Hello to everyone.

I don't know if I done this yet or not, I'm tech impaired. I'm a Calif. transplant who now lives in Louisiana. I write mystery books and research is everything so I'm looking for intelligent conversations with people who don't need to tear my throat out when I give my opinions. I'm into politics though I am not a member of any party, I follow the news and try to dodge the hyperbole that is always being fed the public. I'm looking forward to talking to people with fresh ideas, new perspectives, and honest hearts.
You've come to the wrong place. ;) Welcome to the Funhouse.

If you've been on political forums before, then you know they are mostly inhabited by highly partisan assholes who will love you when you agree with them and despise you when you don't. The weak usually choose an extreme point of view and stick to it. Intelligent people try to see both sides of an equation and get hammered by the extremes of both sides. If you have a tough skin and a good flamesuit, you'll have fun. :)

Housewarming gift for ya, NightOwl:

NIGHT_OWL_Lee_Romao.jpg
This is extremely cool. I don't know how to use this I'll have to ask my wife. lol. She's the techie in our house.

Housewarming gift for ya, NightOwl:

NIGHT_OWL_Lee_Romao.jpg
This is extremely cool. I don't know how to use this I'll have to ask my wife. lol. She's the techie in our house.
It would make a good avatar. If I recall correctly (IIRC), you'll need to resize it to 200x200. Right click on it if you are using a PC, then click save. That will download the picture. Try to resize it with paint or some other picture program then upload it as your avatar: Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I don't know if I done this yet or not, I'm tech impaired. I'm a Calif. transplant who now lives in Louisiana. I write mystery books and research is everything so I'm looking for intelligent conversations with people who don't need to tear my throat out when I give my opinions. I'm into politics though I am not a member of any party, I follow the news and try to dodge the hyperbole that is always being fed the public. I'm looking forward to talking to people with fresh ideas, new perspectives, and honest hearts.

If you've been on political forums before, then you know they are mostly inhabited by highly partisan assholes who will love you when you agree with them and despise you when you don't. The weak usually choose an extreme point of view and stick to it. Intelligent people try to see both sides of an equation and get hammered by the extremes of both sides. If you have a tough skin and a good flamesuit, you'll have fun. :)
Yes, people can be so fanatical about their beliefs and it's just amazing to me. They just shut their minds off to different opinions, how can they learn anything?

Yes, people can be so fanatical about their beliefs and it's just amazing to me. They just shut their minds off to different opinions, how can they learn anything?
I think most people here come for fun, not learning. I do learn, but I'm mainly here for the entertainment value; my wife appreciates it because it keeps me out of the tittie bars and off the streets.

I think most people here come for fun, not learning. I do learn, but I'm mainly here for the entertainment value; my wife appreciates it because it keeps me out of the tittie bars and off the streets.
Boy that reminds me of my motorcycle days, bar hopping and acting crazy. I rode for years but when I dropped it going through an intersection and almost got run over by a bus I gave it up. Still like bikes though!

Boy that reminds me of my motorcycle days, bar hopping and acting crazy. I rode for years but when I dropped it going through an intersection and almost got run over by a bus I gave it up. Still like bikes though!
I loved riding bikes too, but too many idiotic four-wheel drivers out there. I never owned anything big. Had a Honda XL250 I rode from work in Tustin, CA in the early 80s and a Yamaha 360 I rode on base at NAS Jacksonville, FL in the late 80s.

The nice things about my Honda was that 1) I could legally "white line" through traffic and 2) I could ride drunk from the Officer's Club to my apartment and no cops would ever stop me since all bikes wobble. :D

I loved riding bikes too, but too many idiotic four-wheel drivers out there. I never owned anything big. Had a Honda XL250 I rode from work in Tustin, CA in the early 80s and a Yamaha 360 I rode on base at NAS Jacksonville, FL in the late 80s.
My biggest bike was a 750 yamaha but I often went over a hundred on it. I lived in the wine country of northern calif and the windy roads up there were the best! Worst place to ride? City streets, very dangerous.

Take the not so fresh ideas, old perspectives and dishonest hearts you'll find here and write a good psychotic mystery novel......... :thup:
Thanks for the advice, I like your mindset. I'm sure I'll be able to find many more characters on this forum.

Don't be so hasty about finding characters. JakeStarkey will find you soon enough.
DJ_EarlyBirdOwlFinal2.jpg

Forum List

Back