he liberals want true Communism, and this just proves the point.

Do you think the liberal elites of today could do Communism better than the USSR?

• Yes, i am a liberal and need someone else to take care of me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, this country was based on people to be free, and use their God given gifts to excell.

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters
Judeo Christian ethics evolved and stated slavery to be immoral in the 1860s..

How do Judeo Christian ethics evolve?

Did the Bible change in the 1860's?

Jews and Christians in the Western World stopped slavery based on evolving ethics. It's 2017, why don't you site which religions still practice or condone slavery. They clearly have not evolved ethically. Would you not agree?

Anyone who condones slavery is unethical.

The Bible clearly condones slavery- even if societies in Christian dominated countries no longer due. And the same with the Quran.

No country that I am aware currently has legal slavery. But there is of course a huge problem with illegal slavery across the world. I condemn all of that- what about you?

I condemn all forms of Slavery. Further, I celebrate American Exceptionalism for moving far away from Slavery as possible. You mentioned "illegal forms of slavery"....it may be illegal but still tolerated in Muslim, African, and Asian lands. Ironic that it is US always getting slammed for an institution we banned 160 years ago yet nations still practice or ignore today.

Actually, the United States not only made slavery illegal 160 years ago- the United States continues to fight against slavery.

I think there is room for both recognizing American complicity in the slave trade 160 years ago and also condemning and fighting the very real issue of illegal slavery around the world.

Given the very real issue of passive acceptance of slavery around the world today, more emphasis must be placed on American abolishment of slavery 160 years ago vs. the
rampant complicity we see today from other countries. The UN should take note.

Jews and Christians in the Western World stopped slavery based on evolving ethics. It's 2017, why don't you site which religions still practice or condone slavery. They clearly have not evolved ethically. Would you not agree?

The Bible clearly condones slavery- even if societies in Christian dominated countries no longer due. And the same with the Quran.

No country that I am aware currently has legal slavery. But there is of course a huge problem with illegal slavery across the world. I condemn all of that- what about you?
The point is that Muslims condone slavery, to this day.

The point is that slavery is illegal in every Muslim majority country in the world.

But yes- just like the Bible- the Quran does condone slavery.

ROFL! Is it illegal in Libya? Is the law enforced in all these countries? Nope.

There are lots of countries were the law is not enforced well.

Meanwhile- from a religious point of view- both the Bible and the Quran condone slavery.

And most Christians and most Muslims ignore such condoning.
All Christians ignore it. Many many Muslims do not.

The point is that slavery is illegal in every Muslim majority country in the world.

Meanwhile- from a religious point of view- both the Bible and the Quran condone slavery.

MOST Christians ignore condoning???? Based on what countries and what numbers? You are making excuses for Muslims and punishing Christians for evolving. The US is dominated by Christians. Name a Muslim country that has abolished Slavery as US.

Judeo Christian ethics evolved and stated slavery to be immoral in the 1860s..

Jews and Christians in the Western World stopped slavery based on evolving ethics.

Did the Bible for Jews and Christians change? Did the words in the Bible change? How was slavery 'ethical' according to the Bible prior to 1860 but not 'ethical' after 1860?

And btw- Jews had essentially no political power in 'the Western World' to stop the slave trade.

The most notable debate[157] was between Rabbi Morris Jacob Raphall, who defended slavery as it was practiced in the South because slavery was endorsed by the Bible, and rabbi David Einhorn who opposed its current form.[158] However, there were not many Jews in the South, and Jews accounted for only 1.25% of all Southern slave owners.[13] In 1861, Raphall published his views in a treatise called "The Bible View of Slavery".[159] Raphall, and other pro-slavery rabbis such as Isaac Leeser and J. M. Michelbacher (both of Virginia), used the Tanakh (Jewish Bible) to support their arguments.[160]

Abolitionist rabbis, including Einhorn and Michael Heilprin, concerned that Raphall's position would be seen as the official policy of American Judaism, vigorously rebutted his arguments, and argued that slavery – as practiced in the South – was immoral and not endorsed by Judaism.[161]

Ken Yellis, writing in The Forward, has suggested that "the majority of American Jews were mute on the subject, perhaps because they dreaded its tremendous corrosive power. Prior to 1861, there are virtually no instances of rabbinical sermons on slavery, probably due to fear that the controversy would trigger a sectional conflict in which Jewish families would be arrayed on opposite sides. ... America’s largest Jewish community, New York’s Jews were overwhelmingly pro-southern, pro-slavery, and anti-Lincoln in the early years of the war." However, as the war progressed, "and the North’s military victories mounted, feelings began to shift toward ... the Union and eventually, emancipation."[162]

Evolution....including, interpretation of The Bible.

What an ironic turn of phrase.....

Compared to those that follow and interpret the Koran?

Jews and Christians in the Western World stopped slavery based on evolving ethics.

Did the Bible for Jews and Christians change? Did the words in the Bible change? How was slavery 'ethical' according to the Bible prior to 1860 but not 'ethical' after 1860?

And btw- Jews had essentially no political power in 'the Western World' to stop the slave trade.

The most notable debate[157] was between Rabbi Morris Jacob Raphall, who defended slavery as it was practiced in the South because slavery was endorsed by the Bible, and rabbi David Einhorn who opposed its current form.[158] However, there were not many Jews in the South, and Jews accounted for only 1.25% of all Southern slave owners.[13] In 1861, Raphall published his views in a treatise called "The Bible View of Slavery".[159] Raphall, and other pro-slavery rabbis such as Isaac Leeser and J. M. Michelbacher (both of Virginia), used the Tanakh (Jewish Bible) to support their arguments.[160]

Abolitionist rabbis, including Einhorn and Michael Heilprin, concerned that Raphall's position would be seen as the official policy of American Judaism, vigorously rebutted his arguments, and argued that slavery – as practiced in the South – was immoral and not endorsed by Judaism.[161]

Ken Yellis, writing in The Forward, has suggested that "the majority of American Jews were mute on the subject, perhaps because they dreaded its tremendous corrosive power. Prior to 1861, there are virtually no instances of rabbinical sermons on slavery, probably due to fear that the controversy would trigger a sectional conflict in which Jewish families would be arrayed on opposite sides. ... America’s largest Jewish community, New York’s Jews were overwhelmingly pro-southern, pro-slavery, and anti-Lincoln in the early years of the war." However, as the war progressed, "and the North’s military victories mounted, feelings began to shift toward ... the Union and eventually, emancipation."[162]

Evolution....including, interpretation of The Bible.

What an ironic turn of phrase.....

Compared to those that follow and interpret the Koran?
Same thing

MOST Christians ignore condoning???? Based on what countries and what numbers? You are making excuses for Muslims and punishing Christians for evolving. The US is dominated by Christians. Name a Muslim country that has abolished Slavery as US.

God loved slavery

Liberals created this country

Conservatives wanted a monarchy

Based on 1776 criteria, I align with free market Capitalism, free speech, Judeo-Christian ethics, limited Government, and the right to bear arms. In 2017, this criteria maps to Conservatives. In 2017, Liberals are nothing like their 1776 counterparts.
Do you believe government has a responsibility for people to pursue happiness. Did the colonists feed their poor?

What does that even mean? Pursuing happiness is your own responsibility, not the government's.
I thought that was why governments are instituted among men?

I condemn all forms of Slavery. Further, I celebrate American Exceptionalism for moving far away from Slavery as possible. You mentioned "illegal forms of slavery"....it may be illegal but still tolerated in Muslim, African, and Asian lands. Ironic that it is US always getting slammed for an institution we banned 160 years ago yet nations still practice or ignore today.

Actually, the United States not only made slavery illegal 160 years ago- the United States continues to fight against slavery.

I think there is room for both recognizing American complicity in the slave trade 160 years ago and also condemning and fighting the very real issue of illegal slavery around the world.

Given the very real issue of passive acceptance of slavery around the world today, more emphasis must be placed on American abolishment of slavery 160 years ago vs. the

Slavery and segregation in United States was a fucking embarrassment.

Emphasis? On what? That we eventually (and not without some serious screaming and kicking) caught up with the rest of developed world on human rights?

Yey! Go us.

Liberals created this country

Conservatives wanted a monarchy

Based on 1776 criteria, I align with free market Capitalism, free speech, Judeo-Christian ethics, limited Government, and the right to bear arms. In 2017, this criteria maps to Conservatives. In 2017, Liberals are nothing like their 1776 counterparts.
Do you believe government has a responsibility for people to pursue happiness. Did the colonists feed their poor?

What does that even mean? Pursuing happiness is your own responsibility, not the government's.
I thought that was why governments are instituted among men?

They are constituted to ALLOW you to pursue happiness, not to produce happiness.

Emphasis? On what? That we eventually (and not without some serious screaming and kicking) caught up with the rest of developed world on human rights?

Yey! Go us.

Every country in the world once had slavery, so why is it any more embarrassing for the United States?

During that time in the USSR when it was explained that everybody's job paid the same wage, a visitor once asked, "What about people who refuse to work?" The reply given, "Then they don't eat."

"this country was based on people to be free, and use their God given gifts to excell."

-- apparently not at spellling thoughh

This thread has jack shit to do with Liberalism. Complete red herring fallacy.
Spelling Nazi I see, you NEVER make a spelling error, do you?

Despite the pretense, he barely semi-literate.

Yey! Go us.

Every country in the world once had slavery, so why is it any more embarrassing for the United States?

...can you see how slavery would be embarrassing today?

Perhaps you'd say no since "Everyone had slavery". :rolleyes:

What America would look like if it guaranteed everyone a job
Imagine the US federal government established a policy whereby anyone who didn’t have a job and wanted one could go into a local office for a government agency — call it the Works Progress Administration — and walk out with a regular government position paying a livable wage ($15 an hour, perhaps) and offering health, dental, and vision insurance, and retirement benefits, and child care for their kids.
Different people would do different things: teaching or working for after-school programs or providing child care or building roads and mass transit or driving buses and so on. But everyone would be guaranteed a job, including during recessions. Involuntary unemployment would be a thing of the past.
The USSR tried this with their people, where everyone was supposed to work and get paid the same, so a doctor who went to school for 8 years then intern for 4 would be paid the same as the bread maker who failed out of school at the 6th grade. Soon the doctors didn't want to be doctors any more, so in comes the government and by the point of a gun, FORCED the people to be doctors. People would face dogs or machine guns to get away from the Communists to come to the US of A. and freedom. Yep, liberals love Communism, and they think that their illustrious leaders could do it better. Here is Whoopie Goldberg on Communism.

That is not communism communism. Communism is when the state owns all business and industry. Every civilized country has all those things.

Yey! Go us.

We don't have slavery today, dumbass.

Pooping your pants is also embarassing, but we all did it as children.

Yey! Go us.

You are such a silly dumbass.

WOULD BE - do you speak English? Do you know what those words mean?

Yey! Go us.

Like I said, we don't have slavery today. You said we should be embarrassed because we once had slavery, not because we have it today. So are you now saying we should be embarrassed about slavery, or that we shouldn't?

Yey! Go us.

Like I said, we don't have slavery today. You said we should be embarrassed because we once had slavery, not because we have it today. So are you now saying we should be embarrassed about slavery, or that we shouldn't?

BUT IF WE DID, IT WOULD BE EMBARRASSING, JUST AS IT WAS BACK WHEN WE HAD SLAVERY AND SEGREGATION WHILE OTHER DEVELOPED NATIONS MOVED ON TO A LATER PHASE OF ENLIGHTENMENT.

I hope bigger letters help. United States in many cases was very late on civil rights compared to other developed countries, the fact that we eventually caught up is not much to take pride in.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back