Who cares what you believe!

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
Everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe. The right-to-Life people believe that "Life begins at the moment of conception"

I believe that all the people of the world should be my slaves.

Who cares what you believe or what I believe!

All that we as human beings have is intelligence and reason that we can use to discern something called "TRUTH". It is only that "Truth" that we can agree on. No one's beliefs form a basis of agreement until those beliefs can be determined to be true through the tools of logic, reason and physical proof.

To date the best arguement that the "Right-to-life" people can offer is: "I BELIEVE life begins at the moments of conception".

Well, I believe that you should all give me all you're money. I really do.

Let's see some proof, O.K.?

Back in the 1970's the best science could only determine that a embryo/fetus was an individual when it was "viable". A very subjective standard. Nowadays science offers an much more object, concrete way of measuring individualism: When an embryo/fetus has DNA that is unique from that of the mother, it cannot be a part of the mother: it is therefore an individual.

Unfortunately, these "I BELIEVE" idiots, in their infinite conceipt, think that their opinion should rule the world. They can't scrape together an ounce of brains to figure out how to prove individualism in a way that matters.

BTW, I really do believe that everyone should give me all their money and be my slave...I Believe..I Believe...oh, I gonna have another beer...:eusa_shifty:

Do you think that we can prove that a zygote is a distinct set of DNA? Or, for that matter, that a heartbeat indicates an active central nervous system?

welcome to the party anyway. Dont take the free stomped mud holes in the ass personally.

I do not know exactly when an embryo/fetus/Zygote has distinct DNA, but whenever it has DNA, the science is developed enough to determine if it is distinct from that of the mother. How do you think DNA is used to determine guilt or innocense in rape cases? If they can measure the DNA of sperm cells, they can measure the DNA of an embryo/fetus/zygote.

But I'll bet that the AMA doesn't want anyone to know that.

Everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe. The right-to-Life people believe that "Life begins at the moment of conception"

All that we as human beings have is intelligence and reason that we can use to discern something called "TRUTH". It is only that "Truth" that we can agree on. No one's beliefs form a basis of agreement until those beliefs can be determined to be true through the tools of logic, reason and physical proof.

To date the best arguement that the "Right-to-life" people can offer is: "I BELIEVE life begins at the moments of conception".

Back in the 1970's the best science could only determine that a embryo/fetus was an individual when it was "viable". A very subjective standard. Nowadays science offers an much more object, concrete way of measuring individualism: When an embryo/fetus has DNA that is unique from that of the mother, it cannot be a part of the mother: it is therefore an individual.

Unfortunately, these "I BELIEVE" idiots, in their infinite conceipt, think that their opinion should rule the world. They can't scrape together an ounce of brains to figure out how to prove individualism in a way that matters.

BTW, I really do believe that everyone should give me all their money and be my slave...I Believe..I Believe...oh, I gonna have another beer...:eusa_shifty:

As much as I like your comments, I'm still confused. I think a woman should be able to abort, but until what point? the day before she's due? I think if the baby has downs or is severely retarded, they should have the option, especially when these bible thumpers won't help pay for the lifetime of cost.

but I don't know what the cut of should be for healthyb babies. I say after 3 months, or 4, it should be the point of no return, but only healthy babies.

just my opinion.

by the way, I think every female should greet me with oral.

At conception is the fertilized embryo alive? Yes it is.

What does the fertilized egg become? A human being.

What you believe is irrelevant to those simple facts.

At conception is the fertilized embryo alive? Yes it is.

What does the fertilized egg become? A human being.

What you believe is irrelevant to those simple facts.

Fact: An egg is not a chicken.. doesn't matter what the egg might ultimately become.

Fact: Not every religion or belief system believes that "life begins at conception"...

Conclusion: Government needs to stay out of the issue.

Fact: An egg is not a chicken.. doesn't matter what the egg might ultimately become.

Fact: Not every religion or belief system believes that "life begins at conception"...

LOL Fine, Government butt out, so when the masses burn down some hospital for either allowing abortions or not allowing abortions, I guess no one should be prosecuted, I mean since Government should stay out and all.

especially after the child is born but that's when all of a sudden , the rules change. At least women had a choice--twice !

Fact: Every fertilized egg is alive. (until something kills it)

Fact: Science, not just any "belief system" tells us that "life begins at conception". Your evolution from where it began (however it began) is an unending chain from the earliest life on Earth. Anywhere that chain was broken, life stopped for any plant, animal or human who had that chain broken.

Conclusion: The Federal government needs to stay out of the issue.

On Edit:
Who cares what you believe!

I do. And that's all the sanction I need.

Last edited:

Thank you for pointing out the obvious...once again.
Are they really this boneheaded? groan

You are wrong. My comment is not based on a religious belief. Red herring #1.

Nor do I advocate the government being "in the issue." Red herring #2.

But you might want to rethink that last comment. The federal government involving itself where it had no authority is the sole basis of your "right" to murder unborn human beings.

LOL Fine, Government butt out, so when the masses burn down some hospital for either allowing abortions or not allowing abortions, I guess no one should be prosecuted, I mean since Government should stay out and all.
So abortion clinics would start arming themselves and rid the world of pro-life nutjobs that are dumb enough to burn down clinics and hospitals. A win-win situation in my book. I agree, government should butt out.

Fact: Science, not just any "belief system" tells us that "life begins at conception".

Could you provide a link to that? I've searched a few times and discovered that there is no agreement among scientists that life begins at conception, so I'd be interested in seeing where you get your information from.

I think the problem is the different definitions of life. An embryo is alive in a sense, just like a sperm is alive or an egg is alive or one of your skin cells is alive. But that does not equate with “life.” It just means they are living cells.

Therefore we have to go further and define life either logically or by belief. Logically, all these things, i.e. the embryo, the sperm, the egg—have a potential for life but none of them are alive in the sense we are discussing. They only become alive when they are born.

Theologically anyone is of course welcome to believe whatever they wish. But basing the definition on what is unproven itself (a religious definition) is illogical.

People that believe life begins at birth have no problem letting the person carrying the embryo decide if she wishes to allow this potential for life to become life. People that define life by religious terms have a big problem letting anyone decide.

The best solution is to let your beliefs decide what you, yourself do and let others' beliefs decide what they, themselves do on this issue in particular because there is no agreement of moral philosophy.

I do not know exactly when an embryo/fetus/Zygote has distinct DNA, but whenever it has DNA, the science is developed enough to determine if it is distinct from that of the mother. How do you think DNA is used to determine guilt or innocense in rape cases? If they can measure the DNA of sperm cells, they can measure the DNA of an embryo/fetus/zygote.

Somebody slept through biology class, I think.

When two haploids merge to form a diploid that diploid's DNA is unique.

That would be, I suppose, what most people mean when they say the moment of conception.

Last edited:

Did you listen to Thom Hartmann? I never heard of zygote until yesterday.

Question. Isn't my spirm alive? Shouldn't then pro lifers worship it?

Did you listen to Thom Hartmann? I never heard of zygote until yesterday.

Question. Isn't my spirm alive? Shouldn't then pro lifers worship it?

Yes, that is the direction their argument MUST take.

Stupid, isn't it?

Not that I'm saying it isn't worth worshiping. ;)

Are you familiar with meiosis and fertilization? When both gametes join there is a distinct pattern of DNA. Rape cases aside, the fact remains that a zygote is not the "body" of the host uterus.

just sayin.

well, actually a fertalized chicken egg is STILL a chicken yet to be developed.. but chicken nonetheless. So, yes, it DOES matter what it becomes in regards to HUMANITY.

who is arguing from a religious angle?

conclusion: Your strawman argument fails.

An embryo is alive in a sense, just like a sperm is alive or an egg is alive or one of your skin cells is alive. But that does not equate with “life.” It just means they are living cells.

:lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back