Hello to everyone.

I was in the Navy airforces, got to be catapulted off an aircraft carrier. What a rush!
Pilot, BN or aircrew? On what type aircraft?

I was a helo pilot, first Marine Corps 46s then Navy SH-3s. USS Saratoga and USS Independence. 86-89
Don't laugh but I was a technical librarian aboard the Kittyhawk, flew off while we were on a Wespac bombing Vietnam. I transferred to an airbase in South Vietnam and became a plane captain. Spent four years in the Navy and it was the best tour I ever had.

I don't know if I done this yet or not, I'm tech impaired. I'm a Calif. transplant who now lives in Louisiana. I write mystery books and research is everything so I'm looking for intelligent conversations with people who don't need to tear my throat out when I give my opinions. I'm into politics though I am not a member of any party, I follow the news and try to dodge the hyperbole that is always being fed the public. I'm looking forward to talking to people with fresh ideas, new perspectives, and honest hearts.

Welcome to the Board.

Do you get a lot of good research from online forums for your book ideas?
I'm just now going in that direction. I do research online but mostly for facts, quotes and current events. I read a book a week from my fellow mystery writers and new story ideas and character pop into my head. But I want interaction, if I say something I'm interested in the response from someone else. I want different angles that I can think about especially if someone wants to change my mind about something as long as they don't attack. I turn my back to it.

I have to do research for a research methods class and I don't enjoy it. But I wouldn't mind doing ethnographic research.

I don't know if I done this yet or not, I'm tech impaired. I'm a Calif. transplant who now lives in Louisiana. I write mystery books and research is everything so I'm looking for intelligent conversations with people who don't need to tear my throat out when I give my opinions. I'm into politics though I am not a member of any party, I follow the news and try to dodge the hyperbole that is always being fed the public. I'm looking forward to talking to people with fresh ideas, new perspectives, and honest hearts.
Take the not so fresh ideas, old perspectives and dishonest hearts you'll find here and write a good psychotic mystery novel......... :thup:
Thanks for the advice, I like your mindset. I'm sure I'll be able to find many more characters on this forum.

Don't be so hasty about finding characters. JakeStarkey will find you soon enough.
DJ_EarlyBirdOwlFinal2.jpg

Thank you for the greeting. From what I'm seeing you guy must have been here a long time. Must be a think tank, I'm thinking.

Hello.
Howdy, interesting quotes. Everyone is a philosopher to their own degree. I love quotes and one of my favorites is from Eleanor Roosevelt which goes: Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Take the not so fresh ideas, old perspectives and dishonest hearts you'll find here and write a good psychotic mystery novel......... :thup:
Thanks for the advice, I like your mindset. I'm sure I'll be able to find many more characters on this forum.

Don't be so hasty about finding characters. JakeStarkey will find you soon enough.
DJ_EarlyBirdOwlFinal2.jpg
Could anybody in their right mind have guessed that Trump would end up in Casa Blanca? I really thought that the ignorant people, those who do not pay attention...had any power in this country. I'm not a liberal nor a follower of the GOP doctrine. I feel that life is a pendulum and it spends way too much time away from the center.

[TREADght Owl, post: 17036582, member: 62178"]
Welcome, Night Owl.
Thank you, I'm getting quite a welcome from a eclectic group. I'm looking forward some good conversation. What area would you suggest I approach first? I've had a couple of thoughts to throw out there but I want to tread softly until I see which way the wind blows. lol[/QUOTE]

TREAD SOFTLY! TREAD SOFTLY! I'm pretty new too. (And tech impaired as well) If you don't watch where yer going you'll end up like me... I still have beat marks all over my head from these wretches.
That's probably a lie.
Anyways... welcome!

There's a reason I call this the best little insane asylum on the interwebz....... :eusa_whistle:

:welcome:

What part of Louisiana?
I read you Asimov quote, nothing ever really changes does it?
Correct, but on Pogo, if you say anything Right of far Left, you'll find out he doesn't appreciate intellectualism as much as Isaac Asimov did.

There's another tip for the OP. Wags around here have no clue on the distinction between "leftist" an "Liberal". Plus they get so butthurt from being asswhupped in a United Airlines thread that they come to an Intro thread to whine about it.

I've been catapulted but it involved youth and beer. The results weren't pretty, I'll tell ya that much.

:welcome:

What part of Louisiana?
I'm in Denham Springs, I was one of the lucky ones that didn't go under in the flood. My neighbors were hit bad, still living in Fema trailers and working on their houses.

Ah yes, well I was in NOLA at the time and took the occasion to move to the higher ground of Appalachia. Still go back here and there, and yet don't have to live there.

If you're not riding 750cc+ with 4v/cyl, you're not really riding!

I always bugged a friend of mine to let me ride his "racing bike" which was 600cc

Mine was 750cc

After a few beers one night, we swapped for a little ridey ridey.

After we got back, he wanted mine and I wanted mine.

As far as "catapulted" I've done a Superman impersonation @ 74 mph.

It's all good while you're flying through the air, different story when you feel your skin being scrubbed away by the pavement.

It is a mystery to me why people don't get avatars !!
What does you avatar say about you?
Avatars usually represent the person, some use it as an advertisement or to make a statement which is why you'll see men with avatars of bikini-clad women or a political figure as a zombie or clown.

Your choice really. My preference is to represent the person.

Forum List

Back