you mentioned the printer.

I have always thought it was pretty delightful for a lady to help me out with the ram...

Okay, now I know you work for a MS brainwashed company, no sane person who knows anything about computers would say anything like that. You also didn't even read what Echo was asking.

I invite you to point out EXACTLY what you think was so taboo. the fact that you assumed expertise without nary a fucking specific example just another layer of hilarity upon your zombification.

Forum List

Back