He is still talking about the November election. Why?

Democrats actions leading to Mortgage Collapse B.B.

From New York Times
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending

From Bloomberg News
How the Democrats Created the Financial Crisis
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&refer=columnist_hassett&sid=aSKSoiNbnQY0

The Administration’s Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs, ie Fannie, Freddie etc.)
Just the Facts: The Administration's Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs

Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Democrats of Financial Crisis; Meltdown

The Wall Street Journal Barney’s Rubble
Barney's Rubble

Mashup of Maxine Waters & Barney Frank - Then Vs. Now
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

The Bet That Blew Up Wall Street
Steve Kroft On Credit Default Swaps And Their Central Role In The Unfolding Economic Crisis

Bush Called For Reform 17 Times In 2008 ALONE, here dating back to 2001! Duplicate of Whitehouse.archives Bush Called For Reform 17 Times In 2008 | Sweetness & Light

Utter nonsense...

Your first link was about Clinton putting pressure on the GSE's to extend credit to those who were close to qualifying, but fell short. The GSE's complied but built up their portfolios of AAA-rated PLS, which did not cause the bubble and subsequent crash.

Your second link goes to a non-existent page.

Your third link is about Bush warning the Congress to increase oversight of the GSE's, but the Congress, controlled mostly by Republicans, passed nothing until the 2007 Democrat-led House passed two such bills and in 2008, the Democrat-led Senate passed one of them to get it to Bush's desk.

Your 4th, 5th and 6th links are to 2 videos and one WSJ article about how Barney Frank fought against GSE reform. While it's true he did; it's also true that he did at a time when Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress and he was but one House member of the minority party and helpless to prevent the House from passing GSE reform. Which, by the way, the Republican-led House did pass one such bill in all those years and Bush ripped it up for being ineffective and not addressing the problem.

Your 7th link blames the Republican-led Congress.

Your 8th link is about the same story as your 3rd link.

And again, we have Bush and Republicans taking credit for the boom before blaming Democrats for the bust...

"Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all time high." ~ George Bush, 2004 Republican National Convention acceptance speech

I was a year out of collegee in the 90s. I had my student loans paid off, a good job and 20℅ down and still had to get my dad to co sign.

Republicans are such hypocrites. You know if they were in charge they would want to loosen regulations on a guy like me, not tighten them to make it harder for me to buy a home.

The rules were loosened and look at our 2008 recession.

Isn't that what Republicans are all about? Loosening regulations?

Who knew the bush era would send 750,000 jobs a month oversea?. It's why Obama won and ultimately what did Hillary in. Clinton signed NAFTA, remember?

But the mass exodus happened on bushs watch

You just posted before that, that they wouldn't loosen regulations. Which is it?

Loosen, not loosen? Make up your mind.

You're missing the point. To point back to the good old days of the 1990s and blame Clinton for loosening up regulations so that people could more easily get loans is stupid I'm sorry. You would have to ignore all the deviant shady shit that happened from 2000-2008. All the shit bush delay and hastert did. Only a brainwashed Republican would blame Clinton and Freddy and fanny.

Earlier I asked another con who said "both sides are to blame" for the recession and I asked them to tell me what bush did wrong. They wouldn't answer. So in reality "both sides are to blame" is like a child telling you they are sorry but not being able to say what they are sorry for. Tell me in your words what did Republicans do wrong to cause the recession?

From New York Times

From Bloomberg News
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&refer=columnist_hassett&sid=aSKSoiNbnQY0

The Administration’s Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs, ie Fannie, Freddie etc.)
Just the Facts: The Administration's Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs

Barney's Rubble

Steve Kroft On Credit Default Swaps And Their Central Role In The Unfolding Economic Crisis

Bush Called For Reform 17 Times In 2008 ALONE, here dating back to 2001! Duplicate of Whitehouse.archives Bush Called For Reform 17 Times In 2008 | Sweetness & Light

Utter nonsense...

Your first link was about Clinton putting pressure on the GSE's to extend credit to those who were close to qualifying, but fell short. The GSE's complied but built up their portfolios of AAA-rated PLS, which did not cause the bubble and subsequent crash.

Your third link is about Bush warning the Congress to increase oversight of the GSE's, but the Congress, controlled mostly by Republicans, passed nothing until the 2007 Democrat-led House passed two such bills and in 2008, the Democrat-led Senate passed one of them to get it to Bush's desk.

Your 4th, 5th and 6th links are to 2 videos and one WSJ article about how Barney Frank fought against GSE reform. While it's true he did; it's also true that he did at a time when Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress and he was but one House member of the minority party and helpless to prevent the House from passing GSE reform. Which, by the way, the Republican-led House did pass one such bill in all those years and Bush ripped it up for being ineffective and not addressing the problem.

And again, we have Bush and Republicans taking credit for the boom before blaming Democrats for the bust...

"Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all time high." ~ George Bush, 2004 Republican National Convention acceptance speech

I was a year out of collegee in the 90s. I had my student loans paid off, a good job and 20℅ down and still had to get my dad to co sign.

Republicans are such hypocrites. You know if they were in charge they would want to loosen regulations on a guy like me, not tighten them to make it harder for me to buy a home.

Who knew the bush era would send 750,000 jobs a month oversea?. It's why Obama won and ultimately what did Hillary in. Clinton signed NAFTA, remember?

You just posted before that, that they wouldn't loosen regulations. Which is it?

Who told the bankers to bundle all the bad loans together? Who passed tax breaks to companies going overseas? Seems to me it was done on purpose. Tarp was a bank robbery. We were bamboozled. I fear with Twitler we're going to get scammed again.

People who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.

Let's see if Republicans fuck us again.

My prediction when they do? You'll still defend them. I already know your excuse. Recessions are cyclical. You'll say it would have happened even on a Democrats watch. Well they didn't on clinton or Obama's watch

Who are you?

I liked your post enough to comment. You should be honored

You aren't intellectually honest enough to have a conversation with.

You won't have the conversation because you'll have to admit we were right about what Republicans did to cause the great recession. 8 years of bush, Tom delay and Dennis hastert caused the 2007 recession. It most certainly wasn't 2006 pelosi and reed. There is a reason Democrats took control of both houses in 06 and we won white house 2008. The Republicans caused the great recession.

The 2008 recession caused by Republicans? Lol! Clinton had as much to do with the Great Recession as Bush, in fact many people and laws had much to do with the Recession, but go ahead and spout your BS without proof.
BS

From New York Times

From Bloomberg News

Barney's Rubble

Utter nonsense...

Here is another llnk for you.
Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Janet Reno to blame for mortgage mess

And the article from the 2nd link. Note, it shows Bloomberg as the source.

Sept. 22 (Bloomberg) -- The financial crisis of the past year has provided a number of surprising twists and turns, and from Bear Stearns Cos. to American International Group Inc., ambiguity has been a big part of the story.

Why did Bear Stearns fail, and how does that relate to AIG? It all seems so complex.

But really, it isn't. Enough cards on this table have been turned over that the story is now clear. The economic history books will describe this episode in simple and understandable terms: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac exploded, and many bystanders were injured in the blast, some fatally.

Fannie and Freddie did this by becoming a key enabler of the mortgage crisis. They fueled Wall Street's efforts to securitize subprime loans by becoming the primary customer of all AAA-rated subprime-mortgage pools. In addition, they held an enormous portfolio of mortgages themselves.

Read more at

What role did Republicans play?

I posit that anyone who can't tell is someone of whom it doesn't really matter if they can, do, don't or won't.

I'm too lazy at the moment to come up with it, but I'm sure there's a variation on the following saying that applies to those folks: "The people who care don't matter, and the people who matter don't care."

Why didn't you just shorten all of that to DUUUUUUUHHHHHHH, AAAAHHHHAHHAHHHHH DUUUUUUUHHHHHH.

Why is Trump, today, still talking about how he won the election? We can tell he won. Nobody would be giving him much beyond the time of day but for the fact that he did win it. Maybe people would watch him on the Apprentice or something.

The man is like my Great Aunt Bea who now, some 60+ years later, will still not miss an opportunity to tell anyone who'll listen about her being chosen as the 1930-whenever-the-f*ck-it-was high school prom queen. F*ckin'-A!

Get on with the business of governing! Please!

Many dems and their supporters are not over it yet.

Who told the bankers to bundle all the bad loans together? Who passed tax breaks to companies going overseas? Seems to me it was done on purpose. Tarp was a bank robbery. We were bamboozled. I fear with Twitler we're going to get scammed again.

My prediction when they do? You'll still defend them. I already know your excuse. Recessions are cyclical. You'll say it would have happened even on a Democrats watch. Well they didn't on clinton or Obama's watch

You don't know history, so I guess you are going to get bammed in the ass again. The answer to you question is the dimshitscum are the ones who held the door open and shoved investment banks to make loans to unqualified people, and they also set up the federal government program backing to put the loan guarantees on the taxpayers back. Oshitass was a big time player in the intimidation and forcing of the banks to comply with their requests even to the point of breaking into boardrooms of banks and intimidating the board members. SO lie some more about what you know nothing about except form your indoctrinators.

Utter nonsense...

You're missing the point. To point back to the good old days of the 1990s and blame Clinton for loosening up regulations so that people could more easily get loans is stupid I'm sorry. You would have to ignore all the deviant shady shit that happened from 2000-2008. All the shit bush delay and hastert did. Only a brainwashed Republican would blame Clinton and Freddy and fanny.

Earlier I asked another con who said "both sides are to blame" for the recession and I asked them to tell me what bush did wrong. They wouldn't answer. So in reality "both sides are to blame" is like a child telling you they are sorry but not being able to say what they are sorry for. Tell me in your words what did Republicans do wrong to cause the recession?

You seem to labor under the impression that your "opinions" matter to me, why is that?
Who are you?

You won't have the conversation because you'll have to admit we were right about what Republicans did to cause the great recession. 8 years of bush, Tom delay and Dennis hastert caused the 2007 recession. It most certainly wasn't 2006 pelosi and reed. There is a reason Democrats took control of both houses in 06 and we won white house 2008. The Republicans caused the great recession.

The 2008 recession caused by Republicans? Lol! Clinton had as much to do with the Great Recession as Bush, in fact many people and laws had much to do with the Recession, but go ahead and spout your BS without proof.
BS

From New York Times

From Bloomberg News

Barney's Rubble

Utter nonsense...

Your intentioned ignorance is amusing. Republicans were to blame for not standing up to the Democrats.

NO ONE is blaming Fannie and Freddie. They are an inanimate object. They received directives from the Congressional oversight committees headed by Chris Dodd and Barney Frank. At the time, Barney's lover was on the board of directors of Fannie Mae. The more loans they bought, the bigger his bonus.

I'm sure you recall:

From New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/23/business/23cnd-fannie.htmlFannie Mae to pay $400 million fine

By Elliot Blair Smith, USA TODAY

Franklin Raines Housing-finance giant Fannie Mae (FNM) agreed Tuesday to pay federal regulators a $400 million fine for alleged accounting manipulations and governance lapses by its board and management that are expected to force it to erase $10.6 billion in previously reported profits.

Throughout OFHEO's 340-page investigative report, former Fannie Mae CEO Franklin Raines [current Obama financial advisor] and former CFO Timothy Howard are held as principally responsible for manipulating the company's earnings from 1998 to 2004 while reaping tens of millions of dollars in pay and bonuses."

Here is another llnk for you.
Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Janet Reno to blame for mortgage mess

And the article from the 2nd link. Note, it shows Bloomberg as the source.

Sept. 22 (Bloomberg) -- The financial crisis of the past year has provided a number of surprising twists and turns, and from Bear Stearns Cos. to American International Group Inc., ambiguity has been a big part of the story.

Why did Bear Stearns fail, and how does that relate to AIG? It all seems so complex.

But really, it isn't. Enough cards on this table have been turned over that the story is now clear. The economic history books will describe this episode in simple and understandable terms: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac exploded, and many bystanders were injured in the blast, some fatally.

Fannie and Freddie did this by becoming a key enabler of the mortgage crisis. They fueled Wall Street's efforts to securitize subprime loans by becoming the primary customer of all AAA-rated subprime-mortgage pools. In addition, they held an enormous portfolio of mortgages themselves.

[...]

In The Days: Current news events in the light of biblical prophecy » How the Democrats Created the Financial Crisis: Kevin Hassett

Last edited:

You don't know history, so I guess you are going to get bammed in the ass again. The answer to you question is the dimshitscum are the ones who held the door open and shoved investment banks to make loans to unqualified people, and they also set up the federal government program backing to put the loan guarantees on the taxpayers back. Oshitass was a big time player in the intimidation and forcing of the banks to comply with their requests even to the point of breaking into boardrooms of banks and intimidating the board members. SO lie some more about what you know nothing about except form your indoctrinators.
Are you kidding? Bankers let free to do what they want didn't just give loans to poor people. The mortgage companies were very shady in the bush years. Bush had 8 years and for awhile him hastert and delay made many changes to many things when they controlled all three houses and all the stuff that happened in Bush's 8 years caused the great recession. You Republicans are silly

And be careful then of all the deregulations happening now. Anything goes wrong don't blame Obama.

And I wanted papageorge to answer not you for him

BS

Seriously? The problem started when we tried to jump from a 64% homeownership level to a 70% in the 90's and it continued to 2008. When people are mortgaging 125% of a home value, when you can just make up income and when appraisers ask you what do you need this to appraise for, it was a set up for disaster. Several federal policies over decades created the mess. Of course simplicity is easier isn't it?
Just don't fuck up again. If trump McConnell and Ryan fuck us like bush hastert and delay did please don't blame obama

I didn't blame Obama, I blamed the government from Carter to Bush. Learn to read! Bush should have reversed the bad plans government had put into play. Clinton had a big part of 2008.

All Obama did was quadruple the bail out program. The dirty little secret is that not only did the Banks get the money, they also got the foreclosed upon properties.

The dirty little secret you pretend to NOT KNOW is that the banks repaid all the money, in advance with
interest. Former President Bush made the initial payment to the banks.

Who are you?

BS

From New York Times

From Bloomberg News

Barney's Rubble

Utter nonsense...

You weren't a good risk being only a year out of college. Anyone with less than a two-year work history will have a problem.

BS

From New York Times

From Bloomberg News

Barney's Rubble

Utter nonsense...

You weren't a good risk being only a year out of college. Anyone with less than a two-year work history will have a problem.

If the economy is fine and I default it's not a big deal. The bankers always win as proven after the crash. Buy low sell high. And they got nailed out.

Point is if the great recession didn't hit all those people wouldnt have lost their homes all at the same time.

You trumpeters can't argue against free trade and then defend the free trade that went on during Bush's time in office, can you?

BS

From New York Times

From Bloomberg News

Barney's Rubble

Utter nonsense...

I paid it off in 14 years.

Utter nonsense...

I said BOTH sides are to blame, we went off the gold standard, we then started to allow households to go in debt, that started in the 70's and credit got easier and easier. Then we had to loosen credit regs for housing in the late 70's. The 80's the debt increased, the 90's had the dot.com BS, we had companies that made nothing selling stock for 10 to 20 times their worth. We had people maxing out their credit, then would remortgage their homes at 125% of its worth, then go right back into debt. In the 90's we wanted at least 70% homeownership and not 70% were in a position to own a home and banks were made to make the loans, when the dot com popped, we started down a bad trail, we were maxed out on credit, businesses were having dwindling cash reserved. 911 hit and instead of falling further into the recession, we somehow rebounded because we started allowing banks to sell bad loans. Then we had a shot to change the direction, slow the economy and reset but no one wanted to pay the bills and let it ride.

We are back on the same track.

Utter nonsense...

The recession of 2001 started a month and a half into the Bush Presidency, the dotcom had burst in 2000. You need to learn history.

I don't really care what you say or said. History disagrees with you. Why do you think Obama gave them money AND let them keep the properties?

The banks paid back the money, with interest, early.

He then used the money to bail out the auto industry which was a mistake.

I said BOTH sides are to blame, we went off the gold standard, we then started to allow households to go in debt, that started in the 70's and credit got easier and easier. Then we had to loosen credit regs for housing in the late 70's. The 80's the debt increased, the 90's had the dot.com BS, we had companies that made nothing selling stock for 10 to 20 times their worth. We had people maxing out their credit, then would remortgage their homes at 125% of its worth, then go right back into debt. In the 90's we wanted at least 70% homeownership and not 70% were in a position to own a home and banks were made to make the loans, when the dot com popped, we started down a bad trail, we were maxed out on credit, businesses were having dwindling cash reserved. 911 hit and instead of falling further into the recession, we somehow rebounded because we started allowing banks to sell bad loans. Then we had a shot to change the direction, slow the economy and reset but no one wanted to pay the bills and let it ride.

We are back on the same track.
Now let's see moving forward. No more excuses like trump the other day said he was handed a mess. No you werent

The recession of 2001 started a month and a half into the Bush Presidency, the dotcom had burst in 2000. You need to learn history.
Worse than 9-11 were the policies bush passed after 9-11. All the tax breaks then Iraq war. Not good.. Haloburton

Utter nonsense...

This, as you know, is the FACT. Loan guidelines were loosened, considerably by former President Bill Clinton. Also, as you have seen, it was the Democrats who led us into the 2007/8 mortgage/housing/financing meltdown. Republicans failed to fight back hard enough.

HUD TO FIGHT DISCRIMINATION, BOOST MINORITY HOMEOWNERSHIP AND WORK WITH URBAN LEAGUE TO FURTHER GOALS

WASHINGTON - The Clinton Administration is committed to fighting illegal housing discrimination and to giving more minorities opportunities to become homeowners, Housing Secretary Andrew Cuomo told the National Urban League Annual Conference today. At the same time, he signed an agreement to work with the Urban League to further those goals.

Cuomo spoke a day after banking regulators issued a report that found that conventional and government-backed home mortgages to all racial and ethnic groups rose in 1996.

However, the report found that blacks, Hispanics and American Indians were still more likely than whites and Asians to be turned down for conventional home mortgages.

The report said in 1996 lenders turned down 48.8 percent of applications for conventional home mortgages by African Americans, compared with only 24.1 percent for whites. The denial rates were 34.4 percent for Hispanics, 13.8 percent for Asians, and 50.2 percent for American Indians.

Still, the disparity in mortgage denial rates for blacks and whites has narrowed since 1990. In that year, blacks were 2.4 times as likely as whites to have their application denied. Today, blacks are 2 times as likely to have their mortgage applications denied.

Content Archived: January 20, 2009

HUD Archives: Cuomo agrees w/Nat'l Urban League -- to Fight Housing Discrimination

Last edited:

Sorry companies weren't hiring after the 2000 election. I guess not a lot of consumer confidence.

Forum List

Back