Healthcare bill passed

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
This could happen still because today it got passed in the finance committee of the senate so it could still happen. We need to start calling out elected officials and letting them know how we feel so this gets stopped.

Yes because one phone call is going to change months of people's positions. It will even definitely work further in a majority Democratic state. :lol:

Health care reform is going to pass.

You far right cons have forgotten something: you lost.

Oh great! Well I can tell you right now, I ain't getting no Government Healthcare Plan... We need to get the Government out of healthcare. The Free Market is the best way to allocate products and services. Sadly, we haven't had that for a long time.

I wish we would start acting like it....I wish we would run this thing threw just like the republicans would if they had this much power.

We will get it though, I just like to rub it in their faces a little. I have issues, but I don't hear the voices anymore....:eek: :cool:

Oh great! Well I can tell you right now, I ain't getting no Government Healthcare Plan... We need to get the Government out of healthcare. The Free Market is the best way to allocate products and services. Sadly, we haven't had that for a long time.

Then dont. Keep your insurance. If you think you are paying a fair price, THEN DONT CHANGE IT. Personally, I am on Tricare and I love it. I feel as though medicare republicans should stop using that service to prove a point.

Last edited:
I'm curious, why does the democrat party want to wait until 2013 before any health care bill they pass actually takes affect?
If it's so damn critical, why wait until 2013?
Could it be that they want to wait until after the 2012 election before they completely fuck us over?

I want you to pay very special attention to the 2 gubenatorial races that are being held on Nov 2 of this year. The republican candidates are winning by double digit margins over the democrats. Corzine is in hot water in New Jersey, these are both overwhelmingly democratic states, and they will both vote in conservative governors this year. Virginia and New Jersey will go red in November.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

This is nothing more than a pre-curser of what's to come in the 2010 and 2012 elections.

I agree. Let's set the Public Option up so that it goes into effect immediatly.

A government that is big enough to give you everything you need and want is big enough to take everything you have.

So get ready Old Rocks, your guy is getting ready to take everything YOU have to pay for this so-called free health care.

I'm curious, why does the democrat party want to wait until 2013 before any health care bill they pass actually takes affect?
If it's so damn critical, why wait until 2013?
Could it be that they want to wait until after the 2012 election before they completely fuck us over?

I will gladly answer your question.

1. They don't have the money yet to pay for this, so they will rob medicare of 500 billion a year and stick it aside. They will also start taxing everyone who enjoys a cadillac plan. Unions you are toast. If you make over $66,000 per year you are going to see your taxes go up. Remember Obama's statement, I will not raise taxes on anyone who makes less than $250,000 per year, well it just dropped to $66,000 per year to pay for someone else's healthcare. They won't call it a tax, but in reality it will be. Of course all of this will be effective immediately on passage of this bill and who knows what other goodies are in it, there really is no bill yet for anyone to read.

2. This is probably the most important. Obama's first term ends in 2012, if this plan were implemented now, we would have 3 years to see the total failure it is, he wants a second term so 2013 would be the year to implement it. He could still enjoy flying around on Air Force one for an additional 3 years at tax payer expense. :lol::lol:

Don't forget Mitt Romney passed a similar health care reform bill in the state of Massachuchetts and it's a total failure, rationed care, bankrupting the state, etc.

They didn't lose, they got EVERYTHING they wanted... they got the provision where you could set up a living will with ones own doctor killed, they got the public option killed, they got illegals being able to buy their own health insurance killed...

They made CERTAIN this bill will be a failure once it is passed....and made certain, along with some dems like Baucus, that this bill is a guaranteed gift horse handed to the Insurance industry on a silver platter and will eventually bankrupt us imho....especially with the provisions they made Dems take out in negotiations....that would have been measures to reduce the cost of health care. :(

Care

This could happen still because today it got passed in the finance committee of the senate so it could still happen. We need to start calling out elected officials and letting them know how we feel so this gets stopped.
It's definitely going to happen, as I've said all along. What makes you think it might not?

Wait, I can tell from your username that you don't actually think.

Carry on.

A government that is big enough to give you everything you need and want is big enough to take everything you have.

So get ready Old Rocks, your guy is getting ready to take everything YOU have to pay for this so-called free health care.

Free? That is your idiotic strawman. National Defense is not free. The Interstate Highway System is not free. All know this, and no one that is sane expects healthcare to be free. However, there is no reason for the American Citizen to have to pay twice as much as most other citizens in industralized nations and get greatly inferior results.

The method of payment is what is now being debated. Myself, I would like to see it as a straight income tax, a certain percentage of income, going all the way to the top.

Gee I thought a bill had to pass Congress before it was the law of the land. Now all you have to do is pass a committee? Do you guys call it a win at half time or wait until the final gun?

What it really will come down to is, are the majority of us who already have health care, willing to place it in jeopardy for about 10% or less of the population? That pressure on Congress will cave enough Democrats to kill or vastly water down this program.

Did you get that liberals? Your own people will stop you. Obama will come out in favor of no public option. He has shown winning is most important, not what you actually end up with. It will go under the bus right along side Mr. Jennings. He has to, the public option is a no go with people running for reelection in close districts.

I will send additional emails to my reps. Be warned, so far all I have gotten in return are form letters which let you know they didn't read the letter you sent. Courtesy Mr. Levin and Mrs. Stebenow.

Free? That is your idiotic strawman. National Defense is not free. The Interstate Highway System is not free. All know this, and no one that is sane expects healthcare to be free. However, there is no reason for the American Citizen to have to pay twice as much as most other citizens in industralized nations and get greatly inferior results.

The method of payment is what is now being debated. Myself, I would like to see it as a straight income tax, a certain percentage of income, going all the way to the top.

Greatly inferior? You taking the liberal koolaid? We don't pay twice as much. It is not greatly inferior. The measuring stick is different in many cases. Take births for example. Most countries count it as a live birth after 24 hours or more. We start the second your out. Surprise! More deaths for us. For other surgerical procedures you have to be far more healthy to begin with in order to qualify as a candidate for the procedure. Then you have to survive the wait. That what your looking for?

This fight is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from being over. What tickles me is that they keep blaming Republicans for partisan tactics. Hell, they could pass all of this without one republican vote. Get ready for the knock down drag out fight that's going to ensue and it's going to be between democrats, not republicans.

Political Battle Looms After Health Care Bill Passes Key Senate Hurdle - Political News - FOXNews.com

true the battle ain't over, but it might as well be.....Dems can not walk lock step with eachother, even if their life depended on it...the bill in the senate from baucus, is what the republicans wanted...no public option, no illegals buying their own insurance, and no living will/medical directive counseling if memory serves...the things that i soundly believe would help reduced the higher costs of health care insurance....

strangely we are set up where the senate has more power than the house that represents we the people, in congress....

the bill that passes is more likely to be more like the senate bill, when all said and done....

So, per this bill, we gonna spend $829 billion and pay higher taxes to insure only 10 million people, starting year 2015. After year 2019, there still will be 20 million uninsured. Why bother?

Forum List

Back