Healthcare bill passed

I'm curious, why does the democrat party want to wait until 2013 before any health care bill they pass actually takes affect?
If it's so damn critical, why wait until 2013?
Could it be that they want to wait until after the 2012 election before they completely fuck us over?

or that was the deal they reached with Pharma and the AMA? who knows....

Or with all the money they are wasting on advertisements, wasted government time, donations to groups supporting it and lobbying in government.. they could have created a charity to support those who have healthcare issues

Health care reform is going to pass.

You far right cons have forgotten something: you lost.

I wish we would start acting like it....I wish we would run this thing threw just like the republicans would if they had this much power.

We will get it though, I just like to rub it in their faces a little. I have issues, but I don't hear the voices anymore....:eek: :cool:

we like for you to rub it in our faces too, payback is going to be fun. when you bitches leave office.

And they know well that they don't need her vote after the bill was out of committee. The only place Republicans had the power to stop any of this crap was in the fact that at least one member of the minority party has to vote for a bill to move it out of committee. Snowe can tell people whatever she wants but she knows that it was HER vote, that damned the American people to this bill.
Not to this bill. This isn't the one they'll eventually pass.

Of course, Snowe's constituents will eventually have a say in the voting booth.

That's right, and Snowe knows this, and this is WHY she voted it out of committee...so that she can keep her job....she is fully aware of who she represents here, and justly so. :D

And doesn't the Senate have the filibuster...don't they need 60 votes?

Health care reform is going to pass.

You far right cons have forgotten something: you lost.

and if this thing fucks everything up more than what it is Jake....will we hear you admit that?....or are you just going to ..... disappear?.....

Of course I am going to be here, and if it screws up, I will own up. Unlike our former Bushies here who look up, down, or around without looking us in the eyes and say, "We wuz taken for a ride by the bad guys." These folks are sorry, sorry lozers.

So, HarryDresden, since this is going to pass, get on the email and the phone and the fax to your reps in D.C., and say, "hey", and tell them what you think. If you lose, you lose, but we both know your turn will come again.

When the bill is finally put together, with a public option, there will be more Republicans, both in the Senate and in the House, that vote for it. Simply because they wish to keep their seats.

But you rightwingnut fruitcakes just go ahead and drive them out of your party, and into the Democratic column. Then, with an overwhelming majority, we can remake this nation into a progressive dynamo that can compete with China and Europe.

Gee I thought a bill had to pass Congress before it was the law of the land. Now all you have to do is pass a committee? Do you guys call it a win at half time or wait until the final gun?

What it really will come down to is, are the majority of us who already have health care, willing to place it in jeopardy for about 10% or less of the population? That pressure on Congress will cave enough Democrats to kill or vastly water down this program.

Did you get that liberals? Your own people will stop you. Obama will come out in favor of no public option. He has shown winning is most important, not what you actually end up with. It will go under the bus right along side Mr. Jennings. He has to, the public option is a no go with people running for reelection in close districts.

I will send additional emails to my reps. Be warned, so far all I have gotten in return are form letters which let you know they didn't read the letter you sent. Courtesy Mr. Levin and Mrs. Stebenow.

LOL. As one of those with a "Cadillac" plan, I would like to see all Americans covered. Britain, Germany, Japan, Taiwan, and even little Costa Rica can do it, why cannot we do it? And why, when they have zero families going bankrupt due to medical bills, do we have hundreds of thousands of families every year going bankrupt due to medical bills.

Do you really think that is the best this nation can do? Are you so wrapped up in "me'ism" that you cannot see that we are paying twice as much per citizen as Japan, and recieving and inferior result?

Or with all the money they are wasting on advertisements, wasted government time, donations to groups supporting it and lobbying in government.. they could have created a charity to support those who have healthcare issues

Are you speaking of the 1.4 million a day spent by the Health Insurance industry to lobby our representatives to do that which is not in the interest of most Americans?

Our seniors had nothing until MediCare. Now it is time to create a system for all Americans that does not bankrupt millions of Americans for the wealth of a very few.

Are you speaking of the 1.4 million a day spent by the Health Insurance industry to lobby our representatives to do that which is not in the interest of most Americans?

Our seniors had nothing until MediCare. Now it is time to create a system for all Americans that does not bankrupt millions of Americans for the wealth of a very few.

And the Baucus plan will not accomplish any of that.
Of course we're in the Era of Intentions, where actual outcome or achievement doesn't matter anymore. It's only the thought that counts.

So who is responsible for you? You or government?

Old Rocks, this will hopefully help you to answer.

shm4-nej5kwi22ynhpxvpg.gif

My Problem is they are using taxpayer money for government funded pro-govt health care propoganda.

That is just wrong. It would be like giving taxpayer money to the catholic church so they could get a pro-life message out, equally atrocious.

medicare is a system flawed, but not as flawed as a government entitlement system, option system, or Medicaid... why?? Because the contributors are pulling things out of it... do I fully support Medicare?? Nope... Do I support this bullshit that government is trying to shove down our throats?? Not only no but HELL NO...

Does this cover everyone as the campaign slogans stated?? No... Does this make only those that contribute able to be the only ones that benefit?? No... This is simply another grab at more power by an already corrupt and power hungry system..

You want something to take care of your personal health?? Fucking pay for it yourself you leftist prick... you need to get a second burger flipping job or another job scrubbing urinals? So be it... You have to do without?? So be it

Charity, not entitlement.... Voluntary, not forced government interaction and public contribution... Freedom, not oppression...

Again.. if you feel a calling to support a charity for children's care (like I support St. Jude's), go for it... that is great...!!... if you don't feel any calling to support health charities... all well and fine... that is your right as a free citizen... you feel like supporting a program for the poor and their care... great.. you feel like supporting a charity that only gives it to help with a select disease... more power to you... BUT you have no right to take it from others for your charity or your own personal upkeep... and if you think you do, FUCK YOU

Wasted money on advertising and lobbying in government, you must be talking about the private insurance companies. I wonder how many they could insure with all that extra money?

Wasted money on advertising and lobbying in government, you must be talking about the private insurance companies. I wonder how many they could insure with all that extra money?

Hmm.. you have not seen the ads supporting the Obamaplan and 'universal healthcare'??

And doesn't the Senate have the filibuster...don't they need 60 votes?
They can waive the rules on that and punch anything they want through with 50 votes plus Biden.

No they cannot. They can use some parliamentary manoeuvre or other and get around it but they would find themselves out of power pretty quickly. Even the Democrats won't go for that and it will set a terrible precedent.

And the Baucus plan will not accomplish any of that.
Of course we're in the Era of Intentions, where actual outcome or achievement doesn't matter anymore. It's only the thought that counts.

The Baucus plan will not reduce costs, and that is unfortunate. If there wasn't such an anti-change obstuctionist lobby on the right, just maybe a good plan could have been formed. The problem is that neither the right or left in Washington, or in the US for that matter, want to admit that anything they believe could be wrong. So in the end we get a bill that won't accomplish half of what it is intended to.

The idea that nothing is wrong with our current system is laughable at best. Everyone can see that costs will continue to spiral out of control if we don't do something. Now that the right continues to fight this to the end, we will end up with something that isn't much better than what we have, but at least it will be a start. Down the road, hopefully this plan will be tweaked and made much better. If costs still continue out of control, then eventually the entire system will collapse and we'll just have to start over from scratch.

This has been coming for a long time now, and Republicans had every opportunity to address the healthcare issue but never did. The worst thing about all of this is that there are a number of ways to positively change the system that would allow for near universal coverage while reducing costs, and without jeapardizing the quality of care for anyone.

Forum List

Back