Healthcare bill passed

the bill that passes is more likely to be more like the senate bill, when all said and done....
I doubt it.

They will now, behind closed doors, merge the various bills and hurry a vote. In the House they have it easy, and in the Senate they only need 50 plus Biden. And like the cap and trade bill, they will sweeten the pot enough for just enough votes to get it done.

Anyone who believes we won't have basically HR 3200 when this deal is all said and done is kidding themselves.

Ame®icano;1612653 said:
So, per this bill, we gonna spend $829 billion and pay higher taxes to insure only 10 million people, starting year 2015. After year 2019, there still will be 20 million uninsured. Why bother?
ALL of the bills so far have the revenue coming in first, then the big costs near the end of a ten year span. It's not too tough to figure out why that is.

But you're right, this is such a national crisis, an emergency, that we have to have it NOW but wait -- none of it really kicks in for a few years.

It's almost like a Billy Mays sales pitch.

But Mays was a highly successful pitch man!

comes in 50 billion LOWER than what our gvt expenses were projected to cost for Medicare /medicaid/emergency room funding for the same period...is what is being reported and is what has been scored on the bill out there now by Baucus.

the bill that passes is more likely to be more like the senate bill, when all said and done....
I doubt it.

They will now, behind closed doors, merge the various bills and hurry a vote. In the House they have it easy, and in the Senate they only need 50 plus Biden. And like the cap and trade bill, they will sweeten the pot enough for just enough votes to get it done.

Anyone who believes we won't have basically HR 3200 when this deal is all said and done is kidding themselves.

There you go...

A few weeks ago I received email from my colleague about four stages to have this bill passed. I glanced over at the time, but today I red it again...

Basically, it's talking about four stages of ramming this bill thru the Congress in combination with H.R. 1586, so the Senate can avoid the Constitutional mandate that tax bills originate in the House.

I hope it won't work that way, but it makes me think what if...

Ame®icano;1612706 said:
Basically, it's talking about four stages of ramming this bill thru the Congress in combination with H.R. 1586, so the Senate can avoid the Constitutional mandate that tax bills originate in the House.
This is actually their last ditch, "nuclear" option. I'd be quite surprised if they have to actually use it.

Who thinks Olympia Snowe needs to go take a long vacation. In Somalia?
Snowe isn't a supporter of the public option. Her vote for this bill in comittee is just that -- one vote for one bill in committee. They won't have her vote on a HR 3200 type bill, and they're aware of that.

Who thinks Olympia Snowe needs to go take a long vacation. In Somalia?
Snowe isn't a supporter of the public option. Her vote for this bill in comittee is just that -- one vote for one bill in committee. They won't have her vote on a HR 3200 type bill, and they're aware of that.[/QUOTE]

And they know well that they don't need her vote after the bill was out of committee. The only place Republicans had the power to stop any of this crap was in the fact that at least one member of the minority party has to vote for a bill to move it out of committee. Snowe can tell people whatever she wants but she knows that it was HER vote, that damned the American people to this bill.

And they know well that they don't need her vote after the bill was out of committee. The only place Republicans had the power to stop any of this crap was in the fact that at least one member of the minority party has to vote for a bill to move it out of committee. Snowe can tell people whatever she wants but she knows that it was HER vote, that damned the American people to this bill.
Not to this bill. This isn't the one they'll eventually pass.

Of course, Snowe's constituents will eventually have a say in the voting booth.

Snowe needs to go.

Every American citizen can have a say.

Contribute to her opponent.

Last edited:

Snow needs to go.

The opponent might be worse!

And I have never nor will I ever contribute to any politician's campaign.

Oh great! Well I can tell you right now, I ain't getting no Government Healthcare Plan... We need to get the Government out of healthcare. The Free Market is the best way to allocate products and services. Sadly, we haven't had that for a long time.

Then dont. Keep your insurance. If you think you are paying a fair price, THEN DONT CHANGE IT. Personally, I am on Tricare and I love it. I feel as though medicare republicans should stop using that service to prove a point.

did you ever think that Republicans on Medicare,just might not be against it like you claim?....of course you didnt....never even thought about it did ya.....just listen to the talking bigmouths out there,they will keep you informed....

I feel as though medicare republicans should stop using that service to prove a point.
You "feel" that way? Why don't you start thinking instead?

Start with this: Do you "feel" that rich Dems who falsely rail against "Boooosh tax cuts for the riiiiich" should send their tax cut back? To prove your same idiotic "point?"

Just shut up, booger-eating moron. Adults are having a discussion.

Since when is there a health care "reform" bill in the works ... all I've seen is health care take over bills.
They renamed it "health insurance reform" to more closely accede to their convenient boogeyman they had to invent because the other emotional, scare tactic appeals weren't working well.

Snow needs to go.

The opponent might be worse!

And I have never nor will I ever contribute to any politician's campaign.

How could it be worse? SOme flaming left wing Democrat ala Barney Frank? At least it would clear the field for a real Republican and put this flaming rino cow out to pasture.

Yes because one phone call is going to change months of people's positions. It will even definitely work further in a majority Democratic state. :lol:

Good Point Dogbert, hell we finnaly were able to put a measure on our Ballots here in MA last election cycle to eliminate the state income tax.

You would think that wouldn't be hard to pass but 55% of people voted to keep the income tax :slap:

Last night on cape cod we had another initiative being offered by a town council which would force homeowners to pay $20,000 to connect to a newly proposed sewerage plant. Yes people voted 6 to 1 against it however the rules are that you need a 20% voter turnout to overturn town council initiatives, we only got 11%.

No one gives a shit and its sad.

A government that is big enough to give you everything you need and want is big enough to take everything you have.

So get ready Old Rocks, your guy is getting ready to take everything YOU have to pay for this so-called free health care.

Free? That is your idiotic strawman. National Defense is not free. The Interstate Highway System is not free. All know this, and no one that is sane expects healthcare to be free. However, there is no reason for the American Citizen to have to pay twice as much as most other citizens in industralized nations and get greatly inferior results.

The method of payment is what is now being debated. Myself, I would like to see it as a straight income tax, a certain percentage of income, going all the way to the top.

Greatly inferior? You taking the liberal koolaid? We don't pay twice as much. It is not greatly inferior. The measuring stick is different in many cases. Take births for example. Most countries count it as a live birth after 24 hours or more. We start the second your out. Surprise! More deaths for us. For other surgerical procedures you have to be far more healthy to begin with in order to qualify as a candidate for the procedure. Then you have to survive the wait. That what your looking for?

Our healthcare is not inferior; it is in fact superior, if you can afford it. As for cost, it is a simple fact that we pay double what most other countries pay. And with as much as we are paying currently, those numbers are going to double within the next ten or so years. By not addressing the problems that are driving costs out of control, we will evenutally end up with the government taking over the entire system because only the very few will be able to afford private care.

What disturbs me the most is the argument that any government involvement will just cost us more money, yet those against this bill will not admit that leaving it alone is going to drive costs up even more.

Forum List

Back