Hello! from Sunni Man

I'll give you that:

And the angel of the Lord said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the Lord hath heard thy affliction.
And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of his brethren.

Genesis 16:11-12

Spoken of the first Arab.
Written by Jews. What did you expect it to say?

Written by Jews. What did you expect it to say?

But we should believe stuff written by murderous Arabs that have as their supposed Prophet a WARRIOR.

The concept that God would send Jesus and his message of peace and then just what 700 years later send Mohammad with his message of murder and mayhem? Ya that sounds right.

if the big bang occured in one day, (an enormous amount of light in the vast darkness), before the sun's existence in the milkyway, then the passage could actually be correct....we are just not understanding genesis, and have put our own, humanly understanding to it, which has deceived us....?

is my best guess! :)

care
I suppose that would work. But how then do you define day...

It's a hard concept to swallow.
Myself, I don't believe the bible has been dumbed down for us. I think when it says 7 days it means 7 days...whatever that might mean to God or in that time frame. It might have been 7x24 hours. It might have been 7 aeons, if you're counting days from the time the sun was born. We aren't God, we can't expect to understand everything. We aren't perfect beings and we can't read his mind, see the future, the past, or even the whole picture. And we never will, until we're reunited with him.

I suppose that would work. But how then do you define day...

God's day is not our day, when it comes to time....

it gives us a hint of this in scripture, saying 'a day to God is like a thousand years to us'....

this does not mean God's day is precisely a thousand days to our day, it was a way of saying that we can not comprehend what a "day" is in God's time...

fundamentalists that try to say that the world was made in 6 (human)days are simply being arrogant, human....and not taking the Bible in FULL context, imho.

the Bible also states that He gathered the waters of the other planets and put it on Earth...so far, this has been proven to be true...signs that there was water on Mars at one time...and no water found today on the other planets we have explored either....

this is amazing to me, that such was writen thousands of years ago, long before space exploration, yet we have all the water in the milkyway...

The Bible also states that the universe was growing and there were more stars than any human could count...though humans had a count at the time of all the stars and planets they could see....but this was admonished, by God, where he stated there were 70 x 70 that amount....this was a saying that meant infinate...

it is humans trying to make God humanly, that has caused such fundamental beliefs of God making the earth in just 6 HUMAN DAYS.....or having the arrogance to state the precise number of stars in the universe....God, corrects us continually, we just fail to heed....imho.

Science is a beautiful thing....to me, it supports what God has stated in the Bible, it does not in any way diminish it....but hey, to each his own, i suppose! :D

Care

God's day is not our day, when it comes to time....

it gives us a hint of this in scripture, saying 'a day to God is like a thousand years to us'....

this does not mean God's day is precisely a thousand days to our day, it was a way of saying that we can not comprehend what a "day" is in God's time...

which is why the bible isn't inconsistent with evolution.

fundamentalists that try to say that the world was made in 6 (human)days are simply being arrogant, human....and not taking the Bible in FULL context, imho.

As are people who pretend to know the mind of their creator...

And see, I think Christians who won't accept that God has the ability to create the universe in 7 days as arrogant, human, and don't accept the Bible as the word of God.

For all you Islamophobes here is a link to an article that might interest you. It might be of interest to anyone, regardless of whether they have opinions concerning Muslims.

Turns out the full article is no longer online, but there is an abstract for anyone interested.

Chronicles: The Book of Exodus: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

"CHRONICLES about Muslim librarian Dervis Korkut’s heroism in Sarajevo during World War II. When Yugoslavia was divided, in 1941, Sarajevo did not fare well. Hitler’s ally, Ante Pavelic, proclaimed that his new state must be “cleansed” of Jews and Serbs. Jews, Gypsies, and Serbian resisters turned frantically to Muslim or Croat neighbors to hide them. The Bosnian National Museum’s chief librarian, Dervis Korkut, was an unlikely figure of resistance, but he’d already made his anti-Fascist feelings clear, in an article defending Sarajevo’s Jews. In 1942, when Nazi commander Johann Fortner arrived at the museum, Korkut rescued the museum’s greatest literary treasure, a masterpiece of medieval Judaica known as the Sarajevo Haggadah. Korkut was the scion of a prosperous family of Muslim intellectuals. ...."

For all you Islamophobes here is a link to an article that might interest you. It might be of interest to anyone, regardless of whether they have opinions concerning Muslims.

Turns out the full article is no longer online, but there is an abstract for anyone interested.

Chronicles: The Book of Exodus: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

"CHRONICLES about Muslim librarian Dervis Korkut’s heroism in Sarajevo during World War II. When Yugoslavia was divided, in 1941, Sarajevo did not fare well. Hitler’s ally, Ante Pavelic, proclaimed that his new state must be “cleansed” of Jews and Serbs. Jews, Gypsies, and Serbian resisters turned frantically to Muslim or Croat neighbors to hide them. The Bosnian National Museum’s chief librarian, Dervis Korkut, was an unlikely figure of resistance, but he’d already made his anti-Fascist feelings clear, in an article defending Sarajevo’s Jews. In 1942, when Nazi commander Johann Fortner arrived at the museum, Korkut rescued the museum’s greatest literary treasure, a masterpiece of medieval Judaica known as the Sarajevo Haggadah. Korkut was the scion of a prosperous family of Muslim intellectuals. ...."
Thank you for the article.

Most people don't realise that Muslims have usually been friends and protecters of the Jews throughout history.

Muslims are not enemies of Jews or Judiasm. We respect them and their religion.

But we are enemies of the fascist Zionists who control Israel. And the sick, brutal tactics they use to committ genocide on people of the surrounding countries.

Thank you for the article.

Most people don't realise that Muslims have usually been friends and protecters of the Jews throughout history.

Muslims are not enemies of Jews or Judiasm. We respect them and their religion.

But we are enemies of the fascist Zionists who control Israel. And the sick, brutal tactics they use to committ genocide on people of the surrounding countries.

Actually, Jews historically did bettter under Muslim rule than they did under Christian rule. But the circumstances change when we're talking about the fundies, don't they?

And Islam only respects the "men of the book" if they're subjugated to Islam, no?

Actually, Jews historically did bettter under Muslim rule than they did under Christian rule. But the circumstances change when we're talking about the fundies, don't they?

And Islam only respects the "men of the book" if they're subjugated to Islam, no?
All Muslims respect the "People of the Book". Jews and Christians.

But the Zionists rulers of Israel are non religious secular fascists who murder innocent people and bring terror to their neighbors.

Once Israel is destroyed and becomes just a footnote in the history books. The natural friendship between Muslims and Jews will blossom again.

THat's just great.
I suppose you'll destroy it with sunshine beams and lotus blossoms...

Forum List

Back