Heard Something Interesting on the Radio This Weekend

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
First you have to understand my radio. Here is a picture of a similar model:

55006259a1fd0-cobra-cir1000a-internet-radio-xl.jpg

Generally, the radio is great. You can access internet radio stations based on their genre, their location (worldwide) and you can even listen in on NOAA broadcasts. I plug my tablet and my I-Phone into it and play tracks on the big speaker.

The genre selections can be very esoteric for news junkies; they have a "news" genre, a "talk" genre and a "news talk". The result is that when you begin looking into the stations that is offered in each genre, you get a different number of stations so that means there is a unique station on one of the genres.

Anyway, I was listening to it at night at home since I'm up all night a lot of the time (I work nights) and some boob had another boob on that they were interviewing about 2016. According to the guy being interviewed....Trump's prize for this exercise in vanity is that it will "give him a reason" to launch a 24 hour news and infotainment channel that will compete with the "rigged" media that supposedly kept him from being President.

The interviewer pointed out that the fees alone for HBO, Cinemax, and the like allow them to air original programming with the likes of Matthew McConghey and Al Pacino. The interviewee said that agreements in principle were in place for big names like Elizabeth Vargas, Stone Phillips and Chris Hansen (among others). It was reported by the guy also that there would be an infotainment part of the channel that would have an hourly newscast at the beginning of each hour and what sounded like a "A&E Biography" program hosted by, get this, Patricia Heaton and The guy who hosts Wheel of Fortune (I don't know his name).

I would have dismissed it but it sort of makes sense. It would be a good nexus for Drumpf to display his ego 24/7, give his kids an outlet and some notoriety. He has a lot of friends from the celeb apprentice who would probably put shows on a Trump channel.

Well if 'this guy' said it you can take it to the bank. But I'd wait until it's on the Internet before I'd buy it.

That’s the problem with Internet radio…finding the program again is like a needle in the haystack. It’s probably on the level of Art Bell

Forum List

Back