Hello From The SouthWest

Welcome in HikerGuy! Not sure what peaked your interest but there so many different topics and really some great information you can find here if you look for it. Great posters, good posters, funny ones, snarky ones, and Chamaeleon types as well! Lol Enjoy your time here!

Welcome in HikerGuy! Not sure what peaked your interest but there so many different topics and really some great information you can find here if you look for it. Great posters, good posters, funny ones, snarky ones, and Chamaeleon types as well! Lol Enjoy your time here!

To be transparent: I am a conservative (for whatever that is worth).

But, I struggle to find vehicles to discuss politics absent the worthless (and I chose that word purposefully) back-and-forth between those on the left and those on the right. On other boards, I have been all to prone to jump into the fray and waste my time in the same.

I would hope to do better here.

To be transparent: I am a conservative (for whatever that is worth).

But, I struggle to find vehicles to discuss politics absent the worthless (and I chose that word purposefully) back-and-forth between those on the left and those on the right. On other boards, I have been all to prone to jump into the fray and waste my time in the same.

I would hope to do better here.
I relate well to that constant “back and forth” made a lot worse with specific individuals in the mix. It’s much less here compared to political chat, but still a factor on this format.

You will soon identify a few posters who just pile on and they don’t really say anything of value.

I am a conservative constitutionalist who tests out on the issues as a non-authoritarian libertarian leaning to the right. I hope we can engage in conversations along with many others, who can discuss the issues using logic first and emotions second, if at all. I can get caught up into the emotions frequently and agree it’s a total waste of time, but I’m doing much better lol Picking my battles with posters who can engage without resorting to worthless banter ruining the entire thread where you have to scroll for the next worthwhile poster. We need a garbage department to take out the trash! Lol

Don't ever recall using that avatar name.

Someone really had the name "pooterhead"?
lol. No. She joined as Potterhead because she WUVS harry potter. Then she changed her nic to The Doctors Wife. Now she is FJB..which won't last long.

I call her pooterhead because that's what she is.

Anyway....tell us more about yourself.

Edited cuz you posted info that I missed.

We're nosey, ya know. :auiqs.jpg:

Welcome! The only advice I have is try not to take things personally. It's the Wild West here.
However, I see you have the tools to make you the master of death...so you got a leg up there. :)

omg. Immagonna smack you.
Potter fans are fine. Idiots...not so much.

You know how I am. Whenever someone new shows up, I always have to look on other social media for members using the same name and avatar. Just being curious. The avatar is the Deathly Hallows symbol from Harry Potter, and the name checks out as being a legitimate person, not a bot.

You'd be surprised how many people use the same name and avatar on multiple boards. Like they say: "In space, nobody can hear you scream. But on the internet, everyone can hear you scream forever." :04:

Don't ever recall using that avatar name.

Someone really had the name "pooterhead"?

No, that was me,.. I was Potterhead until everybody thought I was a guy and then I was The Doctor's Wife and everybody thought I was married to a doctor, so now I'm FJB for fuck Joe Biden. XD Anyways, welcome to the forum. :biggrin: (Btw, some of the people in this thread I have on ignore for the record and I know who they are and they know who they are too. Just thought I would point that out. I can't tell you on here which ones are liars and meatheads, but if you want to know more about them and why they're on ignore I can PM you if you wish. :) )

lol. No. She joined as Potterhead because she WUVS harry potter. Then she changed her nic to The Doctors Wife. Now she is FJB..which won't last long.

I call her pooterhead because that's what she is.

Anyway....tell us more about yourself.

Edited cuz you posted info that I missed.

We're nosey, ya know. :auiqs.jpg:

Welcome! The only advice I have is try not to take things personally. It's the Wild West here.
However, I see you have the tools to make you the master of death...so you got a leg up there. :)

I've looked in on the board from time to time.

I lost it with the board I was on:

1. It was way to slow (only 5 or 6 people who posted regularly).
2. There was no way to even engender a conversation without all the typical stereotypes coming to life.
3. I voted for Trump twice. But I don't support much of what he's done since losing the 2020 election. Somehow that made me a RINO.
4. I finally just called it quits.

I am posting to another board that has a higher concentration of left-wingers than conservatives so I stay to specific forums. There are some very thoughtful and educated folks (on both sides) that are helping me to learn.

I've put several of them on ignore already and expect to do the same here.

I need to discipline myself against the overt sillyness that routinely takes place on message boards.

No, that was me,.. I was Potterhead until everybody thought I was a guy and then I was The Doctor's Wife and everybody thought I was married to a doctor, so now I'm FJB for fuck Joe Biden. XD Anyways, welcome to the forum. :biggrin: (Btw, some of the people in this thread I have on ignore for the record and I know who they are and they know who they are too. Just thought I would point that out. I can't tell you on here which ones are liars and meatheads, but if you want to know more about them and why they're on ignore I can PM you if you wish. :) )

Who are you and what did you do with the Doctor's Wife?

Please release her immediately I say, or I shall tell on you.

Forum List

Back