Hell, where is it? What is it?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Seems like a lot of people have their own description of what hell is.
What and where do you think hell is?
If you were there do you think that you could recognize it?

"It is called tartarus in Greek (2Peter 2:4 translations "cast own to hell [tartarus]" or "cast them into hell"). Geenna in Old English "the Gehenna of fire" (place of torment). Hebrew it is Gehinnom "the valley of Himmon". Gehenna was also used to describe the mound area where the trash was thrown out to be burned on the outskirts of Old Jerusalem.
Sometimes also reference as Hades or the abode of the dead which is the Hebrew equivalent to Sheol "the grave" or "unseen" spiritually speaking this is the 'place of the dead' or being separated from God (without spiritual light). That place which is out of sight, the underworld, the lowest regions of earth (Adam- red earth). The grave is also descriptive of the human living in Hades when the spirit of life is absent from the carnal flesh. In the Book of Enoch this is described as a dry hot rocky place is where the spirit of Azazel is buried for seducing mankind.
The event of the spirit resurrecting the spiritually dead, "And the sea [see- thalassa- personification] gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them"
In the legends of Aesop, Thalassa appears as a woman formed of sea water rising up from her native element producing a tribe of fish. In many ancient cultures fish, agrah, and moon were using these terms to describe prosperity or wealth."

Hell is a frame of mind, but also living in a place where you don't have enough food, water or shelter and in constant fear of your life can also be hell, there are many places on earth that fit the bill.

Hell is under our feet - it is below us in the lower regions of the earth. It is a literal place of eternal suffering and torment. Jesus Christ died on the cross & shed His Own Blood for our sins, that whosoever would believe in their heart and confess with their mouth that He died on the cross and that God raised him from the dead on the 3rd day would be saved. If we repent of our sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved. Find a good Bible believing church that preaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ (the Doctrine of Jesus Christ not the Doctrines of men), be baptized and ask the LORD for the baptism of the Holy Spirit - read your bibles every day. Draw near the LORD and He will draw near to you. Ask Him to cleanse your hearts of all sin and unrighteousness and commit to following Him and obeying Him all the days of your life. That is what it means to be redeemed and to keep ones self out of hell. Those that endure until the end the same shall be saved. Amen.

Hell is a frame of mind, but also living in a place where you don't have enough food, water or shelter and in constant fear of your life can also be hell, there are many places on earth that fit the bill.
I must agree with you it is a frame of mind. The spirit of heaven and hell are within (human) mankind. People who live in actual fear are suffering regardless of it being an emotional fear (spiritually based) or an actual physical fear of not being sure what will happen or where they will be next.

Jesus Christ taught that hell was a literal place, RodISHI. The Bible disagrees with what you believe. Hell is not a frame of mind. Hell is a literal place.

Hell is under our feet - it is below us in the lower regions of the earth. It is a literal place of eternal suffering and torment. Jesus Christ died on the cross & shed His Own Blood for our sins, that whosoever would believe in their heart and confess with their mouth that He died on the cross and that God raised him from the dead on the 3rd day would be saved. If we repent of our sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved. Find a good Bible believing church that preaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ (the Doctrine of Jesus Christ not the Doctrines of men), be baptized and ask the LORD for the baptism of the Holy Spirit - read your bibles every day. Draw near the LORD and He will draw near to you. Ask Him to cleanse your hearts of all sin and unrighteousness and commit to following Him and obeying Him all the days of your life. That is what it means to be redeemed and to keep ones self out of hell. Those that endure until the end the same shall be saved. Amen.

Thank you for your input Jeri. I must share with you though that faith is stronger than merely reading or exercise in a religious belief system. I have a very dear friend who called me many years ago who was Chinese. She lived about sixty miles from us so I did physically see her but a few times a year. When she called me she was in duress because she had some oriental friends telling her she was going to hell if she did not pay into their church. She did not read English and her call to me was to ask for advice. She was dying you see and did not have a whole lot of time. Short form of the story is that she was baptized and believed with her whole heart. It was about two years later that we were living thirteen hundred miles apart. Exhausted one day I lay down to rest. I saw her in my sleep (a vision) dressed in a white flowing gown dancing and laughing around a silver pole. She was full of joy. I shared what I saw with my husband when he got home that evening.

Sitting having coffee the next morning we got a phone call from my friends husband. She passed away the evening before. He said it was very odd because the doctors were going to send her home a they thought she was better. She been up around the room dancing around with her IV pole and then lay down and as she went to sleep she was gone.

Jesus Christ taught that hell was a literal place, RodISHI. The Bible disagrees with what you believe. Hell is not a frame of mind. Hell is a literal place.
Jesus instruct us to follow him in spirit and truth. The spirit is a real place.

The spiritual realm is a realm of the dimension you are currently living in. Which is why Elisha prayed for Gehazi and asked the LORD to open His eyes that he would see that there were more of "us" (angels of the LORD were greater in number) than them (the Syrian army that surrounded the dwelling place they were in) he could see that realm. If God were to open your eyes in your home to see the spiritual realm, you would not see hell. The LORD would have to take you there in the spirit but you would nonetheless be witnessing the physical realm /reality of hell - even as Mary K. Baxter did when she was taken there to see with her own eyes the reality of hell. Again - hell is a literal place. Not a "frame of mind".

Those who are in hell - are experiencing that suffering with all five of their senses. ALL FIVE. They are given indestructible bodies that continue to be destroyed and return over and over and over again. Hell is a literal place.

If you are a born again Christian you should believe the Holy Bible and what it says, RodISHI. You cannot pick and choose what you like and disregard the rest. You must believe on and receive the Whole Word of God. Not part of it.

The spiritual realm is a realm of the dimension you are currently living in. Which is why Elisha prayed for Gehazi and asked the LORD to open His eyes that he would see that there were more of "us" (angels of the LORD were greater in number) than them (the Syrian army that surrounded the dwelling place they were in) he could see that realm. If God were to open your eyes in your home to see the spiritual realm, you would not see hell. The LORD would have to take you there in the spirit but you would nonetheless be witnessing the physical realm /reality of hell - even as Mary K. Baxter did when she was taken there to see with her own eyes the reality of hell. Again - hell is a literal place. Not a "frame of mind".

Those who are in hell - are experiencing that suffering with all five of their senses. ALL FIVE. They are given indestructible bodies that continue to be destroyed and return over and over and over again. Hell is a literal place.

If you are a born again Christian you should believe the Holy Bible and what it says, RodISHI. You cannot pick and choose what you like and disregard the rest. You must believe on and receive the Whole Word of God. Not part of it.
You cannot change the writings either with your own or someone elses (carnal) precepts.

Jesus speaking directly to the pharissees who did not believe then nor do the ones living today believe what was being shared with them:

Luke 17:21 "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

It is in the mind regardless of how you try to frame it. I know of nowhere that it is written that demons (spiritual beings) are "given indestructible bodies". Five carnal senses, five stone kings. Jesus stepped out of heaven and came down, no? Different levels of heaven, are there not? Just because you do not care for the way another describes what they have been shown where the spirit resides you want to take issue? You may want to go back and revisit some of your own words of warning.

You cannot change the writings either with your own or someone elses (carnal) precepts.

Jesus speaking directly to the pharissees who did not believe then nor do the ones living today believe what was being shared with them:

Luke 17:21 "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

It is in the mind regardless of how you try to frame it. I know of nowhere that it is written that demons (spiritual beings) are "given indestructible bodies". Five carnal senses, five stone kings. Jesus stepped out of heaven and came down, no? Different levels of heaven, are there not? Just because you do not care for the way another describes what they have been shown where the spirit resides you want to take issue? You may want to go back and revisit some of your own words of warning.

I'm quoting the Word of God. What does Luke 17:21 have to do with hell being a literal place? Search the Scriptures. The truth about hell is all there. This is a video that reminds us the importance of the great commission - to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost.

Hell in the Scriptures

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction..." —2nd Thessalonians 1:8,9

lake_of_fire3.jpg
So many people today don't believe in a literal place called Hell that burns with fire and brimstone (Revelation 21:8), where all who die in their sins without Jesus Christ go to be punished for all eternity. Sadly, there are countless people who twist the Scriptures in an attempt to teach that Hell is not what the Bible says it is... a place of flaming torment.

The Bible contains an overwhelming amount of irrefutable evidence teaching that Hell is indeed a literal place of torment, where those who die in their sins without Jesus Christ are punished in flaming fire and vengeance by God (2nd Thessalonians 1:8,9).

Here are many Scriptures to consider...

Numbers 26:10…

“And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men: and they became a sign.”

Korah and the men who rebelled with him against Moses were swallowed into Hell beneath.

Psalm 9:17…

“The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.”

Carefully notice that "hell" here cannot merely mean "the grave" as some foolishly teach. For if "hell" only means the grave, then where do the righteous go? The Bible plainly teaches that the righteous and the wicked do NOT go to the same place. The wicked are turned into Hell; but the righteous unto life eternal.

Psalm 139:8…

“If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.”

The contrast here is between Heaven and Hell; not between Heaven and the grave. Also notice the interesting phrase... "If I make my bed in hell." Everyone who goes to Hell chooses to go there by rejecting Jesus as their Christ. It is sinful men who make their own bed in Hell. No sinner must go to Hell. The gift of eternal life is freely offered to all mankind through faith in Christ Jesus (John 14:6; Acts 10:43; Revelation 22:17).

Isaiah 5:14…

“Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.”

It wouldn't make any sense if "hell" merely meant the grave. What point would there be in condemning the wicked to hell if that's the same place where the righteous go? Clearly, Hell is a place only for the wicked who die in their sins. The righteous go to heaven to be with the Lord (2nd Corinthians 5:8).

Ezekiel 31:16…

“I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit…”

Clearly, this Scripture defines "hell" as being more than the grave. The Bible speaks about "descending into the pit." The Bible also speaks of being "cast into Hell," which clearly implies judgment from a holy God. If "hell" merely meant grave as Mormons, Jehovah's Witness and other false prophets teach, then God would have said that the righteous shall be cast into hell too; but the Bible NEVER says that anywhere!!! Only the wicked shall be cast into Hell, a bottomless pit, where Satan is called "the angel of the bottomless pit" (Revelation 9:11).

According to a Revelation received by the Prophet Joseph Smith, The various kingdoms of the afterlife were revealed. Basically there are 4 Major divisions or places where people will go once they have finished their mortal probation.

1. Celestial Kingdom - this is where all the faithful followers of Christ will go. Eventually this will be on this earth once it is celestialized.

2. Terrestrial Kingdom - This is where honorable people of the earth will go who were deceived by the world and rejected Christ but lived relatively good lives.

3. Telestial Kingdom - This is where most of the bad people of the earth will go. This is called Hell. The murderers, thieves, whoremongers, etc will go here. Those who have loved darkness more than light.

These three kingdoms are likened unto the Sun, Moon, and Stars for their differing glory.

4. Outer Darkness - This is the place reserved for the Sons of Perdition. These are they who have had great light given to them in their lives and knew the truthfulness of Christ and his gospel and still rejected it and come out in open rebellion against it. This is where Satan and his angels will be. Of this place the scriptures tell us:

Doctrine and Covenants 76:42-49
42 That through him all might be saved whom the Father had put into his power and made by him;
43 Who glorifies the Father, and saves all the works of his hands, except those sons of perdition who deny the Son after the Father has revealed him.
44 Wherefore, he saves all except them—they shall go away into everlasting punishment, which is endless punishment, which is eternal punishment, to reign with the devil and his angels in eternity, where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched, which is their torment—
45 And the end thereof, neither the place thereof, nor their torment, no man knows;
46 Neither was it revealed, neither is, neither will be revealed unto man, except to them who are made partakers thereof;
47 Nevertheless, I, the Lord, show it by vision unto many, but straightway shut it up again;
48 Wherefore, the end, the width, the height, the depth, and the misery thereof, they understand not, neither any man except those who are ordained unto this condemnation.
49 And we heard the voice, saying: Write the vision, for lo, this is the end of the vision of the sufferings of the ungodly.

To read the entire Revelation go to Doctrine and Covenants 76

1 Corinthians 15:39-44
39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Last edited:
More Scriptures on the reality of hell:

Matthew 5:28,29…

“But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”

The Bible plainly teaches that all sinners are condemned to Hell. If "hell" simply means grave, then what harm or worry is there in fornicating, getting drunk, raping, murdering, partying with illegal drugs and committing all sorts of other sins? There would be none. If there is NO place of punishment in eternity, then there is NO justice for all the victims of crimes committed in this earthly life. So then what advantage is there to being righteous? If one believes that the Bible is God's Word, then you absolutely must believe that Hell is a literal place of torment and anguish, that burns with searing flames of fire and brimstone, where sinners are punished for their sins against a holy God.

Matthew 16:18…

“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

This is a very interesting Scripture. The word "gates" denotes the entrance (also the exit) of Hell. I heard one preacher say that the gates of Hell cannot prevent the Gospel from snatching souls from the depths of Hell. Of course, one who dies in their sins without the Lord is hopelessly lost for ever and ever. There are no second chances once a soul leaves this earthly life. There is NO such place as Purgatory and no amount of prayer or contributions to one's church can lessen God's flaming vengeance upon those who die in their sins without Jesus Christ.

This Scripture plainly teaches that the Church's arch enemy is Satan and the forces of Hell. We also see this evidenced by Ephesians 6:12. Our battle is not against flesh and blood (humanity); but against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places (the gates of Hell).

Matthew 23:15…

“Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.”

The Bible speaks of being "a child of Hell." Matthew 5:9 speaks of the "children of God." Galatians 3:26 wonderfully states, "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus." Amen! Jesus called the scribes and Pharisees the children of Hell. The Pope is a child of Hell. Every Catholic priest is a child of Hell. Every Lutheran minister is a child of Hell. Every Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, Catholic, Seventh-Day Adventist, Scientologist, Christian Scientist, Moonie, Buddhist, Hindu, Zoroastrian, Wiccan, Muslim, Judaist, Lordship Salvationist, and New Ager is a child of Hell.

Matthew 23:33,34…

“Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city."

Jesus warned about the "damnation of Hell," and He spoke about "escaping" the damnation of Hell. If hell is merely the grave, or not so bad a place as fools today teach, then why would we need to escape it's damnation? If the wicked go to the same eternal place as the righteous, then why do we need to escape it? What is the damnation for the Pharisees and scribes if their fate is no different than the fate of the righteous? Common sense tells the honest student of the Bible that Hell must be a literal place of torment and fire, i.e., damnation.

Mark 9:45,46…

“And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.”

The Bible teaches that love for personal sins is the primary reason why sinners won't come to Jesus to be saved (John 3:20). We read from the Scriptures that hell's fire will never be quenched. The "worm that dieth not" may refer to one's conscience which will eat away at them for eternity. The worst part about Hell won't be the flames of torment, it will be knowing in your heart that Jesus fully paid for your way to Heaven, and you could have gone to Heaven; but you loved your sins more and refused to come to the Savior to be saved.

To clarify, a person does NOT have to forsake committing sins to be saved; but ironically it's one's love for sin that prevents them from coming to Jesus... "lest his deeds should be reproved" (John 3:20). Jesus said in John 5:40, "And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life." To be saved, a person MUST acknowledge that they are GUILTY before God of violating His holy Word (Romans 3:19). Most people are not willing to repent; but instead choose to continue denying and making excuses for their sins. God only requires us to admit our guilt before Him and to seek forgiveness through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.

Luke 10:15…

“And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.”

Jesus prophesied imminent judgment and doom upon the wicked inhabitants of Capernaum. It is important to notice that the Bible continually speaks of being "cast down to hell" and "thrust down to hell," which clearly indicate God's angry hand of judgment. Psalm 7:11 proclaims that "God is angry with the wicked EVERY DAY." There is not a single-day that passes when God is not angry at Oprah Winfrey. She has publicly denied that Jesus is the only Way to Heaven. In lieu of the fact that the world is filled with billions of wicked Christ-rejecters, God must be One angry God. John 3:36 tells us that the "wrath of God" abideth upon all Christ-rejecters. On April 2nd , 2005, Billy Graham told Larry King on the Larry King Live Show that he believes Pope John Paul II is in Heaven. What is wrong with Billy Graham? The Bible teaches that God's wrath abideth on the wicked.

Again we see that "hell" is more than just a symbolic term. Although one's life may seem like hell on earth, it cannot be compared to burning in the torments of fire and brimstone for all eternity.

Luke 12:5…

“But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.”

This Scripture clearly evidences the "Second Death" mentioned in Revelation 21:8. Men may kill us once; but God can kill us forever in Hell. This Scripture would make no sense at all if "hell" merely refers to the grave or a place of non-suffering. What fear would there be?

Luke 16:23…

“And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments…”

In view of all the Scriptures I've just shared with you concerning the reality of Hell, who could honestly say that Luke 16:19-31 is merely a parable? Jesus DIDN'T say it was a parable. Jesus never used specific names in His parable; but he speaks of Lazarus and Abraham in this passage of Scripture. It is clearly NOT a parable.

Furthermore, even if it was a parable, then what was Jesus trying to describe? It would be misleading for Jesus to speak of Hell as a literal place of "torment" and "flames" if it weren't so. Consider Jesus' Words in John 14:2... "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you..." Jesus was a Man of His Word—He said what He meant and meant what He said. Hell is a place of torment and fire.

James 3:6…

“And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.”

Again we find a Biblical reference to "fire of Hell."

2nd Peter 2:4…

“For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment…”

If "hell" is merely the grave, then how could God cast the fallen angels into hell (Greek: Tartarus)? Angels do not die in the human sense. You don't bury them six-feet under. We clearly read that these fallen angels (i.e. demons) are reserved in chains of darkness awaiting judgment.

There are three different Greek words for our English word "hell" today: Hades, Gehenna and Tartarus. Gehenna is the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:11-15). Tartarus is a special jail for demons reserved unto judgment. Hades is where lost sinners go now when they die (a tormentuous place of fire, torment and suffering). For a comprehensive examination on the subject of Hell, please read: A Biblical Examination of Hell.

Revelation 1:18…

“I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”

Here we see that death and Hell are two separate things. I always capitalize Heaven and Hell because they are literal places and these are their proper names. If "hell" merely meant grave, then there would be no distinction between death and hell.

Revelation 20:13-15…

“And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”

How can you argue with the Biblical term "second death"? Obviously there is a punishment that goes beyond the grave. The Bible teaches that lost sinners will stand trial and be sentenced to the Lake of Fire based upon their WORKS. Also, the Bible teaches that death and Hell (Hades) were cast into the Lake of Fire (Gehenna). This plainly shows that hell means much more than the grave. The Hebrew word "Sheol" is the Old Testament equivalent to "Hades" in the New Testament for "hell." Sheol doesn't strictly mean the grave. It can mean a whole lot more, and often does. Psalm 9:17 is a perfect example: "The wicked shall be turned into Hell." Obviously this means much more than merely the grave, because that's also were the righteous go. It would make no sense. The clear interpretation is that the wicked and all those who forget God will be punished in eternity.
Hell in the Scriptures

Hell in the Scriptures

The Bible contains an overwhelming amount of evidence showing that Hell is a literal place that burns with fire. Those people today who scoff and deny the existence of a literal Hell that burns with fire are calling God a liar. Either you believe the Bible is God's Word or you don't. There is NO middle ground.

"Beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit" (Jude 1:17-19).

If you do not believe in a literal hell you accusing God of being a liar, RodiSHI. You need to repent and believe the Word of God. Not New Age Deceivers who are attempting to infiltrate the church and pervert the Scriptures.

Making One's Bed in Hell

"...if I make my bed in hell..." —Psalm 139:8

lake_of_fire3.jpg
No one has to go to Hell. The only people who go to Hell are those who make their bed there, just as Psalm 139:8 teaches. We read in Matthew 25:41, “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.” God never intended for one human being to enter into Hell. It is mankind who makes his bed in Hell, choosing to burn in the flames of God's vengeance forever (2nd Thessalonians 1:8,9).

Don't make the mistake of believing that skeptics and naysayers would convert if only they had more evidence or proof...

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead”(Luke 16:27-31).

If a person will not listen to the Word of God (i.e., Moses and the prophets), then nothing is going to convince them of the truth. Romans 1:20 tells us that nature itself PROVES, beyond any reasonable doubt, that there is a God... “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.”

Oh, listen my friend, you will have no valid excuse on Judgment Day when you stand trial before God (Hebrews 9:27; Romans 14:12). If you die in your sins, you will go to Hell (John 8:24). You need to have your sins blotted out; but you cannot do anything of your own merit or self-righteousness to remedy the problem (Isaiah 64:6). No matter how much good you accomplish in your earthly life, you'll still have sins on your record against you. The answer is Jesus Christ, Who paid for your sins in full with His own precious blood... “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot” (1st Peter 1:18,19).

We need HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS to have our sins forgiven... “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33). 2nd Corinthians 5:21 states, “For he [God the Father] hath made him [God the Son] to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” This is why we read in Romans 4:5, “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.” Amen! Any sinner can be saved and go to Heaven because Jesus took our sins upon Himself; and when we place our faith in Him as our Savior, He places His righteousness upon our record. This is called IMPUTATION. We go to Heaven not because of our own self-righteousness; but rather, because of the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

The Bible tells us in Isaiah 5:14, “Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.” Hell is getting bigger and bigger every day, being occupied by tens-of-millions of people every day who die in their sins without Jesus Christ as their Savior. Please don't make your bed in Hellfire. If you do go to Hell, it will only be because you turned down the gift of eternal life (Romans 6:23), which God offers exclusively through His Son Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Acts 10:43).

“They Have No Rest Day Nor Night”

“And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.” —Revelation 14:11

wages_of_sin.jpg
What a frightening Scripture... THEY HAVE NO REST DAY NOR NIGHT. The unsaved who die in their sins will be cast into the Lake of Fire in eternity. The Bible warns that the wicked will be tormented with flaming fire by God Himself in vengeance (2nd Thessalonians 1:8-9). They will suffer day and night without rest.

Every person in this world sleeps at some time, resting the body. But in Hell there will be no rest from the pain, misery and suffering. There will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:49-50, “So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.”

Repeatedly the Bible teaches that the just and the wicked go to DIFFERENT places in eternity. They do NOT all go to the same eternal destiny. Psalm 9:17 makes this clear, “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” If the righteous and the wicked go to the same place in the grave, then Psalm 9:17 would make no sense at all. But it does make sense if you believe the Bible's teaching of eternal damnation in the Lake of Fire for all Christ-rejecters.

The Bible is such an awesome Book, filled with precious Scriptures such as Proverb 14:32, “The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.” As born-again believers we have hope in our death. We do not fear what's beyond the grave. Our complete trust is in Jesus Christ!

Famous actor Jackie Gleason feared the afterworld and read hundreds of books searching for answers. Too bad he rejected the one true Book that proclaims all the answers—the Word of God. Sadly, Mr. Gleason has no rest day nor night in the fires of Hell if he died in his sins, as it appears he tragically did. Gleason told 60 MINUTES that he didn't believe God is vengeful, but 2nd Thessalonians 1:8 warns that God will take “vengeance” upon the wicked for ever!

Hebrews 10:31, “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Isaiah 45:9, “Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! ...”

Isaiah 13:11, And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.”

Psalms 9:19-20, “Arise, O LORD; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight. Put them in fear, O LORD: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.”

If you refuse to fear God now, you will fear God in eternity... YOU WILL FEAR GOD IN ETERNITY! Matthew 10:28, “...fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” I shudder to think what Rock 'N' Roll satanist Ronnie James Dio is suffering this moment in the fires of Hell. The Bible says he is in torments as the rich man in Luke 16:19-31. It is not my place to say who went to Heaven or Hell, but the Bible makes very clear that anyone who dies in their sins without having believed on Jesus as the Christ is doomed.

Many victims of horrible accidents are deliberately placed by doctors into a coma to allow the body time to heal without the patient suffering inexplicable, excruciating, physical pain and emotional suffering. This womanwas placed into a medically induced coma for 5 1/2 weeks. She was the victim of booze. The beer companies won't show you that!

There won't be any escape nor relief from the torments of Hell. The Bible says that there will be NO REST DAY NOR NIGHT in Hell from all the horrifying cries of the damned, from the agonizing blood curdling pain caused by being boiled alive in molten sulfur.

flammable_solid_placard.gif

Sign to Left: A flammable solid placard that is used to identify a hazard warning for substances such as sulfur while being transported and handled.

Interestingly, sulfuric acid is NOT flammable, having no flash point (the temperature at which something ignites). However, pure sulfur is certainly flammable and has a flash point of about 334 to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.[1] If you want to get a small glimpse of what Hell will be like, then carefully read this MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET (.PDF file) all about MOLTEN SULFUR!

The boiling point of sulfur is 444 degrees Fahrenheit. Revelation 21:8describes Hell as “the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone.” You can use any dictionary to look up the word “brimstone” and it means exactly what it does in the Greek... SULFUR!

It ought to “scare Hell into you” my friend if you are not saved. The Bible describes Hell in literal terms, warning Christ-rejecting humanity exactly what to expect. Hell is a place of molten sulfur, i.e., a “lake of fire” (Revelation 20:15). A boiling pot of water is only 212 degrees Fahrenheit. Be afraid Christ-rejecters... BE VERY AFRAID!

You Need the LITERAL Blood of Jesus Christ, Because There is a LITERAL Hell.

Last edited:
According to a Revelation received by the Prophet Joseph Smith, The various kingdoms of the afterlife were revealed. Basically there are 4 Major divisions or places where people will go once they have finished their mortal probation.

1. Celestial Kingdom - this is where all the faithful followers of Christ will go. Eventually this will be on this earth once it is celestialized.

2. Terrestrial Kingdom - This is where honorable people of the earth will go who were deceived by the world and rejected Christ but lived relatively good lives.

3. Telestial Kingdom - This is where most of the bad people of the earth will go. This is called Hell. The murders, thieves, whoremongers, etc will go here. Those who have loved darkness more than light.

These three kingdoms are likened unto the Sun, Moon, and Stars for their differing glory.

4. Outer Darkness - This is the place reserved for the Sons of Perdition. These are they who have had great light given to them in their lives and knew the truthfulness of Christ and his gospel and still rejected it and come out in open rebellion against it. This is where Satan and his angels will be. Of this place the scriptures tell us:

Doctrine and Covenants 76:42-49
42 That through him all might be saved whom the Father had put into his power and made by him;
43 Who glorifies the Father, and saves all the works of his hands, except those sons of perdition who deny the Son after the Father has revealed him.
44 Wherefore, he saves all except them—they shall go away into everlasting punishment, which is endless punishment, which is eternal punishment, to reign with the devil and his angels in eternity, where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched, which is their torment—
45 And the end thereof, neither the place thereof, nor their torment, no man knows;
46 Neither was it revealed, neither is, neither will be revealed unto man, except to them who are made partakers thereof;
47 Nevertheless, I, the Lord, show it by vision unto many, but straightway shut it up again;
48 Wherefore, the end, the width, the height, the depth, and the misery thereof, they understand not, neither any man except those who are ordained unto this condemnation.
49 And we heard the voice, saying: Write the vision, for lo, this is the end of the vision of the sufferings of the ungodly.

To read the entire Revelation go to Doctrine and Covenants 76

and if he was under the effect of ergot when he had his visions? Then it's all a figment of the imagination

He was speaking to people in the 1st C and not those of today. His revelation has come and gone. It has not relevance to the here and now.

“They Have No Rest Day Nor Night”

Let me tell you, as your friend, that you WILL burn in Hellfire for eternity if you DIE IN YOUR SINS. Jesus exclaimed in John 8:24, "...ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins." Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, i.e., the Godhead incarnate? Do you believe that the Godhead became flesh, and walked among us in the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Colossians 2:9 states concerning Jesus, "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and willingly went to the cross to be crucified for our sins (Isaiah 7:14; 2nd Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 12:2). Jesus died , was buried, and rose again 3-days later (1st Corinthians 15:1-4). He ascended into Heaven, where He applied His LITERAL blood to the
heavenly Mercy Seat (Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 9:12).

It is Jesus' literal blood on the Mercy Seat in Heaven that washes all our sins away (1st Peter 1:18,19), by our faith in the redeeming work of Christ (Galatians 3:26). Colossians 1:14 wonderfully states... "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins." Amen!

Please don't listen to the liars who don't know their Bible. Read God's Word for yourself--HELL HAS FIRE!

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." —John 5:39

"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power." —2nd Thessalonians 1:8,9

Forum List

Back