Hello! from Sunni Man

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
I have been on the fourm for a couple of days. So I thought I had better introduce myself.

Lived most of my life in Oklahoma and Texas. Currently living in Yankee land. Boston!! :eek:

I am an American convert to Islam and have been a Muslim for over 7 years.

Before converting to Islam, I was a very dedicated Christian and am well versed in the Bible.

I am a Vietnam Era Vet and am totally opposed to the Iraq War.

Also, I am very conservative in my politics, but have turned my back to the Republican Party.

My wife is from the Middle East, speaks Arabic, and wears the Hijab. (scarf)

Any questions on Islam or the Quran are welcome.

I have been on the fourm for a couple of days. So I thought I had better introduce myself.

Lived most of my life in Oklahoma and Texas. Currently living in Yankee land. Boston!! :eek:

Before converting to Islam, I was a very dedicated Christian and am well versed in the Bible.

Also, I am very conservative in my politics, but have turned my back to the Republican Party.

I guess that explains the username.:) I'm fairly new here as well but welcome.:cool:

Welcome.

I am curious as to what made you decide to convert.
Also, why does your wife wear a hijab? I've heard several different reasons why women choose to wear it.

Welcome.

I am curious as to what made you decide to convert.
Also, why does your wife wear a hijab? I've heard several different reasons why women choose to wear it.
Thank You for the welcome Anguille!!

To answer your question: After reading the Bible many times, I came to the realization that Jesus was NOT God and he never said that he was God. Also as a Rabbi, Jesus Never ate pork or violated any of the Jewish Torah Laws.

In my veiw Christianity had been hijacked by Paul and turned into something that Jesus never ment his teachings to reflect.

After reading the Quran and other Islamic studies. I found that Muhammad was only calling the Christians and Jews back to the origional religion of Abraham. The Quran and Islam were in sync with all of my personal, religious, spiritual, and political beliefs. So converting was very easy.

As for the Hijab, my wife is a very religious Muslim woman and would Never go outside of the home without being covered. No one forces her to wear it. It is both a sign of respect to God and a way to dress modestly in todays immoral secular society.

No, he used the term "I Am" to describe himself, and referred to himself and God as the same.

Also, in Genesis, there was God, and Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, together yet separate.

Last edited:
Thank You for the welcome Anguille!!

To answer your question: After reading the Bible many times, I came to the realization that Jesus was NOT God and he never said that he was God. Also as a Rabbi, Jesus Never ate pork or violated any of the Jewish Torah Laws.

In my veiw Christianity had been hijacked by Paul and turned into something that Jesus never ment his teachings to reflect.

After reading the Quran and other Islamic studies. I found that Muhammad was only calling the Christians and Jews back to the origional religion of Abraham. The Quran and Islam were in sync with all of my personal, religious, spiritual, and political beliefs. So converting was very easy.

As for the Hijab, my wife is a very religious Muslim woman and would Never go outside of the home without being covered. No one forces her to wear it. It is both a sign of respect to God and a way to dress modestly in todays immoral secular society.

I've always wondered why people who cover their heads out of respect for God think he doesn't want to see the tops of their heads. It always seemed to me as if they were hiding from God, trying to sneak around under his nose. Odd.
I'm part of secular society. I'm sorry to hear that you think I'm immoral without even knowing anything about me.
Thanks for answering my questions though.

Last edited:
No, he used the term "I Am" to describe himself, and referred to himself and God as the same.

Also, in Genesis, there was God, and Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, together yet separate.
In my reading of the Bible. Jesus is saying that he followeds God and his teachings to the letter. Hence, he was saying that if you see him, than you are seeing God like behavior and God like actions.

Christianity devolved into a polytheistic religion with the nonsensical 3 in 1 doctrine.

That's why I converted to Islam, which is a TRUE monothestic religion.

I've always wondered why people who cover their heads out of respect for God think he doesn't want to see the tops of their heads. It always seemed to me as if they were hiding from God, trying to sneak around under his nose. Odd.
I'm part of secular society. I'm sorry to hear that you think I'm immoral without even knowing anything about me.
Thanks for answering my questions though.
In my opinion, America has become a very immoral country.

Babies born to single motherws is now at 50.4%
1 in 4 teens has an STD
Gang menbers control the streets in many major cities.
Alcoholism and drunk driving are rampant and cause thousans of deaths.
Britney, Paris, Lindsey, and the like are the role models for Americas young girls.
Homosexuals have parades in most cities celebrating their perverted lifestyle.
"Girls gone Wild" is shown on TV as nornal. What Father wouldn't be proud of his daughter being seen on that video!!
Drugs are everwhere and crack heads roam the streets.
Abortion is an everyday procedure
Homosexuals are allowed to marry in some states

In my veiw, everyday our country is in moral decline and sinking fast.

Last edited:
In my reading of the Bible. Jesus is saying that he followeds God and his teachings to the letter. Hence, he was saying that if you see him, than you are seeing God like behavior and God like actions.

Christianity devolved into a polytheistic religion with the nonsensical 3 in 1 doctrine.

That's why I converted to Islam, which is a TRUE monothestic religion.

Yeah, that's fine and dandy, but that's not what the Bible says. He doesn't say you see God-like behavior. He refers to himself as God, and he existed in the beginning with and as God.

1 in 4 teens has an STD
Britney, Paris, Lindsey, and the like are the role models for Americas young girls.
"Girls gone Wild" is shown on TV as nornal. What Father wouldn't be proud of his daughter being seen on that video!!

In my veiw, everyday our country is in moral decline and sinking fast.

Yeah, in comparison to those Godly countries of Saudi Arabia and Iraq, where dictators gas their own people, men kill their wives and other women in the steets, and target innocents.

Those are the guys we should be taking lessons from when it comes to morality, I suppose.

Yeah, in comparison to those Godly countries of Saudi Arabia and Iraq, where dictators gas their own people, men kill their wives and other women in the steets, and target innocents.

Those are the guys we should be taking lessons from when it comes to morality, I suppose.
I have No idea why you are bringing up these other countries?

China and Russia have problems. So do many other nations.

I am an American born and raised. I am only concerned about the USA

Last edited:
Yeah, that's fine and dandy, but that's not what the Bible says. He doesn't say you see God-like behavior. He refers to himself as God, and he existed in the beginning with and as God.
Sorry, but that is not how I read the verses.

Besides, who was Jesus always praying to? Himself??

Last edited:

1 in 4 teens has an STD
Abortion is an everyday procedure
Homosexuals are allowed to marry in some states

it is much better to beat women who dont wear the burka
teens are killed for the families "honor" you can kill your daughter at any whim
taliban controls the streets
who werre the role models for the young girls beaten back into a burning building by the taliban for not being dressed modestly
drugs lol o please the largest producers of drugs are which countries....opiates
abortion occur in arab countries...women know how to abort with drugs and have done so since the beginning of time.
o yes homosexuals...that is kinda funny when in arab countries men greet each other with kisses

now here is how i feel...you want to be muslim go do it in an muslim country. I resent people like you bringing this type of hate to our country. and do not tell me islam is not a religion of hate. I have seen too many beheading of american soldiers...one being too many. If your fellow muslims had their way all americans would be dead. do you deny that? death to all infidels?
and how do you define jihad? Everyone else can welcome you..but you have turned your back on your country and you should leave. take your family to the great moral countries. you havent done that cause you know it is a bunch of bs and you would not make it long over there.

btw i am not a christian. I am very tolerate or was till your type elected to attack our country....the our does not include you. I consider you and your ilk traitors who should be exported as soon as possible. I would clear the entire muslim population out of this country.

I have No idea why you are bringing up these other countries?

China and Russia have problems. So do many other nations.

I am an American born and raised. I am only concerned about the USA

no sir you are not american you converted 7 years ago...was that before or after 9/11? you are a traitor.

it is much better to beat women who dont wear the burka
teens are killed for the families "honor" you can kill your daughter at any whim
taliban controls the streets
who werre the role models for the young girls beaten back into a burning building by the taliban for not being dressed modestly
drugs lol o please the largest producers of drugs are which countries....opiates
abortion occur in arab countries...women know how to abort with drugs and have done so since the beginning of time.
o yes homosexuals...that is kinda funny when in arab countries men greet each other with kisses

now here is how i feel...you want to be muslim go do it in an muslim country. I resent people like you bringing this type of hate to our country. and do not tell me islam is not a religion of hate. I have seen too many beheading of american soldiers...one being too many. If your fellow muslims had their way all americans would be dead. do you deny that? death to all infidels?
and how do you define jihad? Everyone else can welcome you..but you have turned your back on your country and you should leave. take your family to the great moral countries. you havent done that cause you know it is a bunch of bs and you would not make it long over there.

btw i am not a christian. I am very tolerate or was till your type elected to attack our country....the our does not include you. I consider you and your ilk traitors who should be exported as soon as possible. I would clear the entire muslim population out of this country.
Forget to take your meds today Strollingbones?

Forum List

Back