He has a good point

I like the Vanishing England article, hits the issue on the head. :)

Vanishing England

stars-stripes.gif

"There'll Always Be an England" - popular World War II song

Cal Thomas
August 28, 2007

Perhaps there will not always be an England. An exodus unprecedented in modern times, coupled with a record influx of foreigners, is threatening to erode the character of the land of William Shakespeare and overpowering monarchs, a land that served as the cradle for much of American thought, law and culture.

The figures, making headlines in London newspapers, tell only part of the story. Between June 2005 and June 2006 nearly 200,000 British citizens chose to leave the country for a new life elsewhere. During the same period, at least 574,000 immigrants came to Britain. This number does not include the people who broke the law to get there, or the thousands unknown to the government. Britain's Office of National Statistics reports that middle-class Britons are beginning to move out of towns in southern England that have become home to large numbers of immigrants, thereby altering the character of neighborhoods that have remained unchanged for generations.

Britons give many reasons for leaving, but their stories share one commonality: life in Britain has become unbearable for them. They fear lawlessness and the threat of more terrorism from a growing Muslim population and the loss of a sense of Britishness, exacerbated by the growing refusal of public schools to teach the history and culture of the nation to the next generation. What it means to be British has been watered down in a plague of political correctness that has swept the country faster than hoof-and-mouth disease. Officials say they do not wish to "offend" others.

Hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers are about to be granted "amnesty" to stay in Britain. The government's approach is similar to that pursued by President Bush, who failed to win congressional approval for his amnesty plan. In Britain it appears likely to succeed. Migrants will be granted immediate access to many benefits, including top priority for council housing. Taxpayers will foot the bill.

The Shadow Home Secretary, David Davis, called the policy a "stealth amnesty." Again, in a comment reminiscent of the debate in America, Sir Andrew Green, chairman of Migrationwatch UK, said: "This is yet another example of the Alice in Wonderland world of human rights. If you break British law for long enough, you acquire rights not penalties."

British media have carried stories about an Italian immigrant who murdered a schoolteacher and was sentenced to life in prison. He is about to be released after serving just 12 years. The government wants to deport him to Italy, but a combination of British human rights legislation and European Union law are making it impossible to do so. This does not bode well for deporting Islamic terrorists who call for the overthrow of the government and incite young people to acts of violence.

Abraham Lincoln said no nation can exist half slave and half free. Neither can a nation be sustained if it allows conditions that result in mass emigration, while importing huge numbers of foreigners who come from backgrounds that do not practice assimilation or tolerance of other beliefs. When one factors in the high number of abortions (one in five pregnancies are aborted in England and Wales), the high birth rates of immigrants (15 times those of white Britons), it doesn't take a population expert to predict that the days of the England we have known may be numbered. The problem for Britain and the United States isn't just the change in demographics. It is the reluctance of both countries to inculcate the beliefs, history and, yes, religious ideals, which made our nations so successful that others wanted to come and be a part of them. The difference between many of the current immigrants and those of the past is that the previous ones wanted to become fully American or fully British. The current ones, in too many cases, would destroy what makes our countries unique. And the "leaders" of Britain and America refuse to stop it.

The greater tragedy is that the people of Britain have little say in any of this, so they are taking the road of last resort. They are leaving.
http://www.davidstuff.com/incorrect/thomas21.htm

Last edited:
My point is that I'm sure it IS a non-issue to them if there's a pork store next door.

I understand that you think it would offend them.
I understand that you are offended by this Center.

What I don't understand why you think that just because they've offended you, you should offend them back.

Would you be willing to bet your life on it by working in the pork store opened next to the mosque? If not, you are no where near as sure as you claim to be.

My goal, as I said, is to mock them because they cannot stand to be mocked. If they find mocking offensive, that is there problem, not mine, as I support their right to mock me in return, or even offend me, if they can find a way to do so.

Last edited:
My point is that I'm sure it IS a non-issue to them if there's a pork store next door.

What I don't understand why you think that just because they've offended you, you should offend them back.

Would you be willing to bet your life on it by working in the pork store opened next to the mosque? If not, you are no where near as sure as you claim to be.

My goal, as I said, is to mock them because they cannot stand to be mocked. If they find mocking offensive, that is there problem, not mine, as I support their right to mock me in return, or even offend me, if they can find a way to do so.

Would I be willing to work in the theoretical "pork store" next door?
Of course.

You know there's already a store that sells pork next door, right?

Would I be willing to work in the theoretical "pork store" next door?
Of course.

You know there's already a store that sells pork next door, right?

Along with a strip club, two churches, and an LGBT center, according to some posts. Amazing how much borders those two lots.

The ignorance on this thread is astounding. Muslims are American just like any other average Americans.

I'm an American Muslim born and bred. and no my parents were not immigrants to this country(unless you consider slaves immigrants).I love this country just as much as anyone else.

and do you guys actually think a bar is going to affect the mosque?

I've been masjids before where there were cracks around. and bars next to it and the masjids functioned as normal. and there is one huge masjid here in philly that is right across the street from a church for years.

yeah some misguided muslims might be bothered something like that and go and vandalized the bar or club. but majority of muslims in america will not be bothered by something like that because we understand this is a free nation and people have a right to build things where they please. and we understand you cannot control what is being built around the masjid.

and that is the core of the issue. The Muslims would not be peaceful about it. How many Majority Muslim Nations Allow Christian or Jewish Churches to Operate? How many have Freedom of Religion? I mean real freedom of Religion not a place that says they do, but persecutes anyone who is not Muslim.

They claim this Mosque is about Tolerance and Reaching out. However the Vast Majority of Muslims on Earth live under Governments that Oppress any other religion, and Oppress women under Sharia Law.

I know I know We are not suppose to profile but you can see why some people have a hard time trusting when any Muslim says they are about reaching out and getting along. When time and time again we see example after example of Intolerance and Oppression not just among a radical few, but in the Majority of their societies as a whole. We Have seen them Vote for this kind of Intolerant Islamic Government time and time again. Yet we want to say it is only a small few who are radical.

I just don't know!

actually the vast majority so not live under shariah. only a few are ruled under shariah law.

i've been to the middle east before. and some the areas look no different than a city in the US. women are free to wear what they want. the have discos. and in some muslims countries you will even find strip clubs. they have bars in most muslim countries.

The ignorance on this thread is astounding. Muslims are American just like any other average Americans.

I'm an American Muslim born and bred. and no my parents were not immigrants to this country(unless you consider slaves immigrants).I love this country just as much as anyone else.

You have any scriptural justification for this?

and do you guys actually think a bar is going to affect the mosque?

I've been masjids before where there were cracks around. and bars next to it and the masjids functioned as normal. and there is one huge masjid here in philly that is right across the street from a church for years.

yeah some misguided muslims might be bothered something like that and go and vandalized the bar or club. but majority of muslims in america will not be bothered by something like that because we understand this is a free nation and people have a right to build things where they please. and we understand you cannot control what is being built around the masjid.

and that is the core of the issue. The Muslims would not be peaceful about it. How many Majority Muslim Nations Allow Christian or Jewish Churches to Operate? How many have Freedom of Religion? I mean real freedom of Religion not a place that says they do, but persecutes anyone who is not Muslim.

They claim this Mosque is about Tolerance and Reaching out. However the Vast Majority of Muslims on Earth live under Governments that Oppress any other religion, and Oppress women under Sharia Law.

I know I know We are not suppose to profile but you can see why some people have a hard time trusting when any Muslim says they are about reaching out and getting along. When time and time again we see example after example of Intolerance and Oppression not just among a radical few, but in the Majority of their societies as a whole. We Have seen them Vote for this kind of Intolerant Islamic Government time and time again. Yet we want to say it is only a small few who are radical.

I just don't know!

actually the vast majority so not live under shariah. only a few are ruled under shariah law.

i've been to the middle east before. and some the areas look no different than a city in the US. women are free to wear what they want. the have discos. and in some muslims countries you will even find strip clubs. they have bars in most muslim countries.

You support the bar then, good to know.

You have any scriptural justification for this?
Snip

The Muslims in a country that is not governed according to Islamic sharee’ah should do their utmost and strive as much as they can to bring about rule according to Islamic sharee’ah, and they should unite in helping the party which is known will rule in accordance with Islamic sharee’ah. As for supporting one who calls for non-implementation of Islamic sharee’ah, that is not permissible

Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on democracy and elections and participating in that system

A Transgender gay bar with an Arabian Nights theme..... "Ali BaBA and his 40 Queens"
But you know that will never be allowed to happen.Mayor Mike would see to it personally.
This is all part of the big picture that starts at the WH which is determined to bow and bend over for all the world to take shots at us so America can cleanse ourselves for our past sins.We need to apologize and beg forgiveness from the Muslim World for our wish to live our lives the way we thought was best for us.

A Transgender gay bar with an Arabian Nights theme..... "Ali BaBA and his 40 Queens"
But you know that will never be allowed to happen.Mayor Mike would see to it personally.
This is all part of the big picture that starts at the WH which is determined to bow and bend over for all the world to take shots at us so America can cleanse ourselves for our past sins.We need to apologize and beg forgiveness from the Muslim World for our wish to live our lives the way we thought was best for us.

There's no open real estate on that block. Sorry, your plans aren't going to work. But good luck on starting that transgender bar somewhere else. I think you'd have better luck in the village anyway, you wouldn't get much business downtown with a trans bar anyway.

There's no open real estate on that block. Sorry, your plans aren't going to work. But good luck on starting that transgender bar somewhere else. I think you'd have better luck in the village anyway, you wouldn't get much business downtown with a trans bar anyway.

There's not much of anything on that block......during the work week there are people that work in the area, after 7pm and weekends it's a ghost town there,which further makes the point the reason for this building is to rub it in the faces of the American people and to claim that area as a trophy.:confused:

Agreed. A trany bar would be better in the village. But i still like the idea of the sentiment.

There's not much of anything on that block......during the work week there are people that work in the area, after 7pm and weekends it's a ghost town there,which further makes the point the reason for this building is to rub it in the faces of the American people and to claim that area as a trophy.:confused:

On one side of the Park51 Center is The Amish Market - it's a high-end grocery store, catering to the folks that live in the Battery, or shop on their way home. On the other side is The Dakota Roadhouse, a bar I've been to a number of times. They have live music sometimes. Next to that, down to the corner is an AT&T Store, and a bank.

The other side of the street is a campus of The University of Phoenix, in a large office building that takes the whole block, and had no storefront real estate.

Where were you going to build this trans bar?

Forum List

Back