he liberals want true Communism, and this just proves the point.

Do you think the liberal elites of today could do Communism better than the USSR?

• Yes, i am a liberal and need someone else to take care of me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, this country was based on people to be free, and use their God given gifts to excell.

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
What America would look like if it guaranteed everyone a job
Imagine the US federal government established a policy whereby anyone who didn’t have a job and wanted one could go into a local office for a government agency — call it the Works Progress Administration — and walk out with a regular government position paying a livable wage ($15 an hour, perhaps) and offering health, dental, and vision insurance, and retirement benefits, and child care for their kids.
Different people would do different things: teaching or working for after-school programs or providing child care or building roads and mass transit or driving buses and so on. But everyone would be guaranteed a job, including during recessions. Involuntary unemployment would be a thing of the past.
The USSR tried this with their people, where everyone was supposed to work and get paid the same, so a doctor who went to school for 8 years then intern for 4 would be paid the same as the bread maker who failed out of school at the 6th grade. Soon the doctors didn't want to be doctors any more, so in comes the government and by the point of a gun, FORCED the people to be doctors. People would face dogs or machine guns to get away from the Communists to come to the US of A. and freedom. Yep, liberals love Communism, and they think that their illustrious leaders could do it better. Here is Whoopie Goldberg on Communism.

"this country was based on people to be free, and use their God given gifts to excell."

-- apparently not at spellling thoughh

This thread has jack shit to do with Liberalism. Complete red herring fallacy. Stupefying how many posters are willing to wax prolific on subjects they know absolutely nothing about.

That reminds me -- think I'll go start a thread on the various species of caterpillars in Malawi.

Btw wtf is a "he-liberal"?

"this country was based on people to be free, and use their God given gifts to excell."

This thread has jack shit to do with Liberalism. Complete red herring fallacy.
Spelling Nazi I see, you NEVER make a spelling error, do you?

This thread has jack shit to do with Liberalism. Complete red herring fallacy.
Spelling Nazi I see, you NEVER make a spelling error, do you?

This old keyboard does skip some now and then from all the use it gets correcting jackalopes with no clues. But I do proofread, and I do know what the fuck Liberalism is, and I don't post at all on topics I know nothing about.

But yeah I guess I am a "He-Liberal". Just never heard it put quite that way before.

Liberals created this country

Conservatives wanted a monarchy

Based on 1776 criteria, I align with free market Capitalism, free speech, Judeo-Christian ethics, limited Government, and the right to bear arms. In 2017, this criteria maps to Conservatives. In 2017, Liberals are nothing like their 1776 counterparts.

Based on 1776 criteria, I align with free market Capitalism, free speech, Judeo-Christian ethics, limited Government, and the right to bear arms. In 2017, this criteria maps to Conservatives. In 2017, Liberals are nothing like their 1776 counterparts.
Do you believe government has a responsibility for people to pursue happiness. Did the colonists feed their poor?

Judeo-Christian ethics

Judeo-Christian ethics: slavery is ok and you should be smiting your neighbor for not keeping Sabbath.

American ethics: Slavery is amoral, vigilantism is illegal and people are free to practice their religion or no religion at all.

Last edited:

As long as you're completely unable to identify what a Liberal is, that might apply. But that's your ignorance, not theirs.

I used to hear that "Communism looks good on paper" bullshit line a zillion times back in the 70s.

It's a stupid meme.

Correct. It looks like shit on paper too.

It's a throwaway line by people who know nothing about the subject.

It's also a 25-second comment from some discussion already in progress and thus completely removed from whatever its context was. Which is par for the coarse for this particular abjectly clueless OP.

What America would look like if it guaranteed everyone a job
Imagine the US federal government established a policy whereby anyone who didn’t have a job and wanted one could go into a local office for a government agency — call it the Works Progress Administration — and walk out with a regular government position paying a livable wage ($15 an hour, perhaps) and offering health, dental, and vision insurance, and retirement benefits, and child care for their kids.
Different people would do different things: teaching or working for after-school programs or providing child care or building roads and mass transit or driving buses and so on. But everyone would be guaranteed a job, including during recessions. Involuntary unemployment would be a thing of the past.
The USSR tried this with their people, where everyone was supposed to work and get paid the same, so a doctor who went to school for 8 years then intern for 4 would be paid the same as the bread maker who failed out of school at the 6th grade. Soon the doctors didn't want to be doctors any more, so in comes the government and by the point of a gun, FORCED the people to be doctors. People would face dogs or machine guns to get away from the Communists to come to the US of A. and freedom. Yep, liberals love Communism, and they think that their illustrious leaders could do it better. Here is Whoopie Goldberg on Communism.

Why are you such an ignorant idiot and a liar.

You claim that I want something- but of course that is a lie.

As a liberal- I believe in the spirit of the Declaration of Independence and the words of the Constitution.

I don't cherry pick which parts of the Constitution to promote- and which to ignore.

Do you believe government has a responsibility for people to pursue happiness. Did the colonists feed their poor?

Pursue

The Government has a moral responsibility to protect a person's individual right to pursue happiness and to feed the poor. That is a limited role. Liberal interpretation of that is to pursue policies that state happiness will be guaranteed and loose interpretation of feeding the poor.

Judeo-Christian ethics

Judeo-Christian ethics: slavery is ok and you should be smiting your neighbor for not keeping Sabbath.

American ethics: Slavery is amoral, vigilantism is illegal and people are free to practice their religion or no religion at all.

Judeo Christian ethics evolved and stated slavery to be immoral in the 1860s. Are you sure you want to go there where we site the religions that still permit slavery? You just made the case for not letting those religions into the US.

As long as you're completely unable to identify what a Liberal is, that might apply. But that's your ignorance, not theirs.

It does not appear that you are able to articulate the definition of a Liberal either.

As a liberal- I believe in the spirit of the Declaration of Independence and the words of the Constitution.

I don't cherry pick which parts of the Constitution to promote- and which to ignore.

Neither do I. I simply sited the parts Liberals cherry pick to have a problem.

Forum List

Back